Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
Dec 17, 2016 10:44 pm
Stormsong is absolutely certain that there are no traps on the box.
Dec 17, 2016 10:56 pm
OOC:
perception was poor, but strength was good...
Dec 17, 2016 10:59 pm
It isn't easy, as the lock is dwarf-made, but the box is old and Stormsong is able to break it open. Inside are hundreds of coins: 600 copper, 180 silver, 90 electrum, and 60 gold pieces.
Dec 18, 2016 4:46 am
"Loot!"

Stormsong packs it away for later distribution and rejoins the others.

"Where to next? Any heat coming from the north passages?"
Dec 18, 2016 6:43 am
"Haven't seen anything," says Kama. "Honestly, we need to make camp soon. We've been riding all day and then dove in here to battle. We're going to need rest."
Dec 18, 2016 1:45 pm
Gimblyn nods his head to agree. "We can set up now, yes?" He puts his pack down and pulls out some tools. "I swear this bow will be great. Perfection takes time." Tumtwig begins crafting the bow again.
Dec 18, 2016 3:19 pm
Nodding in agreement, Stormsong let's the adrenaline wash away and begins to feel the bruises from his magically knotted wounds and slumps against the nearest wall, sliding to the floor.

"Sorry I've been a bit impulsive -- I haven't done much work underground and it's so exciting!"
OOC:
is there anything interesting on the parchment? He can only read common and giant, though.
Dec 18, 2016 6:14 pm
Kama indicates the skeleton room and the storeroom. "We can set up in one of those. It affords us a door we can defend, at least."
Dec 18, 2016 7:38 pm
Pointing at the skeleton room, "Saw bunks in there."

He pulls himself off of the floor and heads back into the bone scattered room and plops down on the nearest stone bunk. Seeing that it's dwarf/gnome sized, he slides sweeps away the nearby bones with his feet and lays out his bedroll on the floor and the lantern on the bunk.

After cleaning and tending to his weapons and armor, he lies down with his head propped and facing the door, munches some dry rations and reads a book of poetry by the dwindling light.

"I can keep first watch, if you like," he offers, knowing that the book is a two hour read.
Last edited December 18, 2016 7:41 pm
Dec 18, 2016 7:59 pm
"You guys relax in here," says Kama. "I don't need light, and I can stay out there for advance warning. When we switch off, let's close and barricade the door if we can."
Dec 19, 2016 4:40 pm
OOC:
So we'll go for a long rest, then?
Dec 19, 2016 4:51 pm
OOC:
Sure, why not. I'll take second watch.
Dec 19, 2016 4:57 pm
Just a few minutes after everyone lays down to rest, Kama hears a crash echo from somewhere deeper into the complex, then utter silence. Moments later a trio of slobbering, rotting monsters come into view from the northern passage. They are human-sized, but are slightly hunched, with large claws and sharp fangs in their mouths.
OOC:
They get the drop on Kama, though he can at least call a warning to the others
Battle Map
Dec 19, 2016 4:59 pm
The ghouls rush up to Kama, the one in the lead clawing at him with its sharp claws. It catches him on the hip as he tries to move out of the way (17 vs AC 17, 5 damage).
OOC:
Thankfully for you, you succeeded on the Con save to resist the poison!

Your turn!
Dec 19, 2016 5:09 pm
Kama does call out a warning, hoping to rouse the party against this new threat. He draws Talon and in the same motion, brings it up with fury at the lead ghoul. Balking at the unnatural creatures before him, Kama attempts to channel divine power should his sword finds its mark.
OOC:
Using Divine Smite if I hit. Also, is it possible to fight while backing up? I'd like to bring the ghouls further into the hallway so that it's easier to defend, but not risk an opportunity attack.

Rolls

Talon vs U2, Damage, Divine Smite - (1d20+6, 1d10+4, 3d8)

1d20+6 : (8) + 6 = 14

1d10+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

3d8 : (225) = 9

Dec 19, 2016 5:13 pm
Kama's feels his coin warm up where it hangs around his neck as divine power moves through him. Talon connects hard on the ghoul and it is bathed in radiant energy, turning it to ash.
OOC:
Technically no, but you aren't in range of any enemies at the moment ;)
Battle Map
Dec 19, 2016 5:16 pm
Temporarily freeing himself from the engagement, Kama backs up further down the hallway.
Dec 19, 2016 5:20 pm
OOC:
Enemy turn next. Because of Kama's call, everyone can act in the next round and will be on their feet.
Dec 19, 2016 5:32 pm
The ghouls press forward down the hallway, heedless of the ashes of their companion. U1 takes a swipe at Kama, throwing its weight behind its claws. Kama isn't caught off guard anymore and manages to keep the nasty claws clear of his body.
OOC:
Your turn, all of you!
Battle Map
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.