CLOSED: 5e Adventures on the Nyr Dyv

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 22, 2022 9:25 pm
It's really your comfort level. If you are okay with a large group I'm all in. It can be challenging. Here is a concept 2 groups of 4. Rivals
Oct 22, 2022 11:08 pm
On the player side, I don't mind a large group, but if the DM has an issue that is understandable. If you decide it is too much, I would not be offended to be cut. others have strong character ideas I haven't given it much thought.
Oct 23, 2022 2:38 am
I don't mind one bit from a player side... my IRL group is about that large on an average night.

That said, how do you -- the GM -- feel about it? Please don't feel any obligation to take on more than you're comfortable with. As much as I'd really like to play, if I have to be cut for group size... well, I'm an adult, I can handle it. Lol
Oct 23, 2022 3:40 am
On one hand, 8 sounds about right for a ship's crew / salvage crew. On the other hand, that number can be cumbersome in PbP if not everyone's a daily poster. But as others have said, that's really up to how comfortable you'd be managing that number, Verrain. And as others have also said, absolutely no hard feelings if I don't make the cut! 😄
Oct 23, 2022 8:20 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
On one hand, 8 sounds about right for a ship's crew / salvage crew. On the other hand, that number can be cumbersome in PbP if not everyone's a daily poster. But as others have said, that's really up to how comfortable you'd be managing that number, Verrain. And as others have also said, absolutely no hard feelings if I don't make the cut! 😄
I agree

When I started my Spelljammer Academy game I had 10 interested players. I made two games and ran them in parallel. It was only 120% effort compaired to just running one, as there was so much I could reuse. There is 4 chapters in the game, and at the end of each chapter I asked if people enjoyed themself and wanted to go on. By the end of chapter 2 a few players had to step out due to IRL stuff, and I merged two 5 people games into one 7 people game.
I feel that the game flow has been hampered a bit by so many players.

My suggestion to you @Verrain is don't go over 6 players pr game. Make 2 games of 4 players or one at 6, but don't go for 8
Oct 23, 2022 8:48 am
I wouldn't mind playing in an 8 people group. But DMing such a big group would be a challenge, I think.
I like the suggested approach of 2x4 and merge when people inevitably drop
Last edited October 23, 2022 8:48 am
Oct 23, 2022 1:12 pm
Invites sent. I decided to take you all in and try the two groups of four.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.