Episode 1b - A Game of Chance

Jun 7, 2016 8:07 am
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c3/43/53/c3435331860c8401bfda5e0c9b9ce359.jpg

The streets of Blue Sector are dark and quiet, except for the near constant wail of sirens in the distance. You walk with your collar up and shoulders hunched, your steps are fast, just two blocks to go. Somewhere in the distance the lights of Treasure Ship Row gleam and twinkle invitingly, but that isn't your destination. Not yet. You don't have the stake for those tables.

As you pass an alley two punks stand up straight and stare at you, but they make no move. Maybe they're waiting for somebody. Finally you get to your destination. It is just as dark and grey as all the other buildings around here, but this is the address you were given. After the briefest hesitation you approach the door, and it opens before you reach it. An old model battle droid is standing there looking you over, blaster at the ready. Its metal is tarnished ad its joints look stiff, but the blaster is pointed right at your torso at point blank range.

"What do you want?" it asks in a low buzzing growl.
OOC:
I am assuming you will not turn up together, but each of you will have the same situation.
Jun 7, 2016 3:34 pm
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/incomscustoms/Custom%20figures/ed033465.jpg
OOC:
I know this pic is arkanian.. maybe she's just THAT damn good with disguises.. anyway, never look up 'sexy space girl' on google if you're at work
Tisha puts her hands up in mock surrender and smiles slightly. Don't shoot, buddy, I'm just here to watch some men play Sabbacc. I was told this is the place to go to if a girl wants an.. exciting night.

Rolls

deception on a droid

1 Success, 5 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Jun 7, 2016 3:55 pm
The droid creaks to the side,

"Enter," it growls.

Inside is dark and dingy, and most of the people look like they're on the wrong side of some spice. Tisha threads her way past people sprawled on the floor into a back room where she finds a small bar and a sabacc table. She sees no sign of Lek.
Jun 7, 2016 4:11 pm
OOC:
going to use my advantage as a boost to this roll
Tisha walks into the back room, feeling very confident in her abilities and adds a little swagger to her walk. She steps into the room and stands with her hands on her hips and addresses the room

I was told that this is the place to go if a girl wants to watch some real high stakes Sabacc. The name's Sela Jewel
OOC:
going to use Charm here. tisha is going to use some subtle sexy body language and winning smile to make everyone in the room react more favorably toward her.

and I take strain.. pulled a muscle rocking my hips
Last edited June 7, 2016 4:13 pm

Rolls

being charming (assuming hard)

3 Success, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Jun 7, 2016 6:18 pm
When Lek shows up to the guarded door, he frowns at the droid guard. He looks straight in its visual receptors and says:

"Dorney told me there was a good game going tonight. I want in."
Jun 7, 2016 6:27 pm
The droid creaks to the side,

"Enter," it growls.

Inside is dark and dingy, and most of the people look like they're on the wrong side of some spice.
Jun 7, 2016 6:35 pm
Looking around, Lek spots Tisha entertaining some half-drunken patrons with a stunning outfit and a winning smile. You weren't kidding about that outfit.

Lek walks up to the bar and orders a drink. After a healthy swig, he nods towards the Sabacc table and asks "Has the game started yet?"
Jun 7, 2016 7:04 pm
The barman gives Lek a "you're new here, aren't you" look and nods.

"The game is always running. Just buy in when there's a space. And there's always a space."
Jun 7, 2016 7:10 pm
Lek looks at the table over his shoulder and grunts. He empties his drink and sets the glass back onto the bar.

Walking up to the table, he nods at the dealer and hands over a chit with 200 credits before he sits down.

"I'm in."
Jun 7, 2016 7:13 pm
"200 creds for the player," says the dealer, "no minimum, winner take all. Please make your wager."
Jun 7, 2016 7:15 pm
The two other players simply nod, not even looking you in the eye. The guy to your right has a pile of 300 credits, the old lady to your left has 400.
Jun 7, 2016 7:17 pm
Here we go.

Lek glances to his opponents and without looking at his credit pile says "Fifty."
Jun 7, 2016 7:21 pm
OOC:
please describe the player to the right
Jun 7, 2016 7:22 pm
The other players follow suit and 150 credits sits in the pot. The dealer deals.
OOC:
This will be an easy cool check. I'll roll for the other two players. Remember your boost die for Tisha working her magic.

Rolls

Guy to right

Lady to left

Jun 7, 2016 7:25 pm
The guy to Lek's right seems to be part of the furniture in here. He has a glass of something corrosive in front of him and his wild-eyed stare indicate there's more than alcohol in his system. He's looks in his fifties but he could well be much younger.
Jun 7, 2016 7:25 pm
Lek picks up his hand.

Rolls

Sabacc hand

2 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Jun 7, 2016 7:29 pm
Tisha moves around the table, watching and walking. at first, she's going to try to spy the players' hands and send signals to Lek on whether they're bluffing or not. using predetermined signals, biting her lip means bluffing.

Tish stands by the loaded guy Heya, handsome...
OOC:
going to use skulduggery to be sneaky. assuming hard difficulty
Last edited June 7, 2016 7:32 pm

Rolls

gotta peep dem cards

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

Jun 7, 2016 7:31 pm
"First hand to the new guy," says the dealer.

The lady cackles,

"Ha, beginners luck," she says, but her smile seems to contain genuine warmth.

The dealer pushes the 150 credits to Lek, increasing his pile to 200. The lady has 350 and the guy has 250.

"Any more players?" the dealer asks perfunctorily, and without waiting for a response he moves on, "Wagers please."
Jun 7, 2016 7:36 pm
Lek keeps a stony face and glances to the dealer. "One-hundred"
OOC:
I'm assuming it's 300, not 200 in my pile?
Jun 7, 2016 7:47 pm
"One hundred," says the dealer looking at the other two players. The lady just pushes her child in like a droid, but the guy is more hesitant. After some internal deliberation he nods and throws his own 100 in.

The dealer gives everyone a new hand .

Rolls

Guy to right

1 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Lady to left

3 Success, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Success

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.