Somewhere there's a Scienctist [P, R, & W]

load previous
Feb 15, 2018 10:09 am
Adam takes out his phone, hoping to use the gps to see if they are far away from the church. "Do you have a place to hide out until all of this is over father?" Adam asks. "Don't want to take you into a potentially dangerous situation again."
Feb 15, 2018 6:59 pm
"I would say my church since it's a way into the mountains... but I'd have to get there." he explains.

Roach realizes they're close to a place called Шортанды which translates to Shortandy. He's unsure if that's good or bad.
Feb 16, 2018 1:12 pm
"We're at some place called... Shortandy?" Adam says, hoping his pronunciation is somewhat right. "Could you guide us back to your chuch? It'll be a good place to start our search."

Looking around he's trying to find a vehicle to reappropriate.
Feb 16, 2018 3:42 pm
I could it is mostly a long drive maybe 200 kilometers." he explains.
OOC:
Let me get a notice check don't forget your bonus, you both can look around.
Feb 17, 2018 4:02 pm
Markus looks around to see if there seems to be any inconspicuous vehicle that could be ... borrowed... for a 200 km journey....

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (2) = 2

Feb 18, 2018 11:20 am
OOC:
Notice

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (1) = 1

Feb 20, 2018 8:57 pm
Neither of you see anything you like. There is still the vehicle you drove here in although it is a bit banged up. The priest falls to his knees seeing the carnage. The two agents see their teammate cradling an unmoving body and in his lap and a small boy who weeps openly.
Feb 25, 2018 2:26 pm
Adam curses as he walks over to his teammate. The whole situation making him uncomfortable, he stands there a moment, not knowing what to do. Awkwardly he places a hand on his shoulder then trying to say something, but no words come.
Feb 26, 2018 3:55 am
Markus starts to make his way towards the car they came in. Let's go! he calls out to the other team members. We need to be gone.
Feb 26, 2018 5:13 pm
Roach can tell by the scrunched up face and closed eyes the young boy's similar face and horse crying means he's made the realization some time ago. Prentis rocks quietly holding one of the fatalities. Looking around Roach realizes the levity of how extensive things were. Sirens in the distance put him at odds at what to do. It seems Prentiss might be in shock of what happened and he's not moving for some time.

Markus yells for the team to get to the original stolen car. The priest has reached several times for rosary beads on his forearm that he never seems to find as he continues to stumble away from the carnage making the sign of the cross and muttering under his breath taking it in.

The two of you get into the car with the priest in the back. The carnage and aftermath get smaller behind you but distance doesn't seem to diminish the situation and images from your mind that much. The priest stays quiet in the back. The drive to Shortandy is quiet but as you reach the outskirts of the town. The closest sign to the Highway reads 'Disko-Bar'
Apr 3, 2018 11:45 am
OOC:
Checks pulse to mark time of death.
Apr 4, 2018 1:58 am
OOC:
I'm not dead, yet.
Markus looks back at the priest. So...where should we go...
Apr 4, 2018 1:19 pm
"'Disko-Bar' I need a drink." he states pulling his collar off and sighing. Roach busies himself for a bit muttering about the car's transponder and takes to fiddling with the car and checking something online.
Apr 5, 2018 2:33 am
Markus pulls into the parking lot of the Disko-Bar...making a cursory look about the place.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (62) = 8

Apr 5, 2018 11:03 am
Shortandy seems to be the name of the district you're in by the signs and you find a place you point out to Roach to stash the car while he works on it. The bar seems quiet dead considering the time of day and the silence on the road this makes sense. Someone comes to serve you and the priest gets a beer. Woolfe realizes it's been a while since he ate. Once you're settled the barkeep seems to go in the back to handle things leaving you it seems on an honor system to not bail on your tab. Likely from him looking at the priest collar on the bar and figures he probably doesn't want to know what's causing a priest to drink this time of day.

"So... this isn't really what I was expecting. I was just going to show you people the area, but then there was the car jacking and the guns, and the Russian, were they mafia? And the shooting, and the screams, and the violence... and the death..." he rambles taking a pull of his beer and staring off in contemplation. "What is going on?" he asks exasperated.
OOC:
SA will be MIA for a few months it seems, You know as a point of contact he knows some things about the world most don't in this case you know although you're 'green' as an agent he's totally out of the know right now on what's going on.
Apr 5, 2018 11:42 pm
Well, truth be told, it is probably a little better for you not to know too much. Markus takes a swig of his beer. I am trying to find someone that looks like this. he says taking his phone and showing a picture of the scientist they are trying to find.
Apr 6, 2018 1:19 pm
The man nods, "I remember, I was suppose to take you to my church so you can see where I last spotted here. But then all this happened." he explains waving a hand around, "It tempers one's faith in humanity..."

Roach eventually comes in cleaning off his hand and downs a beer as well since it's been a helluva first day on the job he admits. After a bit you all have the option of going down the interstate the rest of the way to the small town and then the priest church if you'd like.
OOC:
I'll pull SA's PC along for the most part it's a solo mission from a meta perspective now.
Apr 8, 2018 2:44 pm
I can see how it would do that... Markus says as he takes another drink. He looks around the bar one more time and then leans in to talk to the priest. It is vital we figure this out though. Are you up to going to your church now? I have a feeling we may want to continue moving quickly...
Apr 9, 2018 4:48 pm
"As long as we pay for our food, drink, and services." he explains. Paying you head out and are on the road for a few hours, the sun is going down and you see the lights of what looks like a decent sized town. The priest points to a turn and you never get closer to the town before the scenery is swallowed up by trees on both sides of the road, you feel the elevation changing and you find yourself pulling up to a small missionary style church on an elevated area overlooking an expanse of forest below. In the starlight it seems nice, the sounds of occasional wildlife are heard around you as the priest get out. You both realize how quiet it is here as the priest enters the church. He mentions making a small diner and getting a bottle of wine for all of you a little later. For now there was firewood that needed to be cut and to figure out where you'll sleep. He lights a series of vigil candies and lets you know you're free to explore the forest just don't get lost in the dark.
Apr 10, 2018 1:13 am
Markus decides the first thing he should do is look around the grounds and get a feel for the lay of the land. He also figures it would not hurt to see if there is any sign of someone having been here before the two of them. If they knew to grab the priest...they probably knew where the priest lived.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (2) = 2

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.