load previous
Sep 1, 2015 5:30 pm
::glare::
Don't I get xp for that?
Sep 1, 2015 6:14 pm
unique_exemplar says:
::glare::
Don't I get xp for that?
No, no xp for your poor rolling fu. Only if I do a GM intrusion or you discover something.
Sep 1, 2015 6:22 pm
Damn. Oh well. It was worth a try.
Sep 2, 2015 4:40 pm
HA! I guess I'm ok with rolling 1's on initiative if it means I keep rolling 20's on attacks. :p
Sep 2, 2015 4:57 pm
Haha, for sure. I should ask if you want the +4 damage on that crit, or some kind of special effect (like a knockdown or disarm). The +4 would finish her off, just fyi, which is also why I didn't ask last crit.
Sep 3, 2015 2:22 am
No that's fine. If a natural 20 insta-kills, I'm good with that. ☺
Sep 13, 2015 1:22 pm
Oh crap. Forgot about silver bullets. Who had them? Didn't we divide those up? Well I think AJ will be remembering this when noticing the not-dying "soldiers"
Sep 13, 2015 2:26 pm
You all had about a dozen each, and I think you've used maybe half?
Sep 17, 2015 1:58 am
So we're getting close to the BIG THING. Like many games this summer, the Strange West has slowed down quite a bit. Chokokiko and Morrowind seem to be gone. How about you guys, how are you feeling about this game?

My plans were to eventually expand from the wild west recursion into the broader Strange universe. However, maybe these pbp games are better if they're shorter? I'm content continuing on with my plans with the three of you, but if you'd prefer a finish and maybe a new game, let's be frank about that.
Sep 17, 2015 2:15 am
It's been my understanding that pbp games are shorter (like one shots?) I'm currently playing in 3 games and it feels like I've reached my limit. I'd like to continue playing this game with you all for however much content you have ready
Sep 17, 2015 2:15 am
Would be nice to actually finish a game on here. I'd be for wrapping this up and moving on to a new one. Diego's not really doing it for me anyway.

(It's funny how some characters seem like they would be a blast when you create them, but once you start playing you just can't develop them in any meaningful way).
Last edited September 17, 2015 2:16 am
Sep 17, 2015 2:56 am
I'm sorry. Are there 2 "soldiers" left? I'm a bit confused
Sep 17, 2015 3:12 am
Yes, 2 unconscious soldiers. Eli coup-de-gras-ed the other 2.
Sep 17, 2015 3:20 am
Ah, I see. I suppose "unconscious" isn't "defeated"
Sep 19, 2015 1:14 pm
BTW: I've been meaning to post this, but +1 xp to Diego and Eli for using your first cyphers. Diego's bomb back in that store room, and Eli's super effective wall of unconsciousness.
Sep 24, 2015 5:33 pm
I forgot to chime in on your Sept 16 discussion about pbp's and general flow. Personally I do think that games in this format have to be short or move ahead fast, otherwise people lose interest. Sometimes the GM needs to push the story ahead if the players are quiet, and that can wake us up. Anyway, Wild West or other recursions, I'm up for whatever. One more XP and I'll be able to take an advance! Excited about that.
Sep 24, 2015 6:33 pm
I would like to keep going after the BIG THING that I'm about to describe to Eli. However, the opportunity will be extended to Diego to swap characters. I get it when characters don't work out the way you thought they might.

As an aside, as we expand to other recursion in The Strange network, your focus will change to match the next recursion (you will get to choose from a list). Your physical appearance may even change.
Sep 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Qralloq says:
However, the opportunity will be extended to Diego to swap characters.
Actually, moving to a different recursion may be all I need to get something from him!
Sep 24, 2015 9:37 pm
This sounds kinda fun. What part of our characters change when translating (right term?) to different recursions?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.