Ch. 1

load previous
Sep 16, 2015 2:28 am
Asterion moves out of the magical darkness and takes cover behind some crates, eyes probing the room.

Rolls

Initiative (including the +1 from Ravastine) - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Perception - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Sep 16, 2015 4:31 pm
Uhlskah has a brief pang of conscience as he hears Kirrian clatter down, and chooses not to betray his position by answering Ravastine. For now focuses his attention on seeing the foe he has hopefully blinded.

Gah! The dice roller is broken!
Last edited September 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Perception - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Sep 16, 2015 8:20 pm
1)Ravastine acts first
2)Asterion
3)Creature
4)Uhlskah
Sep 16, 2015 8:33 pm
OOC: Ummm, I attack the darkness?
Fearing for her companion, Ravastine listens carefully for something that doesn't quite sound like an Uhlskah, and then will attack.

Rolls

Perception (listen) - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Attack (flail) - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

damage (flail, 2 handed) - (1d10+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Sep 16, 2015 9:06 pm
Asterion is uncertain what and where the threat is. All he knows is that Uhlskah isn't responding and there is a cloud of unnatural darkness at the foot of the stairs. Experience tells him to wait and prepare to act.
OOC:
Readied action: Eyebite.
Trigger: threat shows itself and Asterion can move into range.
Sep 16, 2015 9:57 pm
Ravastine spots a wolf-like creature, steps forward and swings her flail.
Teeth snap as it tries to bite her on her approach.
The flail buries into its back and it howls in pain swinging its scorpion tail absent a stinger.
Asterion spots them and leaps forward.
Edit:I don't know if this lets you see the results...
18 vs AC
5 potential damage

Rolls

Bite vs AC

Potential Damage

Sep 16, 2015 11:33 pm
Asterion locks eyes with the creature as it lunges for Ravastine.
Quote:
Eyebite
At-Will ✦ Standard ✦ Ranged 10 ✦ Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Target: One creature
Attack: CHA vs. Will
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier psychic damage, and you are invisible to the target until the start of your next turn.

Rolls

Attack roll vs Will - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Damage - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Sep 17, 2015 7:17 pm
The wolf winces at the pain from its head creeping into its eyes. Having no idea where it came from the wolf concentrates on the enemy in front of him using his turn to viciously try and draw blood through the clinking armour.
(Uhlskah's turn)

Rolls

Bite

Potential Damage

Sep 19, 2015 5:34 pm
Something in the wolf's cry of pain causes a dark note to resonate in Uhlskah's soul, and the drow feels some of his energy seeping away to support the kubi in his violence. As the magical darkness gives way to its mundane counterpart, the dark elf lets out startlingly realistic growls and barks in the direction of the wolf, which even to a humanoid ear sound caustic.
Asterion gains 2HP from Virtue of Valor.

Attacking wolf with Vicious Mockery.

- Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when any ally
within 5 squares of you reduces an enemy to 0 hit points or bloodies an enemy, you can grant temporary hit points to that ally as a free action. The number of temporary hit points equals 1 + your Constitution modifier at 1st level...

- Vicious Mockery
Bard Attack 1
You unleash a string of insults at your foe, weaving them with bardic magic to send the creature into a blind rage.
At-Will Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action Ranged 10 Target: One creature Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier psychic damage, and the target takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Rolls

Vicious mockery against wolf's AC - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Psychic damage - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Sep 19, 2015 6:28 pm
Ravastine shakes her head to clear the illusions. Surely this cellar is a madhouse. Wolves, magical darkness, now the Drow is singing to the wolf. At least he's alive. She prays to Erathis that she isn't hitting the bard. She attempts to maintain the wolfs attention in spite of the chaos, and tries to drive the beast down.
Divine Challenge - mark the target, -2 to attack not me plus 6 radiant damage the first time
Enfeebling Strike - 1[W]+cha (3); if marked, it also gets -2 to attack rolls to end of my next turn

Rolls

Attack roll - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Damage, flail 2handed plus enfeebling strike - (1d20+7)

(19) + 7 = 26

Sep 19, 2015 6:29 pm
Heh...should be 1d10 for flail damage, not that I hit
Sep 20, 2015 5:31 pm
Asterion calmly strides up to the creature. He casually thrusts his shifting blade into thin air beside him and the astonished creature suddenly finds itself at the kubi's swordpoint!
Quote:
Wield the Warp
Encounter Standard Melee ✦ Arcane, Implement, Psychic, Radiant, Teleportation, Weapon
Target: One creature
Requirement: You must use this power with your Starshadow Blade.
Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d10 + Charisma modifier psychic & radiant damage, and you teleport the target to another square adjacent to you.
And here is the reason why I made two attack rolls:
Quote:
Inevitable Strike lronwrought Attack
Encounter No Action ✦ Elemental, Weapon
Target: Personal
Trigger: You make a melee weapon attack roll.
Effect: Make the attack roll twice. If both attack rolls hit, the target takes 1d8 extra damage.

Rolls

Wield the Warp: 1d20 + Cha (4) + Heavy Blade Expertise (1) + Rod Expertise (1) - (1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (15) + 6 = 21

1d20+6 : (17) + 6 = 23

Radiant & psychic damage - (2d10+4)

(26) + 4 = 12

Possible extra damage (Inevitable Strike lronwrought Attack) - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Sep 21, 2015 10:15 pm
The wolf jumps away as Ravastine swings at him again. Then Finds itself moved,teleported and confused as Asterion plunges his blade into the wolf's chest almost splitting it in half. It falls to the floor, dead. An odd, poor creature looking like someone tried to slap a scorpion onto a wolf, the stinger is missing though, broken off. Kirrian is groaning on the floor. You turn to see the stinger protruding from his chest.
Sep 21, 2015 11:12 pm
Asterion rushes to the fallen gnome's side. "Shadowpool! Stay with me, Shadowpool! KIRRIAN!! DAMMIT!" The kubi looks up helplessly at his companions...
Sep 22, 2015 12:48 am
Ravastine kneels before Kirrian and lays her gauntlet on his chest, whispering a benediction to Erathis. She concentrates and then rises. "I can do nothing for the poison, but hopefully Erathis'es judgement will stable the wound.
Lay On Hands: Ravastine spends a healing surge, but Kirrian gets the effect as if he had spent it (I.e., regains 1/4 maximum health).
Sep 22, 2015 1:53 am
Uhlskah slips his black-laquered lute off his shoulder, and begins to strum ever so gently, humming a dark but somehow comforting melody.
Quote:
When you play an instrument or sing during a short rest, you and each ally who can hear you are affected by your Song of Rest. When an affected character spends healing surges at the end of the rest, that character regains additional hit points equal to your Charisma modifier with each healing surge. A character can be affected by only one Song of Rest at a time.
OOC: I'm not sure if this works with Ravastine's transferred healing surge, or Kirrian has to use his own...

Uhlskah's Charisma modifier is +4
Last edited September 22, 2015 1:54 am
Sep 25, 2015 12:13 am
Kirrian looks better, though still pale, he sits up and leans against a wall, but doesn't stand. Their are brief noises of a woman yelling, coming from somewhere down here.
Sep 25, 2015 8:38 pm
"Where the hell are Kirrian's people?!" Asterion hisses. "Ravastine, watch over him. Uhlskah, with me." Sword still ready, Asterion heads towards the noise.
Sep 26, 2015 3:40 pm
Trying to uphold his youthful swagger, Uhlskah draws his hand crossbow and moves quickly along with Asterion. However, the bard's hand trembles on the weapon - he is not used to being so close to the macabre news he usually only writes songs about.
Sep 26, 2015 3:50 pm
Whispering quietly, Ravastine asks Kirrian what happened. Her eyes scan the ladder up, and she keeps an ear out for trouble in Asterion's direction.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.