OOC, Metagame and Pot Pouirri

load previous
Oct 19, 2015 1:58 pm
Sculpts Light

Equipment: Clothing appropriate to your recursion (in Ruk, a bodysuit and an umbilical; in a Supers recursion, a suit and a utility belt) and an account with 70 bits.
Minor Effect Suggestion: Your construct blazes with extra light intensity, partly blinding your target on its next turn, which modifies any task it attempts by one step to its detriment.
Major Effect Suggestion: Make an immediate extra attack with your Hard Light Limb ability.
Tier 1: Hard Light Limb (3 Intellect points). You can produce an additional arm, either connected to your body or floating freely in space up to a long distance away. You can make it look like your normal arm, like the limb of a creature you’ve seen or encountered, like a simple geometric grasping surface, or like another shape you and your GM agree upon. In all cases, the arm is composed of translucent light of your chosen color. It acts as you direct, floating in the air. Directing the arm is an action. Without a command, the arm does nothing. It can move a long distance in a round, but it never moves farther than long range away from you. The arm’s hand can grab, move, and carry things. The arm can also attack. Once created, the arm lasts for ten minutes. Action to create; action to direct.
Oct 19, 2015 3:07 pm
Hmm, doesn't seem very impressive. What is "Integrates Weaponry"?
Oct 19, 2015 3:34 pm
Integrates Weaponry means that you are part cyborg and can attach a weapon to your arm (in place of your hand) and such a weapon does +1 damage. This could be a melee weapon or even a heavy gun.
Oct 19, 2015 3:58 pm
Interesting. Would I be able to switch attachments between weapon and hand?
Oct 19, 2015 4:05 pm
Yes, it takes one action to integrate or remove a weapon.
Oct 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Cool. I'll go for that.
Oct 19, 2015 5:07 pm
I will go with Fights Aliens!

Do we have to create a 2nd character sheet to reflect our translation? I can't find anything in the options of the character sheet function to do it in a simple manner.
Last edited October 19, 2015 5:10 pm
Oct 19, 2015 6:09 pm
I'd just put it in Notes - we could petition Keleth to alter the char sheet to add some recursion-specific flags for things, but we'd need a good idea of what we wanted it to look like first, me thinks.
Oct 19, 2015 9:46 pm
Diego will drag his old one along....
Oct 19, 2015 9:47 pm
Oh wow, are we going to run into River?? :-)
Last edited October 19, 2015 9:47 pm
Oct 19, 2015 10:20 pm
Two by two, hands of blue...
Oct 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Yet another system I have that remains unplayed.
Oct 19, 2015 11:08 pm
I've played Supernatural, which I think uses the same system. It was a good system, IMHO.
Oct 19, 2015 11:11 pm
My fellow recursors: I just wanted to make sure we didn't leave any cyphers behind. Who has claimed the following:

Duster -Eli
Sniper module - Eli
1 grenade - Eli
Book on Chicago wizard - Eli
30 rounds of ammo - ?
Guns - ?
Radiation Spike (lvl 9, crystal shard) - ?
Melt all (lvl 9 glass bottle with eyedropper and silver liquid) - ?
Glue lvl 6 - ?
Mind meld (lvl 2, sticky patch) - ?
Oct 19, 2015 11:41 pm
I took one of the machine-pistols and 60 rounds of ammo and a grenade.
Oct 20, 2015 12:13 am
I suppose AJ will take the radiation spike and melt all
Oct 21, 2015 1:07 am
You will also need to decide on your form and appearance. I suggest human or cyborg. This will be a cosmetic change, i.e., no stat adjustment. Think Firefly, Babylon 5, Alien: Resurrection, etc.
Oct 21, 2015 1:13 am
Ah, ok. Well I'm going to stay human. With Integrates Weaponry, I'd like that to be the only mechanical parts of AJ.
Oct 21, 2015 1:52 am
How about you each post in the game thread as you discover what look like. Then we'll get the story going.
Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
My new sombrero.

http://redshirtknitting.com/images/misc/jaynehat2.jpg
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.