Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Jan 13, 2017 7:22 pm
The way I run Zangua is that he is strictly a warrior. He has no room in his head for matters of politics or the arcane, so in that regard he is rather simple. Since he doesn't understand the concept of arcane scrying and no one really explained it in a way he could, trying to convince him that Zora is a danger because of the mark is flying right over his head.

Zangua's not YET drunk, but he's trying to get there even if it's so early in the day.
Jan 13, 2017 7:25 pm
Lol. It was a rough night for him, no doubt.
rocksteady says:
"WE don't NEED TO KNOW WHERE you are going or where THE SPHERE IS. Even if you could find some way to TELL ME WITHOUT SAYING IT ALOUD OR WRITING IT DOWN, I wouldn't want to know. MAYBE JUST A CLUE would be too much. My memories of you FROM OUR SHARED PAST are so important, and I don't want to see you endanger yourself. DO YOU UNDERSTAND why I want you to keep it a secret?"
Yep. Getting Leomund's Tiny Hut asap, which will make us Scrying proof plus then some.

Clever though. Nicely done.
Jan 13, 2017 9:15 pm
Octo, if it's not too much trouble, where did the group find the manifest, or how did they acquire it?
Jan 13, 2017 9:28 pm
Gethro Moag gave them a copy when he met them after their visit to the Temple of Isis. It remains unclear how he knew they were looking for it.
Jan 17, 2017 11:53 pm
Do we have any theories about Zora and her relation to the prophecy? Seems to me that we should make every precaution to be sure she doesn't end up "paying the price" as "hazard's daughter" when she "stops the water and the cold"... Although that might be preferable to "ice and flood through the broken gate" and a fallen city... Maybe we should go get that book of Horgul prophecies Martjan had before we leave town...
Jan 18, 2017 12:02 am
Perhaps she already played her part, as far as the prophecy is concerned. Her efforts up to this point might be exactly what was needed for 'hazard's daughter to stop the water.'
Jan 18, 2017 1:49 am
thedandyman says:
Did we find out what the deal was with the symbol they put on Zora? Or at least get confirmation that they're looking into it?
I'm guessing it's a Six Pronged Crown, but I could be wrong. Either way, I imagine it at least serves the purpose of a 'personal mark' placed on Zora, which would make tracking her via divination easier, although not guaranteed.

Felor might be able to help her with it via Dispel Magic, if the symbol is at all magical in nature. If it was also/only etched in physically, it still provides a connection, and it might be a good idea to have the symbol removed via good old fashioned thorough burning, then some healing. If I'm Zora, I want the Dispel Magic, followed by a burn that scars over the symbol, followed by a nice heal. That seems like the best we could do to help.

Of course, all of the above assumes it's simply a marker to help divine Zora's location. Like I said though, if I'm Zora, I want it gone, just in case.
Jan 20, 2017 12:39 am
thedandyman says:
Oooooh...

Just making sure I understand the rules correctly; I could use a bonus action to light the arrow with a tinderbox without using up any of my other actions, but I couldn't use another bonus action that turn? And does extra attack count as a bonus action?

If you mean Extra Attack as with most melee classes, it is done through the Attack action. While normally you are allowed to make one attack using the Attack action, having Extra Attack allows you to make two or more. These all take place within the Attack action.

If you are fighting with two weapons, you use the Attack action to strike with your main weapon, and a bonus action to strike with the second weapon. Extra Attack can also apply here, but only to the main weapon (ie, Attack action).

And yes, you only get one Bonus Action per turn.
Last edited January 20, 2017 12:40 am
Jan 24, 2017 7:54 pm
BullOctorok says:
Cornflower's surface thoughts:

* these people are foolish
* is this weather going to get worse? my gut tells me the rains will strengthen but not enough to trouble us
* we should stop for provisions near Sood before venturing into the open sea
* Flat Snake is lazy, his laziness is becoming a problem for the rest of the crew, I must speak with him
Nice thoughts. They make complete sense too. Not every Detect Thoughts will be useful, to be sure. And hopefully Fat Snake isn't too lazy while we're on board. Nice that he wasn't thinking "We'll kill them in their sleep and dump them overboard."

Rest easy, Mordred? :)
Last edited January 24, 2017 7:55 pm
Jan 25, 2017 10:19 pm
Holy crap, I'm gone three days and you guys advance five pages O.O

Was busy with work on monday, and then yesterday the new Kingdom Hearts game came out, so I've been immersing myself in that... I'll try to not let it distract me from here too much though.
Jan 26, 2017 9:53 am
I just assumed you spent the whole boat trip napping.
Jan 26, 2017 12:06 pm
I think Mordred is starting to feel like Michael Douglas's character in the third act of The Game. If someone coughs behind him, he assumes it's a wizard assassin about to kill him. He's used to being secretive and blending into the shadows, and the idea that the Six-Pronged Crown seems to know the party's every move before they make it is terrifying.
Jan 26, 2017 4:25 pm
rocksteady says:
I think Mordred is starting to feel like Michael Douglas's character in the third act of The Game. If someone coughs behind him, he assumes it's a wizard assassin about to kill him. He's used to being secretive and blending into the shadows, and the idea that the Six-Pronged Crown seems to know the party's every move before they make it is terrifying.
Good movie.

That line of thinking above is why I changed my familiar to one that fits the environment. Any precaution I can take to help avoid trouble or give us an edge seems worthwhile. From what I've read, Octo seems like the kind of DM who might attend to those kinds of details, and if there is a sharp native or two, or especially a wizard assassin, they might notice and appreciate what a foreign animal's presence could mean.

Maybe we've been made already, but I'd rather not broadcast our presence anymore than needed, in an effort to maximize any edge we might have.
Jan 27, 2017 1:00 pm
thedandyman says:
OOC:
Also, DM'd my first forreal game today! Did the Edge of the Empire starter set with some buddies, and they seemed to enjoy it a lot, so it may become a recurring thing. Hooray!
Awesome! I've been curious about trying a Star Wars RPG. Despite the fact that I enjoy D&D and love Star Wars, I've never been sure if I'd like a Star Wars RPG, I think because while I love the Star Wars universe it's never been something that's been imprinted on me as an RPG thing (KOTOR aside). If that makes sense. Having loved Rogue One though I think playing a droid would be a lot of fun (assuming everyone wanting to be K2SO isn't a problem that is).
Last edited January 27, 2017 1:06 pm
Jan 27, 2017 3:23 pm
I'd totally run a SW game here if I had the books. Had a lot of fun with the WEG system back in the day. Maybe in the not too distant future...
Jan 27, 2017 3:35 pm
Nice! I assume we can expect to be hunted down by an orc bounty hunter?
Jan 27, 2017 9:42 pm
Looks like EotE is the version to get if you'd want to run smuggler/outlaw/bounty hunter type campaigns, yeah?
Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm
Yep. I've got all 3 books and am running a F&D campaign now wherein the players are the spearhead for a Sith culture that developed in secret, out in Wild Space, for the last 1,000 years, and are now returning to take vengeance on the galaxy about 8 years after Return of the Jedi. They could choose from any character type from any of the books, but of course naturally 4 of the 5 chose force users, the other playing a Twi'lek ex slave dancer turned political officer.

Anyway, they're playing a military type unit with a fairly free hand in how they accomplish their goals as part of the spear head for a Sith empire with plans to conquer the galaxy. Naturally it's an expanded universe type setting that deviates from the canon after RotJ, but it's good fun. Right now they're playing shadow games in the Corporate Sector, trying to persuade the powers that be to shift alliance to the Sith, while being slick about doing it. It's good fun.
Last edited January 27, 2017 11:11 pm
Jan 30, 2017 9:23 pm
Ezeriah says:
Also, don't you get +8 to hit now? (DEX for +3, Prof +3, Archery style +2). Even though that 1 you rolled is bummer. Plus you get two attacks since 5th level now.
...*you're absolutely right. *facepalm* And I just talked about that, too! Ah well, next round... (edit: or this round! thanks, Octo!)

Also: Did Leth get some fire arrows too? I mentioned wanting to get some, but needing party funds to do it, and no one responded about it so I'm unsure.

Also Also: I was hoping to play Force and Destiny instead of Edge of the Empire, actually, but the core rulebook is out of stock and selling for $150+ on amazon :(

Edit: Also Also Also: It seems I'm just really bad at remembering the stuff Leth can do, because I totally should have made some poultices while Vhezyen was casting his ritual. Is it too late to retcon that?
Quote:
You can spend 1 hour gathering herbs and preparing herbal poultices using treated bandages to create a number of such poultices equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1).
Last edited January 30, 2017 9:56 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.