Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
Sep 15, 2017 1:19 am
Message has a pretty short range, but sending would work.

Spellcasting seems to be our weakness as a party... we need a wizard!
Sep 15, 2017 9:20 am
As the party prepare their horses to leave Utwar, Felor says "Perhaps we should visit this..." Felor sighs "...wizard up the coast. He may be able to send a warning to Hazard ahead of us. Let them prepare defences."
Sep 15, 2017 4:49 pm
So, you're off to see the wizard, then?
Sep 15, 2017 4:52 pm
OOC:
That's Zangua's vote, despite his hesitancy at dealing with magics once again.
Sep 15, 2017 8:01 pm
"Words fly swifter than horses," Domarc says.

Horse cost deducted on the party loot sheet. And Sending was the spell I was thinking of
Last edited September 18, 2017 3:25 pm
Sep 15, 2017 8:32 pm
The horses you buy are mild-mannered rounseys, uniformly chestnut colored with almost-black manes, healthy looking if a bit on the small side. The tack the horseseller fits them with are clearly secondhand pieces, but they came for free so you can hardly complain.

You ride a coastal trail a few miles north from Utwar that runs alongside a low shelf of cliffs covered in tall bluish-green grasses. Gnarled oak trees and rough boulders spot the lumpy hills to your east. Eventually, the trail forks, and a narrow path leads down the cliffs to a sheltered stretch of beach. On a rise in the cliffs overlooking the path sits a squat, rounded stone hut with a little fenced-in yard in which a few goats and chickens are kept. There are footprints on the beach sand, leading into the ocean.
Sep 18, 2017 3:27 pm
"What is it with wizards and a need to immerse themselves in the elements," Domarc says, scanning the ocean.
Sep 18, 2017 3:40 pm
Zangua looks for somewhere to hitch their horses.
Sep 18, 2017 3:50 pm
The fence posts are probably your best bet.
Sep 18, 2017 3:56 pm
Zangua dismounts and leads his horse to the fence, looking to hitch the reins to a post. He looks for a gate to gain access to the front door, mindful to keep any goats and chickens inside the yard. Barring any difficulty, Zangua tries to head straight to the front door.
Sep 18, 2017 3:58 pm
The door is made of thick wooden planks and painted a dull, peeling yellow. There is a brass knocker and handle.
Sep 18, 2017 4:10 pm
Zangua uses the knocker to announce his presence, rapping against the door several times with a bit of strength.
Sep 18, 2017 4:31 pm
There is no reply. One of the chickens flaps up to the roof of the hut, walks to the edge, and peers down at Zangua quizzically.
Sep 18, 2017 4:38 pm
Zangua tries again, stifling a yawn, and folds his arms across his chest.
Sep 18, 2017 5:17 pm
"I do appreciate having someone around who likes the direct approach," Domarc says, alternating glances between Zangua and the ocean, trying to see if he can see anyone swimming out there.
Sep 18, 2017 5:21 pm
The chicken clucks at Zangua, but there is no other response to the second round of knocking.

Domarc doesn't see anyone swimming.
Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm
"Does anyone speak chicken?" Domarc asks, eyeing the bird sourly. "I have no wish to repeat our efforts with the Mudmen,
and I do not think that even Mordred knows a chicken dance."
Sep 19, 2017 4:41 pm
"Why are you asking about a chicken?" Zangua asks, irritated by the wait.
Sep 19, 2017 6:11 pm
wizard up the coast

I see what you did there.

Mordred does a little chicken-based jig and nods to Zangua. "Try the door. It looks like this wizard went for a swim, but perhaps they're asleep or something."
Last edited September 19, 2017 6:12 pm
Sep 19, 2017 6:16 pm
"I ain't opening the door of a wizard without an invite," says Zangua. "Didn't work too well for us last time with the elf."

He tries the knocker a third time.
load next

Thread locked