Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Apr 21, 2017 11:46 pm
BullOctorok sent a note to CancerMan
Apr 21, 2017 11:51 pm
CancerMan sent a note to BullOctorok
Apr 22, 2017 2:15 am
BullOctorok says:
yes, sorry, those were hits, sorry for not calling them out specifically, but you've been making quite a pincushion out of her every turn, seems like!
Ah! Yeah normally you narrate that stuff a bit so it threw me off when you didn't haha I thought maybe you missed my post. No worries then!

"What?!" Leth screams internally, completely stunned. "We're just gonna talk it out now, like she didn't just kill two of us?" He keeps his hand on his bow and arrows, and looks at Mordred in stunned confusion, mouth agape.

She's not gonna let us talk to Pathfinel and she won't willingly bring Zangua back, and she has no qualms about killing us. We should kill her first! He fumes to himself, too lost for words at the moment to act or say anything aloud.
OOC:
I very much don't want to let her heal herself and very much want to just kill her now, but I don't want to leap into a situation that the rest of the group doesn't want to get in to...
Apr 24, 2017 8:38 am
"One does not simply bargain with a jinn. They are not to be trusted!" says Felor between gritted teeth. He is visibly battered and bleeding after the impact of the water smashed him against the cavern wall, but still grips his spear tightly. Looking across at Leth, he can see the ranger is also not in the mood to parley.
Apr 24, 2017 8:43 pm
Not liking the sense of the room after the comments from both the Jinn and his compariots, Domarc casts invisibility on himself and heads back into the room where the Jinn was released.
OOC:
IN particular, I want a look at the bowl and the bottle and to try to see if there is any way to put the Jinn back in; I don't want to but I'm scared of continuing the fight. I'm not wild about working with a Jinn either; at the same time, Pafthinel isn't growing on me either - he seems busy summoning, imprisoning, enslaving, and dissecting other creatures. But this fight, which has taken out one, possibly two of us (I'm burning with desire to learn what is happening to Zangua), is really secondary to why we are here. So maybe we can close this particular barn door somehow. But we're spent and I don't know how much further we can get in a fight.
Apr 24, 2017 9:18 pm
"We are in agreement," the jinn says. "There is nothing to bargain. I want what I want and I will have it. Stop interfering and live. I am hurt, but you have lost more than me. Make an accounting and --" She stops, and watches with interest as the invisible Domarc moves through the knee-high water to the doorway. "What is this one doing?"
Apr 24, 2017 10:23 pm
Apr 24, 2017 11:41 pm
"What's who doing?"

Cast Thaumaturgy, create the sound of splashing footsteps the opposite of the jinn from Domarc.
Apr 25, 2017 2:30 pm
Mordred looks back and forth at Zangua, Felor and Leth and shrugs slightly. "What should we do?" he tries to express.
Apr 25, 2017 2:58 pm
Domarc says nothing, but continues wading his way towards the room. Guess I should pay more attention to my footing next time, he thinks. Might be about to get sloshed here.
Apr 25, 2017 3:52 pm
The jinn slaps the surface of the water, slpashing Domarc, the drops and rivulets outlining his invisible form.

"Fools," she mutters. "You will be the death of yourselves." She lifts one hand, and with a twist of the wrist, dissolves into a cloud of mist. The cloud swiftly streams toward the chamber's northerly exit.

Apr 25, 2017 4:19 pm
Apr 25, 2017 4:26 pm
OOC:
Quote:
"Fools," she mutters. "You will be the death of yourselves."
I feel like the DM is trying to tell us something 🤔
Apr 25, 2017 5:14 pm
OOC:
Quote:
The cloud swiftly streams toward the chamber's northerly exit.
That's the way out, right? We've basically set a Jinn loose on the island to hunt down the guy we need to talk with?

Can we restore from last save point?
Apr 25, 2017 7:43 pm
Domarc sighs at the failure of both his ruse and the fact that the jinn appears to be leaving, with no really means of stopping it. He does, however, continue into the room to have a look at the bowl & bottle and to see if there is anything else there.
Apr 25, 2017 8:26 pm
Domarc finds little of interest in the flooded chamber; the bowl and bottle appear unremarkable.
Apr 25, 2017 8:47 pm
Apr 25, 2017 9:36 pm
Felor watches the jinn leave and finally relaxes his grip on the spear.
"Zangua... where did he go? I... I don't think I have any way of bringing him back from... wherever..." Felor trails off, still breathing hard and unsure how to finish the sentence. Finally, he moves over to the broken body of Vhezyen and kneels next to the corpse.
"Mighty Fjorgyn! I commend this man's soul, your loyal servant until the end, into your care. May his spirit soar amongst the greatest peaks forever more."
Last edited April 25, 2017 9:38 pm
Apr 25, 2017 10:18 pm
Domarc comes back from the room, looking upset. "There's not much here. I think we should rest up, and pray that the jinn doesn't find Pafthinel before we do. At least we know where to look. Or maybe we'll luck out and find his notebooks on the Sphere."
Apr 25, 2017 10:25 pm
Do I have any idea where Zangua could have gone or how to get him back?

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

load next

Thread locked