Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Jan 26, 2017 5:58 pm
"Well, you're welcome in our city, but I can't guarantee an audience with any of them without more to go on than 'trouble down below', I'm sure you understand that?"
Jan 26, 2017 6:11 pm
"Certainly, that is quite understandable," Hunter nods. "The trouble is daemonic in nature; to whom should we be directed in order to warn Silverymoon?"
Jan 26, 2017 6:45 pm
"Why don't you head to the Silver Flagon, just up the main street there. I'll have someone deliver your warning to Magister Danforth and see what course he wants to pursue," The guard says, "If he wishes to speak to you further, he will send word to the inn to schedule a meeting. In the meantime, feel free to explore the city at your leisure."
Jan 26, 2017 6:55 pm
Hunter curtsies again. "I am very much obliged," she says, and proceeds into the city.
Jan 26, 2017 8:47 pm
Mai'ngor gives the guards a respectful nod and follows Hunter.
Jan 27, 2017 1:22 am
Kneeling down on one knee, Elfog allows his pet to crawl up onto his shoulder. "Whatcha been eating?" he asks quietly, noticing the heft and size of his scaly companion.

He looks over at one of the guards, "Got any lizard experts around here? Wanna find out what exactly my friend here is."
Jan 30, 2017 4:45 pm
"Suppose someone at the Vault of Sages would probably be able to help you out with that," the guard says, giving basic instructions on how to get there.

As you enter the city, you are struck by how beautiful the place is. The streets are clean and devoid of the homeless, unlike many other large cities that you've seen. Towering spires dot the city, mostly white, but some of other colors. Many of them are outlined in magical lights. You see people of all kinds on the streets, ranging from humans to dwarves all the way to the occasional orc or goblin. It isn't long before you see the inn that the guard pointed out, made obvious by the well-kept sign with a picture of a silver flagon hanging over the door.
Jan 30, 2017 4:55 pm
Hunter's eyes take in everything that can be seen of this city. However, her childhood instincts kick in and she mentally plots the layout of the streets and buildings, assessing the flow of traffic, areas of congestion, and facilities that may or may not experience an increase in activity.

As she approaches the inn, Hunter pauses a moment to visually inspect the exterior of the building. It's a habit for her whenever she's in an urban environment to try and determine how many floors a building has, what type of access is provides, and its proximity to neighboring structures.

Hunter then walks into the Silver Flagon.
Jan 30, 2017 4:59 pm
Mai'ngor stares in wonder at the beautiful sights of the city. He tenses up a little when he spots the orcs and the goblins but mindful that he is a stranger here unaccustomed of the city's laws or culture, he decides not to start any trouble. At the door to the Silver Flagon he hesitates for only a moment before following Hunter inside.
Jan 30, 2017 5:00 pm
"Are... are all surface cities like this?" I blink at the explosions of colors and blinding whites. Some are rock types I've seen before, but others are very different from what I've seen before. Or perhaps it is the light that makes it seem so?
Jan 31, 2017 6:33 pm
The Silver Flagon is a three story building, with wide alleys (about 6 feet), between it and the buildings beside it. The alleys do not show the normal debris and squalor you'd normally associate with a large city, but appear cleaned and well taken care of.

As soon as you open the front door, the sounds of merriment and chatter assail you. You can hear the song of a bard drifting out, the calls for food and drink to the serving girls, and the clatter of mugs. Entering, you are greeted by a bosomy lass, "Welcome to the Silver Flagon," she says sweetly, not stumbling in the slightest over your unusual companions, "Could I get you a table?"
Jan 31, 2017 6:35 pm
"Uh," Hunter begins, unused to being accepted so readily in a tavern. "Y-.. yes?"
Jan 31, 2017 7:05 pm
Smiling at your stuttering approval, she leads you deeper into the tavern, finding you a table in the corner, "Please, be seated. If you need anything, my name is Calliope, or you can grab any of the servers as well," she says with a curtsy and makes her way back to the door.
Jan 31, 2017 7:07 pm
Hunter smooths out her robes and follows, trying to remember that she is no longer an urchin at risk for getting kicked out. "Are there rooms?" she thinks to ask. "We may need to stay for a bit depending on our business."
Jan 31, 2017 7:18 pm
"Of course, there are rooms available. Private rooms are available for a price of 2 gold pieces per day, while rooms with two beds are available for a mere 6 silver more," she replies, "Anything else that I can do for you until your server comes?"
Jan 31, 2017 7:36 pm
Mai'ngor nudges Elfog and whispers, "Gold. Do we have gold?" he rummages in his pack. "I've no coin."
Jan 31, 2017 7:49 pm
"Do we speak to you about rooms? I think we would like... three doubles, yes?" Hunter looks to the party to see if that is desired.
OOC:
Figure Hunter+Xeliss, Soliin+Sarith, Elfog+Mai'ngor? If someone wants a private room, speak up!
Jan 31, 2017 7:53 pm
"That's fine, would you prefer first, second, or third floor?"
Jan 31, 2017 11:25 pm
Not even bothering to check Elfog looks at Mai'ngor and shrugs his shoulders. "Haven't had coin since those Drow had us imprisoned."

He nods to Hunter, agreeing that three doubles will work just fine.
Jan 31, 2017 11:36 pm
"Um, first floor is fine, I think?" says Hunter, again looking at the party. From somewhere within her robes, she fishes out coins (7 gold, 8 silver) for one night's stay.
load next

Thread locked