[CLOSED] DnD 5e Eberron game with shenanigans

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic3 / weekGreyWord
Settings: Eberron
Hook PCs have to visit Droaam to hire some Hill Giants for building project

Scenario setup/background
The King's Dark Lanterns - Breland's secret intelligence agency are gathering troublesome news of neighboring still-expanding frontier nation: Droaam. The region was not acknowledged in the Treaty of Thronehold. Most people believe that the monstrous nation can’t last—that even the Daughters can’t hold the disparate alliance together—but Droaam is currently thriving and stronger than ever.
It is well known that Droaam works closely with House Tharashk, selling the services of monstrous soldiers and laborers and byeshk ore, a form of metal with magical properties.
It was not however anticipated how effectively the three hags ruling the nation are investing the money training and arming ogre army.

What is game about
PCs get involved into a complex plan aimed to protect nation from Droaam monsters. They will start by completing a tiny task in the big plan, but their Droaam experience will soon make them most important part of the plan turn them into national heroes.
But for now your first task seems casual - hire some hill giants for building project on Breland and Droaam border.

Jan 1, 2024 5:16 pm
Hiring 3-4 players for 5e Eberron campaign.

How to apply: by Friday, 5th of January post your interest here by acknowledging the described below

Game Duration and Post Frequency
I want to progress game 3 times a week as minimum: I will be posting game process every Monday, Wednesday and Friday 16:00-22:00 UK time (or more frequent if all players could keep up). My applying to this game you confirm you feel comfortable posting at least once between Friday and Monday evening UK time. Between Mon and Wed. Between Wed and Fri.

I have only designed first chapter of the game that will take 3-6 months to complete. If we all find the game involving I have a plan for developing scenario fir the next few years, level up your PCs up to LVL 10 and completely solve the struggle with Droaam monsters.

House rules:
Combat side initiative (all PCs go in the order players post)
Social interaction is a 4 step process as per DMG*

*Not really a house rule, is exactly per DMG, but it is not how most players are used to play
Last edited April 15, 2024 8:15 am
Jan 1, 2024 5:54 pm
I am interested. I have an elf four elements monk in mind as long as the optional Tasha's features for monks are ok. If not I have a Kalashtar Inquisitor rogue in mind.

I acknowledge your posting frequency
Jan 1, 2024 6:22 pm
What is the starting level?

I acknowledge your posting frequencies and reply with an almost daily activity. ;)
Last edited January 1, 2024 6:33 pm
Jan 1, 2024 10:01 pm
I’m new to the platform, but have been playing turn-based board games on BGA for a while and I can handle regular posts (daily). I’m in Psybermagi’s game for beginners at the moment, so should come to you with the basics of GP down (and a fresh, open mindset for you to mold with your GM ways).

I’ll have to double check the DMG social interaction rules - not sure if the groups I play DND with use them or not.
Last edited January 1, 2024 10:07 pm
Jan 2, 2024 9:06 am
I acknowledge your posting frequency

i''m thinking about a halfling thief full of himself.

I think the social interaction rules are interesting. and shouldn't kill the role playing, Just like a player with a bard does not have to actually sing.
Jan 2, 2024 11:02 am
Starting level 3. Tasha's optional features are all good. More on character creating in game page. There are very few things I've banned due to story hook.

I am happy to help anyone learning the GP as platform. I can even do that on discord to allow you keep up with game peace while still learning.
Jan 2, 2024 12:30 pm
Awesome! I’ll come up with a shenanigan-ready character concept. Likely I’ll focus on a simple build.

I have a fun Lore Bard cook character I’ve been hiding away… might be a good fit.
Jan 2, 2024 8:21 pm
Hi, this game sounds fun and the posting schedule works for me.

I'd love to play a House Sivis agent who pretends to be an outcast but has been sent to get intel on Droaam. For class, I'd like to make her an Undead Pact Warlock. Her patron being the original Proctor of The Trust, still working to protect Zilargo's interests.
Jan 3, 2024 11:51 am
This sounds fun and I've wanted to try Eberron myself. I have no issue with the posting frequency since I am available to do so about once a night anyways (mornings for UK).

I'm not sure what I'd play yet, but I'm flexible and can be creative on the spot.
Jan 3, 2024 1:16 pm
I have a twilight cleric or a warlock in mind, but I won't start to really consitter it before I'm in the game
Jan 3, 2024 3:52 pm
I expect players to make their PCs decisions (race/class/etc.) in game thread after rolling ability scores and after consulting with other players. Not sooner.
Jan 4, 2024 1:08 pm
what is shenanigans? googled and fouund a bunch of stuff from cards to steam
Jan 4, 2024 2:18 pm
forkbeard says:
what is shenanigans? googled and fouund a bunch of stuff from cards to steam
Shenanigans is a word that means fun and games and cracyness. "This naughty boy is up to his shenanigans again"
Jan 4, 2024 3:34 pm
I like this definition I've just found
Quote:
rather dishonest or immoral behaviour, especially when you think it is amusing or interesting.
That's the behaviour your patrons will expect from you. Because
Quote:
Eberron is gripped in a cold war where there is very little black-and-white morality to spare
Jan 4, 2024 4:47 pm
You play with you definition and ill play with mine :P
Jan 5, 2024 1:21 am
runekyndig says:
You play with you definition and ill play with mine :P
… a perfect example!
Jan 5, 2024 3:08 pm
I know what the word means, but don't know how it relates to game s , for example there is a card game called shenanigans
Jan 5, 2024 6:50 pm
The reason I put that name into the title was to emphasis story is not about heroes, but about "those naughty boys" (thanks @runekyndig for framing that) your PCs are going to become.
Jan 6, 2024 2:27 am
I think that I will not join after all. I'm playing in four games and running two. My wife is also 36 weeks pregnant so I probably shouldn't join any more games then I am already part of
Jan 6, 2024 6:16 am
cool, i've got a halfling -- rogue , thief. charlatan about ready to go,,+
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.