Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
May 1, 2017 3:21 am
"Perhaps a hook of some kind could help him to function without the use of his hand, if you'd be willing to craft it. As I recall, you did tell me Agatha's answer,"
May 1, 2017 3:22 am
Stormsong's performance is so bad, probably due to how exhausted he is, that the whole inn spends the whole time laughing. They assume that it has to be some sort of comedy performance.
May 1, 2017 7:18 am
"I'm heading out again to help Old Reidoth up north. When I return, I'll see what can be done for Arik," Kama says with a nod.

He coughs. "I, uh, wanted to ask about Tymora's role in a place like Phandalin. I mean, back when I pledged myself to her teachings, I was only thinking of myself. But what does she do for everybody here? What does she provide to miners and farmers, like Arik here with the wife and kid?"
May 2, 2017 3:45 am
"She is the lady of Luck," Garaele says, "Isn't it obvious what she's done already. Doesn't it seem more than mere coincidence that a capable group of adventurers showed up just in time to help deal with the Redbrand problem? And then Gundren?
And you're here at the perfect time to grant Arik some of his life back with the hook you're going to craft for him?"
May 2, 2017 7:40 am
Kama finds a chair to sit in, even if it is opposite the unconscious man. "I guess so," he admits in thought. "Okay, so we can say that The Lady has blessed someone or some place, but what about anybody that comes around and asks? I mean, you strike me as a pretty darn good person to talk to, so I imagine the folk here come up to you with all their ails and woes. But I ain't really the... talking type of guy, I guess. Well, I mean, I can talk, but I don't know what to say; being a farmer didn't give me time for education, and being a soldier was learning different ways to shut up."
May 2, 2017 8:54 pm
"I'm good with words, you have other talents. I can see that you're a good hand with a blade, based on what you've done so far. This is far from a tamed land, you know. You apparently know your way around the forge and farm as well, both skills that are always in need here. It's all about knowing your strengths and putting them to use."
May 2, 2017 10:15 pm
"So... we each do our own thing?" Kama asks. After a moment of thought, he nods. "That sounds pretty... simple, yeah. Bring the light of good fortune through my own hands."
May 4, 2017 10:38 pm
After a pause, Stormsong joins in on the laughter and buys a round of drinks for the house.

"Well, lets see if I'm a better dragon hunter tomorrow than a musician today!
May 5, 2017 6:38 pm
The crowd cheers as Stormsong buys the next round. At his announcement of hunting dragons, the crowd goes quiet, "Are ye really gon' hunt a dragon tomorrow?" someone calls out.
May 5, 2017 8:04 pm
"Well, I'm not sure about our exact departure, but yeah, were after one. Evidently the senior members of our group had a run in with one a few weeks* back. We have some free time, so..." he trails off as he clinks mugs with some of his new best friends and takes a mighty swig.
May 9, 2017 7:10 pm
Kama stands and counts out 15 gold pieces. He leaves 5 by Arik's bedside, "Have Barthen supply them with some dry goods." The remaining 10 gold is held out to Sister Garaele. "For Tymora."

The half-orc then visits the shrine, where he falls to one knee in silent communion. He places one gold piece at the stone, and his inner thoughts roil around the Sister's words. He never was much for ceremony, and Kama sees no need to start now, but with both hands resting on his knee he quietly pledges himself to bring fortune to others where needed. Reasoning that luck is older than time itself, Kama vows to uphold the ancient light of Tymora's blessings.
May 10, 2017 3:44 am
The men at the bar, starved for new tales, listen intently to Stormsong and gladly drink whatever ale he pays for.

At the shrine, Kama feels his doubts wash away for a moment, replaced briefly with serenity, as he makes his pledge.
May 10, 2017 3:52 am
He regales the audience with tales of calming the banshee, complete with his song, the destruction of the necromancer, the elimination of the orc and ogre scouting party, and some of the heroics in the cave. He's careful not to describe the location of the cave, or any other practical details. He tells of Xora's deadly accuracy with her bow, Gimblyn's wild magic bursts, Kama's epic battle with the Flame skull, the battle of wits with the wraith, the befriending of the spectator, and the ghoul trap -- all augmented with song and verse from the notes he made every night.
May 10, 2017 6:30 am
Feeling rather better about everything, Kama makes his way to the Stonehill Inn and join his companions in an eve of merriment.
May 12, 2017 5:21 pm
The night passes by in a haze of drink and stories. You wake up just before noon the next morning with a pounding headache.
May 12, 2017 5:43 pm
Kama quietly mutters, "When is breakfast?" He squints into the daylight and decides remaining in the darker confines of the tavern is better for his senses.
May 15, 2017 4:04 am
"About three hours ago," you hear from a table as you head into the dining area, "I think you're looking for lunch now!"

You look over and see the bartender moving from table to table, wiping down the mess from breakfast so that he can prepare lunch.
May 15, 2017 4:15 am
"Then turn back time, 'cause I'm hungry," says Kama, leaning back in his chair and closing his eyes tight. "Gods, what a night."
May 15, 2017 4:19 am
Stormsong bounds down the stairs with his lute in hand and lands with a thud next to Kama.
"Goooooodmorning, hero of Wave Echo Cave! We off to hunt dragons now?"
OOC:
it's good to have healing magic...
May 16, 2017 3:59 pm
"In a bit," Kama mutters, rubbing his eyes while waiting for lunch. "Where's Gimblyn and Xora?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.