Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Jan 3, 2017 3:47 pm
OOC:
Are you going to keep watch, or go to sleep without one now that you're back on the surface?
Jan 3, 2017 3:49 pm
OOC:
Watch or not, Mai'ngor will want to stargaze and so will be up til late anyway(basically for the first watch or two.
Last edited January 4, 2017 5:02 pm
Jan 3, 2017 4:18 pm
OOC:
Yes, let's set a watch. Hunter will take second or third shift.
Jan 3, 2017 11:51 pm
OOC:
Elfog will take first watch.
Jan 4, 2017 4:57 pm
I find a nice, cold dark corner to curl up in and am out for the night.
Jan 4, 2017 10:00 pm
The night passes quietly (at least as quiet as it ever is on the surface!) and you are not disturbed. The dawn arrives bright and early the following morning.
Jan 4, 2017 10:36 pm
Hunter finishes her morning preparations, using minor arcane magic to clean herself up. She takes special care to tie and arrange her hair, at the very least for a presentable image.
Jan 5, 2017 12:27 am
Mai'ngor basks in the glorious beauty that is dawn, murmuring a prayer of gratitude to the gods of his people.
Jan 5, 2017 2:59 am
Waiting for Beard to come back from his morning hunt Elfog sits crosslegged on the ground cleaning Tolvihar.

"Now what?" he asks the others. "Where we headin'?"
Jan 5, 2017 3:18 am
"While probably not what you meant, may I suggest a tavern of some sort? See some life and activity not of the Underdark and the cursed drow?"
Jan 5, 2017 3:55 am
"Silverymoon is near, but I know not what lies between here and there," says Hunter. "I was so eager to reach the surface, I admit I didn't think of getting a map, nor how to navigate overland. Perhaps we just need to head south and find a road."
Jan 5, 2017 4:22 am
Mai'ngor eyes Sarith, curious how the "cursed drow" is enjoying the first dawn of his life.
Jan 5, 2017 12:12 pm
Soliin notices Mai'ngor's pointed look and shrugs with a look of embarrassment on his face at Sarith. "Some drow are less cursed than others..."
Jan 5, 2017 3:35 pm
Sarith stands against the glare, arm up in front of his face to shield it from the light and a grimace on his face, "How can you stand to do this every day?" he asks, pain evident in his voice.
Jan 5, 2017 4:47 pm
"Your local hero must have endured the same," says Hunter. "Perhaps you are following in his footsteps as we speak!

And speaking of steps, let's head out and find Soliin a tavern."
Jan 6, 2017 12:24 am
Chuckling Elfog looks towards Sarith, "Don't worry, Drow, it's only like this half the time!"

With his scaly friend perched on his shoulder the weary dwarf springs to his feet and walks over to Sarith, his mood quickly changing tone. "Don't go wandering about up here. Plenty of folks likely to kill a drow without so much a thought. Stay close!"
Last edited January 6, 2017 12:24 am
Jan 9, 2017 7:37 pm
Hunter heads in a southerly direction, hoping to find a trail or road to follow. If possible, she tries to remain in the middle or near the rear of the group's marching order.
Jan 10, 2017 3:16 am
Sarith nods grimly at Elfog's warning, "I will stay nearby. Hopefully those around here will give me the chance to prove that I'm not quite like my kin before they put a sword in me."

Elfog has noticed, over the past month of travel, that Beard has grown quite a bit. He is nearly double the size that he was a mere month ago and barely fits on the stout dwarf's shoulder.

You travel for several miles south, seeing not much but the occasional bush here and there. A distance to the east, you can see mountains which Elfog knows well. Just over the mountains (or through a hilly road nearby) is Citadel Felbarr, powerful dwarven stronghold.

From behind you, you begin to hear a low rumbling sound, far enough through the slightly hilly terrain that you can't see what may be making it.
OOC:
You can always roll investigation if you'd like to try to figure out what would make that noise.

What do you want to do?
Jan 10, 2017 3:30 am
Hunter doesn't notice at first, acclimating herself to surface travel after spending so long underground. However, after a second or two of double-checking that she is not imagining things, she strains her ears to listen and heavily considers possible sources.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

load next

Thread locked