Game's Discussion

load previous
May 28, 2015 1:38 am
I'd recommend going to http://gamersplane.com/forums/10/ and seeing what buzx there is around new games.
May 28, 2015 2:04 pm

Details from Zinobia explanation on liquid's effects:

Regular Failure:
4 Speed damage
- 1 speed edge, up to 0 (can not be negative) for one hour
+1 difficulty on speed tasks for one hour (stacking, per failure)

Nat 1 Fumble (Full Dive)
- 1 Damage track/3 rounds in liquid, could recover fast though
6 speed damage
-1 edge, can do negative edge that will require speed spent even on trivial speed tasks for one hour/2 rounds in liquid
+2 to speed rolls dificulty
May 28, 2015 2:21 pm
Btw i feel that you bit wonder why the encounter is challenging, but that how this game made to be, its very doable with some though and effort, and i hope that you like the game being actually challenging, demanding some creativity and weighting of decisions instead of being pure crawler where you can just blaze through story, level and finish it.

Believe me, it is easy puzzle encounter.
May 28, 2015 3:02 pm
Easiness is a matter of perspective. Personally I'm still having trouble picturing what exactly we are facing, so it's not easy to figure out how to get around it. That's what all my questions have been about - trying to understand.
May 28, 2015 3:11 pm
Maze.

Something like this but much bigger and more complex, where walls are surface stripes.
It have some parts of surface blocks disconnected so jumps required.

Small GM tip - your character tries to find solution in wrong way. There is very simple solution that exists.
May 28, 2015 3:58 pm
to Jax and Nyom players - i know that there new 2.5 of discussion pages from moment you saw the game thread last time, but the game in free discussion mode now, w/ o turns, till the party consolidates one collective decision on next action. Please start reading from page 4.
There alot of OOC talk too, and different experiements of other party members.
I simply wanted to not to freeze game by allowing some free discussion, but it became very active one with alot of experiements and stuff, so it grown into 3 pages. I wont do such thing at this scale, and will at least limit any free mode/do special threads for personal experiements.
The party trying to solve puzzle, or to deicide to go to battle some strong creatures or to go into mysterious flowers field which is expected to have some real dangers.
Cheers :)
May 28, 2015 10:01 pm
Well, I tried catching up, but at this point I think I'll just wait until an action is needed from me before speaking up. I can't post when I'm at work and generally am not home until at 5PM (UTC-5). If I'm going to be slowing things down I can bow out.
May 28, 2015 10:04 pm
szemely says:
Well, I tried catching up, but at this point I think I'll just wait until an action is needed from me before speaking up. I can't post when I'm at work and generally am not home until at 5PM (UTC-5). If I'm going to be slowing things down I can bow out.
Action is needed from you.
Now, actually, in the game thread, i mean you could at least tell what you think about next party action.
And please no, we want you in, i will just limit the pace next time. The game was set at much slower pace initially, and i really want to have all players participating in the game, without losing the interest.

All i may use is free mode rounds for such cases of discussions where player will need to do 1-3 posts or actions/mini actions, and which will end when all players are posted at least once.

And i really invest alot into story and setting, and i hope you getting glimpse of it, and experience it, because this is my main goal.
Some people love to read updates, some do not. You never know who you have in your player team before game actually gets going.
I hope that wont be too much to catch up, at least i sent already you some main aspects of what been there. You can skip it too if you cant ready it all - anyways i will limit such discussions by very large margin.

And yes, i also trying to provide joy, interest and challenge to other players. I will keep the golden balance between advancing and waiting for all players to cast their actions, allowing extra talk where it could be allowed, and will limit it .
May 29, 2015 3:21 am
Good assessment of the puzzle, harlandski. I think the breaking the walls thing may work and is worth a shot before continuing to the Avitrols. Also, I agree with your only posting once everyone else has posted since that was kinda what was in my head before. That should be about 1/day because of the time zone thing. I'm also UTC-5 but my schedule is much more open and keeps me up late. Even I woke up to a lot of posts but only added to the fire trying to get some thoughts in there. As such, I feel like this is the space that BlackStork would prefer us to use for such idle chatter to keep the in game immersion from getting clogged. We'll all be more vigiliant about that I'm sure. But for now, and before I get too carried away, let's see what our other three part members think before breaking walls or avitrols.
May 29, 2015 4:55 am
I made GM hint, because, well , Mandoric deserved it from different viewpoints.
It means what it means.
If after the spin he wont find the solution, the strong and sure party position on killing Avatrols might win.
And yeah, keeping occ discussions here is much better idea, and people who have time could go nnuts on discussion too, without creating pages of content to read in main game thread, it was initial purprose of this thread
:)
May 29, 2015 5:18 am
Do the walls move at all? Can we reposition them to make the jumps easier?
May 29, 2015 5:20 am
themightykobold says:
Do the walls move at all? Can we reposition them to make the jumps easier?
No. :)
The hint saying - all this approach is completely wrong direction, and Mandoric HAD glimpse of right idea, which is buried, undeveloped completely, under wrong ones.
Mandoric could solve it, may be.
May 29, 2015 5:25 am
Well, I had originally thought that burning the opposite field would help. If it is a self seeking coolant, it might try to fight the fire. If the field of energy eating plants were on our side, I was going to say let's light them on fire. If they are on the far bank, we could have some one that's trained jump over and light them on fire hopefully knocking two birds out with one stone.

You don't have to answer as to whether that's right or not, it was just an unexpressed thought from a while back and would rather have the party's input on it.
Last edited May 29, 2015 5:25 am
May 29, 2015 5:30 am
Ha ha - great minds think alike - I made my post on the Game thread before I read yours here, but the extra XP has your name on it, if I get it after all. I had also thought of burning the field, but was worried that that much fire might attract the beasts, but if the torch trick works it might be the way forward.
May 29, 2015 5:31 am
I deliberately confirmed that idea of moving walls will not work, as GM i am planting thoughts, datasphere input in Mandoric nano head. The answer is very simple, and .. Mandoric had something right...a direction.... once.
I will hint no more from now, and will leave this place for your discussion till we solve the puzzle or move on Avatrols. :)
May 29, 2015 5:39 am
Oh well, it really was fun trying to figure it out, and it's just a really interesting artifact in itself in terms of what it says about the history of a previous age.

Looks like we're going to get us some avatrol hides!

BlackStork - once we're past the Avatrols and the question of the canals is no longer relevant, any chance you could let us know what the solution was?
Last edited May 29, 2015 5:41 am
May 29, 2015 5:44 am
harlandski says:
Oh well, it really was fun trying to figure it out, and it's just a really interesting artifact in itself in terms of what it says about the history of a previous age.

Looks like we're going to get us some avatrol hides!

BlackStork - once we're past the Avatrols and the question of the canals is no longer relevant, any chance you could let us know what the solution was?
Yes, i will tell.
And you have your last chance, still.
Do not hurry to do the post there. Making it will mean you are using your last chance to solve it and find the way. Make Mandoric scan his previous thoughs and think about everything from the start.
May 29, 2015 5:47 am
I did, and that was my assessment. Even if my rope idea was right, nobody bought that anyway. I think we should move on and do what most people wanted to do anyway now! :-)
May 29, 2015 5:59 am
Statement from game thread:
its ok for others to try to solve. Please keep busy conversation ihere though. Trying time is over, now its better to find final solution and present it or its idea, complete, before all the party, before the party completely loses any belief that the canals thing could be passed safely.
Now each one does 1 turn. It could be presentation, experiement, which must bring or at least explain solution. If it does not, it does not, and if Avatrols smashing gets majority and/or all final experiements fail, then the party goes to hun
May 29, 2015 5:59 am
Yeah, I've gone back twice now and the only two ideas that seem viable paths for exploration are the "strong helping the weak", finding some option where we help each other, or that your original nano scan didn't roll high enough and that scanning again may reveal more info. The tying rope thing I was thinking about was send one person over that had high jump (anchor 1), tie rope to them and someone on the far end (anchor 2), have everyone cross over one at a time, and then maybe have anchor 1 go back (if anchor 2 is just strong and not a jumper), have someone else hold the rope on the far bank (anchor 3) with anchor 1, let anchor 2 cross, tie rope to anchor 1 in case he falls in on final crossing, and then have anchor 1 jump accross one last time.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.