Chapter 6: Mantol-Derith

load previous
Aug 16, 2017 2:31 pm
"Hunter, I trust." Mai'ngor whispers back to Elfog. "But if you'll recall, she hasn't been quite herself of late."
Aug 16, 2017 2:37 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Aug 16, 2017 4:09 pm
"Your input is appreciated, Sarith," says Hunter, settling into the sideseat saddle. "Let's go, we have a lot of ground to cover."
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Aug 16, 2017 11:14 pm
"Aye" Elfog whispers, shuddering at the thought. "Just have to keep an eye on the new 'ne then."

He directs his mount besides Sarith and, motioning towards the mount, asks him what it was that Meriele has said in an attempt to calm Hunter's ride.
Aug 16, 2017 11:40 pm
Poe watches this interchange with interest, but knowing her place, says nothing.
Aug 17, 2017 12:23 am
Meriele turns to keep pace with Hunter's riding lizard, walking slightly behind it and to the side. She remains silent, making no attempt to engage in conversation.
Aug 19, 2017 12:55 am
It is over a week before you get close to Mantol-Derith, all of which is relatively peaceful, aside from a couple of mindless monsters in your path, which are easily put down. As you get closer, your Zhentarim guide joins you for a short time, "We're probably just a day out now. I'm a bit surprised we haven't been spotted yet, this close, to be honest with you."
Aug 19, 2017 2:12 am
"Spotted?" Hunter repeats, asking for clarification.
Aug 19, 2017 2:48 am
"They're waiting for us? Should we be worried?"
Aug 19, 2017 3:55 am
"You don't think there would be a successful trading post out here without an abundance of security, do you?" he asks with a chuckle, "Nothing to worry about, I'm sure. They've just usually made contact by now."
Aug 19, 2017 5:48 pm
"I'm sure," says Hunter, though her tone does not share the sentiment. She begins channeling her innate powers, bringing them to the forefront in preparation for whatever awaits them.
Aug 19, 2017 6:00 pm
Uneasy as it is, Elfog does a quick weapon's check, just to ensure they're within easy reach should they be needed.
Aug 20, 2017 11:46 am
Meriele sighs softly through her nose, pulling her bow from her back and taking a moment to string it.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Aug 22, 2017 12:19 am
Naatkinson sent a note to MoMo
Amazingly, you don't run into any trouble on your last day traveling. You are still not confronted by any scouts or guards, but find one at the entrance into Mantol-Derith. The door is opened by a whispered password from the leader of the Zhentarim. You are led down a series of tunnels, through a deep trench, and to a lift, which is made of crystal.

From above, you suddenly hear a scream and then a svirfneblin crashes to the ground at your feet. As if triggered by the gnome hitting the ground, you suddenly hear the sound of pitched combat above. With a curse, the man who leads the Zhentarim turns to you, "Who's going up first? Seems like something bad's going on up there!"
Aug 22, 2017 12:52 am
Without hesitation, Elfog leaps from his mount, and unhooks Tolvihar from his back. "You and me, Mai'ngor" he yells over his shoulder, rushing forward towards the sound of battle.
Aug 22, 2017 1:27 am
OOC:
There's enough room for six people to go up each trip, and also your lizards can climb walls, though you'll not be able to have weapons out, as the saddles you have aren't designed for holding you in place securely enough for vertical ascent.
Sarith moves to the wall and nods, "Meet you at the top," he says and begins to levitate straight up.
Aug 22, 2017 3:01 am
"Figures," Hunter laments. She slides off her lizard, not very eager to test out the vertical climb, and opts for the lift. The sorcerer tries to remain in the back of the throng as she asks, "What's upstairs?"
Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am
Without hesitation, Poe slips into the lift behind Hunter.
Aug 22, 2017 10:14 am
OOC:
How far up? Misty Step if within range. Otherwise, I'll take a chance on the lizard.
Last edited August 22, 2017 10:15 am
Aug 22, 2017 11:37 am
Meriele, bow still strung over her shoulder, moves onto the lift and first takes a knee beside the fallen svirfneblin, checking him or her for any sign of life.
Last edited August 22, 2017 11:38 am

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

load next

Thread locked