Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
Apr 25, 2017 4:25 am
Kama returns after helping Nundro perform the last rites. "Yeah, let's head back to Phandalin. At the very least we have to let Gundren know about his brother and the mine."
Apr 25, 2017 1:29 pm
OOC:
I've been bad at tracking time here, so we'll assume it's morning when you leave the cave
When you leave the cave, you find that the sun is just beginning to rise. You know you have a good 15 miles to travel before you get back to town.
Apr 25, 2017 3:34 pm
OOC:
I'm not sure how long we've been going -- do we have the energy to get to town before exhaustion gets us, or do we need to reat? Normal travel is 24 mi/day.
Apr 25, 2017 4:20 pm
OOC:
We got horses, unless some wild animal took them in the night.
Apr 25, 2017 6:14 pm
The horses wait patiently outside, chewing on the grass.
Apr 25, 2017 6:17 pm
Kama adjusts the saddle and stows some of his equipment, ready to depart for Phandalin.
Apr 25, 2017 6:19 pm
"Let's mount up, then, and report back to Gundren," says Stormsong as he tightens the tack, hooks up his his pack as saddlebags, and mounts up.
Apr 26, 2017 6:59 pm
Gimblyn struggles to climb atop his horse, feet flapping frantically as he climbs up. Once he's finally on top of it he smiles, "I'm ready to rest, I swear!"

Atop your horses, it only takes about five hours to get back to town at a very leisurely pace, with a couple of short breaks. Where would you like to go first?
Apr 26, 2017 11:31 pm
Kama seeks out Gundren to let him know of Nundro's survival and the status of Wave Echo Cave.
Apr 27, 2017 12:59 pm
You find that Gundren has moved to the inn for the time being and he's sitting at the bar with his back to you when you enter, a full mug of ale in hand. A serving girl moves deftly through the tables, as the inn is far busier than usual. As you walk through, you hear people talking and something catches your attention...

"They say it was a dragon what attacked their wagon!" a man shouts at another.

"Bah! A dragon, I'll believe it when I see it. Ain't been troubles with dragons 'round here is years!" the other retorts.

"Well, don't believe me then! Won't stop it from eatin' yer kids when it comes to town!"
Apr 27, 2017 4:05 pm
Kama ignores the shouting men and strides through the inn with determination, purpose, and all the confidence of a half-orc saying, "Excuse me... Sorry... Oops! Pardon me... Coming through..."

When he finally arrives at the bar, Kama slides up to the dwarf. "Sir Rockseeker," he begins, "I bring news."
Apr 27, 2017 5:30 pm
Gundren spins around to face Kama, "Ah, there ya are! Thought ye might've got into trouble. What did ye find out?"
Apr 27, 2017 5:51 pm
Kama voice is somber. "Your brother, Tharden, has fallen. He lies in The Cave, but worry not. Nundro is alive and well, and we have secured The Cave for your operation. He is waiting for you there."

If Stormsong is present, Kama nudges him in the ribs and looks down at the Goliath's feet, before tipping his head to Gundren.
Apr 27, 2017 5:52 pm
Cmbrian says:
Shuffling his feet a bit, Stormsong asks quietly, "Um, were we working for free?"
OOC:
Forgot to answer this question, but we're supposed to get a 10% cut once the Rockseekers start up the forge again.
Apr 28, 2017 1:33 pm
"Um, oh, yes. Mr. Rockseeker -- may I present you with Tharden's magical boots. Nundro loaned them to me as we cleared the mine -- they were quite useful."

He awkwardly pulls them off and presents them to Gundren.
Apr 28, 2017 1:59 pm
A look of pain flashes across Gundren's face, but he doesn't look surprised, "Ah... I was afraid that something terrible had happened. Ye can keep the boots, ye'll likely put them to better use than I would," he says, waving away the offered boots. He sighs deeply, looking off into space and raises his mug in silent toast to his fallen brother.

He turns back to you, "Thank you fer everything," he says, eyes misty, "I'll be headin' over there in the mornin'. Ye'll always be welcome here and I'll make sure ye get yer 10 percent."
Apr 28, 2017 4:17 pm
Kama salutes in respect to Gundren's toast. He steps back to allow the dwarf some privacy, and takes his leave.

Turning to the others, Kama says, "I've got to stop by the shrine. We can get some supplies and rest for the night here, set out for Reidoth in the morning."
Apr 30, 2017 3:08 am
Kama makes his way to the shrine, finding Sister Garaele tending to the wounds of an unconscious farmer. Seeing you enter, she waves you in with a strained smile, "Poor Arik lost his hand today while tending to his fields. I'm fairly certain that he'll live, but his farm will suffer for his loss, as will his young wife and newborn child."
Apr 30, 2017 3:41 am
Not knowing this little town as well as the others, Stormsong makes friends his favorite way -- playing music in the local pub/inn.
OOC:
ouch...
Last edited April 30, 2017 3:42 am

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+6)

(1) + 6 = 7

May 1, 2017 3:18 am
"Can anything be done?" Kama asks. "Perhaps I can hammer out a hook or claw he can wear.

"Oh, before I forget, did I tell you Agatha's answer?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.