Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Apr 13, 2017 1:42 pm
OOC:
You may advance to level 8!
Apr 13, 2017 2:53 pm
I accept the +1 staff given to me by Hunter. "Thank you."
Apr 13, 2017 3:49 pm
On their way to the gate, Hunter suddenly blurts out, "Stone-cold bitch!" and laughs. "I get it now! Ah, gnomes..."

Shaking herself free of the memory, Hunter straightens her posture as the group nears the gate and meets Lannister. "Well met, Sir Strayl," she says in greeting, curtsying with a nod. She introduces everyone by their first name. "We stand ready to accompany you on your mission."
Apr 13, 2017 4:04 pm
Mai'ngor nudges Elfog with an elbow, and says under his breath, "Am I the only one who's been noticing something amiss with Hunter?"
Apr 13, 2017 4:07 pm
OOC:
Lanniver :P

Lannister is something totally different
Apr 13, 2017 4:22 pm
Hunter meant Lanniver. Yes, of course!
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson,Moofsalot
Apr 13, 2017 4:53 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Apr 13, 2017 5:02 pm
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson

Rolls

Secret Roll

Apr 13, 2017 5:19 pm
Apr 13, 2017 5:31 pm
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Apr 13, 2017 5:34 pm
Apr 13, 2017 10:32 pm
"No, ye ain't" Elfog responds quietly. "Think we need to be keeping an eye on that one"
Apr 13, 2017 10:41 pm
Hunter holds her chest, and dabs at her wet eyes with her sleeve.
Apr 14, 2017 1:39 pm
Seeing that no one wants to delay the trip at all, Lanniver leads you out of town and toward the ferry, "Prepare for a long journey," he says with a smile, hand resting comfortably on the hilt of his longsword as he walks, "Though it sounds like you're already used to long journeys by now, doesn't it?"
Apr 14, 2017 4:43 pm
Hunter nods, absently. "Though perhaps this is the first where we've had a clear path," she adds. "Have you been to Gauntlegrym before, Sir Strayl?"
Apr 15, 2017 3:08 am
"No, though I've heard that it truly is as grand as the tales say. I had hoped to visit someday, but I wish it was under better circumstances," Strayl says, the smile fading from his face as the talk moves on to more serious subjects, "Is the Underdark truly as terrible as they say?"
Apr 15, 2017 3:14 am
"It wasn't always so bad. But it's nothing like this."
Apr 15, 2017 3:32 am
"The Underdark is actually quite lovely," says Hunter. "The creatures in the wild are no more dangerous than what we'd find on the surface, and the natural features can be as breathtaking as a forest waterfall or snow-capped mountain.

"It does take a different set of skills to survive. A different... perspective, I suppose you could say. And certainly some of the residents of the Underdark are as terrible as the rumors claim, but there are also those who understand and value life, and work towards some good."
Apr 17, 2017 2:55 pm
"I imagine it's an easier transition for those who can see in the dark naturally. I can't imagine being there, knowing that if my torches run low, I'll be blind..." Strayl trails off into silence.

"It's truly more horrible than what you've seen," Sarith says suddenly, "Some of the creatures there are unlike anything you've ever seen. The races down there, including my own, are merciless, ruthless, and cold. You can trust no one, not ever your closest friends.
Anyone would stab you in the back to get ahead..."
he finishes, a haunted look in his eyes.
Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm
"So, really, not unlike many of the cities on the surface," Hunter adds casually. "Particularly for those without four walls and a roof to shelter in.

"It is a stranger place, and the beasts below are very different than those above. You cannot rely on your assumptions of how things work up here."
load next

Thread locked