Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Jan 31, 2017 11:38 pm
"Is there some kind of market nearby? I may have some things to sell."
Last edited February 1, 2017 1:14 am
Feb 1, 2017 12:15 am
Calliope nods and takes your gold, "I'll return with your keys in just a moment."

"Depends on what kinds of goods you're trying to sell, of course. We have a lot of shops around here."
Feb 1, 2017 7:26 am
Mai'ngor eyes Soliin and Xeliss. The tikbalang knows the two little ones found gold in the sorceress' tomb. But he says nothing.
Feb 1, 2017 11:58 am
"Jewelry of exquisite quality." Not to my high standards, but surely someone else will think so.
Feb 1, 2017 5:05 pm
"Does anyone else need anything?" Hunter asks the group while looking into her robes.
Feb 1, 2017 5:14 pm
"Gerard's jewelry, just up the street, should be able to offer you a fair deal."
Feb 1, 2017 11:29 pm
"Nah" Elfog responds as he checks over his equipment.

Patting his shoulder as a signal to Beard to climb aboard Elfog takes his leave - "Going to see what someone over at the Vault of Sages can tell me about my friend here"
Feb 1, 2017 11:36 pm
Hunter to looks to the others if there is any non-jewelry shopping they are interested in.
Feb 2, 2017 6:03 pm
Beard climbs up on Elfog's shoulder as he takes his leave and heads to the Vault of the Sages. It turns out that it's not hard to find; the Vault of the Sages is a monolithic, horseshoe-shaped building five stories high. The main entrance is in the center of the inside of the horseshoe. Entering through the elaborately carved doors, Elfog sees shelf after shelf of books interspersed with tables, scholars of all races, and librarians.

Entry to the main floor is restricted by a gate, by which sits an elderly clerk, with a logbook, pot of ink, and quill by his side.
Feb 2, 2017 11:35 pm
More than a little uncomfortable in such surroundings Elfog slowly approaches the clerk.

"Good day, Sir" he starts, nervously looking about, quite sure he's never used those three words in the same sentence before.

"I heard someone at this place may be able to help me figure out what my friend here is" he motions with his chin toward Beard, and gives the large lizard a hearty pat on its side.
Feb 2, 2017 11:46 pm
Mai'ngor only shrugs in response to Hunter. "Rations, perhaps? Waterskins? Hard to say, as we've no idea what's in store. I think I shall accompany you, as I would like to see more of the city."
Last edited February 2, 2017 11:47 pm
Feb 3, 2017 12:50 am
Hunter sees if anyone else is going shopping, asking that if they elect to stay to be attentive to any messages or summons. Otherwise, she will ask Calliope to hold any notices for when they return.
Feb 3, 2017 1:09 am
I nod to Mai'ngor and Hunter. "Shopping, then."
Feb 3, 2017 4:43 pm
At the Inn
"I think I'll go with you," Sarith says after finishing off his ale.

Calliope returns very shortly, "Your rooms have been booked, just see the innkeeper when you get back from your shopping and he'll provide you with keys."
At the Vault of Sages
"Oh my, what a fantastic specimen!" the old man excitedly, "Wherever did you find him?"
Feb 3, 2017 5:18 pm
Hunter prepares for the shopping trip, asking directions to general goods or sundries near Gerard's Jewelry. She then heads out to make the most of the day.
Feb 3, 2017 11:11 pm
Elfog, feeling a little more at ease now that the clerk has expressed a bit of interest in his pet answers, "He kinda found me. Lost in the underdark we were."
Feb 5, 2017 9:47 pm
At the Vault of the Sages
"The underdark, you say? You spend much time there?"

Shopping!
You enter into Gerard's Jewelry and see a number of well-to-do women standing around a display, whispering and giggling. A couple of men wander around the room with an older gentleman with thinning white hair who speaks knowledgeably about the wares.

A slightly younger man approaches as you enter and dips a low bow, "Welcome to Gerard's Jewelry, I am Gerard, how can I assist you?"
Feb 5, 2017 11:06 pm
"Too much." Elfog snorts. "I hope to never find meself down there ever again."
Feb 6, 2017 2:39 am
"I have these two one-of-a-kind bracelets that I'd like to sell." I show the shopkeeper the two gold bracelets I discovered in that room with Solin seemingly ages ago. "They are worth at least 200 gold, but I would be willing to part with them for 150."

Rolls

Deception - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Persuasion - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Feb 6, 2017 2:49 am
Hunter busies herself with browsing the available selection while Xeliss conducts her business.
load next

Thread locked