Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

Dec 14, 2016 10:18 pm
The gnomes do indeed throw a farewell party for your small group who has done so much for them. The drink flows and the food and company are wonderful, even Sarith joins in, though he stays a bit reserved, obviously uncomfortable in the group setting.

The following morning, you are informed that a small group of five gnomes, including Flarg, would guide you to Neverlight Grove and then to the surface before returning home. You are given time to gather your things and set off quickly, anxious to be back home on the surface. The travel is slow and steady, and you are undisturbed by the denizens of the underdark; not many would want to tangle with such a large group.

It takes 22 days before you make it to the grove, with Stool becoming more and more excited as the time goes on. You finally enter through a long, narrow tunnel, guided by the skilled gnomes and their maps. The cavern you enter is unlike anything you've seen before and almost certainly takes your breath away.

You enter above the main floor, with a small path heading south into the grove. Mushrooms of all shapes and sizes cover the floor, walls, and ceiling, giving off light of every color. Those of you who are familiar with surface forests can see similarities, but it's almost like you've entered another world.

Water drips from the ceiling occasionally, as well as trickles down the walls, leading to several smaller pools of water on the cavern floor. Across the way, the semi-open cavern narrows into a narrow ravine, in which you can see the largest mushroom you've ever imagined, though the mists caused by the abundance of water prevents you from seeing too many details about it.

Stool veritably launches forward, toward a nearby mound of rocks and soil covered in mushrooms. He moves around it as if expecting to find something, and it doesn't take long before you realize that one of the mushrooms is an adult myconid, which uncurls from its rest as Stool approaches, sending a steam of spores at the sprout. They spend several moments in apparent 'conversation' before the larger myconid makes his way over to you. He stops at a respectable distance and looks at you questioningly. You can only assume that he's asking permission to establish a connection to speak with you.
OOC:
You may advance to level 7!
Dec 14, 2016 10:24 pm
Hunter steps forward, giving a curtsy and bowing her head in supplication to the adult myconid. She allows herself to breathe in the spores.
Dec 15, 2016 10:55 pm
Having no desire to get involved in any type of conversation Elfog will remain roughly ten feet behind Hunter and watch the proceedings while keeping an eye open for any type of trouble.

"You too, Beard" he whispers the pet lizard sitting on his shoulder "give me a twitch if you see something."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Dec 16, 2016 4:34 pm
OOC:
Anyone else want to open up to the myconid's spores?
Dec 16, 2016 11:18 pm
Mai'ngor bows respectfully to the myconid but keeps his distance, arms crossed, not ketting his guard down.
Dec 19, 2016 7:47 pm
The large myconid doesn't look bothered that so few have agreed to receive its spores, though it's hard to tell from their expressionless faces. It sends out spores to Stool and Hunter, establishing a telepathic connection with them.

Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
The rest of you who didn't receive the spores have almost no choice but to wait patiently for the exchange to finish.
Dec 19, 2016 7:55 pm
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Dec 20, 2016 5:07 pm
Dec 20, 2016 5:19 pm
While the others are busy passing spores, Elfog finds a place on the ground and has a seat. "Go find yerself a meal, Beard" he says as he carefully grabs his pet and places it on the ground. "Just don't get yerself too far in case we need to move."

In the Underdark, talking to a lizard.
Dec 20, 2016 5:39 pm
Hunter curtsies to the large myconid, then turns to the party. Realizing that none but her took in the spores, she says, "This is Loobamub, leader of the Circle of Hunters. It thanks us for returning Stool and says we may stay as long as we like. Of course, it also understands that we are in a hurry to return to the surface."
Dec 20, 2016 5:56 pm
Beard moves away, looking for food, but stays within sight of his new friend.
Dec 20, 2016 7:00 pm
I attempt to touch the strange spores.
Dec 21, 2016 12:32 am
Mai'ngor nods. Please thank them for their offer of hospitality. But I, for one, am anxious to get moving. but then the tikbalang has a thought, This...their manner of communication...these spores...does it enable them to communicate over great distances? We have seen the glowing fungi almost everywhere we've gone. Do the myconids speak with them?
Dec 21, 2016 12:45 am
"Um," begins Hunter, uncertain. "I don't know. I know that Stool and I have never tried 'speaking' while apart, but I confess I never thought to try."

She turns to Loobamub and relays the question, including the description of the glowing fungi.
Dec 21, 2016 8:41 pm
Dec 21, 2016 8:50 pm
Hunter nods, and turns to Mai'ngor. "Perhaps a few hundred yards of distance. As for the glowing fungi, they're just normal plants, called nightlights."
Dec 21, 2016 8:55 pm
Dec 22, 2016 3:10 am
Hunter bows almost reverently to Loobamub, then turns to the party and states simply, "I know the way out."
Dec 22, 2016 4:27 am
With his question about the myconids' mode of communication Mai'ngor hoped they might have some knowledge of what became of his loyal squire, the halfling Brynn. But apparently the myconid network isn't as extensive as the tikbalang imagined. Perhaps Brynn escaped the drow before Velkynvelve. Who knows. Mai'ngor bows low to Loobamub and nods to Hunter that he is ready to move.
Dec 22, 2016 6:18 am
"Um, does anyone have any questions for Sir Loobamub?" Hunter finally thinks to ask.
Dec 22, 2016 5:33 pm
"Not me" Elfog says as he watches Beard climb back to its rightful place on his right right shoulder. "As long as you know the way out, I say it's time we get moving!"
Dec 23, 2016 7:50 pm
The myconid bids you farewell, as does Stool, who is obviously quite sad to see Hunter go. With Hunter's guidance, you are led to the surface, coming out about 50 miles north of Silverymoon.
OOC:
You are now free of the Underdark! What would each of you like to do now?
Dec 23, 2016 8:02 pm
Hunter takes in a deep breath, stretching out her arms as a physical representation of freedom.
OOC:
I'm up for visiting Silverymoon. What time is it?
Dec 23, 2016 8:10 pm
OOC:
I decided that this moment deserves a description
You travel for days through tightly winding tunnels, and several times you fear yourselves lost, and may have fallen into despair if not for Hunter's assurance that you're moving in the right direction. Near the end of one day's march, you suddenly feel a cool breeze move toward you from somewhere further up the tunnel.

Breaking into a run, eager to leave the oppressive confines of the underdark, you come around a corner and suddenly find yourself outside. You've been underground so long that even the stars in the sky appear to be bright lights and you see that the moon is full in the sky as if welcoming you back to the world in which you belong. The stars stretch brightly across the sky, sparkling like diamonds. You made it, in spite of everything you've been through, you're still alive and you're finally home.

Mai'ngor feels a sudden call from Sinag, and as he draws her from his belt, she flares with sudden light, stinging your eyes. You can all feel joy radiating from her after centuries of being trapped in the dark.
Dec 23, 2016 8:27 pm
Hunter cannot help but laugh, joyfully.
Dec 23, 2016 9:55 pm
Elfog takes a deep breath, filling his lungs with fresh air, before exhaling slowly. He stares up at the stars, "Wasn't sure I'd ever see 'em again!" he says with a laugh.

He turns his head to his pet and asks, "How ya holding up there, Beard?"
Dec 23, 2016 9:59 pm
Beard sits contentedly on Elfog's shoulder, staring at the stars in curiosity. When Elfog speaks to him, he nuzzles himself into the dwarf's beard a bit, unused to the chill breeze of a spring night.
Dec 24, 2016 12:25 am
Mai'ngor stands wordlessly, gaze trained upwards at the stars, drinking in the fresh air like sweet wine, until Sinag calls to him and he delights in her exultation.
Dec 25, 2016 7:18 am
Rejoining the group amidst her reverie, Hunter looks around. "I do think we should make camp, but perhaps not right here. I'm feeling rather energetic now that I have the sky above me. Shall we have a look around?"
OOC:
Did Sarith join us?
Dec 25, 2016 10:03 am
Mai'ngor nods and starts looking for a good place to camp.

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Dec 25, 2016 6:17 pm
"I can't remember the last time I saw the sky. I must have been a child." I stare at it for far too long.
Last edited December 25, 2016 6:17 pm
Dec 26, 2016 6:06 pm
You hear a thud and look over to see that Sarith has fallen to his knees, staring at the open sky. He mutely shakes his head back and forth, then looks around at you in confusion, "How in the world do you stand it up here? It's so... open..."

Looking around, Mai'ngor has little trouble finding a nice spot to camp, not too far away from the cave entrance.
Dec 26, 2016 8:15 pm
Hunter approaches Sarith and offers her hand to lift him up. "It gives us room to grow."
Dec 26, 2016 8:32 pm
With a small smile, Sarith takes Hunter's hand, "Perhaps you're right. Maybe the tunnels are too restricting," he says thoughtfully.

Dec 26, 2016 11:05 pm
Elfog, walking over to join Mai'ngor, offers to take up the first watch while some of the others rest. "Not sure I'd be able to sleep anyhow!" he says, obviously thrilled to be out of the Underdark.
Dec 27, 2016 3:37 am
Before turning in for the evening, Hunter's mood settles. She says, "As much as I am thrilled to finally be above-ground, I am still bothered by the presence of the demonic. I don't think such fiends will be satisfied with just the Underdark, and if we're able to find our way to the surface, surely they can, too.

"I think we have to tell someone. Silverymoon is nearby, perhaps we can find an audience with those in charge and speak to them?"
Dec 27, 2016 3:58 am
"And tell them that demons might be coming? Who will believe us?" After a moment I say "Is it always this warm up here?"
Dec 27, 2016 5:23 pm
Hunter shrugs. "I don't know if they'll believe us or not, but we ought to try. Better to be spoken and disbelieved than to say nothing at all."
Dec 28, 2016 6:44 pm
"Oh alright. Seems only fair I guess."
Dec 28, 2016 8:34 pm
"Agreed. Shall we go at first light? Oh how glorious it will be to see the dawn once more!"
Jan 3, 2017 3:47 pm
OOC:
Are you going to keep watch, or go to sleep without one now that you're back on the surface?
Jan 3, 2017 3:49 pm
OOC:
Watch or not, Mai'ngor will want to stargaze and so will be up til late anyway(basically for the first watch or two.
Last edited January 4, 2017 5:02 pm
Jan 3, 2017 4:18 pm
OOC:
Yes, let's set a watch. Hunter will take second or third shift.
Jan 3, 2017 11:51 pm
OOC:
Elfog will take first watch.
Jan 4, 2017 4:57 pm
I find a nice, cold dark corner to curl up in and am out for the night.
Jan 4, 2017 10:00 pm
The night passes quietly (at least as quiet as it ever is on the surface!) and you are not disturbed. The dawn arrives bright and early the following morning.
Jan 4, 2017 10:36 pm
Hunter finishes her morning preparations, using minor arcane magic to clean herself up. She takes special care to tie and arrange her hair, at the very least for a presentable image.
Jan 5, 2017 12:27 am
Mai'ngor basks in the glorious beauty that is dawn, murmuring a prayer of gratitude to the gods of his people.
Jan 5, 2017 2:59 am
Waiting for Beard to come back from his morning hunt Elfog sits crosslegged on the ground cleaning Tolvihar.

"Now what?" he asks the others. "Where we headin'?"
Jan 5, 2017 3:18 am
"While probably not what you meant, may I suggest a tavern of some sort? See some life and activity not of the Underdark and the cursed drow?"
Jan 5, 2017 3:55 am
"Silverymoon is near, but I know not what lies between here and there," says Hunter. "I was so eager to reach the surface, I admit I didn't think of getting a map, nor how to navigate overland. Perhaps we just need to head south and find a road."
Jan 5, 2017 4:22 am
Mai'ngor eyes Sarith, curious how the "cursed drow" is enjoying the first dawn of his life.
Jan 5, 2017 12:12 pm
Soliin notices Mai'ngor's pointed look and shrugs with a look of embarrassment on his face at Sarith. "Some drow are less cursed than others..."
Jan 5, 2017 3:35 pm
Sarith stands against the glare, arm up in front of his face to shield it from the light and a grimace on his face, "How can you stand to do this every day?" he asks, pain evident in his voice.
Jan 5, 2017 4:47 pm
"Your local hero must have endured the same," says Hunter. "Perhaps you are following in his footsteps as we speak!

And speaking of steps, let's head out and find Soliin a tavern."
Jan 6, 2017 12:24 am
Chuckling Elfog looks towards Sarith, "Don't worry, Drow, it's only like this half the time!"

With his scaly friend perched on his shoulder the weary dwarf springs to his feet and walks over to Sarith, his mood quickly changing tone. "Don't go wandering about up here. Plenty of folks likely to kill a drow without so much a thought. Stay close!"
Last edited January 6, 2017 12:24 am
Jan 9, 2017 7:37 pm
Hunter heads in a southerly direction, hoping to find a trail or road to follow. If possible, she tries to remain in the middle or near the rear of the group's marching order.
Jan 10, 2017 3:16 am
Sarith nods grimly at Elfog's warning, "I will stay nearby. Hopefully those around here will give me the chance to prove that I'm not quite like my kin before they put a sword in me."

Elfog has noticed, over the past month of travel, that Beard has grown quite a bit. He is nearly double the size that he was a mere month ago and barely fits on the stout dwarf's shoulder.

You travel for several miles south, seeing not much but the occasional bush here and there. A distance to the east, you can see mountains which Elfog knows well. Just over the mountains (or through a hilly road nearby) is Citadel Felbarr, powerful dwarven stronghold.

From behind you, you begin to hear a low rumbling sound, far enough through the slightly hilly terrain that you can't see what may be making it.
OOC:
You can always roll investigation if you'd like to try to figure out what would make that noise.

What do you want to do?
Jan 10, 2017 3:30 am
Hunter doesn't notice at first, acclimating herself to surface travel after spending so long underground. However, after a second or two of double-checking that she is not imagining things, she strains her ears to listen and heavily considers possible sources.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Jan 10, 2017 3:58 am
It only take Hunter a few moments to realize why the sounds seem so familiar. It is the sound of booted feet moving across the ground in unison. Some sort of group, not terribly large, but not small either, is moving in your direction, and quickly at that.
Jan 10, 2017 4:34 am
Hunter purses her lips. "Perhaps it is best if we move to the side," she says, warning the group of her realization. "It may be a dance troupe practicing, but I suspect it is a military unit.

And Sarith may be well disposed to remain out of the sight, at least until we can suss out their intentions."
Jan 10, 2017 5:05 am
Agreed. Mai’ngor steps aside with the others.
Last edited January 10, 2017 6:09 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Jan 10, 2017 5:51 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Agreed. Mai’ngor moves off the road and into the treeline.
OOC:
You're not yet on a road, and there's really no trees to speak of. There are the occasional bushes though. You may be able to find a couple big enough to half-decently hide behind.
Sarith takes Hunter's advice and moves quickly to hide himself among some nearby bushes, almost instantly disappearing from sight.
Jan 10, 2017 6:04 am
Hunter is primarily interested in moving away from the obvious path, and less about hiding herself.
Jan 10, 2017 6:09 am
OOC:
edited my previous.
Jan 11, 2017 2:37 am
Not interested in hiding now that he's finally made it out of the Underdark and in familiar territory Elfog will continue to move forward a bit to see what's approaching.

"Let's see what's out there, Beard!"
Last edited January 11, 2017 2:37 am
Jan 11, 2017 3:00 am
I try to find some sort of rocks to hide behind, or some dip in the dirt that will help mask my presence. I have no idea what to expect.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20-1)

(9) - 1 = 8

Jan 11, 2017 3:27 am
While everyone else attempts to move out of the way, Elfog moves forward to see what's approaching. What he sees is probably not what he expected: somewhere around 50 orcs, all in uniform, are moving in your direction. Even from this distance, you can see the crest of the kingdom of Many-Arrows on the banner that one of them carries. It does not appear that they've seen you yet.
OOC:
For those not aware, Many-Arrows is the kingdom named after the orc king Obould Many-Arrows. They have a tenuous peace with the folk of the Silver Marches, due to a treaty signed into effect by Bruenor Battlehammer, king of Mithral Hall, around 100 years ago
Jan 11, 2017 3:58 am
Elfog slowly moves back towards the others and says in a hushed tone. "Orcs. Lot's of 'em!"

He crouches down on one knee and adds, "From that flag their carrying I don't think they would mean us harm, but might be best not to test that."
Jan 11, 2017 6:47 am
Mai'ngor, who moved off the road but remained standing in plain sight, crouches beside the dwarf. "How many? What makes you think they won't attack us?"
Jan 11, 2017 6:50 am
Hunter mentally curses her lack of suspicion, simply because they're above-ground. "Let us hide. Should we hide? Maybe we should hide." She looks at some of the larger bushes to the side of the presumed path taken by the orcs, and with a "push" of her hand digs a 5-foot hole behind one of them. "Someone get in there!" says Hunter, reasoning that one or two people can try to conceal themselves better with enough cover. She looks to repeat the same process at another shrub.
Jan 11, 2017 10:29 pm
"They are flyin' the banner of Many-Arrows. Not exactly a peaceful bunch, but they've got an agreement with the locals" Elfog responds before getting back to his feet.

"You lot should keep out of sight till them pig-noses pass. I'll walk out a ways and draw attention away if needed. They can't tell an Oakshoulder from a Battlehammer!" he says with a smile.
OOC:
I hope I haven't assumed too much knowledge here. I figured Elfog would be up on all of this and would definitely know who Bruenor is.
Last edited January 11, 2017 10:47 pm
Jan 11, 2017 10:33 pm
"Should I stand with you?" asks Hunter. "I understand Orc, in case it matters."
Jan 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Elfog stops and looks back at Hunter and looks her up and down for a few seconds before responding.

"Might need the support and ya don't look out of place here. Let's go."
Jan 11, 2017 10:53 pm
Before she joins Elfog, Hunter digs another pit behind a shrub with Move Earth.
Jan 12, 2017 11:44 pm
Elfog and Hunter move forward on the same path the orcs are coming from. When you come into view, the orc leader holds up a hand and calls for a halt. He looks at you warily, and then looks around as if trying to see your hidden allies.

"Who are you? What you do out here?" he calls out to you in stilted common.
Jan 13, 2017 12:14 am
"Easy, Friend" Elfog responds, obviously struggling a bit referring to the pig-nose as a friend.

"We're merely traveling, meaning no one any harm."
Jan 13, 2017 12:51 am
Hunter curtsies, respectful of the orc's station, but mostly for their weapons and sheer number.
Jan 13, 2017 4:33 pm
You see some of the orcs tighten grips on their weapons and smile hungrily, but the leader doesn't change his appearance at all, "Where you come from? No one come this way but us."
Jan 13, 2017 5:05 pm
"We came from Mithral Hall, on our way to Silverymoon," says Hunter, half-lying as she has no idea where they are in relation to either place. She summons as much sweetness as she can in her smile. "Our diplomatic party was attacked by trolls and forced to flee, and now we are attempting to return to our path."

As she speaks, Hunter tries to remember the cultural customs of orcs from her studies.

Rolls

Deception - (1d20+6)

(17) + 6 = 23

History? - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Jan 13, 2017 6:59 pm
Mai'ngor hands tighten their grips on his weapons as he listens to the conversation from his hiding place in one of Hunter's dugouts. It galls him to have to hide, but he's no dool. They'd never survive against such overwhelming numbers.
Jan 13, 2017 9:05 pm
Nearly believe that one meself Elfog thinks, happy that the quick thinking Hunter is there for support.
Jan 13, 2017 9:44 pm
The orc grunts and nods in response to your explanation, "Silverymoon that way," he says, pointing south.

Hunter basically knows all there is to know of orcish culture, the sum of which is, "King leads until someone stronger comes around, then he becomes king." They also dedicate their lives to Gruumsh One-Eye, the orcish god of war.
OOC:
Good rolls and a good explanation. That could have turned into a battle very easily!
Jan 13, 2017 10:23 pm
Hunter curtsies again. "Your assistance is most exemplary," she says, stepping aside to allow the orcs to pass.
Jan 13, 2017 11:28 pm
Quickly following Hunter's lead Elfog steps aside as well, standing just to her left.
Last edited January 13, 2017 11:29 pm
Jan 14, 2017 3:59 am
The leader continues on his way, not sparing you another glance. The rest of the orcs are a different story, as a few of them growl and a couple even go so far as to spit at you. Within a few minutes, they are moving out of sight.
Jan 14, 2017 6:07 am
Hunter waits a few more seconds, then quickly shakes her hands like drying them of water, casting copious amounts of Prestidigitation to clean the perceived spittle from her clothes and person. "I feel like I have to pee."
Jan 14, 2017 8:54 pm
Not sure how to respond Elfog says "You've earned it."

"Once you're ready we'll head back to the others."
Jan 14, 2017 9:49 pm
"I'll be fine," says Hunter. "Let's hurry back. At least we know which way to go."
Jan 17, 2017 4:31 pm
"Everything good?" I come out from my hiding spot.
Jan 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Hunter nods, a bit too quickly. "Yes. Sure! Let's get going." It will take a while for her nerves to settle.
Jan 17, 2017 5:44 pm
"I'm ready. No more surprises, I hope."
Jan 17, 2017 10:30 pm
"Hunter tricked 'em good!"
Jan 18, 2017 3:44 am
Your travel over the next couple of days is blissfully uneventful, with only a single instance of a slight drizzle to dull the bright light of the sun. Near the end of the second day, you come to a large road, leading east to Sundabar, and south to Silverymoon (according to the worldly Elfog). In the distance now, you can see the lights of a large city; presumably Silverymoon. You estimate that you could probably reach it by nightfall if you hurried, though it would be quite late by the time you got there.
Jan 18, 2017 7:02 am
"As much as it excites me to reach the city," Hunter begins, "I'm not certain what our reception would be. I would imagine Silverymoon does not welcome many travelers by night. Perhaps we can camp near enough so they know we mean no subterfuge?"
Jan 18, 2017 11:36 pm
"Aye, sounds reasonable and it'll give Beard here a chance to stretch his legs... and tail."

Elfog drops to one knee to let Beard leap down from his shoulder. "Getting big, he is. Maybe someone at Silverymoon can tell me exactly what he is."
Jan 19, 2017 6:35 pm
Hunter nods, and proceeds towards Silverymoon, keeping an eye out for a suitable campsite.
Jan 19, 2017 7:42 pm
It doesn't take long before you get close to the city and are able to find a suitable campsite just off the road.
Jan 20, 2017 6:47 am
Hunter busies herself with camp, smoothing out sleeping and sitting areas with Mold Earth, and setting gathered wood ablaze with Prestidigitation. She has always done this, but with close proximity to a fabled city comes a bit more attention to detail.
Jan 20, 2017 5:10 pm
"Gonna take a look about, just to be safe."

Elfog will take a quick walk around the perimeter of the camp to check for anything that may be problematic through the long evening.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Jan 22, 2017 7:40 am
"I have never been to Silverymoon and don't know what to expect. Will they be welcoming of strangers such as ourselves?"
Jan 22, 2017 8:42 am
The area around the campsite appears to be safe.

Anyone who's ever really heard of Silverymoon will tell you that they are famed for their tolerance of all people regardless of race.
Jan 22, 2017 5:31 pm
"It will be a new experience for me, as well," says Hunter. "I am hopeful that the stories are true."
OOC:
Hunter will take first watch, or second if someone else wants a go.
Jan 23, 2017 2:46 pm
Sarith nods, "And myself as well. I can only imagine the stories that you surfacefolk have about my people... and I assure you that most of them are probably nowhere near the awful truth."
Jan 23, 2017 4:15 pm
"You mean it's worse than what we experienced in Velkynvelve?" asks Hunter.
Jan 23, 2017 4:31 pm
CancerMan says:
"You mean it's worse than what we experienced in Velkynvelve?" asks Hunter.
"You were meant to be sold as slaves, or as entertainment. They wouldn't have wanted to do too much damage to their merchandise, obviously," Sarith says, as if it should be obvious.
Jan 23, 2017 4:59 pm
Hunter shudders, perhaps now fully aware of the possibilities. Their seemingly 'fortunate' stay with their captors lends much to the imagination.
Jan 24, 2017 12:02 am
"Merchandise?" Elfog sputters under his breath. If being a Drow won't get him killed, that attitude just might!

"Silverymoon may be pretty accepting of all kinds, but it still probably best ya stick close to us, Drow."
Last edited January 24, 2017 12:02 am
Jan 25, 2017 2:04 pm
The night passes uneventfully; none are foolish or desperate enough to attack people this close to the city. The dawn comes early, lighting the sky with brilliant shades of orange, pink, and red. Sarith pulls his hood up around his face, to protect himself from the glare.

As Mai'ngor checks over his gear in the morning, he is stunned to find that the magical drowcraft sword he took from inside the ooze crumbles to dust as he unsheathes it.

Sarith takes a steadying breath, staring anxiously at the gates of the city before you, "Ready?"
Jan 25, 2017 2:53 pm
Mai'ngor nods. "Ready."

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Naatkinson
Jan 25, 2017 2:59 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Jan 25, 2017 3:18 pm
Jan 25, 2017 4:46 pm
"Let's go," says Hunter. She approaches the gate.
Jan 25, 2017 11:00 pm
Looking down at his ever growing pet Elfog motions towards the gate with his chin, "Come on, Beard. Let's see if some in this place knows what ye are."

He'll follow the others to the gate, with Beard trailing along.
Jan 26, 2017 3:55 pm
You move together to approach the gate, which is currently open, with guards manning the walls above and a few down below standing at attention. Upon seeing your unusual companions (Mai'ngor and Sarith), they step forward, "State your name and business."
Jan 26, 2017 4:06 pm
Hunter meets the guards, stepping forward herself, and gives a curtsey. "Hunter Galfyne," answers the sorcerer. "We bring news of trouble occurring beneath our feet, and wish an audience with those in authority." She speaks with conviction and the belief that their cause is worthy of meeting the rulers of Silverymoon, even as she tries to recall just who that might be.

Rolls

History - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Jan 26, 2017 4:42 pm
The current leader of Silverymoon is High Marshal Methrammar Aerasume, son of the Lady Alustriel, chosen of Mystra.
Jan 26, 2017 4:45 pm
"The High Marshal, or his steward," Hunter adds, attempting to specify who in authority she wishes to speak with.
Jan 26, 2017 5:58 pm
"Well, you're welcome in our city, but I can't guarantee an audience with any of them without more to go on than 'trouble down below', I'm sure you understand that?"
Jan 26, 2017 6:11 pm
"Certainly, that is quite understandable," Hunter nods. "The trouble is daemonic in nature; to whom should we be directed in order to warn Silverymoon?"
Jan 26, 2017 6:45 pm
"Why don't you head to the Silver Flagon, just up the main street there. I'll have someone deliver your warning to Magister Danforth and see what course he wants to pursue," The guard says, "If he wishes to speak to you further, he will send word to the inn to schedule a meeting. In the meantime, feel free to explore the city at your leisure."
Jan 26, 2017 6:55 pm
Hunter curtsies again. "I am very much obliged," she says, and proceeds into the city.
Jan 26, 2017 8:47 pm
Mai'ngor gives the guards a respectful nod and follows Hunter.
Jan 27, 2017 1:22 am
Kneeling down on one knee, Elfog allows his pet to crawl up onto his shoulder. "Whatcha been eating?" he asks quietly, noticing the heft and size of his scaly companion.

He looks over at one of the guards, "Got any lizard experts around here? Wanna find out what exactly my friend here is."
Jan 30, 2017 4:45 pm
"Suppose someone at the Vault of Sages would probably be able to help you out with that," the guard says, giving basic instructions on how to get there.

As you enter the city, you are struck by how beautiful the place is. The streets are clean and devoid of the homeless, unlike many other large cities that you've seen. Towering spires dot the city, mostly white, but some of other colors. Many of them are outlined in magical lights. You see people of all kinds on the streets, ranging from humans to dwarves all the way to the occasional orc or goblin. It isn't long before you see the inn that the guard pointed out, made obvious by the well-kept sign with a picture of a silver flagon hanging over the door.
Jan 30, 2017 4:55 pm
Hunter's eyes take in everything that can be seen of this city. However, her childhood instincts kick in and she mentally plots the layout of the streets and buildings, assessing the flow of traffic, areas of congestion, and facilities that may or may not experience an increase in activity.

As she approaches the inn, Hunter pauses a moment to visually inspect the exterior of the building. It's a habit for her whenever she's in an urban environment to try and determine how many floors a building has, what type of access is provides, and its proximity to neighboring structures.

Hunter then walks into the Silver Flagon.
Jan 30, 2017 4:59 pm
Mai'ngor stares in wonder at the beautiful sights of the city. He tenses up a little when he spots the orcs and the goblins but mindful that he is a stranger here unaccustomed of the city's laws or culture, he decides not to start any trouble. At the door to the Silver Flagon he hesitates for only a moment before following Hunter inside.
Jan 30, 2017 5:00 pm
"Are... are all surface cities like this?" I blink at the explosions of colors and blinding whites. Some are rock types I've seen before, but others are very different from what I've seen before. Or perhaps it is the light that makes it seem so?
Jan 31, 2017 6:33 pm
The Silver Flagon is a three story building, with wide alleys (about 6 feet), between it and the buildings beside it. The alleys do not show the normal debris and squalor you'd normally associate with a large city, but appear cleaned and well taken care of.

As soon as you open the front door, the sounds of merriment and chatter assail you. You can hear the song of a bard drifting out, the calls for food and drink to the serving girls, and the clatter of mugs. Entering, you are greeted by a bosomy lass, "Welcome to the Silver Flagon," she says sweetly, not stumbling in the slightest over your unusual companions, "Could I get you a table?"
Jan 31, 2017 6:35 pm
"Uh," Hunter begins, unused to being accepted so readily in a tavern. "Y-.. yes?"
Jan 31, 2017 7:05 pm
Smiling at your stuttering approval, she leads you deeper into the tavern, finding you a table in the corner, "Please, be seated. If you need anything, my name is Calliope, or you can grab any of the servers as well," she says with a curtsy and makes her way back to the door.
Jan 31, 2017 7:07 pm
Hunter smooths out her robes and follows, trying to remember that she is no longer an urchin at risk for getting kicked out. "Are there rooms?" she thinks to ask. "We may need to stay for a bit depending on our business."
Jan 31, 2017 7:18 pm
"Of course, there are rooms available. Private rooms are available for a price of 2 gold pieces per day, while rooms with two beds are available for a mere 6 silver more," she replies, "Anything else that I can do for you until your server comes?"
Jan 31, 2017 7:36 pm
Mai'ngor nudges Elfog and whispers, "Gold. Do we have gold?" he rummages in his pack. "I've no coin."
Jan 31, 2017 7:49 pm
"Do we speak to you about rooms? I think we would like... three doubles, yes?" Hunter looks to the party to see if that is desired.
OOC:
Figure Hunter+Xeliss, Soliin+Sarith, Elfog+Mai'ngor? If someone wants a private room, speak up!
Jan 31, 2017 7:53 pm
"That's fine, would you prefer first, second, or third floor?"
Jan 31, 2017 11:25 pm
Not even bothering to check Elfog looks at Mai'ngor and shrugs his shoulders. "Haven't had coin since those Drow had us imprisoned."

He nods to Hunter, agreeing that three doubles will work just fine.
Jan 31, 2017 11:36 pm
"Um, first floor is fine, I think?" says Hunter, again looking at the party. From somewhere within her robes, she fishes out coins (7 gold, 8 silver) for one night's stay.
Jan 31, 2017 11:38 pm
"Is there some kind of market nearby? I may have some things to sell."
Last edited February 1, 2017 1:14 am
Feb 1, 2017 12:15 am
Calliope nods and takes your gold, "I'll return with your keys in just a moment."

"Depends on what kinds of goods you're trying to sell, of course. We have a lot of shops around here."
Feb 1, 2017 7:26 am
Mai'ngor eyes Soliin and Xeliss. The tikbalang knows the two little ones found gold in the sorceress' tomb. But he says nothing.
Feb 1, 2017 11:58 am
"Jewelry of exquisite quality." Not to my high standards, but surely someone else will think so.
Feb 1, 2017 5:05 pm
"Does anyone else need anything?" Hunter asks the group while looking into her robes.
Feb 1, 2017 5:14 pm
"Gerard's jewelry, just up the street, should be able to offer you a fair deal."
Feb 1, 2017 11:29 pm
"Nah" Elfog responds as he checks over his equipment.

Patting his shoulder as a signal to Beard to climb aboard Elfog takes his leave - "Going to see what someone over at the Vault of Sages can tell me about my friend here"
Feb 1, 2017 11:36 pm
Hunter to looks to the others if there is any non-jewelry shopping they are interested in.
Feb 2, 2017 6:03 pm
Beard climbs up on Elfog's shoulder as he takes his leave and heads to the Vault of the Sages. It turns out that it's not hard to find; the Vault of the Sages is a monolithic, horseshoe-shaped building five stories high. The main entrance is in the center of the inside of the horseshoe. Entering through the elaborately carved doors, Elfog sees shelf after shelf of books interspersed with tables, scholars of all races, and librarians.

Entry to the main floor is restricted by a gate, by which sits an elderly clerk, with a logbook, pot of ink, and quill by his side.
Feb 2, 2017 11:35 pm
More than a little uncomfortable in such surroundings Elfog slowly approaches the clerk.

"Good day, Sir" he starts, nervously looking about, quite sure he's never used those three words in the same sentence before.

"I heard someone at this place may be able to help me figure out what my friend here is" he motions with his chin toward Beard, and gives the large lizard a hearty pat on its side.
Feb 2, 2017 11:46 pm
Mai'ngor only shrugs in response to Hunter. "Rations, perhaps? Waterskins? Hard to say, as we've no idea what's in store. I think I shall accompany you, as I would like to see more of the city."
Last edited February 2, 2017 11:47 pm
Feb 3, 2017 12:50 am
Hunter sees if anyone else is going shopping, asking that if they elect to stay to be attentive to any messages or summons. Otherwise, she will ask Calliope to hold any notices for when they return.
Feb 3, 2017 1:09 am
I nod to Mai'ngor and Hunter. "Shopping, then."
Feb 3, 2017 4:43 pm
At the Inn
"I think I'll go with you," Sarith says after finishing off his ale.

Calliope returns very shortly, "Your rooms have been booked, just see the innkeeper when you get back from your shopping and he'll provide you with keys."
At the Vault of Sages
"Oh my, what a fantastic specimen!" the old man excitedly, "Wherever did you find him?"
Feb 3, 2017 5:18 pm
Hunter prepares for the shopping trip, asking directions to general goods or sundries near Gerard's Jewelry. She then heads out to make the most of the day.
Feb 3, 2017 11:11 pm
Elfog, feeling a little more at ease now that the clerk has expressed a bit of interest in his pet answers, "He kinda found me. Lost in the underdark we were."
Feb 5, 2017 9:47 pm
At the Vault of the Sages
"The underdark, you say? You spend much time there?"

Shopping!
You enter into Gerard's Jewelry and see a number of well-to-do women standing around a display, whispering and giggling. A couple of men wander around the room with an older gentleman with thinning white hair who speaks knowledgeably about the wares.

A slightly younger man approaches as you enter and dips a low bow, "Welcome to Gerard's Jewelry, I am Gerard, how can I assist you?"
Feb 5, 2017 11:06 pm
"Too much." Elfog snorts. "I hope to never find meself down there ever again."
Feb 6, 2017 2:39 am
"I have these two one-of-a-kind bracelets that I'd like to sell." I show the shopkeeper the two gold bracelets I discovered in that room with Solin seemingly ages ago. "They are worth at least 200 gold, but I would be willing to part with them for 150."

Rolls

Deception - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Persuasion - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Feb 6, 2017 2:49 am
Hunter busies herself with browsing the available selection while Xeliss conducts her business.
Feb 6, 2017 2:56 am
Mai'ngor isn't particularly interested in jewelry, but remembers the small gemstone he found while in the Underdark. He approaches Xaliss and the shopkeeper but doesn't interrupt their transaction.

Feb 6, 2017 2:02 pm
Vault of Sages
"A tale for another time, perhaps?" The old man says, before turning to his book, "If I could have your name, I'll check you in and send for an expert to look at the little guy."
Gerard's Jewelry
Gerard takes the bracelets and holds them up to the light, then knocks on them, obviously listening for something. He gives a couple of 'mmm' and 'aah' sounds before looking at Xeliss again, "I'll give you 125, and that's being generous." he says.

Hunter meanders around the shop, seeing many different types of jewelry, all in glass cases. On thing that catches her eye is a gold necklace with a large opal set at the end, surrounded by small diamonds.
Feb 6, 2017 4:07 pm
Like a kid at the window of a toy store, Hunter leans in until her nose is almost touching the glass. And maybe it does.
Feb 6, 2017 4:18 pm
I scoff. "Generous? I'm the one being generous here! I'll have you know, I come from a long line of Gemcutters. I've worked my entire life in precious metals and stones and I know quality when I see it. 135 gold or I take my business elsewhere."

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Feb 6, 2017 4:29 pm
"125 is my final offer," he says firmly, "And it's a fairer deal than you'll find anywhere."
Feb 6, 2017 4:47 pm
I sigh. "Fine. If we weren't in need of supplies I would move on, but apparently there is no accounting for taste. So be it." I grudgingly wait for the shopkeeper to hand over the gold before I part with the bracelets that are clearly (to me) only worth 100 gold.
Feb 6, 2017 10:47 pm
Elfog gives his name to the clerk.

"Elfog Oakshoulder" he says proudly "Of the mighty Oakshoulder clan."
Feb 7, 2017 2:07 am
Mai'ngor waits politely for Xeliss to finish her transaction before stepping up to the shopkeeper. "Good day to you!" as he hands over the gemstone to be appraised.
Feb 7, 2017 6:47 pm
Shopping!
Gerard leads Xeliss over to the counter and proceeds to count out the gold, placing it in a large pouch before handing it over in exchange for the bracelets.

"Good day," he says as he turns to the horse-man, hesitating only slightly before he looks the gem over, "Hmm... not a very good quality cut, but I suppose I could give you eight pieced of gold for it."
Feb 7, 2017 7:18 pm
Mai'ngor happily agrees to the 8 gold pieces. What an excellent deal, and he didn't even have to bargain!
Last edited February 7, 2017 7:20 pm

Rolls

How much do I THINK it's worth? INT check. - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Feb 7, 2017 9:03 pm
I turn towards the shopkeeper holding Mai'gnor's gem."What! That gem is an heirloom! You can't just give it away!"
Last edited February 7, 2017 9:03 pm

Rolls

How much is the gem actually worth? - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Feb 7, 2017 9:09 pm
Xeliss guesses the gem to be worth about 10 gp
Feb 7, 2017 10:29 pm
Hunter just stares at the opal, lost in the amorphous color.
Feb 8, 2017 4:38 pm
Vault of the Sages
"It's good to meet you, Master Oakshoulder," the clerk says, writing your name in the log, "If you would, please follow me."

He allows you through the gate and through several rows of shelves to a man who is very intently studying a book titled, Dragons: Friend or Food?

"This is Alex Fronoz, resident specialist on rare beasts," the clerk states. The sound of his voice in the otherwise silent area, startle the man and he nearly drops the book he is reading. Once he has it secure, he breathes out a relieved sigh. "Alex, this is Elfog Oakshoulder, and he has questions about the fascinating beast upon his shoulder."

Alex peers at Beard for a moment and then smiles, "Fascinating..." he mumbles, walking around you to peer at the lizard from all different angles.
Feb 8, 2017 4:39 pm
Shopping
An attendant approaches Hunter, seeing her interest in the fabulous pendant, "Ah, I see that you've noticed Elayna's Sorrow, yes? Are you, perhaps, interested in purchasing it?""
Feb 8, 2017 4:50 pm
Shopping

"Hm?"
Hunter says idly, distracted as she is. Then, realizing that she is the target of attention, straightens like she was caught with her hand in the cookie jar and was called upon by the teacher. "Uh, yes? Wait, what? Um... This is sorrow?"
Feb 8, 2017 5:08 pm
Shopping
"Yes, the name of the pendant is Elayna's Sorrow, owing to the legend surrounding it. Young girl doted on by a noble lover, cast aside when she was scarred in a farming accident. The story goes that, on the day of his wedding, she threw herself to her death at the ceremony, wearing only this pendant that he had gifted to her."
Feb 8, 2017 11:10 pm
Not sure what to do while Alex inspect his pet Elfog does his best to stand perfectly still.

"Any ideas there, Al..., er, Mr. Fronoz?" he mumbles, trying his best to be polite.
Feb 8, 2017 11:59 pm
Shopping

Hunter leans back. "That sounds rather macabre. Why would someone wish to buy something of such tragedy?" she asks.
Feb 9, 2017 2:55 pm
Shopping
"Well, it is quite beautiful, and people love items with a story behind them. Not to mention that it contains some sort of magical enchantment, though we aren't quite sure what," the attendant says.

Vault of the Sages
"It appears that this little guy is a rare breed from the Underdark," Alex says absently, as if speaking to himself mostly, "Likely growing quickly... Any changes in coloration? No, probably not this soon."

He stops his inspection, "Indeed, fascinating. Never seen one in person!" he chuckles, "I'd guess it's going to get about this high," he places his hand just above waist level, which is about the middle of your chest, "Sticky feet, useful for climbing sheer walls and walking on ceilings."
Feb 9, 2017 4:26 pm
Shopping

Hunter physically steps away, an obvious effort to remove herself from any temptation. "No, I.. thanks, but we really ought to find the market." Of course, she is still looking at the pendant.

"Um, what happens when someone puts it on?"
Feb 9, 2017 4:31 pm
Shopping
"We're not sure. It's quite dangerous to play with any magic if you don't know what it does."
Feb 9, 2017 4:41 pm
Shopping

"Agreed. Thank you, but I believe I shall pass on this opportunity," nods Hunter. She turns to the others in her group. "Is everyone finished?"
Feb 9, 2017 5:20 pm
Mai'ngor pockets his coins and nods to Hunter.
Feb 9, 2017 11:15 pm
Startled at what Alex is saying, Elfog just shakes his head back and forth slowly. Putting his hand at the same height as Alex's he asks, "And how long before Beard gets to full grown? And what do I feed the guy? Can I use him as a mount?"

Realizing that he's just spitting out question after question he stops and tries to act calm.
Feb 10, 2017 4:07 pm
"Months, likely. Perhaps a year, it's hard to say for sure, the scholars haven't had much chance to raise one from infancy. I would recommend feeding it meat, fresh preferably. I have heard that drow nobles use them as mounts, so I should think so."
Feb 10, 2017 4:43 pm
"Enjoy the shoulder riding while ya can there, Beard. Won't be too long before things will be the other way round." Elfog says with a chuckle to his pet.

He thanks Alex and heads out to find the others.
Feb 13, 2017 2:53 pm
OOC:
Looks like everything is done at the Vault and for shopping. Was there anything else you'd like to do?
Feb 13, 2017 4:10 pm
Hunter looks for general goods and sundries. Someone wished a selection of rations and other gear.
OOC:
To speed things up, Hunter has 150 gp and 8 sp for shopping. She already has an Explorer's Pack so doesn't need anything else, but makes these funds available for those that do.
Feb 14, 2017 1:25 pm
OOC:
With his own limited funds Mai'ngor spends 7gp & 8sp to buy:
10 torches
10 days rations
bedroll
tinderbox
map case
waterskin
Feb 14, 2017 1:58 pm
It's easy to find a shop nearby that sells general adventuring equipment.
Feb 14, 2017 3:59 pm
Hunter picks up 10 whetstones and a set of traveler's clothes. If no one else takes her up on the offer to share her funds for their equipment, Hunter will spend the rest of the time browsing stores and getting the lay of the land. In time she will return to the Silver Flagon.
Last edited February 14, 2017 4:00 pm
Feb 15, 2017 8:32 pm
Assuming everyone is done with everything, you all return for your night at the Silver Flagon. The place is quite busy, but you manage to secure a table. Sarith is even more tense than usual, eyes flicking back and forth across the room.
Feb 15, 2017 8:39 pm
"You would think the authorities would have summoned us by now to hear about this demonic threat." Mai'ngor grumbles.
Feb 15, 2017 9:44 pm
Hunter checks with the counter to see if anyone had left any messages. She then orders a meal for the group, and pays for another day's stay.
Feb 15, 2017 10:55 pm
"Easy, Drow." Elfog says. "Ain't nothing going to happen to you here."
Feb 15, 2017 11:42 pm
I shrug. "Maybe demonic threats are more common up here?"
Feb 16, 2017 3:29 am
Hunter is informed that no messages were left and she is given the room keys when she pays.

Sarith nods at Elfog, "I am sure you are right," he says, but his vigilance isn't dulled in the slightest.

About an hour later, a young man, probably in his early 20s, comes striding into the building. He has blond hair, is tall, and wears a gleaming suit of full plate armor. The room quiets noticeably upon his entrance and you hear some speak about "The Knights in Silver" with respect. He approaches the bar, speaks to the bartender a moment, and then heads over to your table, dipping a graceful bow in spite of his heavy armor, and says, "Excuse me, my name is Veren, first lieutenant, Knight in Siver. I was sent by Magister Danforth to tell you that he has accepted your request for an audience and will see you at dawn tomorrow at the palace."
Feb 16, 2017 3:34 am
Hunter stands to offer a curtsy. "Thank you, lieutenant," she says.
Feb 16, 2017 7:17 pm
"I will be back in the morning to escort you, so you don't get lost." he says with a smile at Hunter and another bow before he turns and leaves.
Feb 16, 2017 7:17 pm
OOC:
Anything else you wanna do for the night?
Feb 16, 2017 11:16 pm
OOC:
Elfog is happy to just get a good night's rest.
Feb 17, 2017 2:31 am
The night passes uneventfully and you are woken by a serving girl just before dawn. She waits for you to all gather outside of your rooms, then curtsies, "Miss Calliope asked me to get you up before down so you could get your food and make sure you are presentable before you go to see the Magister."
Feb 17, 2017 4:50 am
Hunter nods. "Thank you," she says, grateful for the courtesy. She heads out to partake in breakfast.
Feb 17, 2017 12:05 pm
I'm always presentable! the barbarian thinks to himself as he follows Hunter to the dining area.
Feb 17, 2017 7:20 pm
Heading out of your room, you find the dining area almost completely vacant, except for a single human man, who's fallen asleep with his head next to a bowl of soup. Once you are seated, you are fed a fine breakfast, and then left to your own devices unless you call a serving woman over.
Feb 20, 2017 7:19 pm
"Presentable? What's that supposed to mean?"
Feb 20, 2017 8:35 pm
After finishing his meal Elfog will look over to see if the sleeping man is still sleeping. If so, he'll go over and wake him up.
Feb 20, 2017 9:05 pm
Hunter picks at her food, silently concerned with the upcoming meeting.
Feb 20, 2017 9:18 pm
Elfog moves over to the sleeping man and shakes him gently. As soon as the dwarf moves him, he sits straight up, mumbling something that Elfog hears as, "world... turned to ash..." before he turns to look at the stout dwarf, "Oh hello there, is there something I can help you with?"
Feb 20, 2017 10:26 pm
"Just checking. Hadn't seen movement out of ya since we've been here" Elfog says, motioning towards the others with his chin.

"Late night?"
Feb 21, 2017 12:40 am
Mai'ngor eyes Hunter. "Nervous?"
Feb 21, 2017 2:04 am
"Oh yes, of course," the man says, "Just up late doing research on the alchemical properties of frog eyeballs, you know! Fascinating material it is..." he goes on, and will happily talk about it for an hour or more unless you stop him.
Feb 21, 2017 2:08 am
Waiting for the man to stop and take a breath, Elfog interjects, "Uh huh, interesting." and will then turn and walk away.
Feb 21, 2017 4:01 am
While the strange man takes a breathe between diatribes, I blurt out, "Why are you here?"
Last edited February 21, 2017 4:22 am
Feb 21, 2017 4:01 am
Hunter nods. "A bit," she says. "I am uncertain how receptive they will be to our word. We have little else by means of proof, after all."
Feb 21, 2017 4:09 am
"This is true. But you have a way with words - you are very persuasive. I have the utmost confidence in your ability as our group's spokesperson."

Mai'ngor is surprised at his own words. "Our group"? How long has it been since he, the last of his tribe, possibly the last of his kind, felt a sense of kinship or belonging? He looks around at his unlikely companions. Yes, strange as it may seem, Mai'nogr feels like all their destinies are somehow entwined.
Feb 21, 2017 6:13 pm
Hunter smiles, "Thanks." She bundles up her hair and sends a wave of minor arcane cleansing through, before combing it back down.
Feb 21, 2017 8:09 pm
The man sputters for a moment as Elfog abruptly walks away. Then, once he's over the shock, he chuckles to himself and turns back to his bowl of soup, which is now quite cold.

Minutes later, just as the sun is cresting over the horizon, Veren walks back in, gaze immediately drawn to your table, and approaches. He bows just as he did yesterday, "Are you all prepared to meet with the Magister?"
Feb 21, 2017 8:23 pm
Hunter rises from her seat. "Yes, I believe so," she says, and looks to the group to gauge their readiness.
Feb 21, 2017 8:26 pm
Nodding to Hunter, Elfog will stand from his seat as well.
Feb 21, 2017 11:03 pm
Mai'ngor also rises and nods.
Feb 23, 2017 6:21 pm
Veren leads the way out of the inn and through the winding streets of the city. You see all manner of people; humans, elves, gnomes and halflings, even a couple of drow scholars at one point. It seems to take forever, and you could probably not find your way back through the winding streets on your own, but you eventually make it to the palace.

The palace is huge and beautiful, pure white and glimmering in the morning light. The guards stop you at the gate, "All outsiders must remove their weapons before they are able to enter."
Feb 23, 2017 6:35 pm
Ma'ngor hesitates, but hands over the sword-hilt that is Sinag.
Feb 23, 2017 6:53 pm
Hunter's eyes take in the city as they travel the new route. Like yesterday, her wandering eyes do not take in the sights as a tourist, but rather determine access points and passageways. She may be older now, but the little urchin inside her still remembers how important it is to know where you're going.

When they reach the palace, Hunter unslings her crossbow and bolts, unsheathes the two daggers from within her robes, and hands all of them over to the guard. She tries to keep her staff, given to her by the kuo-toa.
OOC:
Hunter's City Secrets feature ought to let them find their way back quickly. She was observing the streets yesterday as well.
Feb 23, 2017 11:30 pm
Hardly paying attention to the route being taken as he takes in all of the sights that the city has to offer Elfog is almost disappointed when the group reaches its destination.

Not terribly happy with the idea of giving up his weapons he nonetheless hands Tolvihar and his throwing dagger over to the guards.

"Sorry 'bout the blood" he says, realizing he hasn't cleaned his weapons in some time.
Last edited February 23, 2017 11:31 pm
Feb 23, 2017 11:37 pm
I hand over my weapons easily. It's not like I need them. I can defend myself just fine.
Feb 24, 2017 4:34 pm
With a reluctant sigh, Sarith hands over his weaponry, including the dagger hidden in his boot. Soliin likewise gives up his weapons. Satisfied, the guards admit you, leading you down several hallways before you are taking to a lavish sitting room and told to wait. Servants come into the room, bringing tea, water, or wine at your preference, informing you that they will be in the hallway if you need anything. And here you wait. And wait. And wait.
Feb 24, 2017 4:43 pm
Hunter samples the tea, waiting patiently. She savors one of the few opportunities where there is nothing immediate requiring their attention, happy to have a peaceful moment. "I think, for the first time, I'm quite happy to not look over my shoulder every five feet," she says aloud. "This city undoubtedly has its dangers, but compared to the constant threat of the Underdark even without the abyssal..."

She looks to Sarith and Xeliss. "I have to compliment you two for surviving in such a harsh and unforgiving environment. And with such a positive outlook."
Feb 27, 2017 8:24 pm
It takes a few hours, but you finally see an old man in immaculate purple robes walk in, "I am Magister Danforth," he begins, "You had wanted to speak to me?"
Feb 27, 2017 8:52 pm
"I am Hunter," she says, standing to greet the Magister. "Thank you for your time, m'lord. Myself and my companions," here she indicates the others in the room with and open hand, "have recently arrived from an... involuntary stay in the Underdark. What we have witnessed during our escape may pose a danger to everyone, including those on the surface."
Feb 28, 2017 5:05 am
"Demons. She's talking about demons. Name's Xeliss. I lived down there my whole life and never saw demons like that before. Can't be good. "
Feb 28, 2017 3:45 pm
"Involuntary stay?" he inquires, eyes flicking briefly to Sarith, who shifts uncomfortably, "Tell me, what exactly did you see?"

"Yes, demon sightings are so very rarely a good sign."
Feb 28, 2017 5:11 pm
Hunter holds her hand out, palm up. "We have seen a few of the minor creatures from the Abyss," she begins, conjuring up a small, still image of a vrock that stands on her palm. "It was fortunate for us that they were more interested in our captors, which facilitated our escape. Our friend here was imprisoned with us, and working together we fled from that place." She gives a nod to Sarith, hoping the gesture is enough to signify to Danforth the drow's contributions to the group's survival.

"But while escaping through the Underdark, we happened upon a kuo-toa city when the Prince of Demons appeared." The vrock changes into the form of Demogorgon rising from the lake, the memory of such causing visible shudders through Hunter's body.

"We fled, and found temporary respite with the svirfneblin. There we learned of the appearance of the Lord of Slimes and the Queen of Fungi, though we did not bear witness to their physical forms. We battled against the Faceless Lord's representative in order to help the svirfneblin and came away victorious, but I know not whether that has diminished its influence." Now the image of Demogorgon is replaced by the last visage of the Pudding King, along with his oozes.

Hunter waves away the small images. "We found our way to the surface, and discovered we were near your city. We felt you ought to know."
Feb 28, 2017 6:46 pm
"I see, that is troubling indeed," Danforth says grimly, "I will discuss this with our leaders and see how they want to proceed. I trust that you will stay available for the time it takes me to convene them?"
Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm
"Yes," nods Hunter, giving a curtsey. "I at the very least will be more than happy to lend whatever assistance I can afford. We are staying at the Silver Flagon... um, so long as our funds manage to last, that is. But, I'm sure if we have to relocate we will make every effort to let you know."
Feb 28, 2017 7:01 pm
"Don't worry, I will contact the owner of the establishment and pay for your stay myself," Danforth offers graciously, "If your story is true, which I do not doubt, then it's the least that you've earned!"
Feb 28, 2017 7:06 pm
Hunter curtsies low. "Your generosity is unexpected and very gracious. Thank you."
Feb 28, 2017 10:40 pm
Relieved that he didn't have to take part of the conversation, Elfog nods appreciatively to Danforth once is it's clear that he has taken Hunter and the group's story seriously.
Mar 1, 2017 1:42 am
Mai'ngor bows wordlessly to the Magister. Straightening, he gives Hunter a smile of approval and gratitude. All his life Mai'ngor had been training to rule, but his father the chieftain had been fiercely isolationist and so this training had never included diplomacy. Mai’ngor still often found it difficult to treat with those not of his kind.
Last edited March 1, 2017 1:42 am
Mar 1, 2017 2:11 pm
Danforth smiles, "It's no trouble at all, especially compared to what you've been through recently.

Unless you have something else to say, you are escorted out and Veren takes you back to the inn.
OOC:
Anything you want to do? The rest of the day is yours.
Mar 1, 2017 4:29 pm
Hunter asks Elfog where the Vault of the Sages is. She is interested in browsing through their archives, assuming it's open to the public. "While I hope never to encounter one ever again," she says to the group, "I am curious as to how I should defend myself or destroy the demon."
Mar 1, 2017 11:22 pm
"I'll walk with ya over there" Elfog responds. "Gonna find someplace to let Beard loose so he can get some food in 'im"
Last edited March 1, 2017 11:23 pm
Mar 2, 2017 9:09 pm
OOC:
If no one else wants to do anything, then I'll move things along tonight
Mar 2, 2017 10:34 pm
Hunter spends her time at research, trying to find and study whatever lore can be gleaned about the Abyss and its inhabitants.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Mar 3, 2017 12:20 am
Mai'ngor wanders about, admiring the architecture.
Mar 3, 2017 3:21 pm
OOC:
Sorry about not moving things along last night. My two year old didn't want to sleep at all, so I passed out as soon as he was asleep.
Hunter learns quite a bit in her time researching demons, enough so that she's confident she could probably identify most of the standard demon types.
OOC:
Hunter will have advantage on Arcana checks for info regarding demons
Mai'ngor marvels at the craftsmanship of the place. The walls are covered in murals and tapestries and the wood on the doors is covered in carvings of historical events. It is quite a sight to behold!
Mar 6, 2017 5:14 am
I spend the time learning more about the history of this strange new surface-place.
Mar 6, 2017 5:56 pm
Xeliss learns a lot about the history of the area from her time in the Vault, but eventually has to stop reading as all guests are ushered out to make their way back to wherever they came from.

The distance back to the inn isn't that far, but you feel as if you are walking for a VERY long time, and then you notice that there are no longer any people around; you are alone in the street.
Mar 6, 2017 6:16 pm
Hunter stretches as she leaves the Vault of the Sages. She really needs to learn better posture when browsing books.
OOC:
Does City Secrets help in travel back to the inn?
Mar 6, 2017 6:19 pm
CancerMan says:
Hunter stretches as she leaves the Vault of the Sages. She really needs to learn better posture when browsing books.
OOC:
Does City Secrets help in travel back to the inn?
OOC:
You all know the way well enough, but it seems like you're not making any progress, even though you keep walking
Mar 6, 2017 6:23 pm
Hunter chalks it up to the distractions of meeting the Magister and bookworming, and makes no mention of the disconnect of the time it takes to return to the inn.
Mar 6, 2017 11:10 pm
Returning from a successful hunt with his pet, Elfog wanders the streets.

"You were supposed to remember how to get back" he says to Beard with a chuckle.
OOC:
Would Elfog run into any of the other party members while walking about?
Mar 6, 2017 11:30 pm
OOC:
Ah, I forgot you'd gone elsewhere. We'll assume you found them while wandering lost
Mar 6, 2017 11:35 pm
Spotting the sorcerer in the distance Elfog yells out.

"Hunter!"

He jogs over to his companion and asks, "Where is the inn? Seems like I've been wandering towards it forever."
Mar 6, 2017 11:40 pm
Mai'ngor is inexplicably lost. He chuckles to himself. Where he's from, tales are told of travelers who are lost forever after wandering into tikbalang lands. It's said the capricious fey play tricks on them and make them go around in circles. It's said that if one finds oneself inexplicably lost in the mountains the way to break the tikbalang spell is to turn one's clothing inside out.* Mai’ngor shakes his mane and keeps walking. There are worse things than being lost in this beautiful city.
OOC:
*This is an actual Filipino superstition. :-)
Last edited March 6, 2017 11:42 pm
Mar 6, 2017 11:43 pm
Hunter waves at the approaching dwarf. "It's down this way," she says, indicating the road the party is on. "Well, maybe it's because we haven't been in the city long. Sometimes it seems longer since everything's so new." She continues toward the inn, relying on landmarks and her assumptions of Silverymoon's civil engineering.
Mar 7, 2017 12:01 am
Now that you've begun paying close attention to the landmarks and directions, you realize that you've passed the same butcher shop three times.
Mar 7, 2017 12:05 am
Hunter blushes. "Oh dear," she mutters, obviously feeling responsible for leading the party in a loop. She looks around the area, wondering if anyone else is nearby.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Mar 7, 2017 12:19 am
Hunter looks around and sees no one nearby. You haven't seen anybody in any of your three loops around the same area.
Mar 7, 2017 12:31 am
"Huh. You know, maybe it's just late," Hunter suggests, grasping at straws despite not exactly telling everyone why. "Everyone's at supper. Speaking of which, are you hungry? Perhaps a cut of something from the shop there, yeah?" She starts heading to the butcher's shop to try the door.
Mar 7, 2017 12:36 am
Hunter opens the door to reveal a rather tidy butcher shop. There's no one in there, either.
Mar 7, 2017 12:40 am
"Something's afoot. And here we've no weapons." Mai'ngor says, hand going to Sinag's hilt.
Last edited March 7, 2017 12:46 am
Mar 7, 2017 12:45 am
OOC:
You got your weapons back when you left. I left that unstated, though I probably should have told you
Mar 7, 2017 12:51 am
Hunter calls out, "Hello? Are you open?" Her voice is a bit nervous.
Mar 7, 2017 1:43 am
Seeing Mai'ngor reach for his blade Elfog does likewise.

"Something ain't right!"
Mar 7, 2017 1:47 am
Hunter's voice penetrates the stillness of the room, seeming very out of place here, but there is no answer in return.
Mar 7, 2017 2:01 am
Hunter decides to check behind the counter, or in one of the back rooms. She is looking for signs that someone is there, or barring that, signs that someone was, and hopefully recently.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Mar 7, 2017 3:41 am
"Do they have curfews here? Seems too quiet."
Mar 7, 2017 12:53 pm
Sarith shakes his head, "I don't think so, it's not that late," he says as he follows behind Hunter, also looking for clues as to what's going on.

Rolls

Sarith Investigation - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Mar 7, 2017 12:59 pm
Sarith raises an eyebrow, then draws a sword. He walks over to one of the walls and drags his blade across it. There is no mark in the wall where his fine blade should have left a decent gouge, "None of this is real," he says, turning back to you all, "Some sort of sorcery?"
Mar 7, 2017 1:13 pm
"I don't like this." I back away from the wall and look around for any source that could be creating this illusion.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Mar 7, 2017 3:59 pm
At Sarith's words, Hunter closes her eyes. She grasps her staff and mentally draws focus, taking in a deep breath. Then she opens her eyes to inspect their surroundings, looking for recognizable signs of arcane influence.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Tides of Chaos, Advantage - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Mar 7, 2017 4:00 pm
Neither Hunter nor Xeliss is able to determine what's causing this, though it's obviously magical in nature.
Mar 7, 2017 4:14 pm
Hunter pinches the bridge of her nose. Too much time spent reading, she reasons for the lack of clarity. "Do we stay here, or head back outside?" she asks, tapping her staff on the ground and summoning a protective barrier around herself. "What is even outside, if nothing we see is real?"
OOC:
Casting Mage Armor

Rolls

Wild Magic Surge - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Mar 7, 2017 4:27 pm
While you stand around discussing your choices, you hear quiet footsteps outside on the paved street. It sounds like they are passing by the butcher shop, not heading toward it.
Mar 7, 2017 4:33 pm
Hunter, unable to quell her curiosity, moves to step outside the butcher shop and see who is passing by. "Excuse me?" she asks, trying to get their attention if she's not too late.
Mar 7, 2017 4:48 pm
As Hunter steps out of the shop, she notices two figures walking by. Both are filthy; the older man is dressed in what must have once been fine robes with a long graying beard, while the other, a younger man, is dressed in a plain tunic and trousers.

They turn, stunned to see anyone else here, "Hunter?" the robed one asks in shock. Hunter can barely recognize he master, Hobren.
Mar 7, 2017 4:49 pm
Frustrated, I wave my arms in a wide arc as I attempt to dispel the illusion, whatever it is.
OOC:
Dispell Magic
Mar 7, 2017 4:58 pm
Xeliss can see the air around her shift slightly as he spell goes off, but it snaps right back into place.
Mar 7, 2017 5:27 pm
"Master?" Hunter exclaims in shock. "You survived! What happened? Where have you been? And what's going on here?"
Mar 7, 2017 10:23 pm
"It's them damned demons, ain't it?" Elfog blurts, obvious fear in his voice.
Mar 8, 2017 2:11 pm
If Mai'ngor peeks outside, he will recognize the younger figure as his squire.
OOC:
Jabes, feel free to give your squire a name
"Oh goodness, Hunter, it is you!" he exclaims, stepping forward and enfolding her in a fatherly embrace, "I thought I'd lost you."

Sarith leans in toward Elfog, "Doesn't look like demons, looks like a reunion."
Mar 8, 2017 3:08 pm
OOC:
He was already named before. :-)
Mai'ngor peeks outside to see what Hunter is up to and is shocked to see Brynn, his halfling squire. The tikbalang hurries outside, overjoyed. "Brynn! You're alive! Gods be praised!"
Last edited March 8, 2017 3:08 pm
Mar 8, 2017 4:26 pm
Hunter willingly falls into the embrace. However, she still has so many questions. "We were attacked. Did you escape? Did they hunt you?" Having spent a week as a prisoner of the drow, she feared her master dead with his disappearance.
Mar 8, 2017 6:28 pm
Brynn's eyes widen as he sees Mai'ngor step out, "My lord, you're alive!" he says, sinking down to one knee and bowing his head.

Hobren sighs, "It's a long tale, dear girl," he says, "But it seems that we have time, I suppose."
Mar 8, 2017 6:35 pm
"Yes, we are staying at the Silver Flagon, courtesy of the Magister," says Hunter. "But, master, something is going on. My companions and I can't seem to reach our destination. It is almost like we are stuck. And no one else is around."
Mar 8, 2017 6:39 pm
"Yes, we are trapped in a very potent illusion. I've been here nearly since we were separated. I've tracked the source of it here, to somewhere in Silverymoon, but I haven't been able to find it quite yet," Hobren explains tiredly, "I found young Brynn here not long after I came to be here and he joined me in my search. We'd be happy for your assistance in locating it."
Mar 8, 2017 6:50 pm
"An illusion?" Hunter exclaims in surprise. "Are... are we even in Silverymoon? We just spoke to the Magister this morning!" She is starting to become confused trying to figure out if even the previous 24 hours have been real.

Hunter stops. "Er, yes. Yes, of course we will help. Um, these are my companions..." She introduces each of the party. In return, she tells everyone that the old man is Hobren, her Instructor of the Arcane.
Mar 8, 2017 11:39 pm
"Wait. How do we know they're not illusions too??"
Mar 8, 2017 11:43 pm
"What? Of course they're real!" says Hunter, firmly.
Mar 9, 2017 12:49 am
"My friends, this is Brynn. You will never find a more loyal and stalwart servant."

Mai'ngor turns to Xeliss, "Of what illusions do you speak? The tikbalang know illusions. There are no illusions here. Though there certainly is an enchantment at work here, causing us all to lose our way."
Last edited March 9, 2017 12:50 am
Mar 9, 2017 3:28 am
Elfog reaches for Tolvihar. Wielding his axe in front of him he looks for any type of corner to back into.

"Enchantments... illusions..." he mutters to Sarith, "something ain't right!"
Mar 9, 2017 2:41 pm
CancerMan says:
Hunter stops. "Er, yes. Yes, of course we will help. Um, these are my companions..." She introduces each of the party. In return, she tells everyone that the old man is Hobren, her Instructor of the Arcane.
"It's nice to meet you all, though I wish it were under better circumstances," Hobren says with a slight bow to each of you, "I look forward to learning more about you all, but that will have to wait until we get out of here."
Moofsalot says:
"Wait. How do we know they're not illusions too??"
"I understand your wariness, Xeliss, but I assure you that we are quite real," he says, "Though I suppose you'll remain skeptical until you are able to see me outside of this illusion, yes?"
Jabes.Plays.RPG says:
"My friends, this is Brynn. You will never find a more loyal and stalwart servant."
Brynn bows his head deeper than before, "You do me too much honor."
Jabes.Plays.RPG says:
Mai'ngor turns to Xeliss, "Of what illusions do you speak? The tikbalang know illusions. There are no illusions here. Though there certainly is an enchantment at work here, causing us all to lose our way."
"I assure you that it's an illusion, a very powerful one. I can't say for sure where you are in the real world, but I assume you are in Silverymoon. Illusions work better when they have a basis in reality."
Mar 9, 2017 4:36 pm
"We must be in Silverymoon. Aren't we?" Hunter begins, growing confused. "I mean, we met the guards, we stayed at the Flagon, we spoke to the Magister. We even visited the Vault of the Sages. We've seen and spoken to many people!"

She tries to collect herself. "Is this the work of the Abyss?" she ponders. "We came to Silverymoon (or what we believe is Silverymoon) in order to warn them of the demonic incursion in the Underdark." Hunter shares her experiences with Hobren, as brief as possible given the circumstances.
Mar 11, 2017 1:53 am
"I think you are, but we can speak as we search," Hobren says, "Hopefully we can find the source of the illusion and get out of here."
Mar 12, 2017 3:11 am
"Powerful magics. It's unnatural." I keep shaking my head. "Fine, then. Let's get a move on and see how we can fix it."
Mar 13, 2017 2:33 am
Hunter nods, and falls in line with Hobren. "What do we look for as the source? We seem to be walking in the same area no matter how far we travel," she asks.
Mar 13, 2017 1:48 pm
"You're traveling the same way no matter what because you keep trying to go in the same direction. Have you tried turning the wrong way or turning around entirely?" Hobren asks, stroking his magnificent, dirty beard.
Mar 13, 2017 3:58 pm
Hunter opens her mouth to say something, but knows better than to doubt the word of her master. "No, sir," she mumbles, standing like an admonished school-child.
Mar 14, 2017 11:37 am
You travel for a few more hours, taking random turns in the road and the scenery finally begins to shift and you can see a familiar street ahead of you. Not too long and you should be passing by the Silver Flagon. Just as you begin to feel a sense of hope, you hear an insect-like skittering of feet on the cobbled stone street a ways behind you.

Hobren turns back in fear, "Brynn, run! I'll follow at the back and try to delay it." he shouts, drawing forth some spell components as he follows behind you.
Mar 14, 2017 1:14 pm
Mai'ngor turns to see what is pursuing them, Sinag's blade springing forth. "Brynn. To me."
Mar 14, 2017 4:59 pm
Hunter readies her kuo-toa staff, planting its end upon the ground with one hand while her other clenches in a fist, drawing power from within herself. "Who is it?" she asks of Hobren, even as she scans their surroundings for the source of the noise.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Mar 15, 2017 4:51 am
"Now what? It's always something..."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Mar 15, 2017 3:17 pm
As everyone turns to look at what's following them, Mai'ngor hears footsteps beside him. At first he assumes they are Brynn's, but then realizes that they are way too heavy for him. He turns just in time to see a large ape-like creature moving toward him. It stands about eight feet tall and is 6 feet wide, with massive arms and fangs.

It bites him on the shoulder, then lands two heavy blows to his body (Crit, 24, 18 vs AC, 18, 8, 11 damage)

As it hits, Hobren smiles and his eyes turn dark. His skin shreds before your eyes and he grows to be about nine feet tall. His skin is blood red and he has a smushed face and large fangs. The demon he's become has four arms; the two large one end in wicked pincer and the smaller two are similar to human hands. Hunter recognizes it from her studies as a Glabrezu.

"You meddle in affairs that you don't understand, puny mortal. Submit to the will of my master and perhaps you will be allowed to live!" he roars at you, shaking the illusion, causing the buildings to waver and then snap back into their places.

Battle Map
OOC:
Surprise round is over, you may now act!
Mar 15, 2017 5:00 pm
Heartbroken that her happy reunion has been shattered, Hunter's eyes burn with tears. Her despair turns to anger, grinding her teeth at the thought of how foolish she is for clinging to false hope. She hisses in reply to the demon's words, but instead of a witty comeback Hunter speaks arcane words while tracing a runic circle in the air with her free hand. Once the small glyph is complete, she turns and pushes it towards the Barlgura!
[ +- ] Banishment

Rolls

Bend Luck negative modifier to Balgura's saving throw - (1d4)

(4) = 4

Wild Magic - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Mar 15, 2017 5:03 pm
OOC:
Just to confirm, you want to banish the Barlgura, which was impersonation Brynn and has attacked Mai'ngor?
Mar 15, 2017 5:06 pm
OOC:
Yes. Hunter would rather have Mai'ngor free to beat up the Glabrezu!

Also, I didn't try to move because I assumed this due to the creature's scale on the map, but am I correct in thinking that Hunter is effectively in melee range with the Glabrezu? Meaning that if she tried to move away, it'd get an Opportunity Attack?
Mar 15, 2017 5:13 pm
OOC:
A 0 on the saving throw

Also, you are correct, the demon has a ten foot reach
Before Mai'ngor is able to recover from his shock, the demon's eyes pop open and it disappears with a small popping sound.
Mar 15, 2017 9:39 pm
"Hide, Beard" Elfog warns his pet, and with Tolvihar already in hand, Elfog charges at the Glabrezu with a furious scream.
OOC:
Rage, Reckless Attack, Frenzy, Extra Attack
Last edited March 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Rolls

Attack #1 - (1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d12+7)

1d20+8 : (10) + 8 = 18

1d20+8 : (3) + 8 = 11

1d12+7 : (3) + 7 = 10

Attack #2 - (1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d12+7)

1d20+8 : (9) + 8 = 17

1d12+7 : (12) + 7 = 19

Frenzy Attack #1 - (1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d12+7)

1d20+8 : (11) + 8 = 19

1d20+8 : (7) + 8 = 15

1d12+7 : (4) + 7 = 11

Frenzy Attack +2 - (1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d12+7)

1d20+8 : (1) + 8 = 9

1d20+8 : (12) + 8 = 20

1d12+7 : (3) + 7 = 10

Mar 15, 2017 9:53 pm
OOC:
frenzy is only one extra attack :-)
Mar 15, 2017 9:56 pm
OOC:
I was thinking the Frenzied Attack was an Attack Action and therefor Extra Attack kicked in for it as well. No worries, if it's only three I may have to kick in Tolvihar's special ability. :-)
Mar 16, 2017 5:53 pm
OOC:
Also, rage is a bonus action and so is the attack from frenzy. So this turn you'll only get the two attacks
Elfog flies into a rage, throwing himself at the great demon with reckless abandon. He swings once, axe cutting a wide wound across the monster's chest, then reverses and slams his axe into the thing's ribs.

Mai'ngor leaps forward, initiating his war dance, and launches Sinag in an overhead chop, catching it in the shoulder, then pulls back and takes a quick step forward, attempting to plunge the light-blade into the demon's gut. The beast pushes his arm out to the side, causing the strike to miss. He's not done yet as he spins, launching Sinag in a horizontal strike that also misses, but steps forward and reverses the momentum, catching the beast on the hip.

Sarith moves around the demon's flank, striking out with both of his blades, cursing silently as the non-magical weapons hardly hurt the beast (7 damage total)
OOC:
Mai'ngor: War Dance, Reckless Attack x2, Action Surge Reckless Attack x2

Glabrezu: 63 damage
Barlgura: Banished

Xeliss?
Battle Map

Rolls

Sinag attack 1 - (1d20+10, 1d20+10, 1d8+9)

1d20+10 : (14) + 10 = 24

1d20+10 : (10) + 10 = 20

1d8+9 : (8) + 9 = 17

Sinag attack 2 - (1d20+10, 1d20+10, 1d8+9)

1d20+10 : (1) + 10 = 11

1d20+10 : (4) + 10 = 14

1d8+9 : (1) + 9 = 10

Action Surge Sinag attack 3 - (1d20+10, 1d20+10, 1d8+9)

1d20+10 : (3) + 10 = 13

1d20+10 : (2) + 10 = 12

1d8+9 : (3) + 9 = 12

Action Surge Sinag attack 4 - (1d20+10, 1d20+10, 1d8+9)

1d20+10 : (18) + 10 = 28

1d20+10 : (8) + 10 = 18

1d8+9 : (1) + 9 = 10

Mar 17, 2017 1:39 am
Holding tightly to my focus, I conjure fire and hurl it toward the demon, hoping to set it ablaze! I then take one step back.

Rolls

Flaming Sphere, level 3 (DEX save) - (3d6)

(225) = 9

Mar 17, 2017 2:23 am
The flaming orb slams into the glabrezu and it barely seems to feel the heat, chuckling at the puny gnomish magic.

The demon reaches one pincered hand out toward Elfog and one toward Mai'ngor. It grabs Elfog, lifting him up into the air (21 vs AC, 24 damage) and Mai'ngor as well (23 vs AC, 18 damage). It says a word of power and suddenly Hunter can no longer move.
OOC:
Hunter, you are stunned, see the spell below for details. Mai'ngor and Elfog are grappled (DC 15 escape check, see condition below)
[ +- ] Power Word: Stun
[ +- ] Stunned
[ +- ] Incapacitated
[ +- ] Grappled
OOC:
Glabrezu: 65 damage

Back to your turn!
Mar 17, 2017 3:19 am
Seeing my friends so quickly grabbed by the creature, I whisper an incantation to myself before shifting my form into that of a brown bear, growling at the demon as I make my way closer to it.
[ +- ] Casting Freedom of Movement
Last edited March 17, 2017 3:31 am
Mar 17, 2017 5:04 am
Hunter rocks on her heels, clutching her head.

Rolls

Constitution - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Mar 18, 2017 11:32 am
In the demon's pincer, Mai'ngor is badly cut, but he hardly feels it. He is smarting more from the deception - he really did believe he had found Brynn again. He digs deep, grasps Sinag two-handed, and hacks away at the demon with renewed fervor.

Rolls

Second Wind - (1d10+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

Sinag two-handed attack 1 - (1d20+10, 1d10+9)

1d20+10 : (20) + 10 = 30

1d10+9 : (8) + 9 = 17

Sinag two-handed attack 2 - (1d20+10, 1d10+9)

1d20+10 : (11) + 10 = 21

1d10+9 : (10) + 9 = 19

Crit damage - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Mar 18, 2017 4:07 pm
Struggling to free himself Elfog manages to escape certain pincher death. Hitting the ground he works himself into a Frenzy and rushes in once again at the demon, taking a two handed swing with Tolvihar.
OOC:
Fenzy and Reckless Attack
Last edited March 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Rolls

Athletics Check (with Advantage) Grapple Escape - (1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (8) + 7 = 15

1d20+7 : (15) + 7 = 22

Attack - (1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d12+7)

1d20+8 : (11) + 8 = 19

1d12+7 : (10) + 7 = 17

Mar 19, 2017 6:21 pm
Xeliss moves forward, drawing upon magical energy to protect herself from being grabbed as she transforms.

Hunter presses her will against the magic holding her. After a brief but exhausting mental battle, she sags as the magic releases her.

Mai'ngor slashes the beast once and then again, the light-blade leaving scorched wounds in the glabrezu's chest.

Elfog keeps swinging Tolvihar as if he's felling a tree, taking chunks out of the glabrezu. He manages to wriggle out of the demon's grasp and lands on the ground, free again.
OOC:
Glabrezu: 120 damage

Enemy turn!
Mar 19, 2017 6:26 pm
The glabrezu continues trying to squeeze Mai'ngor, but the tikbalang manages to keep the pincer from digging deeper into his abdomen.

The great demon reaches out for Elfog once more, grabbing and picking him up once more (28 vs AC, 18 damage and grappled again!)

You all feel powerful magic grabbing for your mind, twisting your thoughts and trying to pervert your intentions.
[ +- ] Confusion, DC 16 Wis save
OOC:
Glabrezu: 120 damage

Your turn!
Battle Map
Mar 19, 2017 6:38 pm
Recognizing the flow of magic, Hunter tries to counter the effects of the demon's spell.

Rolls

Counterspell (DC 14?) - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Wild Magic - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Mar 19, 2017 6:51 pm
OOC:
Boom! You stopped the spell! No one needs to roll to resist confusion :(
Mar 19, 2017 11:08 pm
Hunter trusts that her companions can bring the glabrezu down. She herself needs some distance away from the fiend, and she disengages from its presence to find a better angle to cast her spells. She heads for one of the doors to see if it is locked.
OOC:
Bonus Action, spending a Level 1 spell slot to recover 2 sorcery points
Last edited March 20, 2017 4:32 am
Mar 20, 2017 1:18 am
I rush towards the demon's limb and attempt to bite and claw to help release its grip on Elfog. The fiery sphere continues to leap towards the demon, despite doing minimal damage.

Rolls

Bite attack - (1d20+5, 1d8+4)

1d20+5 : (9) + 5 = 14

1d8+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

Claw attack - (1d20+5, 2d6+4)

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

2d6+4 : (63) + 4 = 13

Fire damage - (3d6)

(353) = 11

Mar 20, 2017 5:14 am
Mai'ngor continues to thrash about haphazardly in the friend's grasp without much success. Frustrated, he channels the innate magic of his ancestors and vanishes, only to reappear 30 feet behind the demon.
OOC:
Misty Step.
Last edited March 20, 2017 5:18 am

Rolls

Sinag two-handed attack 1 - (1d20+10, 1d10+9)

1d20+10 : (9) + 10 = 19

1d10+9 : (3) + 9 = 12

Sinag two-handed attack 2 - (1d20+10, 1d10+9)

1d20+10 : (1) + 10 = 11

1d10+9 : (9) + 9 = 18

WIS save vs. Confusion, if needed. - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Mar 20, 2017 9:55 pm
"Again!?" Elfog blurts out as he finds himself once more within the demon's grasp.

"I guess I will just have to cut you down from here!"

Without trying to escape, Elfog lashes out at the beast's forearm and wrist.
OOC:
Reckless Attack, Frenzy, Extra Attack, Rage

Rolls

Attack #1 - (1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d12+7)

1d20+8 : (19) + 8 = 27

1d20+8 : (14) + 8 = 22

1d12+7 : (12) + 7 = 19

Attack #2 - (1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d12+7)

1d20+8 : (14) + 8 = 22

1d12+7 : (6) + 7 = 13

Frenzy Attack #1 - (1d20+8, 1d20+8, 1d12+7)

1d20+8 : (7) + 8 = 15

1d12+7 : (1) + 7 = 8

Mar 20, 2017 11:12 pm
Working together, Elfog, Xeliss, and Mai'ngor are able to bring down the glabrezu. The beast howls angrily as it fades away, sent back to its own plane of existence.

As Hunter reaches for the door, the barlgura fades back into existence, angrily turning on the sorceress who dared to banish it. She feels her world turn to agony as the ape-like beast bites her shoulder, then begins punching her in the back over and over. (12, 13, 17 vs AC. 12, 8, 16 damage)

Battle Map
OOC:
Your turn!
Mar 20, 2017 11:22 pm
Hunter gasps, even as her eyes flash white with power. She twists her hand to form the same circular glyph, then spins around to slap the arcane mark upon the barlgura's snout.
OOC:
Bonus Action, convert 6 sorcery points to recover a 4th-level spell. Action, cast Banishment on Barlgura (Charisma Save DC 14).

Rolls

Wild Magic - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Mar 20, 2017 11:34 pm
The Barlgura howls as it is once again banished. Suddenly, you feel the world drop from beneath your feet and you find yourself outside of the gates of the Vault of Sages. Looking at the sky, you would judge that no time has passed, but you feel so tired. It appears that you truly were inside of an illusion and none of that was real except perhaps for the demons.

As you prepare to head to the inn to nurse your wounds, you have a startling realization... How did the illusion so perfectly replicate your loved ones mannerisms and appearance?
OOC:
Just a note. On this post, Hunter should have gotten only ONE sorcery point back

Quote: Converting a Spell Slot to Sorcery Points. As a bonus action on your turn, you can expend one spell slot and gain a number of sorcery points equal to the slot’s level.
Mar 20, 2017 11:39 pm
OOC:
Whoops! You're right, only 1 sorcery point. Thank goodness it was still enough!
Mar 20, 2017 11:45 pm
Hunter looks around, wondering if anyone else is on the street and might notice a suddenly-bloodied group of adventurers that were clean a moment ago.
Mar 21, 2017 1:56 am
"Can someone explain to me just what in the name of all hells just happened here!" Elfog says, wearily getting to his feet, looking about for his pet lizard.

"I need a bit o' a rest after that one!"
OOC:
Took a level of exhaustion hit going all Frenzy like.
Mar 21, 2017 2:00 am
It's pretty deserted and is getting dark outside right now, and you appear back in the exact same space as before, so no one notices right away
Mar 21, 2017 2:20 am
"That was a glabrezu," explains Hunter. Shivering, with one arm hanging limp and bloody, she leans against her staff. "A creature of the Hells you speak of. It has somehow tapped into my memories to craft a powerful illusion of our surroundings, and of my... master."

She dips her head low and her hair covers her face. "Tell me, everyone. Did you see Master Hobren as I knew him? None of you had ever met him before, yet you must have seen something. I suspect the same goes for Mai'ngor's friend."
Mar 21, 2017 5:30 am
"I saw them both." Mai'ngor says through gritted teeth. "If this was a taste of what is in store if these fiends are free to roam the world then I fear for us all."
Mar 21, 2017 4:13 pm
Hunter says nothing, and limps her way toward the nearest temple.
OOC:
If she didn't see a temple during her wanderings, she will ask a passerby or a guard (assuming one eventually shows up).
Mar 21, 2017 9:34 pm
Seeing that Hunter is hurt Elfog walks up besides her, offering some help should she want it.

In Dwarfish he says, "Nice work on them demons. Something tells me endlessly hacking on them wouldn't have done the job."
Mar 22, 2017 12:54 am
Hunter's smile is weak from under the tangle of hair. "All demon to the Dark can be return," she says in her broken Dwarvish, "but only kill in the Dark to be dead."

She frowns and thinks a moment, then shakes her head and continues in Common, "Banishing a demon with blade still works. The glabrezu suffered mightily under your assault. It still lives and it will remember its defeat, but at least for now it cannot affect us.

"And I was mistaken earlier. Demons are a product of the Abyss, not the Hells. Though I suppose it doesn't make much of a difference when one is staring down at you."
Mar 22, 2017 1:02 am
"So now what? Is there anything that can be done to make sure it doesn't come back?"
Mar 22, 2017 1:32 am
"Still remembers, ya say?" Elfog asks, just a hint a fear in his voice. "Don't like the sound of that..."
Mar 22, 2017 1:42 am
"If what you say is true, and I have no doubt that it is, then we have made a very powerful enemy indeed."
Mar 22, 2017 1:51 am
"Yeah well.... So has he!!" Elfog blusters, trying to lift his own spirit as well as those around him.
Mar 22, 2017 4:58 am
Hunter thinks of the ways to permanently destroy a demon. It helps take her mind of the throbbing ache in her body.

Rolls

Arcana, Advantage - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (13) + 4 = 17

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

Mar 22, 2017 12:56 pm
Hunter knows from her reading that to truly kill a demon, you have to do it on its home plane.

It only takes a few minutes before you stumble across a temple of Helm. A couple of guards at the door look alarmed by your condition, immediately ushering you into the temple, "What in the Nine Hells happened to you?"
Mar 22, 2017 4:28 pm
"Abyss," corrects Hunter, the corner of her lips curling upward to allow herself a small measure of self-assurance. She can feel the bruising upon her back and wonders if she has a few broken ribs. She definitely does not look at her bloodied shoulder, wrongly imagining that her arm is hanging by mere shreds of flesh.

Instead, Hunter thinks about her ruined robes, and laments having left the medusa's wardrobe behind.
Mar 23, 2017 4:26 am
Hunter realizes she didn't answer the guard's question. "We were attacked by demons just outside the Vault of Sages," she states. "The fiends had wrapped us within a veil of powerful illusion to lower our guard, then sprung their trap. We were fortunate, nay lucky enough, to banish them back to the Abyss, but not without cost.

"Please? May we have some assistance?"
Almost instinctively, Hunter tilts her head to the side, even as her voice softens with the request.
Mar 23, 2017 7:20 pm
The guards look at eachother and nod. One of them slips out the doors, sword drawn. You now hear a shuffling coming from down the hallway. Peering down, you notice that there is already a priest approaching; it seems that they had sent for help while you told your tale.

An elderly priest walks up to you and motions for the guard to lay you down. He sends the guards to take the less-injured away and an acolyte removes the majority of Hunter's clothing, leaving her in her smallclothes, so the priest can better see the wounds. He sighs, "Not as terrible as they looked, thankfully." he says and begins chanting a prayer to Helm.
OOC:
Hunter is healed for 25 points
Once the worst of the wounds are healed, the acolyte leaves, fetching some fine white robes for Hunter, "Here, take these," she says with a kind smile.
Mar 24, 2017 12:47 am
With her thanks, Hunter accepts the white robes and dresses. Still feeling the ache from the demon's fists, she is grateful that the bleeding wounds have been closed.

"How are my companions?" she asks of the acolyte.
Mar 24, 2017 1:00 am
Hunter
"They are quite well, being tended in another room," the acolyte says kindly, "When you are ready, we can take you to them, or we can take you to a room here to get a good night's rest."

Others
You are led into another room down the hall. The acolytes do their best to tend your wounds, and you feel much better after they tend to your wounds. They don't speak much aside from asking how you feel and offering to bring you anything you might require (food, drinks, blankets).
Mar 24, 2017 4:07 am
Mai'ngor submits to the ministrations without a word. He has a niggling thought: what if this is an illusion, too? What if it's all an illusion? What if I'm still in a cell in Velkynvelve, losing my mind? Or what if I never made it out of the mountains and I am even now lying in a ravine, dying from the sky-rock's poison?
OOC:
31/65 hp
Mar 24, 2017 6:50 pm
Ever proud, Elfog waves off any assistance from the acolytes. While he waits for the others he'll play fetch with Beard.
Last edited March 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Mar 27, 2017 3:34 pm
OOC:
Will Hunter re-join the others or just head straight to bed?
Mar 27, 2017 4:56 pm
"Please, take me to them," Hunter asks. While she is thankful for the help, a part of her would feel more comfortable around those she is familiar with.
Mar 28, 2017 6:33 pm
Hunter is escorted back to the others after the old priest wishes you a good night. You enter the room and the acolytes bow and exit the room to afford you some privacy.
Mar 28, 2017 6:42 pm
Hunter adjusts the fit of her new robes, idly wondering if Silverymoon will think she is a new acolyte. "How is everyone?" she asks, cleaning and fixing her hair.
Mar 28, 2017 9:27 pm
Sitting on the floor while roughhousing with his pet, Elfog quickly looks over his shoulder upon hearing Hunter's voice.

"New robes?" he asks.
Mar 28, 2017 10:09 pm
"Yes, my old outfit was ruined," replies Hunter. "I also don't relish the thought of having some demon's... whatever they have in their vile mouths, sticking to my person."

She chuckles, nervously. "Um, does all of this seem right to you? Any of you? I dare say this temple feels real, but..."
Mar 28, 2017 10:23 pm
Ripping the old fetch stick from Beard's jaw and tossing it forward Elfog gets to his feet and faces Hunter.

"I think this is the real deal. Nothing creepy happening so far."
Mar 28, 2017 10:27 pm
Hunter nods. "Then, unless any of you have any objections, I would like to spend the night in this place. I can't think of any better place to be warded from the Abyss than a temple."
Mar 28, 2017 10:58 pm
"None here" Elfog responds before being bowled over by the ever growing Beard.

Sprawled out on the floor he looks up to Hunter. "Doesn't know his own strength, this one" he says with a laugh as he shoves the large lizard off of him.
Mar 28, 2017 11:00 pm
Hunter quips with a wicked grin, "Is Beard getting bigger? Or are you getting shorter?"
Mar 29, 2017 1:39 am
"I hope this is real. It would be nice to have a day where we don't have to run for our lives."
Mar 29, 2017 6:46 am
Hunter nods, almost deflating with a release of tension. "You and me, both. All of us, I'd gather."
Mar 29, 2017 12:59 pm
You spend the night in the temple. It's the best night of sleep you've had in months and you sleep well past noon.
Mar 29, 2017 5:41 pm
Hunter rises, washing her face of sleep and dried tears. Her eyes are still puffy and red, but she makes no mention of it and gets dressed. "I will speak to the priests," she says to whomever is awake while fixing her hair. "I'll leave a donation for their kindness, and then I'll check at the Silver Flagon in case any messages were delivered for us. After that, I think we will want to speak to the Magister again."
Mar 30, 2017 11:06 pm
Feeling the best he's felt since being captured by the Drow, Elfog is eager to get up and get moving.

At Hunter's mention of a donation the dwarf reaches for his coin only to realize that he never recovered the little he had when captured. What gold they may have come across while in the underdark seemed of little use at the time. He shrugs his shoulders and sighs.

"I'd be willing to pitch in a bit for the donation meself, but am clean out of coin" he says, somewhat embarrassed.

"Think there's any work in this town for a handsome young dwarf?"
Mar 30, 2017 11:34 pm
Hunter smiles. "Don't worry about it. Though you do bring up a good point. After this we will need to think about income. Perhaps the Magister will know of work for us."
Mar 31, 2017 6:30 am
Mai'ngor fishes in his pouch and brings out the two silver pieces he traded the small gemstone for the day before. He hands the silver to Hunter. "This is all I have. Let's be on our way."
Mar 31, 2017 6:40 am
"Hold onto that," Hunter tells Mai'ngor, declining the offer. She departs to speak to the priests and thank them for their help, leaving 6 gold pieces as a donation to Helm. She also inquires if the guards had discovered anything during the night about the attack, though she does not hold out much hope for a revelation.
Mar 31, 2017 1:39 pm
The priests thank you for your kindness and wish you well. Stopping to see the guards, they inform you that they didn't find anything amiss, but they did send someone to inform the Spellguard of what had happened so they could get some of their wizardly types on it.
Mar 31, 2017 3:02 pm
I wait for Hunter to finish before I take out 10 gold to give to the priest, quickly leaving afterwards without making eye contact. I rejoin the others.

"Does anyone need supplies?" I still have some gold from selling the bracelets, and a few other items that can be sold if needed. I don't typically give my gold so freely but... perhaps I can be more flexible this once.
Last edited April 2, 2017 10:49 pm
Apr 2, 2017 4:50 pm
OOC:
If you want to purchase anything, do so now. I'll advance the game tomorrow
Apr 2, 2017 5:15 pm
Hunter looks for a sash, shawl, scarf, or something similar. She is starting to like the fine white robes, but feels a bit of color would do nicely.
Apr 3, 2017 2:53 pm
Hunter is able to find pretty much anything she wants here.
OOC:
I'll give you a bit of freedom in what you want to get, ranging from 3 sp to 5 gp, depending on how fine you want it to be :)

Rather than bog the game down with negotiations, I'll allow you to determine a fair price for what you want
Apr 3, 2017 5:42 pm
Hunter gladly pays the 5 gold for a large emerald-colored silk sari. She finds versatility in being able to wrap the cloth around her body and her head, or simply draped around her shoulders.

"Should we see the Magister and report last night's attack? Assuming they don't already know."
she asks of the others.
Apr 3, 2017 5:55 pm
Apr 3, 2017 6:11 pm
Hunter glances over at Soliin, then at Xeliss, finally at Sarith. Studying them for a bit, she fixes her robes and tucks her coin purse within the folds, before smoothing everything out and is ready to go.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Apr 3, 2017 6:17 pm
Apr 5, 2017 1:34 pm
On your way to see the magister, you are found by a small group of the Spellguard, the magical guardians of Silverymoon. They escort you immediately to the sitting room you waited at previously. This time you find the magister waiting for you. He stands as you enter, "There you are! I tried to send for you last night after High Priest Velen sent a runner, but he wouldn't hear of it, stating that you needed rest! As if he doesn't understand that demon invasions into the center of our city can't wait! I'm glad to see that you are relatively unharmed of course, don't get me wrong! I'm sure you understand how big a deal this is! Demons in our city!"

He goes on ranting and pacing for some time in agitation. You can tell that this event has him shaken up quite badly.
Apr 5, 2017 4:08 pm
Hunter sits and waits, patiently. She is a bit distracted by an inner thought and is only half-listening to the Magister.
Apr 5, 2017 5:15 pm
"If you're upset, how do you think we feel! We don't like running into demons either, you know..."
Apr 5, 2017 5:54 pm
Danforth ends his tirade as Xeliss speaks up and has the decency to look ashamed, "Of course you're right, and I'm truly thrilled that no one was killed," he says apologetically, "It does speak volumes for your power and resourcefulness. It also pushed our plans forward a bit."

He takes a deep breath and composes himself, "From what you've said and from our investigations, it seems as though the trouble is originating in the Underdark. You've already shown yourselves to be capable and trustworthy and we'd like to ask you to head to Gauntlgrym to speak to King Bruenor there. We're hoping that we can get an expedition set up to head down and see what can be found there. He has the most experience of anyone I know in dealing with the threats from below and could offer invaluable assistance in our endeavors."
Apr 5, 2017 6:12 pm
Hunter tears her attention away from a spot on the wall and looks to the Magister. "Will an ambassador be accompanying us, with authority to negotiate between your two cities?"
Apr 5, 2017 10:54 pm
Back to the underdark? Why in the hells would I do want to do....

"King Bruenor!?" he blurts out upon hearing the name. He sits back quietly while the Magister finishes, his eagerness to meet the famous King from the Battlehammer clan pushing the thought of a return trip to the underdark far back into his mind.
Apr 6, 2017 1:07 am
"Of course, I'll send you with Sir Lanniver Strayl. He is a good personal friend of mine and a well-respected member of the Order of the Gauntlet. He will accompany you to Gauntlgrym and represent Silverymoon as well as the Order."
Apr 6, 2017 3:18 am
Hunter nods, a bit absently as she considers other things.
Apr 6, 2017 5:19 am
"Thank you, Magister. When do we leave?"
Apr 6, 2017 5:42 am
Hunter waits for the answer to that question, now ready to ask one of her own.
Apr 6, 2017 6:59 pm
OOC:
Asking the question now; insert into the conversation where appropriate!
"Has anything else happened last night?" asks Hunter, thoughtfully. "Perhaps the attack upon us was part of a greater plan. Any strange occurrences, missing items, peculiar behavior in other individuals?"
Apr 6, 2017 7:19 pm
"As soon as you are ready to, it's a long trip to Gauntlgrym from here," he says, then turns to Hunter, "Nothing that I've been informed of."
Apr 6, 2017 7:29 pm
Hunter nods, and stands. "Thank you, Magister. We will need some supplies for the road, and should be ready to go by morning. Shall we meet Sir Strayl here, or at the gate?"
OOC:
Whoever needs camping gear, make a list!
Apr 6, 2017 7:34 pm
The magister draws forth a letter, "Take this to any merchant in the city, get whatever you need and you won't be charged. Meet Strayl at the west gate, please."
Apr 6, 2017 9:15 pm
Eager to get moving Elfog looks in Hunter's direction and asks, "Morning? How long's it gonna take to some supplies?"
Apr 6, 2017 10:16 pm
Hunter gladly takes the Magister's letter. "Hm?" she answers Elfog amidst another thought. "Oh, probably not very long, depending on the merchant's stock." She does not seem to have made the connection between the question and the time of departure.
Last edited April 6, 2017 10:17 pm
Apr 6, 2017 10:21 pm
In his native tongue Elfog asks "Something wrong?" loudly enough to hopefully catch Hunter's full attention.
Apr 6, 2017 10:42 pm
"What? No, empty wrong. Just thoughts," Hunter replies in broken Dwarvish. She switches to Common, "Thank you, Magister. We'll be taking our leave now to prepare for the journey."
Apr 7, 2017 3:52 pm
The magister thanks you for your time and bids you farewell.
OOC:
Go ahead and make your list :)
Apr 7, 2017 4:34 pm
As the group departs, Hunter expresses with glee, "Use your imagination, everyone!" She flashes the letter with as much authority as she can muster in her giddiness, then puts it away. "Maybe a wagon? Who knows how to care for a horse? Ooo, maybe a magic shop?"

During their shopping mission, Hunter's path takes her near Gerard's Jewelry. She pauses before the door to see if they are open.
[ +- ] If open...
[ +- ] If closed...
OOC:
Hunter wants:
Healer's Kit
Holy Water
Potions of Healing x as much as we can carry

Is there a store that sells items that are more magical in nature? Hunter would be interested in a few scrolls or wands, reasoning that such things are necessary for travel.
Apr 7, 2017 4:46 pm
Elfog checks his weapons, the only items a dwarven barbarian would need, and realizes a lack of a ranged option. "Could use me a few javelins" he says, not really concerned with transport, food stuffs, or anything else.
Apr 7, 2017 4:53 pm
Hunter passes by Gerard's and notes that it is open. Upon entering, everyone seems to be in a fine mood. You do not see the worker who had worked with you previously.

You could find a magic shop here. If there's anything magical you want, roll a d20 for each item and I'll let you know if they've got it
Apr 7, 2017 4:59 pm
OOC:
Mai'ngor needs an off-hand weapon. +1 scimitar or shortsword please. Or mundane if magical is unavailable.

Rolls

Got magic swords? - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Apr 7, 2017 5:07 pm
OOC:
I'm going to allow everyone to make their requests before I say what you can find :)
Apr 7, 2017 6:13 pm
At Gerard's Jewelry, Hunter checks the display case for the presence of Elayna's Sorrow, then moves on.

At the magic shops, Hunter really is like a kid in the candy store that loves candy. She looks at anything and everything, even if she doesn't understand what it does, mostly to note inventory and selection.

Rolls

Amulet of Health (Fit!) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Bag of Holding (Useful!) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Bag of Tricks (Nothing up my sleeve!) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Belt of Giant Strength (Yoked!) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Bracers of Defense (Protection!) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Cloak of Protection (Defense!) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Crystal Ball (Spy with my eye!) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Decanter of Endless Water (Never go thirsty!) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Manual of Golems (Long game!) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Potions of Greater/Superior/Supreme Healing (Restore HP!) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Ring of Free Action (Freedom!) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Ring of Spell Storing (Backup!) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Ring of Telekinesis (Jedi!) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Robe of the Good Archmagi (Might as well!) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Staff of the Magi (If they have it!) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Wand of Binding (Control!) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Wand of Wonder (Embrace the chaos!) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Apr 7, 2017 6:13 pm
The amulet is not there. In it's place is a perfectly average looking ruby necklace.
Apr 10, 2017 2:57 am
Hunter continues her shopping, giving Girard's Jewelry nary a second glance.
Apr 10, 2017 12:52 pm
OOC:
I'll allow you the rest of the day to make any requests and then move on. I know how busy weekends can be
Apr 11, 2017 4:57 pm
Miraculously, Mai'ngor is able to find a magical kris (+1)

Hunter is able to find: Bag of Holding, Bracers of Defense, three greater healing potions, and two superior healing potions
Apr 11, 2017 4:57 pm
OOC:
Anything else before we move on?
Apr 11, 2017 5:00 pm
Hunter looks for any +1 weapon that Soliin, Sarith, or Xeliss can use.

Rolls

Magical Shopping - (1d20, 1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (20) = 20

1d20 : (15) = 15

1d20 : (1) = 1

Apr 11, 2017 5:08 pm
She is able to find a couple of other +1 weapons of any particular type that she chooses.

Sarith will take a rapier, "Thank you," he says to Hunter. He's been spending his time in his room at the inn. You get the distinct feeling that he doesn't feel comfortable surrounded by so many of the surface races.
Apr 11, 2017 5:22 pm
Hunter lets Soliin and Xeliss choose something that befits their talents.

For herself, Hunter fits the bracers upon her arms and allows the sleeves of her robes to fall over them. "Who would like a drink?" she says to the group, before retiring to the Silver Flagon. She will even drag Sarith down to common room.
Apr 13, 2017 2:55 am
I follow Hunter around the shop as she looks at the magical weapons. "What's that?"
[ +- ] Shopping List
OOC:
Damn, shitty rolls!
Last edited April 13, 2017 2:56 am

Rolls

Magical Items? - (9d20)

(411115196103) = 60

Apr 13, 2017 1:10 pm
Xeliss finds a nice-looking ring at a magic shop. Once she finds out what it does, she accepts it gleefully.
OOC:
Ring of Free Action is yours!
Apr 13, 2017 1:32 pm
The following morning, you find Lanniver already at the gates waiting for you. A handsome man in his mid-thirties, he has dark brown hair with just a hint of grey at the temples. Despite his age, he moves with the grace and power of a man a dozen years younger.

As you approach the gate, he moves to greet you, "Well met, friends. I've heard nothing but good from the good Magister."

After your introductions, during which he doesn't give either Sarith or Mai'ngor even a second glance, he continues, "We well be heading to a ferry a couple miles outside of town and taking it down the Surbrin to Yartar. From there, we head West to Gauntlegrym. I expect the trip to take near to a month's time. Please, let me know when you are ready to depart."
Apr 13, 2017 1:42 pm
OOC:
You may advance to level 8!
Apr 13, 2017 2:53 pm
I accept the +1 staff given to me by Hunter. "Thank you."
Apr 13, 2017 3:49 pm
On their way to the gate, Hunter suddenly blurts out, "Stone-cold bitch!" and laughs. "I get it now! Ah, gnomes..."

Shaking herself free of the memory, Hunter straightens her posture as the group nears the gate and meets Lannister. "Well met, Sir Strayl," she says in greeting, curtsying with a nod. She introduces everyone by their first name. "We stand ready to accompany you on your mission."
Apr 13, 2017 4:04 pm
Mai'ngor nudges Elfog with an elbow, and says under his breath, "Am I the only one who's been noticing something amiss with Hunter?"
Apr 13, 2017 4:07 pm
OOC:
Lanniver :P

Lannister is something totally different
Apr 13, 2017 4:22 pm
Hunter meant Lanniver. Yes, of course!
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson,Moofsalot
Apr 13, 2017 4:53 pm
Apr 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Rolls

Secret Roll

Apr 13, 2017 5:19 pm
Apr 13, 2017 5:31 pm
Apr 13, 2017 5:34 pm
Apr 13, 2017 10:32 pm
"No, ye ain't" Elfog responds quietly. "Think we need to be keeping an eye on that one"
Apr 13, 2017 10:41 pm
Hunter holds her chest, and dabs at her wet eyes with her sleeve.
Apr 14, 2017 1:39 pm
Seeing that no one wants to delay the trip at all, Lanniver leads you out of town and toward the ferry, "Prepare for a long journey," he says with a smile, hand resting comfortably on the hilt of his longsword as he walks, "Though it sounds like you're already used to long journeys by now, doesn't it?"
Apr 14, 2017 4:43 pm
Hunter nods, absently. "Though perhaps this is the first where we've had a clear path," she adds. "Have you been to Gauntlegrym before, Sir Strayl?"
Apr 15, 2017 3:08 am
"No, though I've heard that it truly is as grand as the tales say. I had hoped to visit someday, but I wish it was under better circumstances," Strayl says, the smile fading from his face as the talk moves on to more serious subjects, "Is the Underdark truly as terrible as they say?"
Apr 15, 2017 3:14 am
"It wasn't always so bad. But it's nothing like this."
Apr 15, 2017 3:32 am
"The Underdark is actually quite lovely," says Hunter. "The creatures in the wild are no more dangerous than what we'd find on the surface, and the natural features can be as breathtaking as a forest waterfall or snow-capped mountain.

"It does take a different set of skills to survive. A different... perspective, I suppose you could say. And certainly some of the residents of the Underdark are as terrible as the rumors claim, but there are also those who understand and value life, and work towards some good."
Apr 17, 2017 2:55 pm
"I imagine it's an easier transition for those who can see in the dark naturally. I can't imagine being there, knowing that if my torches run low, I'll be blind..." Strayl trails off into silence.

"It's truly more horrible than what you've seen," Sarith says suddenly, "Some of the creatures there are unlike anything you've ever seen. The races down there, including my own, are merciless, ruthless, and cold. You can trust no one, not ever your closest friends.
Anyone would stab you in the back to get ahead..."
he finishes, a haunted look in his eyes.
Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm
"So, really, not unlike many of the cities on the surface," Hunter adds casually. "Particularly for those without four walls and a roof to shelter in.

"It is a stranger place, and the beasts below are very different than those above. You cannot rely on your assumptions of how things work up here."
Apr 19, 2017 2:58 am
It isn't long after this exchange that you begin to see the ferry come into sight. A low wooden building sits near the bank of the Surbrin river and there are several river boats tied to a small dock jutting out into the water. The river looks relatively calm today and you can see a couple of men working to ready a boat to launch.

You move ever closer and a man stands up from his work, says something to the others and moves to meet you. He gives a low bow to Lanniver and a slightly smaller bow to the rest of you, except Sarith, "Ahh, Sir Strayl, I was hoping you'd arrive soon. We've prepared a small meal for your group if you'd like to eat before you set out down the river."

Strayl turns to the rest of you, leaving the choice of whether you eat or not up to you.
Apr 19, 2017 6:42 am
Hunter curtsies and says, "I leave that to our gracious host," gesturing with an open hand towards Lanniver and indicating the meal, thereby returning the question.
Apr 19, 2017 1:08 pm
Lanniver smiles at Hunter, then chuckles, "Well, I wouldn't want to deny you a good meal before we depart, we probably won't have another like it until we reach Gauntlgrym." He nods to the man, who turns and leads the way back toward the building. Sarith glares at the man's back, fingering the hilt of his new sword.

You are led into the small building, past the front counter and into a back room, where you find a nice meal waiting for you. The smell of fresh bread and stew fills the air. Several mugs of ale wait for you next to your plates, as well as a couple of glasses of wine. The man waves you into the room, "Enjoy your meal, I will be just outside if you need anything."
Apr 19, 2017 4:08 pm
Hunter watches the man in studious appraisal. She smiles as he indicates the table, though it is a practiced expression to cover her observation of his mannerisms and glean his intentions.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Apr 19, 2017 10:28 pm
Elfog walks up next to Sarith and gives him a gentle nudge. "Don't give 'em a reason" he says quietly, looking towards the drow's sword.

"Not that they've have much of a chance against us" he adds trying to reassure Sarith.
Apr 20, 2017 1:42 am
Sarith nods grimly, accepting Elfog's reasoning. He stands up straighter and refuses to even look at the disrespectful man.

Hunter can sense nothing but respect from the man, at least in regards to Lanniver. It seems that he finds you as being beneath Lanniver's station and resents you for taking up the man's time. Chances are, though, that he is not aware of the task that you're truly taking on.
Apr 20, 2017 2:32 am
Hunter sits at the table in the offered chair, and waits for everyone to join.
Apr 20, 2017 2:32 am
I walk over to the glasses of wine, picking up one and giving it a good sniff before dunking some bread into it and nibbling as gracefully as possible.
Apr 20, 2017 2:59 am
Hunter smiles, miming the lifting of the pinky to indicate grace and nobility. Meanwhile, her other hand takes a bit of bread and slips it into her robes, followed by a fork.

Rolls

Sleight of Hand - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Apr 20, 2017 1:44 pm
Sarith hesitates, but does take a place at the table, eating slowly.

Everyone noticed Hunter pocket the bread and fork.
Apr 20, 2017 4:04 pm
With a bow to the hosts, Mai'ngor joins the rest at the table. He almost smiles when he notices what Hunter has done, but his eyes fly to the other men, watching how they will react.
Apr 20, 2017 4:13 pm
At this point, your group is alone with Lanniver in the room. Everyone else is outside working on prepping the ferry. Lanniver notices, but says nothing of it.
Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm
Hunter does not even seem sorry, whether through a belief that her palming attempt was successfully discreet, or a lack of care. "Sir Strayl," she begins as a thought occurs, "have you had dealings with dwarves before?"
Apr 20, 2017 4:49 pm
"Oh yes, many times. Blunt and honest almost to a fault," he says, nodding respectfully to Elfog, "You rarely have to wonder what their motivations are. It's always good to have a dwarf on your side, though you'd not want to fight one. Ferocious as cornered wolverines in battle."
Apr 20, 2017 5:00 pm
Hunter nods. "I begin to see why Silverymoon has chosen you as their ambassador to Gauntlgrym."
Apr 20, 2017 10:59 pm
Elfog, worried about Hunter's recent behavior, hadn't been paying much attention to Strayl, until the discussion of dwarves catches his ears.

"Aye, we ain't much for hiding our thoughts or calling those out who need it."

He pauses and glances towards Hunter, "We will give our friends the benefit of the doubt once in a while."
Apr 24, 2017 1:56 pm
Lanniver takes the compliment with a smile and nods to Elfog's comment about giving friends the benefit of the doubt. He seems to take note of the significant look he's given Hunter, but doesn't mention it.

You eat the rest of your food in good spirits (mostly) and shortly after, the man returns, "The ferry is ready when you are."

Apr 24, 2017 4:16 pm
"Excellent," says Hunter, rising from her chair. "Well, Sir Strayl, I hope you have had dealings with dwarves before, as we'll soon be at Gauntlgrym."

Rolls

Secret Roll

Apr 24, 2017 4:18 pm
I lean towards Elfog. "Didn't he just say he's had dealings with dwarves, or did I miss something?"
Apr 24, 2017 9:28 pm
"Aye. Something ain't right with Hunter" Elfog responds to Xeliss as he stands from his seat and glares at the sorceress.

"Out with it!! What in hells is going on with ya!!"
Apr 24, 2017 10:28 pm
Hunter freezes in the process of taking a final bit of bread to her lips, her other hand on the butter knife. After a bit of mental processing, and determining that she is indeed the target of Elfog's ire, Hunter answers with all seriousness, "What?"
Apr 24, 2017 10:50 pm
His face starting to redden with anger, Elfog takes a deep breath, and slams both of his palms down on the table, leaning forward, directly towards Hunter.

"YOU. AIN'T. RIGHT!" he yells. "Stealing the eatery! Forgettin' things that just been said! Laughing at jokes no one eve' told."

"You ain't right!"

Elfog takes another deep breath and sits down hard into his chair, crossing his arms in front of his chest, and staring directly at Hunter.
Apr 25, 2017 12:05 am
Hunter narrows her eyes and plants the butter knife point-first onto the table, and rests her hand upon it. Her other hand is on her hip, as though holding court. "What's got into your granite ass?" she asks, irritably.
Apr 25, 2017 12:30 am
Elfog continues to stare directly at Hunter, silently steaming, and doesn't say a word.
Apr 25, 2017 12:56 am
"No? Anyone else? Get it out right now while we have time," snaps Hunter, pressing the rounded point of the butter knife into the table. Her lower eyelid twitches on one side, causing her to squint in severe concentration.
Apr 25, 2017 2:10 am
Elfog looks around the table at the others, "Just me then, eh?"
Apr 25, 2017 2:11 am
"What happened with that necklace, Hunter? The one you've been obsessing over."

Rolls

Insight? - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Apr 25, 2017 1:26 pm
Xeliss can tell something is off, but not what it is exactly.
Apr 25, 2017 1:27 pm
Lanniver leans back in his chair and doesn't say anything, more than willing to let you all have it out before the mission begins in earnest.
Apr 25, 2017 4:30 pm
"I have the necklace," says Hunter, reaching up with her butter knife-wielding hand to pull a part of her robes open and flash the large onyx with encircling diamonds around her neck, dangerously baring more skin than is decent and pressing the blade to her collarbone. "What does it have to do with anything? Does it make you jealous that I have it? Does it feel like a callous lover left you for undamaged goods?"

As she rants, Hunter voice has taken on a quiver. Her eyes glisten, shades of pink touching the corners where tears threaten to overflow.
Apr 28, 2017 7:56 am
"You have not been yourself, Hunter. Elfog is not the only one who has noticed." Mai'ngor says in his deep voice. "If I had to guess, I would say that necklace has put an enchantment over you."

"Now please put down the knife."
Last edited April 28, 2017 7:58 am

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

Arcana - (1d20)

Persuasion (with Inspiration) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

May 1, 2017 3:23 am
OOC:
I'm just going to let you guys play this out amongst yourselves :)
May 1, 2017 7:36 am
"It's pretty and it's flawless, unlike myself," she mutters in a low voice, a tear streaking down Hunter's cheek.

She pulls her hand down and casts her eyes upon the dull blade, smeared with fat and oil. She snorts and looks back to Mai'ngor. "Like this could do anything," she spits, whether at Mai'ngor's intimation or her own folly is left unclear. Hunter pulls her robes back together and stalks out of room, legs picking up speed as she passes the counter and moves to exit the building.
May 2, 2017 3:46 am
Lanniver stands as Hunter leaves, "Will your friend be alright?"
May 2, 2017 10:24 pm
I stare after Hunter as she walks out. "We need to help her before that necklace messes her up for good..."
May 2, 2017 10:40 pm
"We'll make sure of it!" Elfog responds to Lanniver as he heads out just behind Xeliss.

"What makes ya think it's the lass' necklace?" he asks.
Last edited May 3, 2017 11:46 pm
May 3, 2017 3:25 am
"I heard the shopkeeper at the jewelry store. The necklace is called Elayna's Sorrow. There is a legend attached, something about a heartbroken farm girl who threw herself to her death. I fear our dear Hunter may be possessed by Elayna, and that she may end up hurting herself."
Last edited May 3, 2017 5:11 am
May 3, 2017 3:38 am
"I'm still not sure. I never saw her buy that necklace and thought nothing of it, but then she was looking over a necklace the other night in the room. It looked kinda similar, although I didn't get a good look at it in the store. And then she started acting all funny..."
Last edited May 3, 2017 3:39 am
May 3, 2017 6:16 pm
Hunter does not know where she is going, only that she wishes to leave. Almost without realizing that she still has the butter knife and the slice of bread, the half-elf slips the blade into her sash and nibbles absently on the food while she strides on.
May 3, 2017 11:47 pm
"Let's find her and grab that necklace from her then!"
May 6, 2017 6:28 pm
As the party leaves the building, they can see Hunter striding away from the ferry building.
May 8, 2017 3:50 am
I quickly shift into the form of a giant eagle and take to the skies, circling around Hunter for a moment and waiting for the others to catch up. If she notices me before they do, I will dive towards her and attempt to rip the necklace from her with my talons.
OOC:
I will attempt to either rip the necklace off or break it, whichever seems easier to do with talons

Rolls

Talon attack? - (1d20+5, 2d6+3)

1d20+5 : (6) + 5 = 11

2d6+3 : (65) + 3 = 14

May 8, 2017 9:15 pm
Hunter barely sees the eagle swooping down in time and ducks to the ground to avoid the talons. She scrambles to her feet, the front of her robes covered in dust and dirt.
May 8, 2017 9:23 pm
Not knowing that the eagle is one of her companions, Hunter curses and looks for cover in nearby trees or on the ferry.
May 8, 2017 9:28 pm
Hunter sees a small group of trees nearby that would provide perfect cover against the attacks of the eagle.
OOC:
It is close enough that you can make it without even dashing
May 8, 2017 10:25 pm
Hunter makes for the trees, looking for enough cover to shield her from a dive-bombing raptor. Believing that nature is just looking for a meal, Hunter gathers electricity in her palm of her clutched hand, ready to deliver a Shocking Grasp should the eagle try again. Of course it is the large predators that are attracted to me, Hunter thinks to herself. Tear out my heart until I am nothing but droppings in the woods.
May 9, 2017 3:40 am
"Hunter! Mai'ngor calls as he chases after her. "Come back!
OOC:
Dash action. Mai'ngor's speed is 35.
Last edited May 9, 2017 3:41 am
May 9, 2017 3:52 am
Hunter does not attempt to elude nor hide from Mai'ngor, but instead she warns the fey horseman, "Careful, there are eagles about!"
May 9, 2017 4:42 am
Mai'ngor ignores the comment, and decides not to tell the half-elf the eagle's identity. He approaches Hunter with a placating gesture. "Please. Come back. We're all simply worried about you. Let's talk." Eyeing the knife still in her hand, he says, "Let's just get rid of the knife, eh?"
May 9, 2017 5:46 am
Hunter stares. "Yes, worried about me," she says, deadpan delving into sarcasm. "And not the butter knife, which you constantly bring up as stolen. Fine! Have it back." She slips the knife out from her sash and underhand-tosses it to Mai'ngor.
May 9, 2017 6:09 am
Mai'ngor catches the knife. "I don't care about a stolen knife. I was worried you'd hurt yourself with this. What's the matter, Hunter? What's gotten you so distracted and upset lately?"
May 9, 2017 6:52 am
Hunter's mouth works, yet no immediate sound comes forth. Finally, she closes her eyes in a vain attempt to staunch the tears that suddenly flow. "It's just so wrong!" she wails. "Everything I had sacrificed for, ripped away by sheer callousness! Feelings cast aside by the selfishness of the world, like mere playthings discarded by a spoiled child! The drow, the demons, the nobility; damn them all!"

The half-elf draws one of her daggers, its sharpened blade a definite article of war. She waves it in front of Mai'ngor's face. "Worried about that, you say?" she asks, referring to the butter knife. "You only see what's in front of you. Like those before, you do not know what I am inside..." Hunter lifts her other hand as the electricity winks out, and mutters low to herself, "... what I am capable of."

She turns to Mai'ngor, eyes red from the tears that streak her dust-caked cheeks, and her fingers elongate and sharpen into long and terrible claws. "Let me show you, then."

Rolls

Alter Self, Wild Magic Surge - (1d20)

(14) = 14

May 9, 2017 3:17 pm
As Hunter tries to change her fingers to claws, she feels the magic warp. In moments, you see a young woman of no more than twenty years standing in front of you. She has dark hair spilling down her back and big blue eyes. She's quite beautiful, until the transformation completes and she has a bright red scar covering all of the features on the left side of her face.
May 10, 2017 7:14 am
A coy smile crosses the woman's face, and she delicately lifts and turns her hands over to inspect them. She pauses, staring into thought. Then she looks up, and for a brief moment there is a hint of recognition as she gazes upon Mai'ngor, but it quickly dissolves and she turns to leave him.
Last edited May 10, 2017 7:15 am
May 10, 2017 10:32 pm
Having had enough Elfog will quickly run up behind Hunter and grab her by the arm. "Where ya think ya headed, Lass?"
May 10, 2017 10:51 pm
The woman whirls around, glaring at Elfog. "Let go of me before I call the guard, dwarf," she spits, trying to remove her arm from his grasp.

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20)

(9) = 9

May 10, 2017 11:39 pm
"Not a chance!" Elfog growls, redoubling his effort to keep hold.
OOC:
Grapple?

Rolls

Grapple, Grapple - (1d20+8)

(8) + 8 = 16

May 10, 2017 11:58 pm
The woman screams, pleading for help from a constable, guardsman, or anyone else in the area. Unable to break the dwarf's grip, she pulls in vain, boots sliding in place in the dirt. With desperate eyes, she looks to her unrestrained arm and the wielded dagger, then to Elfog; she seems ready to combine the two.
May 11, 2017 12:07 am
"Don't even try it!" Elfog says as he catches a glimpse of the drawn dagger. His face starts to redden and his muscles bulge as he pulls Hunter towards him, face to face. "It wouldn't end up well for ya!"

With his hand still clamping her arm he pushes hunter to arm's length. "Are you in there, Hunter" he says in dwarfish, trying to make some sort of connection.
May 11, 2017 12:13 am
May 11, 2017 3:30 am
May 11, 2017 3:40 am
The woman stares at Elfog as the dwarf speaks in a different language.

Rolls

Secret Roll

May 11, 2017 4:27 am
May 11, 2017 5:16 am
Mai'ngor watches the two struggle, unsure what to do, for fear of harm to either one.
May 11, 2017 6:30 am
After a bit of silence, the woman finally reacts. With a pleading scream, she lifts the dagger high in an obvious attempt to stab down at the angry dwarf.
May 12, 2017 5:24 pm
Before she's able to plunge the dagger into her companion, Hunter freezes up.

May 12, 2017 6:10 pm
"A little help!" Elfog pleads with the others. "I don't want to be hurting her!"
May 12, 2017 6:37 pm
The dagger trembles in the woman's grip, hovering above her head. With a river of tears matching the flow under the ferry, she stares unblinking at Elfog without really looking at the dwarf. Through the window of her eyes lies panic, fear, and confusion.
May 12, 2017 7:17 pm
May 12, 2017 7:48 pm
The woman's arm in Elfog's grip twitches. Not in an attempt to escape, but as means of gesturing. It doesn't get far.
May 12, 2017 7:55 pm
OOC:
Does Elfog have a good view of the necklace?
May 12, 2017 7:58 pm
OOC:
Most of the onyx and diamonds are hidden beneath Hunter's robes, but the gold chain is visible around her neck.
May 12, 2017 9:09 pm
With his free hand Elfog will make a grab for the gold chain around Hunter's necklace.

Rolls

Sleight of Hand? - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

May 13, 2017 1:44 am
Elfog manages to grab hold of the chain, but when he tugs on it, nothing happens besides tugging Hunter/Elayna's head downward and sending a wave of energy up his arm.
May 13, 2017 7:06 am
The woman glares at Elfog. "Unhand me, you stumpy little turd!" she hisses, cheeks flushing red in both anger and embarrassment.
Last edited May 13, 2017 7:07 am

Rolls

Wisdom Save - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

May 15, 2017 12:48 am
Hunter's appearance begins to change back to normal and she is overcome with exhaustion and slumps down to the ground.
OOC:
Hunter advances to the first level of exhaustion
May 15, 2017 1:47 am
Without releasing his grip on the necklace, Elfog will kneel down besides Hunter... "Can you get this thing off of ya?" he asks, gently tugging at the chain.
Last edited May 15, 2017 1:48 am
May 15, 2017 7:20 am
Hunter closes her eyes and mumbles something incoherent, though a choice curse or two in dwarvish might be understood. She lets go of her dagger and reaches with her free hand over to Elfog's grip, where she gives a weak tug as if to gesture something obvious.
May 15, 2017 10:05 pm
No longer concerned with restraining hunter the barbarian grabs the chain with both hands. Taking a few deeps breaths his face starts to redden as he attempts to rip the chain in two.
OOC:
Raging to get an advantage on a strength check.

Rolls

RIP - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

1d20+5 : (7) + 5 = 12

May 16, 2017 2:22 am
Elfog pulls and pulls on the chain, trying to snap the links, but nothing happens.

May 16, 2017 6:56 am
Hunter tightens her eyes, wincing as Elfog's efforts seem to produce more pain than any other result. "Stop, already," she grits, waving her hand dismissively to get the dwarf to stop. "I'll need a wizard or a priest. Just... for now, let's just get to Gauntlgrym."
May 16, 2017 7:40 am
Is that wise? Maybe a priest now, before we set off? Maingor suggests vaguely.
May 16, 2017 3:40 pm
"And there happens to be one hiding in the bushes?" Hunter snaps. She sighs after a pause, and continues. "I'm sorry. I... this is very tiring. I should not take it out on you all."
May 18, 2017 2:18 am
I land, switching to my regular gnomish form before approaching the others. "Well? Is it done? You alright, Hunter?"
May 18, 2017 6:46 am
Hunter tries to lean back, but is restrained by Elfog's grip upon the necklace. "I am fine, for now," she answers. "I suppose there's no hiding the fact that Elayna has joined our entourage, though I hope it is only a temporary arrangement."

She pauses, and her voice lowers. "I worry what might happen if she should gather strength."
May 18, 2017 5:20 pm
OOC:
Anything else before we move on to the next scene?
May 18, 2017 10:38 pm
Elfog releases his grip on Hunter's necklace and takes a step back, taking deep breaths as he comes down from his rage.

"Hope I didn't hurt ya"
OOC:
Good here as well.
May 23, 2017 3:24 am
It isn't long before you are taken to board the ferry for your long journey down the river. The trip is blissfully uneventful and you find that Lanniver is charming and straightforward, exactly what you'd expect from someone of his order.

Once you depart the ferry, there are still a couple of weeks of travel before you actually reach the gates of Gauntlgrym. The dwarves out front are obviously expecting you, and you are led in and through several long tunnels before you reach what the dwarves call the Vault of Kings.

Large enough to enclose a small town, this high-ceilinged chamber rises above a network of bridges, stone towers, and sturdy walls carved from rock and sheathed in iron and mithral. Dozens of smaller chambers lead out from the Vault of Kings, including sprawling residential areas not yet filled by Gauntlgrym's new occupants.

You are each given a very spacious room of your own, "Here be yer rooms," one of the guards says, "Glad to have ye here. It'll be a couple more days afore the rest of the groups show up, so make yourselves at home and let anybody know if ye need a thing. Try not to wander about too much, much o' Gauntlgrym is still wild, but you should be safe visiting the Great Forge or Iron Tabernacle if ye get bored."
May 23, 2017 3:27 am
May 23, 2017 5:02 am
Hunter delights in the construction around her, marveling at the artistry behind the earth and stone. She doesn't know why specifically, but she finds herself eager to absorb every detail, exhibiting a predilection for the ground she walks upon and walks beneath.

"Have earth magic?" asks Hunter in her broken dwarvish. "Study I would like and learn. May thou hast library or Arcaneum?"

She then realizes something. "You say 'rest of groups,'" she repeats, still in Dwarvish. "Who comes?"
May 24, 2017 5:01 am
"Uh, ye mean, like a library? Can't say that we do, but you could visit the Iron Tabernacle, lots o' magic types down there," the dwarf replies, "Eh, I'm not too sure. Probly the Harpers, and whatnot. Ye'd have to ask King Bruenor, but he won't be ready for ye til later."
May 24, 2017 5:03 am
May 24, 2017 7:08 am
Hunter will make her way to the Iron Tabernacle to either do some light research, learn some interesting tricks, or generally stick her nose into arcane business.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Secret Roll

May 25, 2017 5:06 am
Hunter also attempts to speak dwarvish whenever possible, trying to improve on her elementary-level and broken dialect.
May 25, 2017 8:50 pm
You make your way to the Iron Tabernacle and find an absolutely massive chamber. It would easily hold an entire surface village within it. It obviously has lost some of its former glory, as some passages off of it have collapsed and many statues are partially crumbled. Nevertheless it is still a warm place where a number of priests mill about, seeing to the spiritual needs of the dwarven peoples.

You realize when you get there that you'd have no idea where to even start looking for info.
May 25, 2017 9:24 pm
Elfog, thrilled to be around fellow dwarves, greets the guard and asks about the Iron Tabernacle.

"Got to drop me friend off here" he says, motioning to Beard, "but if you could point me to the Iron Tabernacle I'll be heading off in that direction right after.".
May 26, 2017 7:43 pm
"If ye'd like company, I'll take ye there. It can get kinda confusin' around here until yer used to it," the guard offers, "Could always use a bit o' holy water anyway."

Elfog knows well that when a dwarf says "holy water" he really means strong ale.
May 26, 2017 7:48 pm
"Let's be off then!" Eflog says, giving the guard a hearty slap on the shoulder.
May 27, 2017 2:24 am
The dwarf, Ernig Stoutshield by name, leads you through a number of twisting passages toward the Iron Tabernacle, chattering all the while. As you make your way through, you are stunned by the size of the place. The way you figure it, the journey to the Tabernacle must have been over a mile altogether.

"Ah, here we are, brother," Ernig says happily, clapping Elfog on the shoulder as you enter the main chamber of the Iron Tabernacle. You are immediately overwhelmed by the size of the place, which is filled with massive statues, grand archways leading to other areas, and a multitude of altars.

Priests mill about, speaking to the visitors and offering praise to the dwarven gods. As you enter the room, you are confronted by a dwarven ghost, which stares at you for a full twenty seconds, then bows low while looking at the axe strapped across your back and makes his way out through a wall.

Ernig chuckles, "Suppose I shoulda warned ye about that. There's quite a few o' them ghostly fellas around here. Most of 'em seem to be harmless, but don't go wandering too far from the main room here, just in case."
May 27, 2017 2:49 am
Hunter wanders through the Iron Tabernacle, completely lost. She jumps back in shock and fright as a "ghost" appears, but it's just an old dwarf.

Trying to hide her embarrassment, she clears her throat and says in archaic and broken dwarvish, "Prithee a time from you? Looking for magick man or holy man."
Last edited May 27, 2017 2:49 am
May 27, 2017 3:49 am
In the not too distant past such a sight would have been enough to unnerve the mighty barbarian but after his experiences in the Underdark, Elfog shrugs it off as if it were a daily occurrence.

"More than one of 'em running about, ye say?" Elfog asks. "Any idea what they be wanting?"
May 28, 2017 9:10 pm
"Ah, there be priests all about, just look for the ones in robes, girl," the guard says to Hunter, pointing around the room to show where are few are near to you.

"Lots o' them around, can't rightly say what they want, but they seem harmless," the guard assures Elfog.
May 28, 2017 9:56 pm
"Well then" Elfog says with a smile "I think it's time for some holy water."
May 28, 2017 10:26 pm
It takes Mai'ngor a considerable amount of time re-acclimatizing to the underground. When he finally emerges from his assigned room he wanders the Vault of Kings for a bit before heading for the Great Forge.
May 28, 2017 11:59 pm
Hunter thanks the guard and wanders over to one of the robed dwarves, seeking an audience. "Prithee good sir/ma'am," the half-elf tries, "what needed might can make remove of something cannot remove?" She frowns, stumbling over the grammar.
May 31, 2017 12:05 am
Mai'ngor - Great Forge
Mai'ngor makes his way to the fabled great forge. Along the way, he is given several odd glances by some of the dwarves, but largely left alone. When he first enters the great forge, he sees that it is a huge chamber with many screened off sections leading off from it.

It is almost unbearably hot, and the noise of working forges is constant. Looking about, he sees carts of ore waiting to be worked by the master dwarven smiths. Scattered about the place are raised daises and shallow pits all connected by crisscrossing catwalks, mixed with a genius set-up of pulleys for easy transportation of goods, supplies, and water around the forge area.

Then he sees an almost unbelievable sight; the anvils are made of pure adamantine!

Hunter - Iron Tabernacle
A priest hears your words and listens patiently, then sticks a finger in his ear, "Eh, what's that"? he says in common to Hunter with a slightly confused look.

Elfog - Iron Tabernacle
Ernig smiles, "Ah, it's always time for holy water, me friend!" he says, and then leads you off into another chamber, where you are served alcohol. After the first taste, you are convinced that this is the finest ale you've ever had!
May 31, 2017 12:41 am
Hunter clears her throat, cheeks flushed. "Um. Yes, I'm... asking for a friend," she says in common, switching to dwarvish when she says 'friend' (hereafter designated in italics). "If a friend has something that cannot be taken off due to some magic, what is needed to reverse its effects?"
May 31, 2017 1:04 am
Hunter
"Hmm... There are certain spells that could remove a curse, I suppose," the dwarf priest says after a minute's thought.
May 31, 2017 2:20 am
Mai'ngor tries to stay out of the way of the busy dwarves, and bows to any who spare him a glance. He approaches one of the anvils. "Marvelous!" he exclaims, addressing no one in particular.
May 31, 2017 2:37 am
"I see," says Hunter, in thought. "What is required to use such a spell?"
Jun 1, 2017 5:19 pm
Hunter
"Nothin' really, just a powerful enough priest. It don't work on every curse, though. Some o' them are harder to remove."

Mai'ngor
The anvil stands unguarded, and Mai'ngor is able to get up to it to view its incredible workmanship. You figure that just one of these is worth enough money to feed a good-sized town for months, if not longer.
Jun 1, 2017 5:29 pm
"I... mean, my friend has something that cannot be removed," says Hunter, mixing in dwarvish words in order to practice. "To whom would I speak to find out if this item is one of the harder ones?"
Jun 1, 2017 8:47 pm
Hunter
"Well, I'd take it to the high priest, if I were yer friend."
Jun 1, 2017 8:49 pm
Mai'ngor tries to see if he can watch one of the dwarven master smiths at work.
Jun 1, 2017 9:10 pm
Mai'ngor walks around until he finds a master smith at work and stops to watch. He is immediately impressed, as the dwarf works tirelessly on a beautiful suit of plate armor, sized for a dwarf. His hammer never slows and his focus doesn't waver, showing patience for the craft that very few outside of dwarfkind will ever know.

Eventually he pauses to takes a drink of a flask of whiskey at his side, and then he notices Mai'ngor watching, "Oy there, never seen one o' your kind around here. Like what ye see? Practicin' for a suit o' mail I'm gonna give to King Bruenor hisself!" he says proudly with a wide toothy smile on his face.
Jun 1, 2017 9:30 pm
The tikbalang bows. "Greetings, master dwarf. My name is Mai'ngor. That is exquisite work!"
Jun 1, 2017 10:39 pm
Hunter curtsies. "Where may I find the top priest?"
Jun 2, 2017 4:08 pm
After a few ales Elfog sits backs and simply relaxes for a bit. It's been too long since he's been among his own kind and is thoroughly enjoying himself.

"I think I'll have me another!"
Last edited June 2, 2017 4:08 pm
Jun 5, 2017 5:07 pm
Mai'ngor
"Name's Dreg Alehammer, thanks and good to meet ye," the smith replies, "What's brought ye to our little city?"

Hunter
"Top priest is Vex Foeblinder," the dwarf says in response to Hunter's inquiry, "He should be around somewhere if you want me to help ye find him."

Elfog
As Elfog enjoys his drinks with Ernig, a small group of other dwarves joins him at the table.

"Where are ye from, friend?" one of them asks.
Jun 5, 2017 5:27 pm
Hunter nods. "Please," she says, hoping she got the dwarvish inflection right. "I would like to to speak with dad Foeblinder."
Last edited June 5, 2017 5:29 pm
Jun 5, 2017 5:35 pm
"My friends and I recently escaped from the Underdark, where we were witness to some horrible, otherworldly things. I believe we are waiting for an audience with King Bruenor."
Jun 6, 2017 12:04 am
"Oakshoulder Clan of the Citadel Felbarr" Elfog responds proudly.

"Damned Drow nabbed me during a hunt. Must've been a score of 'em at least! Took out a good half of 'em before they finally got ta me." Elfog slightly exaggerates before telling them his tales of the Underdark.
Jun 7, 2017 1:45 pm
Hunter
With a nod and an odd look at the word "dad", the dwarf leads you deeper into the tabernacle. Eventually, he stops at a on the side of the chamber and knocks. A few moments later, a voice calls out for you to enter. The priest opens the door and steps in, introducing you before you enter.

When you enter, you see an aged dwarf with a full black beard, but a bald head. He wears slightly dirty robes and has an amulet with the symbols of the dwarven gods around his neck, "What can I do for ye, lass?"

Mai'ngor
"What were ye doin' down there? Yer people live there?" the smith asks, curious about your people.

Elfog
The other dwarves cheer as you announce how many drow you killed, "Damned drow are all worthless!" one calls out, and the others cheer.

"Our brothers from Felbarr are welcome here. Delzoun blood in us all, ye know!" another dwarf says and leaves to get the next round of drinks.
Jun 7, 2017 2:29 pm
"No, my people live... lived on the surface. Our village lay atop a great mountain range in the northlands. Our village was destroyed, so I went wandering. And then I was captured by the drow."
Jun 7, 2017 4:03 pm
Hunter curtsies, and relates the story behind her necklace and pendant, followed by the inability to physically remove it. She asks what is required to break the attachment, whether it may be a simple ceremony or the fulfillment of some other obligation. Hunter tries to insert as much dwarvish as possible, but often applies either the literal translation out of context or an archaic term; grammar itself sometimes poses a problem.
Jun 7, 2017 10:53 pm
Elfog lifts his mug in response to the cheering and takes a long swig of ale before slamming it back down on the table. It feels good to be back among his own kind, sharing some heroic tales and plenty of holy water.

Wiping his mouth with his forearm he leans back in his chair. "Aye, it be true, most Drow aren't worth a damned... but if it weren't for Sarith... well, wouldn't be here talking to ye, me friends. One in a million shot fer sure, but damned if he ain't a decent one."
Jun 9, 2017 3:28 am
Mai'ngor
The dwarf nods, "Ah, but that's a sad story, for sure. Well, I'm sure King Bruenor'll be able to help ye, not to worry. I'd better get back to work on this. Feel free to stick around, if yer bored."

Hunter
Vex listens carefully to your tale, and is briefly silent once you're finished.

"Let me see it," he says and, assuming you show him, says a quick prayer and continues, "Hmm, this is odd. There be a curse on it, but it ain't one to harm ye."

He says a couple more prayers on it, "Ah, I won't be able to take this off ye, girl. Not without spending a fortune on supplies for me spell. Is it causin' ye trouble?"

Elfog
"That's true, there do be some good drow out there," Ernig says, and some of the others nod, likely thinking of King Bruenor's dark-skinned friend, "Still, the bad ones are a lotta fun to smash with a hammer, ain't they?"
Jun 9, 2017 7:30 am
"No," Hunter admits. "There be a presence in this necklace, though. I can feel her, like she is inhabiting my very essence. I believe she can perceive the world as I do, but... Well, do you mind if I try something magic? I feel that I should warn you that unpredictable things can happen. And the last time I tried, she came forth."

If given permission to proceed, Hunter attempts to cast Alter Self and fashion a set of elongated talons from her fingertips.

Rolls

Wild Magic - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Jun 9, 2017 6:48 pm
"That that they are!" Elfog heartily agrees, raising his mug once again and taking a healthy drink. "Of course I prefer whacking with me ax, given the choice."
Last edited June 9, 2017 6:48 pm
Jun 10, 2017 9:50 pm
Hunter
Vex nods his assent and leans forward to watch the casting with interest.

As Hunter casts her spell, she feels the presence of Elayna come out from the back of her mind to see what's happening. She doesn't seem inclined to try to take control, though and the transformation goes off without a hitch.
Jun 10, 2017 11:49 pm
Hunter closes her eyes as she feels her fingers lengthen and stretch, pointed claws reaching outward. "This is a good sign, in a way," she says, caressing her own cheek to feel the contour. "Good rock. I was afraid that tapping into the arcane might cause a loss of control."

She wills away the transformation, returning to her true self. "I feel her, watching. She might even be to know of you," says Hunter to the priest. "What would be needed for your spell? I understand it would be high... er.. what's that word... un-cheap? But if I come across them in my travels, would that help?"
Jun 12, 2017 12:40 pm
"Well, if ye happen to find 'em, I would be happy to cast the spell for ye. Ye'd need... a scale of a red dragon, a basilisk eye, a large sapphire, and the horn of a satyr. I don't know how ye're gonna find 'em, though..."
Jun 12, 2017 6:23 pm
Hunter attempts to commit the list to memory. "I know not, either," she admits, "but it is a starting point." She gives a wry smile as she studies Vex.

"Thank you, kind father," Hunter says with a curtsy. "You have given me a hoard to think about. I should prepare for my meet now, so I ask for your leave."

As she departs, she adds, "And thank you again, for letting me practice my dwarvish. I hope it wasn't too confusing. I extend my sorry for that."

Rolls

Insight, does he really need all that? - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Jun 12, 2017 7:20 pm
"O' course, lass. If you find the stuff, please bring it here and I will lift the curse from yer shoulders. Yer Dwarvish is fine. The stuff is rare, but the spell won't destroy it, so ye can keep it when we're done with it"

As far as Hunter can tell, he's being totally truthful.
Jun 13, 2017 5:23 pm
Hunter takes her leave, and returns to her room to freshen up for the group's meeting with the king. She also checks with the others to see how they fare.
Jun 17, 2017 1:38 am
Jun 17, 2017 1:39 am
A few hours later, a couple of dwarves in fine armor show up at the door to your rooms, "King Bruenor sent us to see if ye're available for a meetin' with 'im."
Jun 17, 2017 2:58 am
Hunter rises. "Yes. Thank you for your call. Please show me the way to His Majesty." She gathers her bag and her staff, and leaves the rest of her weapons and equipment in the room.
Jun 17, 2017 6:23 pm
"Let me gather my things" a weary Elfog states. He doesn't remember coming back to his room, obviously an effect of the holy water from earlier.

"All be right there."
Jun 18, 2017 4:47 pm
Mai'ngor has lost track of time and is still at the Forge. His room is empty when the summons arrived there.
Jun 19, 2017 8:06 pm
Everyone steps out if their rooms to meet the dwarves. Sarith looks very tired, but he remains alert.

As you all come out, the dwarves look around, "Where's the horse-man?"
Jun 19, 2017 8:11 pm
Hunter holds her hands open and shrugs, with no idea.
Jun 20, 2017 9:08 pm
"Not like 'im to be late."

"Anyone know where he headed when we got here?"
Jun 21, 2017 1:48 am
"We'll leave someone 'ere to wait for 'im to come back and send 'im on 'is way," one of the dwarves says with a shrug and begins to lead you to the king's audience chamber.

You are taken to a mighty hall in which a red-haired dwarf of fierce and proud demeanor sits upon a massive stone throne, flanked by a number of guards and advisors. Although a long stone table has been set to one side, laid out with refreshments, there do not appear to be any other guests. "Welcome, friends," says the king. "I've a mind to know about the rumblings and rumors about goings· on in the depths outside my city. If ye relate to me what ye know, we can talk about what ye might want to do next."
Jun 21, 2017 3:12 am
Hunter curtsies low. She knew they were to be granted an audience with the king, but now that the moment is upon her, she finds herself a bit unprepared. Fearful that her elementary knowledge of dwarvish might accidentally lend insult, Hunter sticks to Common as she relates the tale of the group's adventure in the Underdark.

The sorcerer speaks of their capture by the drow and the opportunity to flee when daemons attacked Velkynvelve, though she minimizes the drow's influence in favor of emphasizing the abyssal fiends. She tells the story of Sloobludop and their tenuous alliance with a kuo-toa faction, only to flee as the Prince of Demons (she dare not speak its name) rose from the depths of Darklake. Hunter talks about their arrival at Blingdenstone and helping the svirfneblin combat the prophet of Juiblex. She even includes their visit to Neverlight Grove to return their small myconid sprout, and how the elder myconids provided directions to the surface, where they emerged near Silverymoon. Hunter finishes with the daemonic ambush within the city itself, how the glabrezu and balgura wrapped themselves in the illusions of memories, which prompted the Magister to ask for their journey to Gauntlegrym.

She offers her observations. "I know not what causes these incursions, but I believe this has been in effect for quite some time. The kuo-toa faction devoted to the Prince of Demons were well-entrenched, offering numerous sacrifices. The deep gnomes faced many battles against the oozes and slimes and the mad prophet of The Faceless Lord spoke of preparations."
Jun 22, 2017 1:29 am
King Bruenor listens intently to the story and is silent once it's over. "That's troubling," he says quietly, "Ye've given me much to think about. We're having a feast in two days. There'll be people from most o' the major factions. If ye could, speak to them at the feast, see who may be willing to help us deal with what's going on here."
Jun 22, 2017 1:30 am
Sarith sits quietly through the re-telling of the tale and looks pale (as pale as a drow can look) when it's over, "It's horrible... I thought I'd felt real evil in my home... Seeing the Prince of Demons was... something else."
Jun 22, 2017 12:55 pm
Having finally wandered back to his quarters and been told the audience with the king is in progress, Mai'ngor hurriedly makes his way to the audience chamber. As soon as he is allowed in he bows low, embarrassed, and waits quietly in the back of the room.
Jun 22, 2017 4:11 pm
"Please forgive my ignorance," Hunter begins, "and my speaking plainly, but what help are you expecting from these representatives? You are going to deal with his threat, how?"
Jun 23, 2017 11:57 am
Bruenor doesn't mention Mai'ngor's absence and merely nods at him in greeting.

"Normally, we would have the resources to pull off an underdark expedition ourselves, but the re-opening of Gauntlgrym has taxed us greatly and we're just starting to recover. I feel we're going to need their help before this is all over."
Jun 23, 2017 4:14 pm
Hunter is quiet as she mulls the king's words.
Jun 26, 2017 1:13 am
OOC:
Is there anything else you'd like to do in the next two days?
Jun 27, 2017 10:56 pm
OOC:
Hunter tries to find some arcane school or representative amongst the dwarves to study magic. Otherwise, she spends her time trying to make herself useful in this place, participating in any excavations or smoothing out of tunnels and passageways. Throughout it all, she practices her dwarvish, hoping everyone's patient with her attempts.
Jun 27, 2017 11:08 pm
OOC:
Elfog would like partake in some more holy water and see if he can get on the locals to show him about the place. Particularly interested in the mining that may be going on.
Jun 27, 2017 11:15 pm
OOC:
Forgot to add that Hunter would like to involve Sarith somehow, just so the drow isn't cooped up in his room all the time. Whether the dwarves will allow him free access is another question.
"You've been hitting that water pretty heavily," Hunter mentions to Elfog during a down period. "Let's see how much of a tolerance you've built up." She grabs a mug and prepares to challenge the dwarf; heck, anyone that's around.
Jun 27, 2017 11:25 pm
"Well, I can handle meself!" Elfog says with pride before breaking into a sly smile. "Not sure about you skinny types though..."
Jun 28, 2017 1:59 am
As you sit to drink, a couple other dwarves wander over, "Mind if we join ye?"

Sarith also takes a seat, but doesn't partake, choosing merely to watch, "10 pieces of gold on Elfog... Anyone care to bet?"
OOC:
Elfog, Hunter, give me a con check for each of you. Elfog's will be with Advantage!
Jun 28, 2017 2:09 am
"Smart man, ye are" Elfog says, giving a nod and a raise of the mug to Sarith.

"Try and keep up now!"
OOC:
Hahahahahaha - lightweight!!!

I assumed saving throw vs check, if it's a check subtract 3 from the rolls.
Last edited June 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Rolls

Constituion ST (with advantage) - (1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (4) + 7 = 11

1d20+7 : (3) + 7 = 10

Jun 28, 2017 3:19 am
Hunter welcomes the added competition and throws back the holy water, grimacing at the burn with a wild relish.
OOC:
Constitution check or saving throw? If saving throw, add 3 to Hunter's roll.

Rolls

Constitution check - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Jun 29, 2017 4:13 pm
It appears that the dwarves had tried to much holy water already and they pass out or vomit rather quickly. Amazingly, the tiny half-elf winds the contest!

Sarith grumbles as he hands over a small handful of coins.
OOC:
It was supposed to be a check :P
Jun 29, 2017 4:24 pm
Hunter burps, slamming her mug down onto the table. Her giggles turn into a mad cackle, and stands to lift her arms high in victory.

Then the room spins, and she stumbles backward over her chair to briefly join the contestants on the floor.
OOC:
Channeling her inner Marion Ravenwood there!
Jun 29, 2017 10:39 pm
"Well... job... Hanter..." Elfog slurs from his position on the floor.
Jul 1, 2017 6:48 pm
Sarith moves over and offers a hand to Elfog, "Get up, you drunken fool, before you fall asleep here," he says seriously, but there is the barest hint of a smile pulling at the corner of his mouth.
Jul 1, 2017 8:01 pm
Over the next two days Mai'ngor becomes more and more withdrawn. He is never to be found in his quarters—no one's certain if he is even sleeping anymore. When he is sighted it's always while aimlessly wandering the myriad halls of Gauntlgrym. When hailed, the horse-man returns the greeting cheerily enough, and sometimes even stops for conversation with his hosts in much the same way he spoke briefly with Dreg Alehammer at the Forge. But more often Mai'ngor keeps to himself. On these wanderings he has taken to talking to Sinag. Telepathically when others are near, out loud when they are not.

Last edited July 1, 2017 8:27 pm
Jul 1, 2017 8:51 pm
Jul 1, 2017 11:07 pm
"Lasssss con drinks" Elfog says as Sarith helps him to his feet. He holds both of his arms out, trying to maintain his balance, slurring promises of how he'll get "sarif" his "glud cons" back.
Jul 5, 2017 1:59 pm
Two days later you are called upon again and led to a huge feast hall. The banners of numerous factions are draped on the walls and many well-to-do people mill about the tables, making lighthearted conversation. You recognize the banners of the Order of the Gauntlet, The Harpers, The Emerald Enclave, The Lords' Alliance, and even the Zhentarim.

You are led to the high table to sit with Bruenor Battlehammer himself. As you settle in, he stands up and the gathered people go quiet and sit down. He gives thanks to them for coming and offers them the warmth and welcome of Gauntlgrym, as well as the blessings of the dwarven gods.

With that, you settle in and enjoy the best meal that you've had in ages while you participate in conversation with those around you.
Once the meal is over, you are led into a side chamber for a small meeting with just Bruenor.

"I've told the allies ye met tonight what ye told me," he says. "I invited them here to learn what is happening, to share what we know, and to get their backing for what it is I propose. Ye have braved the Underdark and lived to tell the tale. Ye know, better than anyone, what it is we face, but we need to know more.

"The Zhentarim have a stake in a secret Underdark trading post called Mantoi-Derith. If ye can get them on our side, they'll guide ye there, where ye can meet with one of their agents, Ghazrim Du Loc. He can provide ye with a map to Graven hollow. It's a legendary place built by the stone giants long ago. said to contain all the knowledge of the depths. If there's answers to be found for what has happened, ye might find them there. If ye are willing to go back, that is.

"I don't propose to send ye into the dark unprepared, and I hope ye make an impression on those gathered here so they'll support our cause and your mission. From all I've seen and heard, there's no one better to do what needs be done.

"So, what say ye?"
Jul 5, 2017 4:24 pm
"I suspected that this was not going to be a simple escort," Hunter laments. "Therefore, I am not surprised. What does surprise me is that I am... I guess I'm willing to go." She looks to the others.
Jul 5, 2017 9:02 pm
"Why should things be getting simple now?" Elfog responds to Hunter with a laugh. "Back to that hell hole it is then!"
Jul 5, 2017 9:16 pm
"You can count on Sinag and I."
Jul 6, 2017 12:44 pm
Sarith sighs, "There's no place like home, right?"
Jul 6, 2017 4:17 pm
Hunter settles back. "What do we know of the Zhentarim? Or their representative here? What do they want?" Even as she asks, she tries to recall more information than what she's heard through rumor and gossip.

Rolls

History - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

Jul 6, 2017 9:35 pm
"Ye ever heard of these Zhentarim, Sarith?" Elfog asks, assuming anyone that lives in the Underdark must certainly know everything that goes on there.
Jul 7, 2017 12:06 am
"They're kinda shady, it's true," Bruenor says, "Selfish and self-reliant, but they are well connected. Like I said, they have an outpost in the Underdark that'll be important to our goals there, so it's important that we get them on board with us."

Hunter knows that the Zhentarim are an organization that seeks power and wealth above all else. They put on a benign front, but they aren't above getting their hands dirty to get what they want. They are rumored to be heavily affiliated with the black market, are very protective of their own, and are a group you don't want to get on the bad side of.

Sarith thinks for a moment, "I haven't had dealings with them personally, but their touch reaches even down below the surface. They are big in circles that like to import goods and services from the surface world."
Jul 7, 2017 12:21 am
"Goods?" Elfog asks, remembering his capture. "They importing people?"
Last edited July 7, 2017 12:21 am
Jul 7, 2017 12:23 am
"I don't think the Zhentarim are involved in importing people, no,' Sarith says, shaking his head, "My people do that on their own."
Jul 7, 2017 12:25 am
Hunter looks to King Battlehammer. "I doubt the Zhentarim will offer their assistance for the good of everyone. I wager they'll want something in return, and I am fearful they will seek compensation from you, Your Majesty."
Jul 7, 2017 12:28 am
"Then it's a good thing that we have lots to offer. A good trade deal should be enough to bring 'em around."
Jul 7, 2017 4:22 pm
"If they seek such a deal, who would they speak to from your court?" Hunter asks, assuming that they will not be acting as representatives of Gauntlgrym.
Jul 7, 2017 6:16 pm
"Any trade deals go through me and me council," Bruenor says, "If they don't want to do it without gettin' paid, tell 'em to talk to me."
Jul 9, 2017 8:55 pm
"Was there any questions before we get outta here? If not, then just try to get a chance to visit with the representatives before too long. They should be here a while."
Jul 10, 2017 8:54 pm
OOC:
Who wants to try to cozy up to which faction? Lords' Alliance, Emerald Enclave, Zhentarim, Harpers, Order of the Gauntlet
Jul 11, 2017 1:58 am
OOC:
Hunter will speak to the Zhentarim, since they were discussed first.
Jul 11, 2017 11:21 pm
OOC:
Whichever one is the most Dwarf friendly. :-)
Jul 12, 2017 5:58 pm
Mai'ngor keeps to himself mostly. He responds politely when spoken to but does not initiate conversation. Thoughts of his lost home and his lost people have been weighing heavily on him, and being back underground is doing nothing for his mood. Among the factions present, the representatives of the Emerald Enclave catch his interest the most. Much like they, the tikbalang considered themselves stewards of nature. Mai'ngor wonders, not for the first time, whether his place is among his new friends on this strange mission or if he should return to the wilds where he belongs.
Last edited July 12, 2017 5:58 pm
Jul 13, 2017 1:44 pm
Bruenor dismisses you finally, bidding you to get some rest and then begin your work in the morning. You get an untroubled night of sleep for once and awake refreshed in the morning.
Mai'ngor
You make your way to where you've been told the emissary from the Emerald Enclave is staying. Knocking on the door to the room, you hear a couple of loud thumps and a couple of curses from within and are greeted by a bearded dwarven woman. She looks you up and down for a moment and then steps back to allow you entrance into the room, "Come on in," she says.

You enter to find the room to be the pinnacle of dwarven practicality. Everything has a place and there are no extras in the room aside from a small garden that is somehow growing out from the stone in the corner. She directs you to a seat and sits across the table from you, "Name's Morista Malkin. So, what can I do for ye, horse-man?"
Hunter
You make your way to the sections where the representatives of the Zhentarim are being housed, passing a number of humans that appear to be just relaxing in the halls, but you're almost positive they are lookouts and guards for the leader. Your hunch is proven correct as, when you approach, the door opens on its own.

Entering the room, you find that it's furnished simply, with just a bed, dresser, and a wardrobe in the corner. Sitting in a seat with her back to the wall is a tall and graceful looking woman with long jet-black hair. She smiles as you enter, "Welcome to you, Hunter Galfyne, disciple of Hobren and survivor of the demon lords. I am Davra Jassur, what can I assist you with this day."
OOC:
I'll post the other two in a little bit here :)
Jul 13, 2017 5:07 pm
"Erm....pardon the interruption. My name is Mai'ngor. I...well, I'm not entirely sure why I came to see you. Curiosity about the Emerald Enclave, I suppose. My people are also—*were* also protectors of nature." Abruptly, Mai'ngor rises to leave. "Forgive me...I should not have bothered you..."
Jul 13, 2017 5:08 pm
In her approach to Davra Jassur's room, Hunter has draped her fine emerald cloth around her body like a sari, wrapping the end over her head in a hooded shawl and across her face to conceal everything but her eyes.

"My lady," Hunter says with a polite curtsy. She remains standing, and her eyes assess the other woman's bearing and makes note of her position in the room. "You know much about me, which speaks of your influence and resourcefulness. It is of those qualities that I come to beseech your assistance."

She removes the silken wrap from her face to lend emphasis to her words. "There is a great danger that stems from the Underdark. My escape from the daemonic only serves to highlight the threat that boils beneath, and if left unchecked this invasion will definitely spill over to the surface.

"In order to combat this evil, we seek information. There is a place said to contain this knowledge and from there we hope to glean something about this Abyssal incursion, something that may help prevent the demon lords from ravaging this plane. Unfortunately, the location of this place is unknown to us.

"We believe that the Zhentarim are able to provide us with direction. Your resourcefulness, your influence, may lead us to where we need to go."

Hunter lowers her head in a bow to finish her plea for assistance.
Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm
Xeliss
Xeliss makes her way toward the Harper's quarters. She is met by a few friendly faces on the way, and joined by Sarith before she reaches the room of their emissary. They are let in easily by a guard outside the door; obviously they were told to be expecting you.

Inside if a richly furnished room, a man sits at a table which holds only a chess board. He is staring at it in deep concentration and muttering to himself. At a polite cough from the man who lets you in, the sitting human looks up in surprise, "Oh, I apologize," he says, standing up and moving toward you with a hand extended, "I am Lord Zelraun Roaringhorn of the Harpers, it's very good to meet the both of you."

Now that he's standing you can see the richly embroidered robes that he wears, woven with golden thread and with pictures of stars, moons, and planets covering it. He also wears several expensive-looking rings.

Sarith takes the man's hand after a very slight hesitation, "Sarith," he says simply.
Jul 13, 2017 5:25 pm
Elfog
Asking one of your new dwarven friends, you are directed toward the quarters of the Lords' Alliance members. You are hastily shown to the room of their appointed leader.

He stands as you enter the room and shakes your hand, "My name is Eravien Haund," he says politely, though he doesn't look super excited to be meeting with you, "You must be... Elfog, was it? Survivor of the Underdark, so they say."
Jul 13, 2017 5:30 pm
Mai'ngor
As you stand up to leave, Morista waves for you to sit down, "What's wrong with ye?" she asks bluntly, "If ye be a servant o' nature, then you're welcome to stay."
Hunter
Davra sits and stares for a minute at you and takes your measure. Finally, she nods, "Of course we will help. We must all stand together to stem the tide of darkness, isn't that right?" she asks with a sly smile, then continues, "Such things are difficult and draining of both time and resources, so I have a proposition for you. A simple thing really, if you'd hear me out?"
Jul 13, 2017 5:43 pm
Having spent much of her childhood on the streets, Hunter recognizes the opening lines of someone wanting something in return. Guarded, she answers, "Of course, m'lady."
Jul 13, 2017 5:56 pm
Hunter
Davra smiles sweetly, "What I want is twofold. One, I want an equal share of the treasures you find in the Underdark. Two, I want a full report when you get back. The same one that you give to King Bruenor, nothing left out and nothing hidden. A simple thing, wouldn't you agree?"
Jul 13, 2017 6:41 pm
"Your generosity is unparalleled," says Hunter, her face taking on a pleasant expression of relief. "I do agree that giving you an equal share of the treasures I find in the Underdark, and a full report, are very simple requests. I would be happy to oblige, in exchange for guidance to where we need to go.

"I believe you have agents in the Underdark that can point us in the right direction?"
Jul 13, 2017 7:02 pm
Hunter

Davra laughs a light, melodic laugh, "Very clever! You act as if I've never negotiated before, child," she smiles, "I applaud your efforts, but I want an equal share of your group's treasure."

Jul 13, 2017 7:36 pm
Hunter looks as though something doesn't sit right in her stomach, but she squares her shoulders. "I will need to confer with my group, in that case. In the event that the others disagree, what other services or goods might be open to you?"
Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm
Hunter
"For the assistance I offer, I think that they will be in agreement, but please, take the time that you need. If they don't accept... We will deal with that if it comes up."
Jul 13, 2017 8:44 pm
Hunter curtsies once more and politely takes her leave. She draws her veil closed as she departs and seeks to rejoin the others.
Jul 14, 2017 7:18 pm
"Aye, me friends and I are survivors" Elfog responds, trying to feel out Eravien Haund.

"And hearing of our story, and how whatever is happening down in that place is a threat to all of us good folk on the surface, I can assume that you'd be willing to help us put a stop to it."
OOC:
Eravien Haund? Human?
Jul 14, 2017 7:27 pm
Elfog
Eravien is a half-elf with a noble bearing.

He looks at you for a moment and shakes his head, "To be honest, I hadn't really heard of this before. Why do you think that what's going on down there is such a threat to us? I say we let them all kill each other down there."
Jul 14, 2017 7:58 pm
"I would've felt the same way if it weren't for some of the good folk I met in the 'dark during our escape" the barbarian confides.

"But you think them demons that have been materializin' going to be satisfied staying below ground?" he asks, answering his own question before Eravien can get a word in. "Ain't no way! And they already starting to influence things here above!"

Puffing up his chest and crossing his bare arms in front of him he looks Eravien dead in the eye. Slowly, and deliberately, he says, "We got to put an end to this as soon as we can, and we're going to need all of the help we can get."
Jul 14, 2017 8:06 pm
Elfog
Eravien looks you in the eye for an entire minute, searching for something, and then nods, "Yes, I see that you're truly serious about this. Yes, we can spare some resources to aid you in your task, I think. When you are ready to leave, some of my men will leave with you."
Jul 16, 2017 2:12 am
"Xeliss. Not sure where to start, but you must know why we're here."
Jul 16, 2017 4:33 pm
"Much obliged!" Elfog responds, bowing slightly as he does. "Putting an end to this evil as soon as possible is best for all of us surface folk. With your men's help we'll end it just that much sooner."

Elfog takes his leave and searches for the others.
Jul 17, 2017 8:45 am
Naatkinson says:
Mai'ngor
As you stand up to leave, Morista waves for you to sit down, "What's wrong with ye?" she asks bluntly, "If ye be a servant o' nature, then you're welcome to stay."
Mai'ngor sits back down and shakes his mane. "Forgive me. I don't think I will ever get used to being underground. What was I...ah yes...no doubt you've heard about what evils we faced in the Underdark, and even in Silverymoon itself! What is the Enclave's stance? Do you stand guard abd defend, or do you take the the fight to the enemy!"
Jul 17, 2017 12:34 pm
Xeliss
"Yes, I suppose I do know why you're here. Truth be told, I came more out of curiosity than anything else," Zelraun begins, "With everything that's been going on up here, we're rather strapped for resources as it is and we don't have much to offer at the moment."

He pauses for a moment to think and Sarith looks at you, slightly confused as to why you are there if he's not able to help.

Zelraun shrugs, "Do either of you play chess at all?" he asks suddenly. Sarith shakes his head and looks to you.
Jul 17, 2017 12:44 pm
Mai'ngor
Morista looks at you for a moment and then chuckles, "Don't know, do ye? Bruenor is me king! If he says ye need help, we're gonna make sure ye get the help ye need."

"I see you're still troubled. What's on yer mind, me friend?"
Jul 19, 2017 5:15 pm
"You misunderstand me. I do not doubt you nor the king. I ask for counsel. Where is the proper place for a guardian of nature? Do I go to the depths to face this evil? Or do I return to the mountains and tend to my people's lands while there is yet time to make things grow? Oh, how I long for home, but that ground is sown with tears and the ashes of my kin. I am the only tikbalang left in the world. What should I do?"
Last edited July 19, 2017 6:07 pm
Jul 19, 2017 6:04 pm
Morista nods sadly, "'Tis a true problem ye face, and I can offer only advice. Ye have to ask yerself what's more important to ye; yer ancestral home, or those who will die if we can't stop this invasion before it can truly start. What I can tell ye is that, should ye manage to put an end to this, is that I can make sure that ye do not go to yer homeland alone. I can make sure there are others who revere nature such as ye do to help grow the land back to what it was before."
Jul 20, 2017 8:42 pm
"Chess? I... no, I can't say that I do."
Jul 21, 2017 12:49 pm
Xeliss and Sarith
Sarith shakes his head no and shrugs his shoulders, "Not me," he says simply.

Zelraun deflates a bit, "Oh well... I had a great analogy for the situation. Planning ahead and all that, but it seems that it would be lost on you at this point."

There is a moment of awkward silence before he perks up a bit, "Maybe... maybe you'd like to learn?"
Jul 22, 2017 2:06 am
Seeing how eager Zelraun is about this chess game, I nod. It's been a while since I've learned something new, even something as trivial as how to play a game. Anyway, you can learn a lot from someone this way. Isn't it much like bargaining? You feel out a person's strengths and weaknesses and use them to your advantage. This could be good for me. "What do I need to do?"
Jul 22, 2017 2:32 am
Mai'ngor brightens a little at Morista's words. "Yes, that would be...I would appreciate it. Though nothing can bring my kin back, at least there is hope of restoring the land that it was our duty--my duty now--to protect. That is, when all this is over."
Jul 22, 2017 4:15 am
Xeliss
Zelraun smiles, "Oh, I am glad that you said yes!" he says, then points to a rather plain piece on the board, "This is a pawn..." he begins and then goes on to explain the rules of the game, running you through a number of matches. You find that you have a knack for it and quite enjoy yourself.

When the teaching is over, Zelraun is obviously very happy and snaps his fingers. You hear very heavy footsteps approaching and then see a large metallic creature enter the room. It stands roughly seven feet tall and looks very sturdy. Zelraun hands you an amulet, "I'll be safe enough here, you take my guardian when you go down below. When you get back, we can play a game of chess together."
Jul 24, 2017 1:49 pm
OOC:
Anything else before we move on?
Jul 24, 2017 4:43 pm
Hunter waits until she sees the others in her group, whether collectively or one-on-one. She broaches the subject of splitting any party loot by half as payment for the Zhentarim to see if they are willing to agree. Hunter intends to return to Davra Jassur with the answer.
Jul 25, 2017 2:35 pm
Around mid-afternoon, after meeting with the faction leaders, you find yourselves seated around the table in the same tavern that Elfog went to when you first arrived.
OOC:
Feel free to share your findings, etc.
Jul 25, 2017 5:22 pm
Hunter begins. "The Zhentarim will aid us, but their representative asks a rather high price. She demands a full report of what we find in the Underdark, and half of any treasure we recover.

"I see no reason to withhold information, since I would share the same with King Battlehammer and Silverymoon. And while I'm fine with giving up half of my treasure, I feel I cannot speak for all of you. Is that something you're all willing to do; part with half of our recovered worth?"

Hunter shrugs. "Granted, we never discussed whether it would be an equal share of value or in proportion of objet d'art. For example, I should think it fair if I kept an arcane item of power in exchange for its market price in gold or gems."
Jul 25, 2017 5:30 pm
"I require nothing." Mai'ngor says simply. "Food, such equipment as might be needed where we're going, but naught else."
Jul 25, 2017 5:40 pm
OOC:
She wants an equal share of the group treasure, not half of the whole treasure. So she wants one-fifth of what you find (one-sixth if Soliin decides to come back ;)
Jul 25, 2017 5:49 pm
"What?" Hunter says aloud, reacting to something unheard. "Oh. I... uh, misspoke. The Zhentarim actually just want a share of the treasure, as if she were a member of our party. Not half. Sorry."

There is a pause, then Hunter mutters, "Fine, I'll set aside some things for you, too. Thanks."
Jul 25, 2017 6:06 pm
Jul 25, 2017 9:27 pm
"Sounds like me an' Mai'ngor have the seem needs when it comes to treasure" Elfog says, gently sipping on some holy water while he does. "The Zhentarim can have their share."

He looks about the tavern and leans back in his chair. "Got some of Eravien Haund's men joining us, said they be ready when we leave!"
Jul 27, 2017 4:46 pm
OOC:
I'll post an update to this game tonight, detailing your preparation before you leave. It does seem that we are down to pretty much three players at this point, should I bring in another?
Jul 27, 2017 9:23 pm
OOC:
Might be nice to have one more.
Jul 28, 2017 12:25 am
Hunter nods. "I will inform Ms. Jassur that we will agree to her terms."
Aug 3, 2017 2:31 am
"Doesn't seem like we have a choice. We'll need whatever help we can get." Negotiations really aren't her strong suit, are they? I sigh, before turning my attention back to the amulet given to me. It's the first time I've been entrusted with something like this.
Aug 3, 2017 4:00 am
Hunter briefly departs to tell the Zhentarim representative that the party will set aside an equal share in exchange for their assistance.

Thread locked