Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
Sep 5, 2017 6:31 pm
Nice job. I did have a brief vision of us taking a hard left on the campaign and becoming Pirate Kings, but this is good too.

Next time there is a break in the duties on deck, Mordred performs for the crew. It's a sort of combination of pantomime and acrobatics based on folktales and legends of Sthombo. It should cross the language barrier well-enough. Plenty of pratfalls and tumbling.
Last edited September 5, 2017 6:36 pm

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Sep 5, 2017 6:46 pm
The conversation, basically, was Sour Fruit asserting that only he had the experience and moral authority to lead the crew and that the boatswain was a coward who did not deserve life, much less leadership. The rest of the crew was more or less acquiescent to Sour Fruit's insistence on helming the ship but did not feel like the boatswain and the other crewman who hid needed to be killed. There were also concerns expressed that you (the party) were dangerous to keep as passengers and dangerous to cross, and that it would be best to just take you to Utwar and not invite further complications. Sour Fruit asked Flat Snake who attacked first, how the pirate ship was set on fire, what Domarc said/promised to the pirates, and Flat Snake mostly answered that he wasn't sure or didn't understand what was being said.

The crew takes in Mordred's antics with a sort of grim stoic politeness.

As night begins to fall, do any of you wish to take any particular precautions with regards to your sleeping arrangements?
Sep 5, 2017 7:16 pm
Mordred rolls to Save vs Flop Sweat.

What are our quarters like? Do we have a separate room/rooms or are we in with the rest of the crew? I think you laid that out when we set off, but I forget.
Last edited September 5, 2017 7:17 pm
Sep 5, 2017 7:52 pm
Zangua says, "I think we'll need to set a watch. Maybe double-shift to watch each others' backs?"
Sep 5, 2017 8:13 pm
Leth nods. "I agree. With tensions running so high, and threats on our lives made... we'd be foolish to not keep some kind of watch in the night."
Sep 5, 2017 9:06 pm
"Indeed, we may need to watch our backs with this lot." Before night falls, Domarc will perform a quick story & song of the time on Vorch (which rhymes nicely with scorch for the fire bits, I think), playing up the Iron Sphere Gang's toughness and resolve; along with a mention of the brave sailors who waited for them to give them safe passage.

Domarc will also let Sour Fruit know the terms of the bargain struck with the Mournful Mother.
Last edited September 5, 2017 9:06 pm

Rolls

Perform - (1d20+7)

(15) + 7 = 22

Sep 5, 2017 9:34 pm
You're sleeping in communal quarters with the rest of the crew.

Domarc's performance goes over a little better and seems to engage the crew, but they're still in pretty low spirits after the events of the early morning. Sour Fruit hears what Domarc has to say, but does not offer much back in the way of response.
Sep 6, 2017 12:12 pm
"I'll take first watch with you, Zangua."

Felor will dole out Cure Wounds for any remaining crew with injuries from the fight.
Sep 6, 2017 3:47 pm
Zangua nods. "If anyone asks why we're awake, we can just say we're being alert for more pirates."
Sep 6, 2017 4:17 pm
"I can sit the second watch," Domarc says. "I'm used to being up in the small hours."
Sep 6, 2017 4:24 pm
"Another thing we might be keen on is whether the new captain wants to punish any of the crew and blame it on us," Zangua adds, though he does not provide an example nor further insight.
Sep 6, 2017 4:29 pm
"I think the new captain just wants us off the ship, leaving him free to run things," Domarc says. "But perhaps we should keep an eye on the boatswain for now, and offer him a quiet word that he and whoever he hid with might be wise to leave this deck and not return when we make port."
Sep 6, 2017 5:59 pm
You can't shake the feeling the Sour Fruit and his loyalists have their eyes on you, but you remain vigilant through the rest of the voyage, and eventually the welcome sight of the castle of Utwar's spires reaching up through the morning fog reaches your eyes.

The crew of the Swiftness of Camazotz has little to say by way of farewells as you disembark. Even Flat Snake seems as though he'd rather forget any of you were ever on board the ship.

You have returned to the city of Utwar on Bload. It is mid-morning, and the weather is cold and foggy. Hazard is about 250 miles to the northeast, give or take. What does the party wish to do now?
Sep 7, 2017 4:56 pm
"Well, that was a trip," Domarc says. "Now that we are back, I feel some urgency to get back to Hazard and see what our next move is, and to find out what has happened in our absence. Unless we wish to make an unexpected gambit for the Sphere ourselves."

How was our transit here done? Did we just walk? Or is there a faster alternative? Do we need to maybe stop and sell some stuff/resupply?
Sep 7, 2017 5:20 pm
You came here by boat, but going back to Hazard via the river would be an upstream journey and not necessarily faster than going overland.

You're in town, it's daytime, the shops are open, all seems well and normal in Utwar. Feel free to do any shopping, information gathering, etc you like.
Sep 9, 2017 9:05 pm
OOC:
How we doing on health potions and whatnot?
Sep 11, 2017 8:45 am
OOC:
Is there any way to send a message to Hazard to warn about the portal? As in a message that would get there faster than us. Are carrier pigeons a thing?
Sep 11, 2017 3:55 pm
Birdborne messaging is a thing, but it would be specific to certain places/trainers, there's no organized raven network or anything. Likewise, magical long-distance communication is possible but not commodified. You are all more than welcome to poke around Utwar to look into this!
Sep 11, 2017 6:57 pm
"I'm inclined to get on the fastest carriage we can find, as soon as we can. Does anyone want to join me to see if there is a Hackney Guild or similar in town?" Mordred begins asking around and checking signage around the docks to see what he can see.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Sep 11, 2017 7:15 pm
Zangua follows the group. He is quiet and does not offer any opinion, as his attention is on their surroundings. He expects an ambush around every corner.
load next

Thread locked