The Runes of Oblivion [Game Thread]

load previous
May 1, 2015 3:35 pm
He is breathing regularly. Rollo is still looking after the dog...

OOC: Time for the next round... +1 this time
Edit: Oops that should have been -1 but worked anyway

Rolls

Flossi wake up - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Barekeln ware up - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

May 1, 2015 3:35 pm
Barekeln's eyes slowly flutter open...
May 1, 2015 3:45 pm
Hmm, what... Where am I... The last thing I remember was being at the inn and... I saw you there, and you... and you as well...

Oh, I'm sorry, where are my manners; my name is Barekeln Stoneforge, priest of... Hmm, priest of the Firstdwarf.
May 1, 2015 3:46 pm
"What did I do last night?" Mused the wizard as he pondered the scroll. "Looks like we were given instructions, directions to a place and we are after a naked troll?"

In the light of the torch, Veldebrand gets a better look at his surroundings and companions.

"I am Veldebrand the All Powerfull. Tamer of the Untamable Flame"
Last edited May 1, 2015 3:48 pm
May 1, 2015 3:54 pm
"All powerful eh? How about you power us out o' here?"

"Looks like we're bloody in this together, like it or not. Call me Grapthor. Now I wager we weren't bleeding dragged out here on mules and I can't have hit my head that hard to forget coming here. I'm way too hardheaded anyways. So I'm bettin' we were magicked." He looks at Veldebrand & Barekeln in turn. "Which one o' you did it?"
Last edited May 1, 2015 3:59 pm
May 1, 2015 4:11 pm
Rollo slowly gets up and picks up Flossi on his arms. He turns to the others.

"I'm Rollo and thats Flossi. Anyone of you a healer? I'm more of a practical guy..."

He flexes his enormous tattooed biceps without changing posture and looks expectandly at Barekeln.
May 1, 2015 4:42 pm
Ah yes, that I am. What seems to be the problem with the poor dog...

Barekeln pesses his hands on the dog and casts Healing Touch on it.

Rolls

Healing Touch CTN 12 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

May 1, 2015 5:14 pm
Opens his eyes and sniffs.
"Woof?"
And proceeds to lick Rollos face with wildly wagging tail.
May 1, 2015 5:15 pm
OOC: I'll just rule that works so we can go on :-)
May 1, 2015 5:29 pm
Well, it seems we're all in this together... whatever "this" is. So I suggest some quick introduction so we know who we are and what we can do so we can quickly work on some sort of plan to get out of here. As I said previously, I am Barekeln, a priest and healer. Grapthor seems like a skillful fighter, and I assume you...

He turns to Rollo

I'm sorry, I did not got your name, but you seem like a forestman of sort. Am I wrong to assume this? And then there is our magician friend over there...
May 1, 2015 6:19 pm
"I am Rollo, a warrior from an island of fire and ice so far north it does not have any trees. I am at home at sea. I have wandered far. This is Flossi the only companion left from my home."

Rollo has a big wooden club reinforced with iron bands hanging from his belt and a round wooden shield strapped to his backpack.
He wears leather bracers and greaves a leather vest and brown rough linnen pants that are tied to his calves with leather straps.
May 1, 2015 6:21 pm
Veldebrand waves off the dwarven cleric. "Oh, we can have chit-chat later. I think it best everyone arm themselves, if we are looking for a troll - and a naked one at that, we had best be ready." He then positions himself close to Rollo and has a look around the room.

Rolls

Searching (8+1=9) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

May 1, 2015 8:02 pm
You are in a 5x5 meter chamber. The walls, floor and ceiling consist of smothly hewn stonework of very good quality. There is a 3m wide passageway to the west. The trails of 4 men and a dog come from that direction and end at your bodies. Nothing else seems to have disturbed the thick layer of dust on the floor.
There are two closed wooden doors to the north and to the south. On the east wall is a lifesize relief of the blind godess of justice but holding an hourglass instead of a sword. Her blindfolded face seems to always stare at you. You realize that this is a masterpiece of sculpting that evokes an optical illusion without any magic. It seems a dwarven and elven artist have pooled their creativity for this effect.

Nothing else to be found in the chamber itself.

OOC: Please be specific how you are searching and where. And when rolling please list the attribute and trait.
May 1, 2015 9:26 pm
Seems we came here... willingly? This is indeed odd, I have no knowledge of our coming here. Perhaps you are right friend, maybe we already did introduced ourselves earlier and it will come back to us later, but I thought it would be better that we know what each one of us is capable of before we start exploring this death trap willy-nilly... I'm sure my other dwarven compatriot will agree that this place smells of death and despair...

His confidence slowly returning.

I suggest we go explore the way we came in, see if we can still easily get out of there in case of an emergency, and perhaps find some more clue as to what might have brought us here...

(OOC: so if I understand well, the party consists of 2 fighters and 2 mages?)
Last edited May 1, 2015 9:30 pm
May 2, 2015 1:26 am
"Seconded, dwarf. Roland? Rodrick? Rollex? Lead the way, back the way we came! I'll be right behind you!"
May 2, 2015 4:34 am
OOC: Yes, 2 Fighters 1 Healer 1 Mage
May 2, 2015 5:00 am
OOC: If Rollo and Flossi are taking point then Grapthor takes rear guard.
May 2, 2015 12:43 pm
Rollo puts Flossi down and comands "Guard!". He draws his club and shield and proceeds into the archway with caution.
May 2, 2015 12:44 pm
Flossi is all attention and tension now. He follows his master sniffing. His ears turn from side tu side listening for the slightest sound.
May 2, 2015 12:47 pm
The passageway is only 2 meters deep but 3 meters wide. It is made of a darker stone. At its ends you look on another wall to the west but you find narrow passages leading to the north and south.
Your footsteps come from the north.
load next

Thread locked