Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Apr 6, 2017 10:21 pm
In his native tongue Elfog asks "Something wrong?" loudly enough to hopefully catch Hunter's full attention.
Apr 6, 2017 10:42 pm
"What? No, empty wrong. Just thoughts," Hunter replies in broken Dwarvish. She switches to Common, "Thank you, Magister. We'll be taking our leave now to prepare for the journey."
Apr 7, 2017 3:52 pm
The magister thanks you for your time and bids you farewell.
OOC:
Go ahead and make your list :)
Apr 7, 2017 4:34 pm
As the group departs, Hunter expresses with glee, "Use your imagination, everyone!" She flashes the letter with as much authority as she can muster in her giddiness, then puts it away. "Maybe a wagon? Who knows how to care for a horse? Ooo, maybe a magic shop?"

During their shopping mission, Hunter's path takes her near Gerard's Jewelry. She pauses before the door to see if they are open.
[ +- ] If open...
[ +- ] If closed...
OOC:
Hunter wants:
Healer's Kit
Holy Water
Potions of Healing x as much as we can carry

Is there a store that sells items that are more magical in nature? Hunter would be interested in a few scrolls or wands, reasoning that such things are necessary for travel.
Apr 7, 2017 4:46 pm
Elfog checks his weapons, the only items a dwarven barbarian would need, and realizes a lack of a ranged option. "Could use me a few javelins" he says, not really concerned with transport, food stuffs, or anything else.
Apr 7, 2017 4:53 pm
Hunter passes by Gerard's and notes that it is open. Upon entering, everyone seems to be in a fine mood. You do not see the worker who had worked with you previously.

You could find a magic shop here. If there's anything magical you want, roll a d20 for each item and I'll let you know if they've got it
Apr 7, 2017 4:59 pm
OOC:
Mai'ngor needs an off-hand weapon. +1 scimitar or shortsword please. Or mundane if magical is unavailable.

Rolls

Got magic swords? - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Apr 7, 2017 5:07 pm
OOC:
I'm going to allow everyone to make their requests before I say what you can find :)
Apr 7, 2017 6:13 pm
At Gerard's Jewelry, Hunter checks the display case for the presence of Elayna's Sorrow, then moves on.

At the magic shops, Hunter really is like a kid in the candy store that loves candy. She looks at anything and everything, even if she doesn't understand what it does, mostly to note inventory and selection.

Rolls

Amulet of Health (Fit!) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Bag of Holding (Useful!) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Bag of Tricks (Nothing up my sleeve!) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Belt of Giant Strength (Yoked!) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Bracers of Defense (Protection!) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Cloak of Protection (Defense!) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Crystal Ball (Spy with my eye!) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Decanter of Endless Water (Never go thirsty!) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Manual of Golems (Long game!) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Potions of Greater/Superior/Supreme Healing (Restore HP!) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Ring of Free Action (Freedom!) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Ring of Spell Storing (Backup!) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Ring of Telekinesis (Jedi!) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Robe of the Good Archmagi (Might as well!) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Staff of the Magi (If they have it!) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Wand of Binding (Control!) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Wand of Wonder (Embrace the chaos!) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Apr 7, 2017 6:13 pm
The amulet is not there. In it's place is a perfectly average looking ruby necklace.
Apr 10, 2017 2:57 am
Hunter continues her shopping, giving Girard's Jewelry nary a second glance.
Apr 10, 2017 12:52 pm
OOC:
I'll allow you the rest of the day to make any requests and then move on. I know how busy weekends can be
Apr 11, 2017 4:57 pm
Miraculously, Mai'ngor is able to find a magical kris (+1)

Hunter is able to find: Bag of Holding, Bracers of Defense, three greater healing potions, and two superior healing potions
Apr 11, 2017 4:57 pm
OOC:
Anything else before we move on?
Apr 11, 2017 5:00 pm
Hunter looks for any +1 weapon that Soliin, Sarith, or Xeliss can use.

Rolls

Magical Shopping - (1d20, 1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (20) = 20

1d20 : (15) = 15

1d20 : (1) = 1

Apr 11, 2017 5:08 pm
She is able to find a couple of other +1 weapons of any particular type that she chooses.

Sarith will take a rapier, "Thank you," he says to Hunter. He's been spending his time in his room at the inn. You get the distinct feeling that he doesn't feel comfortable surrounded by so many of the surface races.
Apr 11, 2017 5:22 pm
Hunter lets Soliin and Xeliss choose something that befits their talents.

For herself, Hunter fits the bracers upon her arms and allows the sleeves of her robes to fall over them. "Who would like a drink?" she says to the group, before retiring to the Silver Flagon. She will even drag Sarith down to common room.
Apr 13, 2017 2:55 am
I follow Hunter around the shop as she looks at the magical weapons. "What's that?"
[ +- ] Shopping List
OOC:
Damn, shitty rolls!
Last edited April 13, 2017 2:56 am

Rolls

Magical Items? - (9d20)

(411115196103) = 60

Apr 13, 2017 1:10 pm
Xeliss finds a nice-looking ring at a magic shop. Once she finds out what it does, she accepts it gleefully.
OOC:
Ring of Free Action is yours!
Apr 13, 2017 1:32 pm
The following morning, you find Lanniver already at the gates waiting for you. A handsome man in his mid-thirties, he has dark brown hair with just a hint of grey at the temples. Despite his age, he moves with the grace and power of a man a dozen years younger.

As you approach the gate, he moves to greet you, "Well met, friends. I've heard nothing but good from the good Magister."

After your introductions, during which he doesn't give either Sarith or Mai'ngor even a second glance, he continues, "We well be heading to a ferry a couple miles outside of town and taking it down the Surbrin to Yartar. From there, we head West to Gauntlegrym. I expect the trip to take near to a month's time. Please, let me know when you are ready to depart."
load next

Thread locked