Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Jan 20, 2017 6:47 am
Hunter busies herself with camp, smoothing out sleeping and sitting areas with Mold Earth, and setting gathered wood ablaze with Prestidigitation. She has always done this, but with close proximity to a fabled city comes a bit more attention to detail.
Jan 20, 2017 5:10 pm
"Gonna take a look about, just to be safe."

Elfog will take a quick walk around the perimeter of the camp to check for anything that may be problematic through the long evening.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Jan 22, 2017 7:40 am
"I have never been to Silverymoon and don't know what to expect. Will they be welcoming of strangers such as ourselves?"
Jan 22, 2017 8:42 am
The area around the campsite appears to be safe.

Anyone who's ever really heard of Silverymoon will tell you that they are famed for their tolerance of all people regardless of race.
Jan 22, 2017 5:31 pm
"It will be a new experience for me, as well," says Hunter. "I am hopeful that the stories are true."
OOC:
Hunter will take first watch, or second if someone else wants a go.
Jan 23, 2017 2:46 pm
Sarith nods, "And myself as well. I can only imagine the stories that you surfacefolk have about my people... and I assure you that most of them are probably nowhere near the awful truth."
Jan 23, 2017 4:15 pm
"You mean it's worse than what we experienced in Velkynvelve?" asks Hunter.
Jan 23, 2017 4:31 pm
CancerMan says:
"You mean it's worse than what we experienced in Velkynvelve?" asks Hunter.
"You were meant to be sold as slaves, or as entertainment. They wouldn't have wanted to do too much damage to their merchandise, obviously," Sarith says, as if it should be obvious.
Jan 23, 2017 4:59 pm
Hunter shudders, perhaps now fully aware of the possibilities. Their seemingly 'fortunate' stay with their captors lends much to the imagination.
Jan 24, 2017 12:02 am
"Merchandise?" Elfog sputters under his breath. If being a Drow won't get him killed, that attitude just might!

"Silverymoon may be pretty accepting of all kinds, but it still probably best ya stick close to us, Drow."
Last edited January 24, 2017 12:02 am
Jan 25, 2017 2:04 pm
The night passes uneventfully; none are foolish or desperate enough to attack people this close to the city. The dawn comes early, lighting the sky with brilliant shades of orange, pink, and red. Sarith pulls his hood up around his face, to protect himself from the glare.

As Mai'ngor checks over his gear in the morning, he is stunned to find that the magical drowcraft sword he took from inside the ooze crumbles to dust as he unsheathes it.

Sarith takes a steadying breath, staring anxiously at the gates of the city before you, "Ready?"
Jan 25, 2017 2:53 pm
Mai'ngor nods. "Ready."

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Naatkinson
Jan 25, 2017 2:59 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Jan 25, 2017 3:18 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Naatkinson
Jan 25, 2017 4:46 pm
"Let's go," says Hunter. She approaches the gate.
Jan 25, 2017 11:00 pm
Looking down at his ever growing pet Elfog motions towards the gate with his chin, "Come on, Beard. Let's see if some in this place knows what ye are."

He'll follow the others to the gate, with Beard trailing along.
Jan 26, 2017 3:55 pm
You move together to approach the gate, which is currently open, with guards manning the walls above and a few down below standing at attention. Upon seeing your unusual companions (Mai'ngor and Sarith), they step forward, "State your name and business."
Jan 26, 2017 4:06 pm
Hunter meets the guards, stepping forward herself, and gives a curtsey. "Hunter Galfyne," answers the sorcerer. "We bring news of trouble occurring beneath our feet, and wish an audience with those in authority." She speaks with conviction and the belief that their cause is worthy of meeting the rulers of Silverymoon, even as she tries to recall just who that might be.

Rolls

History - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Jan 26, 2017 4:42 pm
The current leader of Silverymoon is High Marshal Methrammar Aerasume, son of the Lady Alustriel, chosen of Mystra.
Jan 26, 2017 4:45 pm
"The High Marshal, or his steward," Hunter adds, attempting to specify who in authority she wishes to speak with.
load next

Thread locked