Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Mar 7, 2017 12:01 am
Now that you've begun paying close attention to the landmarks and directions, you realize that you've passed the same butcher shop three times.
Mar 7, 2017 12:05 am
Hunter blushes. "Oh dear," she mutters, obviously feeling responsible for leading the party in a loop. She looks around the area, wondering if anyone else is nearby.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Mar 7, 2017 12:19 am
Hunter looks around and sees no one nearby. You haven't seen anybody in any of your three loops around the same area.
Mar 7, 2017 12:31 am
"Huh. You know, maybe it's just late," Hunter suggests, grasping at straws despite not exactly telling everyone why. "Everyone's at supper. Speaking of which, are you hungry? Perhaps a cut of something from the shop there, yeah?" She starts heading to the butcher's shop to try the door.
Mar 7, 2017 12:36 am
Hunter opens the door to reveal a rather tidy butcher shop. There's no one in there, either.
Mar 7, 2017 12:40 am
"Something's afoot. And here we've no weapons." Mai'ngor says, hand going to Sinag's hilt.
Last edited March 7, 2017 12:46 am
Mar 7, 2017 12:45 am
OOC:
You got your weapons back when you left. I left that unstated, though I probably should have told you
Mar 7, 2017 12:51 am
Hunter calls out, "Hello? Are you open?" Her voice is a bit nervous.
Mar 7, 2017 1:43 am
Seeing Mai'ngor reach for his blade Elfog does likewise.

"Something ain't right!"
Mar 7, 2017 1:47 am
Hunter's voice penetrates the stillness of the room, seeming very out of place here, but there is no answer in return.
Mar 7, 2017 2:01 am
Hunter decides to check behind the counter, or in one of the back rooms. She is looking for signs that someone is there, or barring that, signs that someone was, and hopefully recently.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Mar 7, 2017 3:41 am
"Do they have curfews here? Seems too quiet."
Mar 7, 2017 12:53 pm
Sarith shakes his head, "I don't think so, it's not that late," he says as he follows behind Hunter, also looking for clues as to what's going on.

Rolls

Sarith Investigation - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Mar 7, 2017 12:59 pm
Sarith raises an eyebrow, then draws a sword. He walks over to one of the walls and drags his blade across it. There is no mark in the wall where his fine blade should have left a decent gouge, "None of this is real," he says, turning back to you all, "Some sort of sorcery?"
Mar 7, 2017 1:13 pm
"I don't like this." I back away from the wall and look around for any source that could be creating this illusion.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Mar 7, 2017 3:59 pm
At Sarith's words, Hunter closes her eyes. She grasps her staff and mentally draws focus, taking in a deep breath. Then she opens her eyes to inspect their surroundings, looking for recognizable signs of arcane influence.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Tides of Chaos, Advantage - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Mar 7, 2017 4:00 pm
Neither Hunter nor Xeliss is able to determine what's causing this, though it's obviously magical in nature.
Mar 7, 2017 4:14 pm
Hunter pinches the bridge of her nose. Too much time spent reading, she reasons for the lack of clarity. "Do we stay here, or head back outside?" she asks, tapping her staff on the ground and summoning a protective barrier around herself. "What is even outside, if nothing we see is real?"
OOC:
Casting Mage Armor

Rolls

Wild Magic Surge - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Mar 7, 2017 4:27 pm
While you stand around discussing your choices, you hear quiet footsteps outside on the paved street. It sounds like they are passing by the butcher shop, not heading toward it.
Mar 7, 2017 4:33 pm
Hunter, unable to quell her curiosity, moves to step outside the butcher shop and see who is passing by. "Excuse me?" she asks, trying to get their attention if she's not too late.
load next

Thread locked