Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
May 2, 2017 11:16 am
Mordred follows, apprehensively, but understanding Zangua's need for revenge.
May 2, 2017 4:05 pm
The jinn in mistform leaves no trail to follow. Are you exiting this cavern complex?
May 2, 2017 4:13 pm
Once Zangua reaches a crossroads or multiple paths, he stops and tries in vain to look for signs of the jinn's passage. He grunts in frustration and turns around. "Where is she going?"
May 2, 2017 5:13 pm
"She's looking for Pafthinel, same as us. Well, not quite the same, she wants revenge, not information." Domarc says. "But I don't know that she knows what we know about where Pafthinel is. If she knows, she will go straight there. If she doesn't know, she could head anywhere on the island. Or, if she knows that we know, she might hang out somewhere and follow us."
May 2, 2017 5:27 pm
Zangua tries to deduce which of the many passages the jinn might have taken. If it leads out, he will exit the complex.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(5) = 5

May 2, 2017 8:23 pm
The jinn has left no trace, but the remaining sealed doorway is undisturbed. It seems likely the jinn exited the caverns, although descent down the unexplored pit is a possibility.
May 2, 2017 8:26 pm
Zangua huffs a breath. "Come on," he snarls, jogging for the exit.
May 3, 2017 5:17 am
Leth, a bit bewildered, keeps pace with the rest of the group.

"Did we agree that Pathfinel is probably on the other hill, where we saw the smoke?" He asks as they move.
May 3, 2017 6:44 am
"Wait," pauses Zangua, looking over and doing a mental headcount. "Where the hells is the talky-man? Vhezyen?"
May 3, 2017 11:54 am
"She killed him, Zangua. We revived him once, but she kept at him, and the final surge of water... I think it snapped his neck."
May 3, 2017 12:12 pm
"Nothing we could do," adds Felor, shaking his head. "It seems Fjorgyn decided it was his time. At least here," he gestures to their under-hill surroundings, "in the heart of her domain, his soul will not have far to go".
May 3, 2017 3:54 pm
"And with you gone - the jinn told us you were dead too! - we backed off on the fight. We know -" Domarc lowers his voice and looks around for mist - "that Pafthinel is at the other hill, based on what the mudmen said. But I don't that she knows what we know."
May 3, 2017 3:56 pm
Zangua chews on his words for a bit, then silently turns and continues towards the exit.
May 3, 2017 8:09 pm
Night has fallen. It is dark outside the cavern.

You can hear movement in the brush below, and strange cries from the creatures who roam the island.
May 3, 2017 8:30 pm
Does my darkvision give me any additional information? Maybe about what is moving below?

"Zangua, do you want to cross the island at night, or should we wait here for morning? I'm inclined to wait for the sun, but I defer to you on this."

EDIT: ಠ_ಠ
Last edited May 3, 2017 8:30 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(1) = 1

May 3, 2017 8:37 pm
"How far is that hill?" Zangua asks, not venturing beyond the threshold of the cavern. "If we have to go overland, it's suicide at night with those birds in the jungle." He curses and steps back inside.
May 3, 2017 8:54 pm
Mordred doesn't see much of anything.

The other hilltop about two miles distant.
May 4, 2017 3:10 pm
OOC:
Shall we rest for the night then? IIRC that's what we were going to do after "just checking one more room..."
May 4, 2017 3:20 pm
Yeah. If we can get a Long Rest I think it will help us in case we have to tangle with the Jinn again.
May 4, 2017 4:52 pm
OOC:
I think another encounter with the Jinn with the party in current state is going to be pretty bad. I think we have to cross our fingers and hope that we find Pafthinel before the Jinn. I also think we should stop poking our noses into all the nooks and crannies; clearly Pafthinel has bound some pretty powerful creatures here, and we run the risk of really messing ourselves and Pafthinel up.
"I think we have to trust to luck or the gods that we will reach Pafthinel before the Jinn," Domarc says. "I care not for what happens to Pafthinel - whatever the nature of the creatures he has bound, they are not enjoying their fate at his hands - but we need to know what he knows.

I think we should be very careful with what we disturb going forward."
load next

Thread locked