Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Feb 16, 2017 7:17 pm
OOC:
Anything else you wanna do for the night?
Feb 16, 2017 11:16 pm
OOC:
Elfog is happy to just get a good night's rest.
Feb 17, 2017 2:31 am
The night passes uneventfully and you are woken by a serving girl just before dawn. She waits for you to all gather outside of your rooms, then curtsies, "Miss Calliope asked me to get you up before down so you could get your food and make sure you are presentable before you go to see the Magister."
Feb 17, 2017 4:50 am
Hunter nods. "Thank you," she says, grateful for the courtesy. She heads out to partake in breakfast.
Feb 17, 2017 12:05 pm
I'm always presentable! the barbarian thinks to himself as he follows Hunter to the dining area.
Feb 17, 2017 7:20 pm
Heading out of your room, you find the dining area almost completely vacant, except for a single human man, who's fallen asleep with his head next to a bowl of soup. Once you are seated, you are fed a fine breakfast, and then left to your own devices unless you call a serving woman over.
Feb 20, 2017 7:19 pm
"Presentable? What's that supposed to mean?"
Feb 20, 2017 8:35 pm
After finishing his meal Elfog will look over to see if the sleeping man is still sleeping. If so, he'll go over and wake him up.
Feb 20, 2017 9:05 pm
Hunter picks at her food, silently concerned with the upcoming meeting.
Feb 20, 2017 9:18 pm
Elfog moves over to the sleeping man and shakes him gently. As soon as the dwarf moves him, he sits straight up, mumbling something that Elfog hears as, "world... turned to ash..." before he turns to look at the stout dwarf, "Oh hello there, is there something I can help you with?"
Feb 20, 2017 10:26 pm
"Just checking. Hadn't seen movement out of ya since we've been here" Elfog says, motioning towards the others with his chin.

"Late night?"
Feb 21, 2017 12:40 am
Mai'ngor eyes Hunter. "Nervous?"
Feb 21, 2017 2:04 am
"Oh yes, of course," the man says, "Just up late doing research on the alchemical properties of frog eyeballs, you know! Fascinating material it is..." he goes on, and will happily talk about it for an hour or more unless you stop him.
Feb 21, 2017 2:08 am
Waiting for the man to stop and take a breath, Elfog interjects, "Uh huh, interesting." and will then turn and walk away.
Feb 21, 2017 4:01 am
While the strange man takes a breathe between diatribes, I blurt out, "Why are you here?"
Last edited February 21, 2017 4:22 am
Feb 21, 2017 4:01 am
Hunter nods. "A bit," she says. "I am uncertain how receptive they will be to our word. We have little else by means of proof, after all."
Feb 21, 2017 4:09 am
"This is true. But you have a way with words - you are very persuasive. I have the utmost confidence in your ability as our group's spokesperson."

Mai'ngor is surprised at his own words. "Our group"? How long has it been since he, the last of his tribe, possibly the last of his kind, felt a sense of kinship or belonging? He looks around at his unlikely companions. Yes, strange as it may seem, Mai'nogr feels like all their destinies are somehow entwined.
Feb 21, 2017 6:13 pm
Hunter smiles, "Thanks." She bundles up her hair and sends a wave of minor arcane cleansing through, before combing it back down.
load next

Thread locked