What games would you love to run on here?

Jun 14, 2023 2:25 am
What games would you love to play and run on here? Just curious.

I would love to play in a Candela Obscura game on here as a play by post game with ryuutama, mausritter and more.
Jun 14, 2023 3:11 am
I'd love to run an Ars Magica saga on GP. It's not terribly optimized for PbP but I'd enjoy running it. I'd also enjoy running a Star Trek game but not using the Mophidius STA rules. They just don't sit well with my style.

I do plan on starting a ShadowRun game, using the Chronicles of Darkness rules, later this summer.
Jun 14, 2023 3:47 am
There aren't any games I'd love to run because if I want to run something I just run it. For playing, maybe Brinkwood, Coriolis, Brindlewood Bay, Heart the City Beneath, Grok?!, and Shattered City.
Jun 14, 2023 4:05 am
I still want to run Damn the Man, Save the Music on here at some point. There are enough new people on the site that this time I might get some interest 😄

Beyond that, I'm interested in trying a Belonging Outside Belonging game and I'd love to run a Monsterhearts game, though for both of those, the players would need to be the right ones.
Jun 14, 2023 5:47 am
Either Monster of the Week or Savage World / Monster Hunter Club

And I have a D&D campaign world in mind which still needs a lot of work.

I am afraid of the time it takes to actual run things :)
Jun 14, 2023 6:49 am
I would love to run a Dragonbane game at some point. First i need to get my kickstarter books (expect within the next month or so). Then I need to reduce my active games by 1 or 2 games to clear headspace
Jun 14, 2023 12:14 pm
I would love to run a Torg Eternity game if I could find a suitable way to deal with the cards mechanic.

Also wanted to try Sentinel Comics RPG.

And for each new Pathfinder Adventure Path that is released I want to run those as well. Though one game with tactical combat is enough for me.

And I just started listening to a Blades in the Dark Actual Play which I loved, so bought the book for that and hopefully I'll be able to grok it.

But don't have the time with my current workflow sadly.
Jun 14, 2023 1:17 pm
I would like to run a game of The House Doesn't Always Win (itch link), but the site can not deal with the cards mechanic. :(
Jun 14, 2023 1:27 pm
I've been long threatening to run a Feng Shui game inspired entitrely by Kung Fury.

I'm currently trying to wrap my head around a game where the PCs are Muppets in the modern world, much like in the show.

A recently failed game based on the back country of the Appalachian mountains in the depression era has me scribbling notes for something dark and creepy in that setting.
Jun 14, 2023 1:29 pm
I'd be down for an old TMNT game, just for the nostalgia factor. Although I'd rather play than run it, if I'm being honest.
Jun 14, 2023 1:31 pm
witchdoctor says:
I do plan on starting a ShadowRun game, using the Chronicles of Darkness rules, later this summer.
Second edition NWoD? Never got into the revisions, but now you have me curious about Shadowrun.
Jun 14, 2023 5:11 pm
I plan on running a homebrew Traveller campaign here in the fall after I've had a chance to iron out the story details and learn how to GM here. Yes, I know that there are plenty of how-to guides available (and which I'm grateful for) to read. Hoping the learning curves aren't too steep for me.

After I'm comfortable with GM-ing here with a game I know inside and out, I'd like to take a shot at Across a Thousand Dead Worlds, Coriolis, Eclipse Phase, Stars Without Number, and World of Aetaltis. Not necessarily in that order.
Jun 14, 2023 5:29 pm
ForeverDED says:
... and learn how to GM here. ... Hoping the learning curves aren't too steep for me. ...
There are plenty of people who would happily help if you find any questions while learning how to do it. Same for after you start your game, that is still a time of learning and if you reach out, many of us will be more than happy to help as you need.
Jun 14, 2023 6:50 pm
nezzeraj says:
There aren't any games I'd love to run because if I want to run something I just run it. For playing, maybe Brinkwood, Coriolis, Brindlewood Bay, Heart the City Beneath, Grok?!, and Shattered City.
@Nezzeraj One week only, a Brinkwood Deal just dropped at Bundle of Holding.
Jun 14, 2023 6:53 pm
Brinkwood and Brindlewood in one post. Way too confusing. Unless you combine them... 🤔
Jun 14, 2023 7:23 pm
MaJunior says:
witchdoctor says:
Second edition NWoD? Never got into the revisions, but now you have me curious about Shadowrun.
Yes, I'm adapting the Chronicles of Darkness ruleset for ShadowRun. I feel like CoD might handle the setting with a more streamlined set of mechanics and avoid the bloat of the current editions. CoD also handles aspects of the investigative and social sides of the setting that get ignored in favor of throwing gallon buckets of d6 into solving problems with the Firearms skill.
vagueGM says:
ForeverDED says:
... and learn how to GM here. ... Hoping the learning curves aren't too steep for me. ...
There are plenty of people who would happily help if you find any questions while learning how to do it. Same for after you start your game, that is still a time of learning and if you reach out, many of us will be more than happy to help as you need.
The perfectionist in me puts me square in the same situation as DED. With so many great GMs around, it can feel a bit daunting to roll out what seems like an inferior game experience due to lack of coding skills.
The only way to learn is by doing... Well, maybe not the only way but it does accelerate the process.
bowlofspinach says:
Brinkwood and Brindlewood in one post. Way too confusing. Unless you combine them... 🤔
Ooh, I call dibs on Sophia Petrillo, Sicilian Vampire Hunter! 😂
Jun 14, 2023 8:11 pm
witchdoctor says:
MaJunior says:
witchdoctor says:
Yes, I'm adapting the Chronicles of Darkness ruleset for ShadowRun. I feel like CoD might handle the setting with a more streamlined set of mechanics and avoid the bloat of the current editions. CoD also handles aspects of the investigative and social sides of the setting that get ignored in favor of throwing gallon buckets of d6 into solving problems with the Firearms skill.
Interesting... what were the changes in rules between NWoD and CoD? I know virtue and vice mechanics changed, and the morality system got overhauled... was there more?
Jun 14, 2023 9:22 pm
I skipped the nWoD bit so I can't really say what the changes were. I played oWoD and picked up CoD afterwards. CoD and nWoD are broadly compatible mechanically with just a few tweaks from what I can tell though.
Jun 14, 2023 9:37 pm
I'm pretty much the opposite. Played OWoD, got into NWoD when it started coming out. Then the God Machine stuff dropped and they started on revisions, which sorta put me off, and when CoD officially released I officially decided to stick with the system I had.
Jun 14, 2023 11:43 pm
witchdoctor says:
I skipped the nWoD bit so I can't really say what the changes were. I played oWoD and picked up CoD afterwards. CoD and nWoD are broadly compatible mechanically with just a few tweaks from what I can tell though.
IIRC, the main difference is that in oWoD the target number is variable and generally 6. In nWoD it's fixed at 8. Botch mechanics are different accordingly, as are other related things like the bonus dice from spending Willpower.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.