Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Jul 27, 2017 10:28 pm
Lots to look at and think about. The cloak of protection or the leather armor +2 interests me at the moment, but I want to take a closer look at the list.

As for next actions - return to Hazard, or make a play for the Sphere?
Jul 27, 2017 11:24 pm
One of the Rangers should take the +2 arrows. We've already seen one lycanthrope, so that silver could come in handy.
Jul 28, 2017 9:49 am
I think we should warn Hazard somehow that there's a portal in their city the bad guys can enter through (if they haven't already).

I updated the list with the Wind Fan info - it lets you cast Gust Of Wind.
Last edited July 28, 2017 9:54 am
Jul 28, 2017 3:15 pm
GeekGirlWriter asked me to check what loot would be good for her as she's been really busy.
nubs says:
The cloak of protection or the leather armor +2 interests me at the moment, but I want to take a closer look at the list.
Terra's on AC14 and you're on AC15, if you take the cloak and Terra takes the armour that brings you both up to AC16, is that cool?
Jul 28, 2017 4:04 pm
That's cool with me. I will update my character over the weekend and be ready for Chapter 6.
Jul 31, 2017 3:25 pm
Hit points roll:

And with that, I think I'm ready for the next chapter. I may mull over the spell selection a bit more - thanks to a Bard class feature, I got access to two additional spells from any class (so I've picked up Tongues - no more dancing or drawing, guys!; Fireball - so I have some artillery; and Counterspell), but let me know if you think there's a better option out there.
Last edited July 31, 2017 3:49 pm

Rolls

Hit points - (1d8+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Jul 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Please post to let me know when your character sheet is updated and you're ready to move forward!
Jul 31, 2017 4:02 pm
Just bringing forward the equipment list

Potions
1 potion of fire breath
1 potion of fire giant strength-Zangua
2 potions of fire resistance
3 potions of healing - 2 available (Zangua)
2 potions of flying - 1 available (Zangua)

Scrolls
2 scrolls of burning hands,
1 scroll of flaming sphere,
3 scrolls of fireball,
1 scroll of wall of fire,
2 scrolls of fly
1 scroll of contact other plane

Equipment
1 ring of fire resistance, Zangua
1 ring of feather falling, Mordred
1 cloak of protection +1 Domarc
10 silver-tipped arrows +2
a suit of leather armor +2 Terra
a longsword +1
spear +1 Felor
dagger +2 Mordred
Wind Fan Domarc
Quote:

While holding this fan, you can use an action to cast the Gust of Wind spell (save DC 13) from it. Once used, the fan shouldn't be used again until the next dawn. Each time it is used again before then, it has a cumulative 20 percent chance of not working and tearing into useless, nonmagical tatters.
Up for grabs:
Mattock (hand axe) +1
Dagger +1 Domarc

Mystery Items (purposes unknown)
iron rod
red egg
an iridescent feather floating inside a small glass sphere

I'm ok with keeping the scrolls/potions as part of the party inventory, but I've played with past DMs who want to know who carries that. I'd also suggest that those silver tipped arrows go to own of our bow-people - either Leth or Terra, as I think they both took archery? I'll put my name forward for the fan, if no one else wants it; I could also probably find a use for a dagger +1.

Edit - updating as people put their names forward; if anyone wants to wrangle for an item that someone else has claimed, don't take this as the final word, I'm taking items off as claimed as a means of trying to keep discussion to the minimum of what hasn't been claimed or what two (or more) people want to claim; feel free to speak up!
Last edited July 31, 2017 5:32 pm
Jul 31, 2017 4:35 pm
If no one wants them, Zangua will have 1 potion of healing, 1 potion of flying, the potion of fire giant strength, and the ring of fire resistance. However, put him at least priority if someone else realizes they'd like them.
Jul 31, 2017 4:57 pm
Mordred is ready, and he will take the Ring of Feather Fall if no one else wants it.

He's also going to cast Burning Hands into his Ring of Spell Storing. I think there was an ability check to go with that, but I'm not sure what it was, so go ahead and add whatever modifiers you see fit, Octo.

Rolls

Cast Burning Hands into Ring (+ mystery modifiers) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Aug 2, 2017 11:51 pm
I'm shooting for new chapter up on Monday.
Aug 3, 2017 3:52 pm
Sounds good! I may tinker with my spells a bit; I'm remembering needs for private, scry-proof places to talk.
Aug 5, 2017 1:35 am
Question about favored enemy. The rulebook says:
Quote:
Choose a type of favored enemy: Aberrations, Beasts, Celestials, constructs, dragons, elementals, fey, Fiends, Giants, Monstrosities, oozes, Plants, or Undead. Alternatively, you can select two races of humanoid (such as Gnolls and orcs) as favored enemies...
...You choose one additional favored enemy, as well as an associated Language, at 6th and 14th level.
So it makes the distinction at first level that you can choose one type of favored enemy OR two races of humanoid, but I'm not sure if that also applies to later levels? If I wanted to pick a humanoid race as my level 6 favored enemy, can I only pick one, or can I pick two in lieu of one of the other enemy types, as I could at level 1?
Aug 7, 2017 6:06 pm
I'd assume the same rules apply, that two humanoid subraces always count as one "favored" category?
Aug 8, 2017 2:53 pm
~~~***Party Loot***~~~
(edited to remove claimed items)

Potions
1 potion of fire breath
2 potions of fire resistance
2 potions of healing
1 potions of flying

Scrolls
2 scrolls of burning hands,
1 scroll of flaming sphere,
3 scrolls of fireball,
1 scroll of wall of fire,
2 scrolls of fly
1 scroll of contact other plane

Equipment
10 silver-tipped arrows +2
a longsword +1

Mystery Items (purposes unknown)
iron rod
red egg
an iridescent feather floating inside a small glass sphere
Last edited August 8, 2017 2:54 pm
Aug 8, 2017 8:29 pm
OOC:
Hi guys, I'm just trying to catch up on stuff since I was pulled away; new job, new everything, really. By the way, is that red egg still up for grabs? Terra would have an interest in anything potentially animal like.
Aug 9, 2017 3:54 pm
No one has spoken for the egg yet, so it's yours! Be warned, though, I suspect it will be anything but animal like :)

And fer the love of something unholy, would one of the archers please grab those arrows! I'll also put my name forward for the potion of fire breath, since it seems like everyone's really shy about claiming stuff.
Last edited August 9, 2017 3:55 pm
Aug 9, 2017 4:43 pm
And can someone clue me in on how scrolls work in 5e? My understanding is that to use them, they have to be spells from your class list, and a Bard class feature like Additional Magical Secrets, which allows the Bard to learn two spells from any class list would make those spells count.

Is that correct? In which case, I could make use of the scrolls of fireball and I need to check my class list for the others.
Aug 9, 2017 4:43 pm
Zangua will take the iron rod. Was there enough time during the sea voyage to figure out what it does?
Aug 9, 2017 4:49 pm
nubs says:
And can someone clue me in on how scrolls work in 5e? My understanding is that to use them, they have to be spells from your class list, and a Bard class feature like Additional Magical Secrets, which allows the Bard to learn two spells from any class list would make those spells count.

Is that correct? In which case, I could make use of the scrolls of fireball and I need to check my class list for the others.
I believe that is how scrolls work.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.