Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
Sep 11, 2017 8:53 pm
Your fastest nonmagical travel option would probably be to buy horses. Alternatively, there are wagons you could hire and traders you could travel with.
Sep 12, 2017 9:54 am
Felor starts investigating the town to see if there is any sort of local wizard or other magic user whose services might be obtained.
Sep 12, 2017 3:39 pm
Investigation roll, Felor!
Sep 12, 2017 3:57 pm
Zangua opts to not let Felor wander about alone, reasoning that numbers will help. Though he doesn't know what to look for, he tries to assist Felor in the investigation.
Sep 12, 2017 4:01 pm
I'm down with buying horses. We've got plenty of gold.
Sep 12, 2017 5:08 pm
Zangua, you can add your own Investigation roll if you're helping Felor.
Sep 12, 2017 5:13 pm
OOC:
Could I just have Felor roll with advantage?
Sep 12, 2017 6:22 pm
"Fast transit or a fast message," Domarc says, joining Mordred in searching for services that can help. "It also might help to see if there is any news from Hazard's direction."

Oh hai, I did my thing were I posted assuming the last message on the page I was on previously was the ,pst recent one. Feel free to ignore or assume I am aiding, whatever.
Last edited September 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Sep 12, 2017 7:23 pm
At the Little Fishmarket, Domarc finds an oyster farmer recently returned from Hazard. He says that the city was in a mournful mood over some recent tragedy, the details of which he didn't bother to inquire about. "Hazard's a mad city," he explains. "Her first temples were built with the bones of monsters. Layers on layers of accursedness, there. The less you know about their intrigues, the better. All I care about is that they've a taste for my oysters and the coin to buy them up."
Sep 13, 2017 9:57 am
Yeah horses sounds good.

Felor, with Zangua in tow to exert some amount of intimidation, asks in local shops as to whether there are any magic users or suchlike in the area who may take payment for services.

Rolls

Investigation skill check - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Investigation skill check Advantage - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Sep 13, 2017 3:26 pm
Domarc figures that tragedy is fine to hear about, given that the alternative is apparently the use of inter-dimensional transport to unleash an otherworldly horror on the city. Although the oyster farmer might have a massive gift for understatement.

My ability to not take a spell that would be really handy in our circumstances continues; I could have taken Message and our communication across distance issues would be aided.
Sep 13, 2017 5:17 pm
I think Message is fairly short range. Yes, a little googling says 120 ft.

Mordred casts about for the nearest stable and begins to haggle over horseflesh.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Persuasion - (1d20+8)

(7) + 8 = 15

Sep 13, 2017 5:45 pm
Felor visits an medicine shop rank with the briny odors of sea life and shore plants where the proprietor tells him of a local mage known as Wet Beng who lives a few miles up the coast and is known to sell services of a magical nature.

Mordred finds horses for sale for 90 GP each. He talks the seller down to 85 GP with saddles and other essential gear included.
Sep 13, 2017 5:55 pm
That's over half our GP (425 our of 706) if we get 5 (am I missing anyone in the party?). I'm OK with that, as we haven't been particularly hurting for cash so far. We could always grab a side-quest or two if we need to grind later.

"I'll be back momentarily after I check with the rest of my party." Mordred goes off to regroup with the others and let them know of he bargain he's found.
Sep 14, 2017 5:29 pm
Zangua is fine with horses, and reports Felor's discovery of a 'wet mage' (his words).
Sep 14, 2017 5:32 pm
So, you're all gonna buy horses and ride to Hazard? All in agreement? Anything else to do before you leave Utwar?
Sep 14, 2017 7:44 pm
Do we want to see if this mage can transmit some sort of message to Hazard?
load next

Thread locked