Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Mar 7, 2017 4:48 pm
As Hunter steps out of the shop, she notices two figures walking by. Both are filthy; the older man is dressed in what must have once been fine robes with a long graying beard, while the other, a younger man, is dressed in a plain tunic and trousers.

They turn, stunned to see anyone else here, "Hunter?" the robed one asks in shock. Hunter can barely recognize he master, Hobren.
Mar 7, 2017 4:49 pm
Frustrated, I wave my arms in a wide arc as I attempt to dispel the illusion, whatever it is.
OOC:
Dispell Magic
Mar 7, 2017 4:58 pm
Xeliss can see the air around her shift slightly as he spell goes off, but it snaps right back into place.
Mar 7, 2017 5:27 pm
"Master?" Hunter exclaims in shock. "You survived! What happened? Where have you been? And what's going on here?"
Mar 7, 2017 10:23 pm
"It's them damned demons, ain't it?" Elfog blurts, obvious fear in his voice.
Mar 8, 2017 2:11 pm
If Mai'ngor peeks outside, he will recognize the younger figure as his squire.
OOC:
Jabes, feel free to give your squire a name
"Oh goodness, Hunter, it is you!" he exclaims, stepping forward and enfolding her in a fatherly embrace, "I thought I'd lost you."

Sarith leans in toward Elfog, "Doesn't look like demons, looks like a reunion."
Mar 8, 2017 3:08 pm
OOC:
He was already named before. :-)
Mai'ngor peeks outside to see what Hunter is up to and is shocked to see Brynn, his halfling squire. The tikbalang hurries outside, overjoyed. "Brynn! You're alive! Gods be praised!"
Last edited March 8, 2017 3:08 pm
Mar 8, 2017 4:26 pm
Hunter willingly falls into the embrace. However, she still has so many questions. "We were attacked. Did you escape? Did they hunt you?" Having spent a week as a prisoner of the drow, she feared her master dead with his disappearance.
Mar 8, 2017 6:28 pm
Brynn's eyes widen as he sees Mai'ngor step out, "My lord, you're alive!" he says, sinking down to one knee and bowing his head.

Hobren sighs, "It's a long tale, dear girl," he says, "But it seems that we have time, I suppose."
Mar 8, 2017 6:35 pm
"Yes, we are staying at the Silver Flagon, courtesy of the Magister," says Hunter. "But, master, something is going on. My companions and I can't seem to reach our destination. It is almost like we are stuck. And no one else is around."
Mar 8, 2017 6:39 pm
"Yes, we are trapped in a very potent illusion. I've been here nearly since we were separated. I've tracked the source of it here, to somewhere in Silverymoon, but I haven't been able to find it quite yet," Hobren explains tiredly, "I found young Brynn here not long after I came to be here and he joined me in my search. We'd be happy for your assistance in locating it."
Mar 8, 2017 6:50 pm
"An illusion?" Hunter exclaims in surprise. "Are... are we even in Silverymoon? We just spoke to the Magister this morning!" She is starting to become confused trying to figure out if even the previous 24 hours have been real.

Hunter stops. "Er, yes. Yes, of course we will help. Um, these are my companions..." She introduces each of the party. In return, she tells everyone that the old man is Hobren, her Instructor of the Arcane.
Mar 8, 2017 11:39 pm
"Wait. How do we know they're not illusions too??"
Mar 8, 2017 11:43 pm
"What? Of course they're real!" says Hunter, firmly.
Mar 9, 2017 12:49 am
"My friends, this is Brynn. You will never find a more loyal and stalwart servant."

Mai'ngor turns to Xeliss, "Of what illusions do you speak? The tikbalang know illusions. There are no illusions here. Though there certainly is an enchantment at work here, causing us all to lose our way."
Last edited March 9, 2017 12:50 am
Mar 9, 2017 3:28 am
Elfog reaches for Tolvihar. Wielding his axe in front of him he looks for any type of corner to back into.

"Enchantments... illusions..." he mutters to Sarith, "something ain't right!"
Mar 9, 2017 2:41 pm
CancerMan says:
Hunter stops. "Er, yes. Yes, of course we will help. Um, these are my companions..." She introduces each of the party. In return, she tells everyone that the old man is Hobren, her Instructor of the Arcane.
"It's nice to meet you all, though I wish it were under better circumstances," Hobren says with a slight bow to each of you, "I look forward to learning more about you all, but that will have to wait until we get out of here."
Moofsalot says:
"Wait. How do we know they're not illusions too??"
"I understand your wariness, Xeliss, but I assure you that we are quite real," he says, "Though I suppose you'll remain skeptical until you are able to see me outside of this illusion, yes?"
Jabes.Plays.RPG says:
"My friends, this is Brynn. You will never find a more loyal and stalwart servant."
Brynn bows his head deeper than before, "You do me too much honor."
Jabes.Plays.RPG says:
Mai'ngor turns to Xeliss, "Of what illusions do you speak? The tikbalang know illusions. There are no illusions here. Though there certainly is an enchantment at work here, causing us all to lose our way."
"I assure you that it's an illusion, a very powerful one. I can't say for sure where you are in the real world, but I assume you are in Silverymoon. Illusions work better when they have a basis in reality."
Mar 9, 2017 4:36 pm
"We must be in Silverymoon. Aren't we?" Hunter begins, growing confused. "I mean, we met the guards, we stayed at the Flagon, we spoke to the Magister. We even visited the Vault of the Sages. We've seen and spoken to many people!"

She tries to collect herself. "Is this the work of the Abyss?" she ponders. "We came to Silverymoon (or what we believe is Silverymoon) in order to warn them of the demonic incursion in the Underdark." Hunter shares her experiences with Hobren, as brief as possible given the circumstances.
Mar 11, 2017 1:53 am
"I think you are, but we can speak as we search," Hobren says, "Hopefully we can find the source of the illusion and get out of here."
Mar 12, 2017 3:11 am
"Powerful magics. It's unnatural." I keep shaking my head. "Fine, then. Let's get a move on and see how we can fix it."
load next

Thread locked