Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
May 8, 2017 6:08 pm
I'll post an updated map in a little bit.
May 9, 2017 8:18 am
Just continuing this from the story thread:
GirlGeekWriter says:
Cheers! Was wondering what the 10 minutes referenced in the description (was thinking it took 10 minutes to cast...)
Spells have a Casting Time and a Duration. The Casting Time is usually "1 Action" or "1 Bonus Action" which means they are effectively instantaneous outside of combat (and in combat they take one Action or Bonus Action - which I think is something like ~5 seconds). Sometimes it will be longer than that (a few minutes or even hours).
But the Casting Time is obviously separate from the Duration which can range from instantaneous (i.e. just a one-off effect) to a day or more.
Last edited May 9, 2017 8:19 am
May 17, 2017 4:09 pm
I finally took a peek at Terra's character sheet (thanks for making it public). A few things I noticed:

1) Under "Primeval Awareness" you wrote "1 extra attack." You do have Extra Attack, but Primeval Awareness is a separate ability that I don't see described anywhere else on your sheet.

2) You appear to have 6 spells, but rangers only know 4 spells at 5th level. Is there a custom feature or ability that you're using to allow two extra spells?

3) For each spell listed, the attribute in the drop-down menu is to designate your spellcasting ability, not the saving throw or attribute it affects.

4) You get to apply your Dexterity bonus to the damage rolls of your weapons, too.

Looking forward to meeting your character!
May 17, 2017 7:45 pm
CancerMan says:
2) You appear to have 6 spells, but rangers only know 4 spells at 5th level. Is there a custom feature or ability that you're using to allow two extra spells?
IIRC, the confusion here is that she has 6 spell slots (4 x 1st level, 2 x 2nd level), and knows 4 spells.

GGW: To save you retyping a bunch of the stuff you can copy a lot of the Ranger ability info from here.
Last edited May 18, 2017 10:43 am
May 19, 2017 6:18 pm
notinventedhere says:
CancerMan says:
IIRC, the confusion here is that she has 6 spell slots (4 x 1st level, 2 x 2nd level), and knows 4 spells.

GGW: To save you retyping a bunch of the stuff you can copy a lot of the Ranger ability info from here.
Yeah I remember hassling you about this as I was getting confused. Birdbrain is contagious. Correcting.
May 19, 2017 6:32 pm
Isn't WotC moving towards the use of the Revised Ranger? Or is that still in testing?
Jun 21, 2017 4:28 am
thedandyman sent a note to nubs
thedandyman sent a note to nubs,GirlGeekWriter
Last edited June 21, 2017 4:29 am
Jun 21, 2017 3:38 pm
nubs sent a note to thedandyman
Jun 21, 2017 5:04 pm
GirlGeekWriter sent a note to thedandyman,nubs
Jul 5, 2017 5:00 pm
Zangua's probably the least concerned about Pathfinel's death and the escape of the jinn. In his eyes, their agreement was to keep the elf alive while we questioned him, hence his insistence that the party just keep asking questions. Unfortunately, he was not aware of everyone trying to warn Pathfinel save at the very end when someone switched to Common, but even if he caught on early he was not going to interfere.
Jul 7, 2017 2:55 pm
Hey everyone: I'm on holidays in a couple-three hours time; I'm off to a place that won't have regular internet access, though I should be able to check in once a day to see what's up.
Jul 19, 2017 3:31 pm
I'm going to be on holiday Thursday-Tuesday but should have internet access where I'm going so hopefully I'll be able check in here regularly.
Jul 24, 2017 6:37 pm
Hoo boy. Sorry for the inactivity, ya'll. Work has been crazy. This is the last week of my second/summer job, though, so I should have some more time in the near future. I will, however, be going out of town for a much-needed vacation next week starting this friday, and ending in a little over two weeks on August 14. I won't have any computer access. I may be able to check in via my phone every now and then, but I don't know how active I will be. After I get back I promise to do my best to stay on top of things here!
Last edited July 24, 2017 6:42 pm
Jul 26, 2017 11:50 am
I'm back! I go on holiday again the same day thedandyman gets back though so... August's going to be slow I think!
Jul 26, 2017 9:29 pm
Cornflower is going to stop in Malch before sailing back up toward Utwar, so the party will have a chance to buy/sell items, level up, distribute loot, etc. Presumably the party will want to take the return trip so they can return to Hazard to report what they learned from Pafthinel, but of course, if you all decide to go off the rails, that's always allowed! Please post here when you've leveled up and are ready to start chapter six.
Jul 26, 2017 10:35 pm
Rolling for HP.

Rolls

HP - (1d10+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Jul 27, 2017 8:59 am
Level up! Whoop Whoop!

Rolls

HP roll - (1d8+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Jul 27, 2017 12:00 pm
Loot summary from the island wrap-up:
Potions
1 potion of fire breath
1 potion of fire giant strength
2 potions of fire resistance
3 potions of healing
2 potions of flying

Scrolls
2 scrolls of burning hands,
1 scroll of flaming sphere,
3 scrolls of fireball,
1 scroll of wall of fire,
2 scrolls of fly
1 scroll of contact other plane

Equipment
1 ring of fire resistance,
1 ring of feather falling,
1 cloak of protection +1 Domarc
10 silver-tipped arrows +2
a suit of leather armor +2 Terra
a longsword +1
spear +1 Felor
dagger +2 Mordred
Wind Fan
Quote:
While holding this fan, you can use an action to cast the Gust of Wind spell (save DC 13) from it. Once used, the fan shouldn't be used again until the next dawn. Each time it is used again before then, it has a cumulative 20 percent chance of not working and tearing into useless, nonmagical tatters.
Up for grabs:
Mattock (hand axe) +1
Dagger +1

Mystery Items (purposes unknown)
iron rod
red egg
an iridescent feather floating inside a small glass sphere

Anyone want to lay claim to specific equipment? We can probably just keep the scrolls and potions in the party inventory for now I think.
For starters I'd like the spear +1. Happy to let someone take the mattock +1 (counts as hand axe) off me if they want it.
Last edited July 28, 2017 4:15 pm
Jul 27, 2017 12:42 pm
That dagger has Sneak Attack written all over it. I will give up my +1 dagger if anyone else wants it.
Jul 27, 2017 4:06 pm
Zangua already has Scale Mail +1 and a Ring of Protection +1. I can wait on the items while the rest of you pick through them.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.