CLOSED: 5e Adventures on the Nyr Dyv

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 20, 2022 1:26 pm
SvanDerh says:
Ooh an all undead campaign. That could be weird and fun. Except for vampires. Those are over done.
Undead seafaring isn't overdone? The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise would like a word. 🤣
Last edited October 20, 2022 1:27 pm
Oct 20, 2022 1:51 pm
Definitely not what I had in mind, but I did put weird things under the lake as an option. I could be persuaded. For people pondering ideas, I am generally fine with all WotC published content with the caveat that I need to make it make sense for my version of Greyhawk. If I don't own the book in question, the player needs to get me the rules somehow. I generally don't allow third party/homebrew content but I know at least one of you was looking that way so like above, send the rules for review and I'll make a decision.
Last edited October 20, 2022 1:52 pm
Oct 20, 2022 1:56 pm
What sort of tone are you going for, Verrain? Dark vs. Whimsical, Humorous vs. Serious, Heroic vs. Bleak, etc. etc?
Oct 20, 2022 2:28 pm
SvanDerh says:
Ooh an all undead campaign. That could be weird and fun. Except for vampires. Those are over done.
This would definitely be an adventure to remember!

This is absolutely a good one- overdone or not!
Last edited October 20, 2022 2:29 pm
Oct 20, 2022 2:59 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
What sort of tone are you going for, Verrain? Dark vs. Whimsical, Humorous vs. Serious, Heroic vs. Bleak, etc. etc?
Hmm. As this is an adventure premise that can go in many different directions, I was going to see what interested the players more and go in that direction. Since you asked though, I was thinking of an Indiana Jones vibe where things start as a simple treasure hunt and then you discover the wider and weirder world that you've stumbled into. The trick of course is that we need characters that would take that as a challenge to explore deeper as you could all decide that what's down there is too scary and go find a safer body of water.
Oct 20, 2022 3:03 pm
Sounds great! Looking forward to it!
Oct 20, 2022 3:05 pm
Indiana Jones on the water treasure hunting.
I can see the swashbuckling fun already.
This would be a really interesting game.
Oct 20, 2022 4:49 pm
Sounds good to me too.
Oct 20, 2022 4:57 pm
On- and under-water pulp adventure. Sounds fantastic. Ready to work with my fellow players to make an interesting group with strong ties.
Oct 20, 2022 5:00 pm
Woot. Have to get me a waterproof hat...
Oct 20, 2022 5:17 pm
Yeah, if there's room and y'alI will have me, I am absolutely getting in on this!
Oct 22, 2022 8:35 am
You know the state between dreaming and awakening? I rarely get to experience it, but this Saturday morning I did, and a character concept came to mind.
My character stands between good and evil. She is an aasimar, so she has her angelic family whispering in her ear. She has picked up a terrible weapon, destined to be a part of the apocalypse. Her main mission is to hide this weapon where no one can find it, and the bottom of Nyr Dyv is a prospect that she will be investigating.
The weapon has unfortunately bonded to her, and it is whispering desires of violence, blood and mayhem in her mind. It is properly because of her angelic protection that she haven't lost her mind and will to this weapon.

There is a lot of artwork out there from the witchblade comic that I can use, that is clearly catering to the horny teenager, but I still like the concept
[ +- ] images
I'm thinking a hexblade warlock with pact of the blade.

Question: Why is she carrying this terrible weapon?
Answer: So nobody else has to.

Second concept, tied to Jabes.plays.RPG professor concept.
A reborn that awoke in an abandoned laboratory alongside complex designs for clockwork organs. Found/activated by the professor of archology. This reborn became the professors assistant as his/her past was totally blank.
The primary class will be sorceror with clockwork soul subclass. But during the game I would like to have remnants of his/her past life emerge. I part from speaking a dead langue when not paying attention
Domine, hunc librum quaeris?
Professor, is this the book you are looking for?
Provoked by events in game, the class before this clockwork transformation will be revealed. At present, I am thinking of Paladin that was about to take the oath of the Antients
Last edited October 23, 2022 8:31 am
Oct 22, 2022 4:55 pm
I said:
Quote:
I have in mind a Fathomless Warlock. Race to be decided depending on what sources the DM will allow. I hadn't considered Reborn but wow that fits so well!
Verrain said:
Quote:
I was thinking of an Indiana Jones vibe where things start as a simple treasure hunt
Say no more! Here is Jenos Idanian, formerly an archeologist specializing in lost sunken cities, mysteries, and treasure. Drowned while exploring, reborn as a servant of unfathomable powers of the deeps.

https://i.imgur.com/fvweZHb.jpg
Oct 22, 2022 5:25 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/26/81/49/268149e7c5e13f30b5f0f86ccf73680e.jpg
Sea Elf swashbuckler. Yeay. Adventure on boats and water.
Oct 22, 2022 7:25 pm
lol no pressure @verrain no pressure at all!
Oct 22, 2022 8:33 pm
I still can't shake the idea or playing a reborn. Perhaps the plucky assistant of the archeology professor?
I'll put my creative juices on ice untill game invites are sent out
Oct 22, 2022 8:41 pm
I have just hope for a simpler fighter type water going race. And a waterproof 'Indiana Jones' hat of course.
Last edited October 22, 2022 8:41 pm
Oct 22, 2022 8:46 pm
I'm just going to do something basic. Security minded sailor type. Someone has to watch the ship!
Oct 22, 2022 8:47 pm
I was thinking about a marine life reborn researcher or a grung that is in search of the secrets of the depths.... Those monsters somehow got big right? I bet they're hiding how they did it!.
Last edited October 22, 2022 8:48 pm
Oct 22, 2022 8:58 pm
So at the moment we have eight interested people. How do you all feel about a group that large?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.