What games would you love to run on here?

load previous
Aug 19, 2023 10:15 pm
I have just gotten back and still figuring out what time I have to devote to gaming here.
Three games I would like to run are:

Dragonbane- New game that just came out that I pre-ordered. The physical copy should be arriving soon but I have read the pdf. The adventure module that came with it is an entire campaign that I would like to run.

Blue Rose - I like the ages system and I think I would be able to run a fun campaign though I would probably tinker with parts of the setting especially around the blue rose and nobility.

Finally The Dark Eye - something about it I really like.

I hope to run another solo game or two so deciding what I have time to do is the first question I am needing to ask myself.
Aug 20, 2023 12:01 am
I'd love to run a Coyote & Crow game.

I'm currently cutting my teeth GM-ing my first game here on GP and learning how to use the site controls. After I'm a bit more comfortable with how that all works (and if time allows), I'll start working on a few adventures for Coyote & Crow.
Aug 20, 2023 12:33 am
witchdoctor says:
I'd love to run a Coyote & Crow game.

I'm currently cutting my teeth GM-ing my first game here on GP and learning how to use the site controls. After I'm a bit more comfortable with how that all works (and if time allows), I'll start working on a few adventures for Coyote & Crow.
I got Coyote and Crow recently! It looks like a really fun game. I’ll try to get in on that if you run it.
Aug 20, 2023 2:23 am
witchdoctor says:
I'm currently cutting my teeth GM-ing my first game here on GP and learning how to use the site controls.
And your doing an awesome job at it!

What's coyote and crow?
Aug 20, 2023 4:18 am
Agreed with dominion. Yours is a great game so far!

Also, I would love to play in a coyote and crow game of yours. I missed the KS because it was at an unfortunate time for me, but that would definitely be the trigger for me to go ahead and buy the (unfortunately pretty expensive) book.
Aug 20, 2023 9:07 am
I’m thinking for some time now about 3 variants:
1. Coriolis - one shot adventure about prisoners that managed to escape the prison and have some treasure map, so are goig for it. A polish adventure that won some contest and is really interesting in my opinion. Of course would run it in English. The adventure include space ships battle/chase that I wanted to always try in this system too:)

2. Using Twilight 2k rules to play campaign where PC discover the apocalypse was caused by aliens… and from now on we are going full X-com:) With base building and researching /salvaging new technologies:)
To be honest: I’m shocked that there is no such expansion to the system so far and I’m thinking about writing one…

3. My own setting and my own YZE+Fabula Ultima+Cortex Prime hack with dice generating mechanical and narrative effects, push your luck elements and managing Effort in shapes of Vigour and Focus(will power ) - science fantasy world, where adventure begin as PCs are children or most trusted court members of the King that is absent leading the defence war far away, and they are send by evil king’s nephew to "prison valley" also far away that is sorrounded by almost impassable mountains … on gigantic pterodactyl… and will have to start to exlopre the valley to gather their strength and supporters For the cause of saving the kingdom and escaping the valley.
You got dinos as your mounts:) In fact dinos are as common as any other animal in this world. So we have strong stonepunk elements. You have technology on Leonardo Da Vinci level/steam pack… magic… and… the ruins in the dense jungle of the valley are strangely similar to mayan and astecs… having aspects… that are either magical or achievable with current level of technology… :) And there are ferries and mistical worlds. If you have ever read the best comics books of Thorgal you would know about what I’m talking about:) I planned to heavily inspire some locations and adventures on Dragonbane adventures book, things like OSR classics: Winter’s daughter, Grottoes, thomb of serpent king and others.
Aug 20, 2023 12:20 pm
Viking1031 says:

Dragonbane- New game that just came out that I pre-ordered. The physical copy should be arriving soon but I have read the pdf. The adventure module that came with it is an entire campaign that I would like to run.
@Viking1031 I got mine last week. There is a xp pr gameplay mechanics where you ask your players some questions (did you defeat a monster? Did you play on your weakness? ect..) that I have been thinking about how to translate to PBP. Currently, I'm thinking that a "game session is a month, perhaps two months
Aug 20, 2023 5:03 pm
I think this is an excellent idea for a thread, thank you Amber. There are three ideas I've been kicking around, but I haven't got everything sorted enough to make a proper interest check thread.

Starfinder: With the announcement of 2e, I am reminded that I haven't brought this game to table nearly enough. I really enjoy Starfinder, particularly after the options started opening up with more books. What I'd like to do is start around level 3, maybe a little higher (to help counteract the slow pace of pbp), and maybe run some Starfinder Society stuff instead of something as ambitious as an Adventure Path. That'd give me a series of short, attainable scenarios, where I could more easily onboard replacement players to contend with attrition.

Bleak Spirit: Bleak Spirit is kind of a weird fit, since it's more of a storytelling game than an RPG where the players kinda swap hats between writing for the protagonist, the world, and being the Chorus who just kinda adds details to what the other two are doing. It tries to create the highly speculative story telling method employed by most Souls-like games without getting hung up on the gameplay style in a way I find intriguing. I've been thinking about running a small game with two or three players in a post-apocalyptic world where mankind is absent and robots are striving in the world they left behind. Something kinda 30XX/Nier:Automata/Casshern inspired.

Apocalypse Frame: Surprising no one, I am hype for Armored Core 6, so a fast-playing game of customizable mecha is definitely going on the list. I've been keeping up with the supplemental material, so I'd probably run it as a Hexcrawl with exploration elements, and maybe give the pilots leverage to split up and go their own way, or team up to handle more dangerous situations as they choose. Kind of a West Marches campaign, but with giant robots.
Aug 20, 2023 5:08 pm
Celestine says:
Starfinder: With the announcement of 2e, I am reminded that I haven't brought this game to table nearly enough. I really enjoy Starfinder, particularly after the options started opening up with more books. What I'd like to do is start around level 3, maybe a little higher (to help counteract the slow pace of pbp), and maybe run some Starfinder Society stuff instead of something as ambitious as an Adventure Path. That'd give me a series of short, attainable scenarios, where I could more easily onboard replacement players to contend with attrition.
I'm currently running a Starfinder one-shot on here after our group finished a different one-shot (that one was Starfinder Society as well), so it can definitely work. We all agreed that starting higher than level 1 is a good idea, though.
Aug 20, 2023 6:06 pm
And Bowl is doing a fantastic job.
Aug 20, 2023 6:27 pm
Beginner games.

I want to learn how to play new game systems. It seems like new players are less likely to get chosen over experienced players...
Aug 20, 2023 10:53 pm
@Celestine -- wait wait wait. I didn't know Apocalypse Frame was Lumen-based! Procuring now!

@Smiley -- you are so right. I've recently got a little more breathing space in my PbP schedule, and I should fire something short up for people who are just getting their feet wet...
Aug 20, 2023 11:03 pm
@Harrigan
I have mainly played PbP DnD 5e games using Discord.

I would love to learn a new system. Call of Cthulhu, Mutants and Masterminds, Pathfinder 2e ect.
Finding a game in those systems and that are newbie welcome is always hard.
Last edited August 20, 2023 11:06 pm
Aug 21, 2023 2:12 am
Viking1031 says:
I have just gotten back and still figuring out what time I have to devote to gaming here.
Three games I would like to run are:

Blue Rose - I like the ages system and I think I would be able to run a fun campaign though I would probably tinker with parts of the setting especially around the blue rose and nobility.
If you do decide to run Blue Rose, I would love to play. I'm not familiar with the AGES system, but I am familiar with the world and find it fascinating.
Aug 21, 2023 1:08 pm
Smiley says:
@Harrigan
I have mainly played PbP DnD 5e games using Discord.

I would love to learn a new system. Call of Cthulhu, Mutants and Masterminds, Pathfinder 2e ect.
Finding a game in those systems and that are newbie welcome is always hard.
I run a newbie Cthulhu game every couple of months. Next one will start prepping early september
Aug 21, 2023 1:19 pm
nezzeraj says:
There aren't any games I'd love to run because if I want to run something I just run it. For playing, maybe Brinkwood, Coriolis, Brindlewood Bay, Heart the City Beneath, Grok?!, and Shattered City.
never even heard of any of these games. So i went and googled them. still clueless. what makes you wanna play them? have you got all these games and have read the core books and thought this looks cool? what is cool: the systems? the settings? the rules? character creation? after a fashion do you not feel ultimately they are all much of muchness and what we really crave is a group of good players/GMs that fit in with your preferences/schedule?
geniunely interested in your answer......
Aug 21, 2023 1:39 pm
I own all of them except Shattered City where I only have a preview version. Each game is different and has different objectives and feels. Brindlewood Bay is murder-solving grannies, Heart is about rising up against imperial oppressors, Grok?! is just a weird fantasy setting that looks fun, Shattered City has a cool setting that's focused on rebuilding and exploring, etc. For your last question, yes, we want players/GMs that fit, but life doesn't give much free time anymore which is why PbP has become popular. I don't think they're all much of muchness, so many games have unique or interesting mechanics that make them very different, although certainly some are very similar.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.