The Runes of Oblivion [Game Thread]

load previous
May 2, 2015 1:07 pm
"So we walked in here and fell under some sort of magical slumber. We also lost our recent memories... Did we encounter someone in the room we awoke in?" Veldebrand thinks aloud as he studies the floor carefully, looking for tracks of others in the archway.

Rolls

Read Tracks (MND 8 + IN 1) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

May 2, 2015 1:10 pm
"Well, as far as I could tell there were no tracks in the dust other than our own. There was that statue but no one paid it no mind.."
May 2, 2015 1:11 pm
OOC: Nood question: how do you guys know what the target number is for those skill checks?
May 2, 2015 1:18 pm
OOC: Just roll under or equal to your stats. That is a general success. If you roll without being prompted I will apply modifiers after the fact. If I tell you to roll I might tell you a modifier depending on the situation. On opposed rolls the higher successful roll wins.

Veldebrand doesn't find any tracks in the dust apart from the party's. However there seem to be some tiny runes ner the floor in the passageway. They look magicky.
May 2, 2015 1:19 pm
Sneeses from sniffing the dust too closely.
May 2, 2015 1:22 pm
"Hmm.. what do we have here?" Veldebrand mutters and he inspects the strange runes. The sorcerer closes his eyes and waves his hand over them feeling for the telltale signs of magical power...

Rolls

Detect Magic (MND 8 + AU 2) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

May 2, 2015 1:54 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC: Nood question: how do you guys know what the target number is for those skill checks?
(OOC: As Dex said in the metagamer anonymous thread, all rolls in DS4 use the formula "Attribute + Trait + various bonuses" and you try to rool equal or under that. A good example of such checks are your combat values (ex; MAT which is equal BOD + ST + WB of the melee weapon used.) Seep p.36 of the pdf to see a list of actions your character can perform and what Attribute + Trait combination they use...)
May 2, 2015 1:58 pm
Very well Rollo. I'll be right behind you in case you need my help or fall in a trap... Hmm, speaking of traps I'm not exactly trained in that , but I guess I can try my best at finding them.

Since their tracks shows they've came through the northern passage mostly unmolested, Barekeln will attempt a Search check on the southern passage to see if he spots any traps.

Rolls

Search check in southern corridor (MDN+IN) CTN 10 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

May 2, 2015 2:19 pm
Veldebrand feels a very light tingeling in his fingertips when touching the runes. They seem quite out of juice. He may now attempt to analyze the magic (MIN+AU).
Barekeln doesn't find any traps in the first 2 meters of the southern passage. After that the passage makes a sharp turn to the east.

OOC: Further rules questions and discussion please into the metageme threasd. I 'll answer all questions there. Here I'll put some notices for the new players if i feel a new situation comes up but I'll keep that to a minimum, too.
May 2, 2015 2:23 pm
Veldebrand senses the magic in the runes and places his fingers upon them to know the nature of their purpose.

Rolls

Identify Magic (MND 8 + IN 1=9) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

May 2, 2015 2:30 pm
If Veldebrand invented this spell he would have probably called it "Runes of Oblivion". It is a powerful amnesia spell triggered by anybody walking past the runes. The victim forgets everything apart from natural reflexes (breathing, heartbeat etc. ) including drinking and eating. Luckily the runes were almost out of power after the decades this place seems tho be abandoned. Else you wouldn't have just lost days or hours of memory but would have starved to death without even noticing.
This looks like a nice non lethal burglar trap to the mage and the former inhabitant seemed to think the same. And the Godess of Justis in the chamber before is surely a joke on intruders the owner of this place liked a lot.
May 2, 2015 2:32 pm
Rollo checks the first part of the northern passage to be sure.

Rolls

Checking for traps (MIN+IN=10) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

May 2, 2015 2:34 pm
The nordic warrior doesn't find anything unusual either. The northern passage also makes a sharp turn to the east after 1 meter.
May 2, 2015 3:30 pm
After explaining the trap to his companions, Veldebrand put his hand to his chin in thought. "Hmmm. The nature of this trap makes me question the notes we apparently wrote earlier. I don't think a troll would have the wits to avoid the runes and judging bybthge dust, no one has been here for some time." the sorcerer declared as he folded his arms in satisfaction at his deductive reasoning.
May 2, 2015 3:57 pm
"No troll footprints for sure. What next?"
May 2, 2015 5:51 pm
"Lead us to the exit, warrior...better to know our way out before going through one of those doors!"
May 2, 2015 9:53 pm
Indeed Veldebrand. If we got here, then we were hired for some job. Those notes about the troll probably have to do with something else deeper in this ruin. Perhaps another trap our employer knew of and wanted us to avoid, or some treasure he wanted us to find... either way, we'll find out eventually. Let's be on our guard and continue towards the exit. The sooner we have a clear way out of here in case of emergencies, the easier I'll be breathing...
May 2, 2015 10:09 pm
Rollo cautiously peeks around the corner of the northern passage.
May 2, 2015 10:14 pm
Rollo sees the passage leading 5 meters to the east before taking another bend to the south. It is quite empty.
May 2, 2015 10:15 pm
"Nothin here but more dust."
He walks down the passage and peeks around the next corner.
load next

Thread locked