CLOSED: 5e Adventures on the Nyr Dyv

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 14, 2022 1:02 am
The Nyr Dyv, also known as the Lake of Unknown Depths, is the largest freshwater lake on the continent of Oerik. It is a place of commerce for the lands around it and of piracy. The Rhennee barge folk call it home. Those that think they know the lake speak of the best ports and how to take advantage of the lake's currents. Few speak of what lies beneath in those unknown depths. They just hope to avoid its notice. You were the same. Until you found the map of course.

https://i.imgur.com/JbJfDj4.jpg

So, what brings you to the Nyr Dyv? Treasure hunting? Salvage operations? Elemental research? Nostalgia for your homeland on the lake's bed? Do you hope to find the lost Isles of Woe where once the wizard-priest Yagrax ruled with the power of the Codex of the Infinite Planes before they sunk beneath the waves? Or does the hunt for the mythical Aquirinix, half dragon, half kraken, stir you to the hunt? Perhaps it is time for the depths to be less unknown.
So this is an interest check for a water based campaign set on the Nyr Dyv of Greyhawk. I am thinking of a mid-level start around level 5-7 to let you start with some water breathing magics. I don't have a grand adventure planned out at this point so we could go anywhere from a straight forward privateer and salvage company to all sorts of funky weirdness hidden under the lake waters.

Let me know if this kind of game would interest you and what sort of direction you would want such a game to take.
Last edited October 23, 2022 1:12 pm
Oct 14, 2022 2:08 am
Loves the water and wants to do some swimming. Treasure hunting in the waters sounds like so much fun! Do count me in on this.
Oct 14, 2022 2:17 am
This sounds like fun. I'd be interested.
Oct 14, 2022 2:32 am
Splashes water on ZeroCool to blind him and then drowns him in water... Ignore the fingers coming up counting....
Oct 14, 2022 5:49 am
Yes! Water and ships are great.

I am thinking sea elf rogue.
Last edited October 14, 2022 10:43 am
Oct 14, 2022 6:17 am
Water adventures are fun! And the mid levels might be my favorite in D&D5e. All of the adventure seeds you laid out are interesting, but salvage operations / treasure hunting appeals the most to me at the moment.
Oct 14, 2022 12:34 pm
Mysterious depths? Sounds good to me.
Oct 14, 2022 1:31 pm
Never really had a chance to to water. Definitely a new challenge. I would be interested!
Oct 14, 2022 4:04 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Water adventures are fun! And the mid levels might be my favorite in D&D5e. All of the adventure seeds you laid out are interesting, but salvage operations / treasure hunting appeals the most to me at the moment.
I'm with Jabes here. Salvage / treasure hunting is most (moist) appealing
[ +- ] And remember, if you gaze into the depth...
Last edited October 14, 2022 6:16 pm
Oct 14, 2022 11:51 pm
Well that is certainly enough interest to go forward. Give me the weekend to think on it and I will get a recruitment thread up.
Oct 15, 2022 3:36 pm
Awesome m8 looking forward to it!
Oct 19, 2022 9:48 pm
Having some Real Life issues but I will hopefully have something up over the weekend.
Oct 19, 2022 10:17 pm
No worries. Life is important.
Oct 20, 2022 12:21 am
Yeah. Life. But UNDEAD has its advantages... :)
Oct 20, 2022 6:26 am
GeneCortess says:
Are we going to have a group of Reborn's that are returning to their lost ship?
Oct 20, 2022 9:52 am
runekyndig says:
GeneCortess says:
Are we going to have a group of Reborn's that are returning to their lost ship?
I have in mind a Fathomless Warlock. Race to be decided depending on what sources the DM will allow. I hadn't considered Reborn but wow that fits so well!
Oct 20, 2022 12:36 pm
LOL. Somehow I don't think that all was what the GM had in mind. or UNmind as the case may be.
Oct 20, 2022 1:16 pm
Ooh an all undead campaign. That could be weird and fun. Except for vampires. Those are over done.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.