Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Apr 19, 2017 8:18 am
I guess you'd have to pin them to the wall by their clothing or pull out an arrow-with-a-boxing-glove-on-the-end...
Apr 19, 2017 12:08 pm
I appreciate the opportunity and the chance to game with you guys. It's just a matter of personal preference in gaming style (I like mine less on the humorous side, more realistic and edgy). To each their own, of course.
Apr 19, 2017 4:02 pm
Sorry to see you go; hope it was fun!
Apr 19, 2017 4:38 pm
Yeah, thanks for joining us Ezeriah!
Apr 20, 2017 3:49 am
CancerMan says:
We're humorous?
Oh yeah, there's definitely an appreciation for the lighter side of the game in this group. There are some lighter moments in the gameplay that just aren't my speed and kind of break the feel and immersion of the game for me.
Last edited April 20, 2017 3:49 am
Apr 21, 2017 3:28 am
Thanks again for the game everyone. And where's a Destroy Water spell when you need one? Good luck!
Apr 21, 2017 3:44 pm
So long, Ezeriah. Thanks for playing!
May 4, 2017 7:25 pm
Looks like we will have a new player joining us, hello and welcome aboard GirlGeekWriter!
May 4, 2017 8:03 pm
Sweet! Welcome, GirlGeekWriter. I know there is a hell of a lot of backstory to dig into, so if you have questions about anything, let us know. We probably won't be able to answer them correctly, but we will try and make something plausible-sounding up. I think my character, Mordred is a pretty cool guy. Eh fails preception checks and doesnt afraid of anything.
May 4, 2017 8:38 pm
Hey awesome! Welcome, GirlGeekWriter! Looking forward to having you play with us. As rocksteady says, feel free to ask us anything, but don't be surprised we can't answer. We just had to check in with each other a few days ago about what, exactly, our group's purpose in our current location is because we'd kind of forgotten. A bit.

So, yeah. We're kinda heroes or something, I think.
May 4, 2017 9:30 pm
GGW is a good friend of mine and I'm excited to have her aboard!
I think my summary of the plot so far was "there's a magic ball that the bad guys need for mysterious reasons and we need to find out why".
Last edited May 4, 2017 9:31 pm
May 4, 2017 11:06 pm
I...yeah, that works.
May 5, 2017 12:56 pm
LOL Hi everyone. :) Thanks for the messages - took me a moment to figure out where to look!

I WAS attempting to read every single chapter but I may just have to play it IC'ly and be like WOAH WHO ARE YOU and "authentic".

My character is new and different to my usual type. I'm a bit of a roleplaying enthusiast - I used to RP in World of Warcraft a lot, and I've done Skype webcam single campaigns of Shadowrun and one custom game that I DMed (detective investigation, which the players solved immediately so I had to skewer in a serial killer... which is when I decided I was never going to DM again).

I usually love messing around with magic characters but this time am going for a more earthy, rough around the edges human who is focussed more on physical strength. So not my type, but am hoping that might play out well.

NotInventedHere helped me prep my char to the appropriate level, and I've realised spells are involved whether I like it or not. I guess you can never really get away from magic.

Looking forward to jumping in. :) You guys look like a lot of fun and hopefully I can be fun, too. :)
May 5, 2017 4:21 pm
So, I don't know how long you guys are gonna be on Vorch or where you're going afterward, so I think we need to do a little retconning to get Terra on that boat so she can meet up with you guys within a reasonable timeframe. We could say she's originally from the Bohul environs, was ranging up the west coast of Bload, and needed to get back to the Bohul area for some reason (promise to a friend, seer told her she needed to return "home," idk, whatever sounds like a good in-character reason to you GirlGeekWriter) so she booked herself passage on the Swiftness of Camazotz, which would be heading in that direction after taking you guys to Vorch. Despite staying in the hold most of the time due to her aversion to deep water, she got to talking and became friendly with some of you (I'm thinking Felor, for sure, and probably the departed Vhezyen -- they would have bonded over owl stuff). Sound good?
May 5, 2017 4:43 pm
BullOctorok says:
So, I don't know how long you guys are gonna be on Vorch or where you're going afterward, so I think we need to do a little retconning to get Terra on that boat so she can meet up with you guys within a reasonable timeframe. We could say she's originally from the Bohul environs, was ranging up the west coast of Bload, and needed to get back to the Bohul area for some reason (promise to a friend, seer told her she needed to return "home," idk, whatever sounds like a good in-character reason to you GirlGeekWriter) so she booked herself passage on the Swiftness of Camazotz, which would be heading in that direction after taking you guys to Vorch. Despite staying in the hold most of the time due to her aversion to deep water, she got to talking and became friendly with some of you (I'm thinking Felor, for sure, and probably the departed Vhezyen -- they would have bonded over owl stuff). Sound good?
Sounds good. I have been able to figure out a way to make that work. Just a few questions:

Any place I can look to quickly understand the map of this world?

I've found a list of players for this game but don't know where to read character details and/or get a sense of their appearance / traits. Are those visible to anyone else in the game?

In short I can suggest that while Terra isn't usually the type to stroll up to a person and make friends, maybe her owl companion took a liking to Felor / Vhezyen (they fed it perhaps?) and she perhaps divulged that she is going some place because "a deer told me to". Shouldn't sound unusual for someone to follow a prediction in a dream.

She appears not so anxious about the fact she literally has no idea where she is going, but she feels she's going in the right direction, and puts value and onus on how her owl responds to people. "If they're good enough for Sada, they're good enough for me...." *chokes bird*
May 5, 2017 5:46 pm
I never really described Zangua, but his character sheet is public and viewable here. The avatar I've picked for him is a rough image; he is lean with a slapdash assortment of clothing underneath a nice suit of scale mail he found in some caverns with the group. He used to wield light weapons in both hands until he got (and lost) a catchpole and started to practice with polearms, and now favors a glaive.

In addition to what I wrote in the Notes, Zangua is pretty simple, personality-wise. He has little mind for magic and has a difficult time understanding it beyond the rabbit-in-a-hat trick so much that he almost feels like he has to superstitiously ward himself each time someone does something. Zangua also hates the complicated politics of the world and thinks it only brings trouble, as is the case with their current situation.
[ +- ] How Zangua feels about the party
May 5, 2017 6:32 pm
I think if you click the Characters link on the floating footer it will let you get to the character sheets of all the players in the game (included those who have departed - current list is Felor, Zangua, Domarc, Leth, and Mordred).

The About Bload post has a map and some other info.

PBO - To clarify the retcon - Terra is waiting on the ship off shore?
Last edited May 5, 2017 6:43 pm
May 5, 2017 7:38 pm
Yes, at this point, Terra would be waiting on the ship with Cornflower & co.
May 8, 2017 11:01 am
Can we get an up to date map of the caverns?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.