Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
Sep 19, 2017 6:33 pm
"That's fair." Mordred admits. "I'll check the beach, then." Mordred follows the footprints, keeping the hut and the rest of the party in sight if possible.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Sep 20, 2017 9:01 am
Felor mutters "This wizard and his magics better be worth it," before closing his eyes briefly and continuing to speak almost inaudibly.
Eyes open again, he approaches one of the goats and makes a bleating sound.
[ +- ] baaa-bhaa bahh?
Cast Speak With Animals.
Sep 20, 2017 3:50 pm
"At this point, the chicken seems the only one to respond to your knock, Zangua," Domarc says. "And the ways of wizards are not those of normal people, as we have seen. The chicken may be his familiar, or indeed the wizard themself; some bizarre experiment, perhaps."
Last edited September 20, 2017 3:50 pm
Sep 20, 2017 4:10 pm
"A person ought to be familiar with his livestock," replies Zangua, casting an eye upon the rooftop bird. "But if he changed himself into a chicken, what good is he to us now?"
Sep 20, 2017 6:28 pm
Zangua lifts his eyebrows and gives an approving nod.
Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm
Very much a fan of the Vaudeville comedy duo of Domarc & Zang.
Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm
The goat bleats back at Felor.
[ +- ] Goatspeak
As Mordred follows the footprints down to the water, someone comes marching up out of the waves as if ascending from a basement stair. It's a clean-shaven, fit man of about forty or fifty, sandy hair neatly trimmed, wearing brown shorts and a white linen vest. Though his overall presentation is pleasant and tidy, he has a few old scars on his face and a nose that looks like it's been broken more than once.

"Hello!" he says. "Forgive me, I was underwater." He looks up at his hut and waves to the rest of the party. "What brings you here, tiefling?"
Sep 20, 2017 8:43 pm
rocksteady says:
Very much a fan of the Vaudeville comedy duo of Domarc & Zang.
Same
Last edited September 20, 2017 8:43 pm
Sep 21, 2017 6:41 pm
Zangua remains by the door while Mordred speaks to the swimmer.
Sep 22, 2017 1:47 pm
"I'm guessing you must be Wet Beng. We seek your magical services. We need to get a message to Hazard as quickly as possible, and are hoping that you have ways and means available to you that are faster than horseflesh. My party is back at your home, and we are sorry to interrupt your ablutions. Please let us know as soon as you are ready to speak business."
Sep 22, 2017 3:42 pm
He nods deferentially when Mordred says his name. "I am known as he, yes. Come, let's walk back and meet your friends. It's no interruption, don't worry." As you walk back up the beach with him, he asks: "What sort of message do you need to send? Is it to be received only by a particular individual, or do you want a declaration written across the sky for all to see?"
Sep 22, 2017 4:19 pm
"Ah, yes. It would be for a specific individual only. We have his name, but not much else. If there's a way for him to respond all the better. In fact, the best thing would be for us to travel the distance ourselves, if that is something within your power. We have money."
Sep 22, 2017 4:43 pm
"I have money, too," he says with a smile. "We'll work something out." You start to ascend the path that runs up the cliff to his hut. "There's a simple way to do this, and that would be for me to cast a spell that allows me to whisper words into the mind of any person I know. I have friends in Hazard; I could send your message to them, and they could attempt to convey it to the person you wish to communicate with. Now, that's the simplest method, but it's not the only method. Sending you all to Hazard faster than your horses can carry you, though...that could be done, too, but there'd be quite a bit more involved with that."

You arrive at the hut. The chicken flaps down from the roof and lands at Wet Beng's feet, clucking excitedly. He pays her no mind. "Greetings, friends. I am told you have an urgent need to contact or visit the great city of Hazard."

Everybody give me a Perception check.
Sep 22, 2017 4:51 pm
Zangua has started to tune out the wizard's words, leaving the discussion in the hands of the negotiators. As Wet Beng and Mordred reunite with the group, Zangua resumes a posture of waiting for the drawn-out conversations, and finds his eyes wandering the area.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+6)

(13) + 6 = 19

Sep 22, 2017 5:11 pm
BullOctorok sent a note to CancerMan
Sep 22, 2017 5:36 pm
Fuck, Wet Beng is in the 6PC, isn't he?

With this mention of "friends in Hazard," Mordred suddenly becomes suspicious of the swimming wizard. He looks everywhere for the sign of the crown.

"If it can be done, we are interested in learning how. What do you mean, there is more involved?"

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Insight (is he trustworthy?) - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Sep 22, 2017 5:57 pm
Mordred doesn't notice anything strange; the wizard is a more ordinary-seeming fellow than Mordred would have expected, but he seems decent enough.

"There are five of you, and your horses. To convey you all to Hazard would take more than a snap of my fingers and an incantation, and there are risks to consider--instantaneous travel being the most dangerous." He scratches his chin. "They say the wizard Narbalanger created a flying barque to carry the Priest-King Anko and his four finest war-chariots, horses, drivers, and all, across the Thorovian Desert. I would like to be able to say I matched such a feat! But that would take quite a lot of time and effort."
Sep 22, 2017 6:47 pm
"More time than it would take to ride?"
Last edited September 22, 2017 6:47 pm
Sep 22, 2017 6:56 pm
"Well, why don't you spend some time thinking 'bout how you'd do it. We're gonna chat and see if it's worth the payment we have," Zangua interrupts. He starts to move away from the door, for the gate to leave the premises. He tips his head to the others to indicate they should follow.
load next

Thread locked