A Collection of Connoisseur

load previous

Bryr

Psybermagi

Jan 1, 2024 7:10 pm
The sprites are spread in a loose circle using terrain and foliage to create cover and obstacles to hide from and hinder any hobgoblin reprisal. The plan begins according to plan with Oliver's smoke bomb going off with a gentle pop then begin to billow the grey vapors and thick smell of smoke. Startled the hobgoblins whirl to face the source. While they still look for the threat the sprites unleash their volley of tiny arrows, first from the front where you stand, then the back by the smoke, then the sides, and more form the front. Dozens of their tiny arrow fly through the air, slightly startling you as you did not know their numbers were this high as they kept invisible through most of your interactions.

All four of the hobgoblins are struck and stagger slightly cursing. One snaps a command and they all move to flee the encirclement, slightly staggering as they suddenly find it difficult to coordinate their limbs and senses.

Bryr
Quick, confront them so we can continue inflicting our poison to subdue them! Bryr urges as he and the other sprites, now visible, ready more arrows.
[ +- ] Combat
OOC:
Your positions are close enough that you do not need to use an action to move before attacking, except Grin who is further back.

Declare you actions and add rolls as needed
Jan 1, 2024 7:32 pm
Grin focuses his attention on the furthest hobgoblin, aims and fires a crossbow bolt.
OOC:
Focusing with the Marksman trait means any roll of 3+ is a hit. So I’m taking the focus action and the attack action for my turn.
Last edited January 1, 2024 9:44 pm

Rolls

Crossbow hit - (2d6)

(15) = 6

Jan 1, 2024 9:40 pm
Oliver prepares his best imitation of a mischievous Fey grin, and hurls a river rock at one of the hobgoblins.

"Hee-hee-hee. Are you poor little ugly kids lost in the forest?"

Then he hurled a second rock at the same hobgoblin, to make sure the impression were memorable.
OOC:
Memo: I have the quickdraw trait, to load my ranged weapon using the same action to attack.

Also, is it bad taste to call a goblin ugly?
Last edited January 1, 2024 9:45 pm

Rolls

Sling river rock 1 - (2d6)

(52) = 7

Sling river rock 2 - (2d6)

(34) = 7

Jan 1, 2024 9:43 pm
OOC:
I wish I had taken quick draw instead of marksman - that will be my next choice for sure!
Jan 2, 2024 3:54 am
With his frying pan at the ready, Gus says:

Sorry!

And starts swinging.

Rolls

Frying pan (light melee) - (2d6)

(56) = 11

(24) = 6

Jan 2, 2024 6:13 am
You each strike one of the hobgoblins that seem somewhat surprised and are struck by another volley of arrows from the sprites. Staggering the hobgoblins swing wildly, all the while screaming in their own language. Oliver and Grin gasp themselves when they see that Gus now looks more like a short stone elemental with glowing eyes and oversized hands. The fey trickery masking your appearance. With but a single target visible two charge Gus, while Oliver and Grin each get a single hobgoblin chasing them down.
OOC:
So 2 hobgoblins each do a Move, and Attack, while the other two do 2x Attack on

Gus and Grin can each roll 1d6 each for Agility to evade the 2 hits. Each success prevents damage.

Rolls

Attack Gus - (2d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (61) = 7

2d6 : (11) = 2

2d6 : (24) = 6

2d6 : (21) = 3

Attack Grin - (2d6)

(66) = 12

Attack Oliver - (2d6)

(14) = 5

Jan 2, 2024 8:28 am
OOC:
Post seems to be duplicated
Jan 2, 2024 12:22 pm
OOC:
Here’s hoping Duende Agility pays off! I’m going to assume the first set of rolls counts and the hobgobs hit me once.
OOC:
dang
Last edited January 2, 2024 12:23 pm

Rolls

Duende Agility - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Jan 2, 2024 2:44 pm
OOC:
I got pretty lucky with that first set of rolls!

Rolls

Duende Agilit - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Jan 2, 2024 3:03 pm
OOC:
hopefully we only take 1 damage. I’m going to try to keep this thorn bush between me and them.
Jan 2, 2024 10:03 pm
OOC:
come to think of it... it is our turn to act, isn't it?
Jan 2, 2024 10:07 pm
OOC:
You’re right! I thought we had to wait to take damage and sort out the double rolling but I think we’re assuming the first roll is correct and I think we take 1 dmg for each successful hit on us.

You go ahead and take your turn. I went first before.
Jan 3, 2024 1:36 am
Grin and Gus each move to evade the hobgoblin attacks but gus both are hit, Gus with a sword and Grin form a bow that the hobgoblin carries.
OOC:
Duplicate posts can happen when internet hickups on this site. Usually with mobile devices or spotty wifi

Still on vacation so posting is a bit erratic with family activities
On play by post I recommend everyone post when available, don't wait for others as life is full of chaos and waiting for them then them waiting for your doubles the chance on chaos inflicting delays.

All 3 of you can go, the sprites and hobgoblins have acted.
Jan 3, 2024 10:43 pm
Aghhhh! Grin shouts out in pain. He looks towards his bow-wielding attacker and also notices Gus in trouble. Maybe I can make it harder for that archer to hit me and cause some confusion.

Grin wants to put one of the hobgoblins attacking Gus in the line of fire between himself and his bow-wielding hobgoblin attacker.

He creeps behind a tree opposite the ranged attacker. From behind the tree (what he believes is cover), he loads a bolt into his crossbow and takes a steadying breath.

Actions: Move, Reload Weapon
OOC:
So, I’m not sure if this makes sense, but I’m trying to hide behind a tree and also cause the bow-wielding hobgoblin who shot at Grin to reposition if he wants to fire or risk hitting his friend.

Also, have a great holiday and safe travels!
Last edited January 5, 2024 2:36 am
Jan 3, 2024 11:16 pm
Oliver saw the arrow fly by, nearly hitting mark. Whew, that was close, but Gus seems to be getting the worse part. Perhaps if I make them believe that the "rock creature" is immune to their strikes...

He proceeded to take a few steps forward, load, aim and sling a river rock at one of the hobgoblins targetting Gus.

"Hey, Dorrock, weren't these supposed to be... dangerous? Those wimpy ugly kids surely can't hit as much as they can yell", he said out loud to Gus, so the hobgoblins could hear.

And he proceeded to sling a second rock at the same hobgoblin.
OOC:
I take it no goblin is physically next to me or Grin. Do we know how we look due to the Fey magic?

Rolls

Sling river rock 1 - (2d6)

(61) = 7

Sling river rock 2 - (2d6)

(33) = 6

Jan 4, 2024 5:31 am
Wincing in pain, Gus stiffles a yelp and tries his best to follow along with Oliver:

I guess not. That one didn't even leave a mark!
OOC:
Hoping that the illusion conceals any injury that Gus may have just sustained.
Gus takes another couple of swings with his frying pan.

Rolls

(15) = 6

(34) = 7

Jan 5, 2024 7:01 am
Grin slinks off to fire from cover as Oliver continues his volley of small stones and Gus twirls his frying pan with deadly ease. The sprites continue their barrage as well and the hobgoblins realize they are in trouble. One snaps a command and three begin their own retreat while moving to avoid furfure attacks.
3 Hobgoblins : Move & Evade Actions
The last hobgoblin seems fixated and tries to fire on Grin but is having difficulty due to the cover and fey sleeping toxins.

One of the hobgoblins attempting to flee finally succumbs and falls to the ground and is abandoned by the others with one pulling ahead of the other who is having difficulty moving in a coordinated or coherent manner.

Rolls

hobgoblin Save Test - (2d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (22) = 4

2d6 : (25) = 7

2d6 : (41) = 5

2d6 : (61) = 7

2d6 : (33) = 6

Attack, disadvantage vs Grin - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Jan 5, 2024 3:11 pm
Grinfletch leans out from behind his tree and notes that two of the three Hobgoblins are still moving with some coordination. He aims his crossbow at the lead runner and whispers to himself: Like shooting fried fish on a stick.

He fires his shot, then yells: Freeze where you are and we will halt our attack!

He loads another bolt into his crossbow and aims at the second runner.

Actions: Attack, Reload.

Rolls

Crossbow shot - (2d6)

(55) = 10

Jan 5, 2024 10:26 pm
Seeing the hobgoblins flee the scene, Oliver decides to maintain his distance by moving towards them.

"Hear, hear! You flee, we chase! You halt, we halt!", echoed Oliver the offer made by Grin, and then completed in his head 'You halt, you sleep'.

Oliver chased after the goblins and slung a river rock at the one furthest ahead.

Action: Move, Load-Shoot
OOC:
Why did my dice add up? This doesn't usually happen.
Last edited January 5, 2024 10:27 pm

Rolls

Sling rock - (2d6)

(44) = 8

Jan 8, 2024 1:03 am
OOC:
@zstix : Gus is up
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.