Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Jan 13, 2017 5:05 pm
"We came from Mithral Hall, on our way to Silverymoon," says Hunter, half-lying as she has no idea where they are in relation to either place. She summons as much sweetness as she can in her smile. "Our diplomatic party was attacked by trolls and forced to flee, and now we are attempting to return to our path."

As she speaks, Hunter tries to remember the cultural customs of orcs from her studies.

Rolls

Deception - (1d20+6)

(17) + 6 = 23

History? - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Jan 13, 2017 6:59 pm
Mai'ngor hands tighten their grips on his weapons as he listens to the conversation from his hiding place in one of Hunter's dugouts. It galls him to have to hide, but he's no dool. They'd never survive against such overwhelming numbers.
Jan 13, 2017 9:05 pm
Nearly believe that one meself Elfog thinks, happy that the quick thinking Hunter is there for support.
Jan 13, 2017 9:44 pm
The orc grunts and nods in response to your explanation, "Silverymoon that way," he says, pointing south.

Hunter basically knows all there is to know of orcish culture, the sum of which is, "King leads until someone stronger comes around, then he becomes king." They also dedicate their lives to Gruumsh One-Eye, the orcish god of war.
OOC:
Good rolls and a good explanation. That could have turned into a battle very easily!
Jan 13, 2017 10:23 pm
Hunter curtsies again. "Your assistance is most exemplary," she says, stepping aside to allow the orcs to pass.
Jan 13, 2017 11:28 pm
Quickly following Hunter's lead Elfog steps aside as well, standing just to her left.
Last edited January 13, 2017 11:29 pm
Jan 14, 2017 3:59 am
The leader continues on his way, not sparing you another glance. The rest of the orcs are a different story, as a few of them growl and a couple even go so far as to spit at you. Within a few minutes, they are moving out of sight.
Jan 14, 2017 6:07 am
Hunter waits a few more seconds, then quickly shakes her hands like drying them of water, casting copious amounts of Prestidigitation to clean the perceived spittle from her clothes and person. "I feel like I have to pee."
Jan 14, 2017 8:54 pm
Not sure how to respond Elfog says "You've earned it."

"Once you're ready we'll head back to the others."
Jan 14, 2017 9:49 pm
"I'll be fine," says Hunter. "Let's hurry back. At least we know which way to go."
Jan 17, 2017 4:31 pm
"Everything good?" I come out from my hiding spot.
Jan 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Hunter nods, a bit too quickly. "Yes. Sure! Let's get going." It will take a while for her nerves to settle.
Jan 17, 2017 5:44 pm
"I'm ready. No more surprises, I hope."
Jan 17, 2017 10:30 pm
"Hunter tricked 'em good!"
Jan 18, 2017 3:44 am
Your travel over the next couple of days is blissfully uneventful, with only a single instance of a slight drizzle to dull the bright light of the sun. Near the end of the second day, you come to a large road, leading east to Sundabar, and south to Silverymoon (according to the worldly Elfog). In the distance now, you can see the lights of a large city; presumably Silverymoon. You estimate that you could probably reach it by nightfall if you hurried, though it would be quite late by the time you got there.
Jan 18, 2017 7:02 am
"As much as it excites me to reach the city," Hunter begins, "I'm not certain what our reception would be. I would imagine Silverymoon does not welcome many travelers by night. Perhaps we can camp near enough so they know we mean no subterfuge?"
Jan 18, 2017 11:36 pm
"Aye, sounds reasonable and it'll give Beard here a chance to stretch his legs... and tail."

Elfog drops to one knee to let Beard leap down from his shoulder. "Getting big, he is. Maybe someone at Silverymoon can tell me exactly what he is."
Jan 19, 2017 6:35 pm
Hunter nods, and proceeds towards Silverymoon, keeping an eye out for a suitable campsite.
Jan 19, 2017 7:42 pm
It doesn't take long before you get close to the city and are able to find a suitable campsite just off the road.
load next

Thread locked