Character Creation

load previous
Jul 5, 2016 5:53 pm
I apologize for making everyone wait for me. I'm fighting my way through the program now, trying to figure things out without the book in my hands to reference everything it's telling me to "look at page... for what this means"
Jul 5, 2016 5:55 pm
Take your time, it's fine if you have any questions just ask them.
Jul 5, 2016 7:18 pm
DrekRok says:
I apologize for making everyone wait for me. I'm fighting my way through the program now, trying to figure things out without the book in my hands to reference everything it's telling me to "look at page... for what this means"
This might help if you're not using it already. F&D Talent Trees

I'll be around today, so, like TDS said, if you have questions ask. I'll get back to you asap.
Jul 5, 2016 7:36 pm
Based on what's developing DrekRok, it's highly likely I did some damage to a "borrowed speeder" at some point. I'm hoping you would have helped a fellow padawan out and covered it up for me, buffing out the scratches, banging out the dents, and perhaps fixing a thruster? Assuming you're still going the Intellect / Mechanics route, that is.
Jul 5, 2016 7:43 pm
Also DrekRok, remember that Fluglichkeiten is letting us use the 'mentor' discount for basic force powers. This means the starting power is 5 xp less than usual for any powers you choose. For each basic power you may decide to learn, you would have to check the "Use Mentor Discount" box at the top of the screen to get the discount.
Jul 5, 2016 7:46 pm
I think I'm starting to get there with the character generator. Some of the basic skills don't show up on that so I'm still doing a little guess work, but I'm progressing. Thanks.
Jul 5, 2016 7:57 pm
Are we limited to just gear that we can purchase at starting level? Or can we just get what we think would be best for us? like, I think I would be just past building my own light saber, and as a tinkering inquisitive sort, I'd have belt pouch full of basic tools for computer and mechanical repair and tinkering.
Jul 6, 2016 8:15 am
I'll have a look over all of the characters in a couple of hours and post any changes, tips, etc. at that time. I'll also try to get the first game post up (we can tweak characters while playing).

I'm really looking forward to seeing what this group are going to do!
Jul 6, 2016 8:17 am
DrekRok says:
Are we limited to just gear that we can purchase at starting level? Or can we just get what we think would be best for us? like, I think I would be just past building my own light saber, and as a tinkering inquisitive sort, I'd have belt pouch full of basic tools for computer and mechanical repair and tinkering.
Oh yeah, gear. The Jedi thing does make this a little more complicated, if only because lightsaber are so expensive! I'm actually leaning towards granting everyone a saber because, well, Jedi. What's the point of playing a Jedi if you can't chop off limbs?
Jul 6, 2016 11:01 am
Are we waking up in a museum or Palp's secret vault where he keeps all his Jedi Relics, because if that's the case we would have plenty of stuff to loot/find to make our sabers rather easily.
Jul 6, 2016 11:38 am
In a museum to the glory of the Empire on a fairly obscure agricultural world. The carbonite block containing five Jedi would be their most prized possession.

Also, you'll all be blind. Might make looting more difficult :-)
Jul 6, 2016 11:40 am
Challenge accepted!!!
Jul 6, 2016 11:44 am
Ahhh. It's going to be that type of game, is it?

:-)
Jul 6, 2016 11:48 am
Do you really want to give blind Jedi functioning light sabers, i think that this article would be what happens

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/11/pentagon-scraps-lightsaber-weapons-program-gross-misconduct-numerous-injuries/
Jul 6, 2016 11:52 am
Ha! Fantastic!

And a good point, I can picture you all standing there waving them around at the first sound you hear, chopping off limbs and head-tails all around.
Jul 6, 2016 11:58 am
TPK right after we are thawed out...or we all get cybernetics.
Jul 6, 2016 12:46 pm
I have decided what to do about lightsabers; everyone gets a free Ilum crystal which they were given during the Padawan ceremony. To decide whether you were able to use yours to actually build a lightsaber we will roll in your Character thread using the construction rules in the GM Kit. I'll post them when I have finished going through the character sheets.
Jul 6, 2016 6:05 pm
It has been pointed out to me that these characters could have made multiple attempts to build their lightsabers at the Academy. That makes perfect sense, so if you think it's something your character would have striven for go ahead and make multiple rolls. Why? Because if you do construct your own saber you get a free mod for it. Additionally, if you roll a Triumph you can get bonuses. I see that as making it a more personal weapon.

Does that make sense?
Jul 6, 2016 6:17 pm
That makes sense. That makes even more sense given that DrekRok would surely do a better job of making his lightsaber. So basically, the roll determines how good of a job we did.

Well, I'll give dice rolling another try in my character forum. Right now though, it seems like whatever dice I put together for the roll all come out as setback dice after I "roll" them. Apparently, Venzo is cursed.
Jul 6, 2016 6:24 pm
Quick test...

Rolls

1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 3 Threat

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.