Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Mar 28, 2017 9:27 pm
Sitting on the floor while roughhousing with his pet, Elfog quickly looks over his shoulder upon hearing Hunter's voice.

"New robes?" he asks.
Mar 28, 2017 10:09 pm
"Yes, my old outfit was ruined," replies Hunter. "I also don't relish the thought of having some demon's... whatever they have in their vile mouths, sticking to my person."

She chuckles, nervously. "Um, does all of this seem right to you? Any of you? I dare say this temple feels real, but..."
Mar 28, 2017 10:23 pm
Ripping the old fetch stick from Beard's jaw and tossing it forward Elfog gets to his feet and faces Hunter.

"I think this is the real deal. Nothing creepy happening so far."
Mar 28, 2017 10:27 pm
Hunter nods. "Then, unless any of you have any objections, I would like to spend the night in this place. I can't think of any better place to be warded from the Abyss than a temple."
Mar 28, 2017 10:58 pm
"None here" Elfog responds before being bowled over by the ever growing Beard.

Sprawled out on the floor he looks up to Hunter. "Doesn't know his own strength, this one" he says with a laugh as he shoves the large lizard off of him.
Mar 28, 2017 11:00 pm
Hunter quips with a wicked grin, "Is Beard getting bigger? Or are you getting shorter?"
Mar 29, 2017 1:39 am
"I hope this is real. It would be nice to have a day where we don't have to run for our lives."
Mar 29, 2017 6:46 am
Hunter nods, almost deflating with a release of tension. "You and me, both. All of us, I'd gather."
Mar 29, 2017 12:59 pm
You spend the night in the temple. It's the best night of sleep you've had in months and you sleep well past noon.
Mar 29, 2017 5:41 pm
Hunter rises, washing her face of sleep and dried tears. Her eyes are still puffy and red, but she makes no mention of it and gets dressed. "I will speak to the priests," she says to whomever is awake while fixing her hair. "I'll leave a donation for their kindness, and then I'll check at the Silver Flagon in case any messages were delivered for us. After that, I think we will want to speak to the Magister again."
Mar 30, 2017 11:06 pm
Feeling the best he's felt since being captured by the Drow, Elfog is eager to get up and get moving.

At Hunter's mention of a donation the dwarf reaches for his coin only to realize that he never recovered the little he had when captured. What gold they may have come across while in the underdark seemed of little use at the time. He shrugs his shoulders and sighs.

"I'd be willing to pitch in a bit for the donation meself, but am clean out of coin" he says, somewhat embarrassed.

"Think there's any work in this town for a handsome young dwarf?"
Mar 30, 2017 11:34 pm
Hunter smiles. "Don't worry about it. Though you do bring up a good point. After this we will need to think about income. Perhaps the Magister will know of work for us."
Mar 31, 2017 6:30 am
Mai'ngor fishes in his pouch and brings out the two silver pieces he traded the small gemstone for the day before. He hands the silver to Hunter. "This is all I have. Let's be on our way."
Mar 31, 2017 6:40 am
"Hold onto that," Hunter tells Mai'ngor, declining the offer. She departs to speak to the priests and thank them for their help, leaving 6 gold pieces as a donation to Helm. She also inquires if the guards had discovered anything during the night about the attack, though she does not hold out much hope for a revelation.
Mar 31, 2017 1:39 pm
The priests thank you for your kindness and wish you well. Stopping to see the guards, they inform you that they didn't find anything amiss, but they did send someone to inform the Spellguard of what had happened so they could get some of their wizardly types on it.
Mar 31, 2017 3:02 pm
I wait for Hunter to finish before I take out 10 gold to give to the priest, quickly leaving afterwards without making eye contact. I rejoin the others.

"Does anyone need supplies?" I still have some gold from selling the bracelets, and a few other items that can be sold if needed. I don't typically give my gold so freely but... perhaps I can be more flexible this once.
Last edited April 2, 2017 10:49 pm
Apr 2, 2017 4:50 pm
OOC:
If you want to purchase anything, do so now. I'll advance the game tomorrow
Apr 2, 2017 5:15 pm
Hunter looks for a sash, shawl, scarf, or something similar. She is starting to like the fine white robes, but feels a bit of color would do nicely.
Apr 3, 2017 2:53 pm
Hunter is able to find pretty much anything she wants here.
OOC:
I'll give you a bit of freedom in what you want to get, ranging from 3 sp to 5 gp, depending on how fine you want it to be :)

Rather than bog the game down with negotiations, I'll allow you to determine a fair price for what you want
load next

Thread locked