Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
May 4, 2017 5:09 pm
Zangua's fingers whiten around his glaive. "Make camp. One of the rooms we cleared," he grunts. "Maybe back in the water room, put Vhezyen to rest."
May 4, 2017 5:42 pm
The water room is still flooded.
May 4, 2017 5:45 pm
"Hells," Zangua curses, seeing the water spill out into the corridors. "Is there any place drier?"
May 4, 2017 5:48 pm
The slab room, the room where you found the mud people, the giant crystal room...
May 4, 2017 6:00 pm
"There is also the fact that he bound the thing once already. Perhaps he is better equipped to fight it than we are."
May 4, 2017 8:42 pm
"In which case, we better hope he's not pissed off at us for setting it free," Domarc says with a wry smile. "I'm reminded of some old saying about not meddling in the affairs of wizards."
May 4, 2017 11:09 pm
What room do you guys want to rest in?
May 5, 2017 12:22 am
"Let's go back to that room with the pool," Zangua sighs. "The one the mud-things swam into. Maybe they've come back, but at the very least it'll be better than sleeping here."
May 5, 2017 2:52 pm
I think that one is where we fought the Jinn; we'd all float down there.
May 5, 2017 3:57 pm
Yep. Flooded. Somebody pick a dry room!
May 5, 2017 4:02 pm
"Bah!" grunts Zangua, wondering why he's having to suddenly be the brains. "That gem-thing. We'll go there."
May 5, 2017 4:22 pm
The party makes camp in the room with the large crystal. Will you be taking turns keeping watch?
May 6, 2017 2:18 am
notinventedhere says:
Shall we rest for the night then? IIRC that's what we were going to do after "just checking one more room..."
OOC:
Just one more room.... always a good idea at the time. Probably the bane of many a party.
If the group can/does give Vhezyen a proper burial tonight before settling in, Leth will assist with that in whatever way possible. (Did we at least pull him out of the water?)

As they're about to settle in for the night, he approaches Zanuga.

"Hey, so... what happened to you, after you got zapped away? How'd you get back?" He asks, "I understand you may not want to talk about it just yet, but if we run into her again, that'd be useful information to know."
Last edited May 6, 2017 2:20 am
May 7, 2017 7:17 am
"I was in The Water," says Zangua. "I don't know where, but it was deep. Couldn't tell up from down, couldn't find the surface. There was a house or something, far away underwater. A giant fish swam by and I grabbed onto it, and it took me to this house.

"Just when my breath gave out, someone came. Big man, big like the fish, like the water woman. He spoke to me and gave me breath. His name is Fastarwalas, and he seeks the woman we just fought. He put me back here."
May 8, 2017 10:59 am
"Interesting. It seems we have an ally, of sorts, in the water-plane. Perhaps that will help if we encounter the jinn again." Felor thinks for a moment before continuing, "Before I rest for the night I will recover our departed friend's body and give him a full and proper burial on the hillside. Any who wish to assist are welcome."

I will drag Vhez's body out of the hillside, and bury it a short distance from the entrance (wherever the ground is suitable - perhaps burying under a cairn of stones if necessary), before performing the rites of Fjorgyn, as appropriate for a fallen ally of the mountain god who has perished in her service.

What useful equipment did he have on him that we can hold on to and use? Character sheet. Maybe the rings of Spell Storing, sack of gems, Potion of Giant Strength? I'll take the +1 Mattock (counts as: handaxe) if that's cool?
May 8, 2017 4:25 pm
Zangua stands guard over Felor's rites, lest any of the jungle inhabitants look for an easy meal.
May 8, 2017 4:34 pm
Mordred will watch the ceremony as well. Out of respect and caution.

I'll add everything from his sheet to Party Lootz except the mattock. Let me know if someone wants something specifically.
May 8, 2017 6:15 pm
Under a starry sky, the party lays Vhezyen to rest in a shallow grave covered by stones on a hillside on the island of Vorch. Somewhere overhead, an owl hoots mournfully as Felor commends his soul to Fjorgyn's care.

Then they divide up his belongings.

The party tucks themselves into bedrolls for a night of rest in the elementalist's cavern. Zangua takes first watch. Near the end of his watch, a pair of the mud creatures creep up to the doorway, see him, and beat a hasty retreat to wherever they came from.

Who has next watch?
load next

Thread locked