Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Jan 12, 2017 4:42 pm
About the only thing I can see to purchase is an upgrade to studded leather armor; and did we settle on the rings of spell storing?
Last edited January 12, 2017 4:46 pm
Jan 12, 2017 4:55 pm
There's 1 left I think (Mordred has one, and 2 each for me and Vhezyen).
Jan 12, 2017 5:06 pm
I'll grab that last one unless anyone else has use for it.
Jan 12, 2017 5:13 pm
I've sorta lost track of who got what. :)

Zangua now has a glaive and two pairs of manacles. He's wearing Scale Mail +1. Besides his starting equipment, that's all he has currently.
Jan 12, 2017 6:23 pm
As far as the rings of spell storing, I took 2, but if others are interested, I don't consider them 'mine'. Just trying to move party logistics along.
Jan 12, 2017 6:29 pm
I do think the spell storing rings ought to be given to the spellcasters. While it might be nice for a fighter to have a Cure Wounds in their back pocket, it feels like it would be better for the warrior to use their action for multi-attack.

Who has the Ring of Protection +1?
Jan 12, 2017 6:46 pm
Part of the conceit of this campaign is that the players are interacting with the major nation-shaping forces at work in Bload at this pivotal moment in its history, and that their choices are going to have significant lasting effects on what happens. To that end, it's important for me to make sure you guys not only aren't on rails, but you can break rails and move rails, if that makes any metaphorical sense. A lot of the lore, characters, and plot elements are procedurally generated by what you guys decide to do. So, if you decide to ferret out side quests, you're not messing anything up, but the Werld is still spinning and things are still happening while you're taking the time to do that. This ain't Skyrim, the Jarl isn't just going to stand there forever. But I would encourage you guys to do what you want to do and not worry about what I think you "should" do, even if I have to bury beloved NPCs like Wormfellow (sigh) in discarded notes that nobody will ever see...
Jan 12, 2017 7:14 pm
BullOctorok says:

...it's important for me to make sure you guys not only aren't on rails, but you can break rails and move rails... if you decide to ferret out side quests, you're not messing anything up... I would encourage you guys to do what you want to do...
So good to hear. There are all kinds of DM's and GM's...
BullOctorok says:
...even if I have to bury beloved NPCs like Wormfellow (sigh) in discarded notes that nobody will ever see...
Poor Wormfellow.
Jan 12, 2017 7:17 pm
CancerMan says:
Who has the Ring of Protection +1?
Nobody, as far as I know. I thought it would be best for either you or Felor. Not sure where I left off on that thought, but I'm leaning Zangua since Felor's AC is pretty up there, and part of Zangua's job is to take that beating so often received in the front.
Jan 12, 2017 7:23 pm
I've been feeling a little boxed in, in that regard, by Mordred's debt to Zora, and his concerns about her safety. Hopefully that will be addressed in this upcoming council, and he will feel a bit more free to explore going forward.
Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
notinventedhere says:
There's 1 left I think (Mordred has one, and 2 each one for me, and two for Vhezyen).
Last edited January 12, 2017 11:26 pm
Jan 12, 2017 11:58 pm
Octo, could we get another copy of the Manifest please? I feel like it's buried somewhere in the last 4 chapters...
Jan 13, 2017 12:23 am
nubs says:
when they took Martjan they marked Zora with their symbol and said something to the effect that she was hostage to her mother's safety in some way.
I think they were just making it clear that if Marjtan doesn't go along nicely, Zora's in trouble. Pretty sure Mom is going to do everything she can to ensure that doesn't happen to Zora. And I think that's the extent of any danger to Zora: Martjan failing her, which I don't see happening. It's why Martjan went, to protect her.
Last edited January 13, 2017 12:23 am
Jan 13, 2017 9:03 am
Quote:
Felor suspects that Fjorgyn's puissance overloaded the ring; copper was known to be a less than ideal storage medium for latent magical energy.
It was a level 3 spell slot spell that exploded the ring. Maybe they can only handle lower level spells? Maybe they're crappy knock-offs? Maybe no mere mortal ring can contain the might of Fjorgyn?
Jan 13, 2017 4:43 pm
I assumed the level 2 Hold Person was going in first, actually. And the roll associated with blowing it up was a 10 on a d20+6. Make of that what you will!
Jan 13, 2017 5:01 pm
Ah, OK. Well Felor's getting rid of the other ring, he doesn't trust it.
Jan 13, 2017 7:08 pm
CancerMan says:
Zangua squints, "Why in the Hells would Zora go about singing while we're sneaking about? You saying she's stupid?"
CancerMan, is Zangua truly that simple? Or just drunk off the available booze already? In past chapters he didn't seem so... well, simple. Seemed like he had a mind for tactics. I mean, he always liked the food, to be sure, stuffing his face whenever possible...
Jan 13, 2017 7:11 pm
I was reading Zangua as drunk! It's kind of a moot point though, I don't want to keep using Zora-peril as a motivator and she won't be accompanying the party on any of the three major adventure options presented.
Jan 13, 2017 7:14 pm
That read drunk to me too!

It's cool. I was just RPing it out. Zangua can be as angry/surly as he likes. Vhezyen might just respond with another lecture. :)

Also, from an external point of view, exploring Vorch just sounds like more fun. I'm not sure what the right move is, but we'd be taking a boat to a mysterious island, which seems to have a lot of awesome adventure potential!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.