Somewhere there's a Scienctist [P, R, & W]

Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm
0900 Central Standard Time Conference room of the Oblivion Nebraska Office.

After six weeks they finally let you into the field to do work. It didn’t seem like was enough considering the rumors during training, everyone had been affected by something they shouldn’t have done or saw something they just really should be able to explain. The time at the academy seems a bit of a blur a rushed boot camp of sorts rumors of a previous class that had a fast food takeout employee that spouted conspiracy about aliens until they showed up at his work were out doing this type of work in the field and hadn’t died yet made you nervous, mostly the part about ‘yet’. You both get a call and meet up in town and take an unmarked black sedan to the location. Your first actual day on the job and orders to report into work and go to the conference room. No customary orientation briefing what you’re getting into from the tone likely your first mission... You’re pretty sure the organization wouldn’t likely be into hazing as well the job was enough to make most people jaded if they weren’t already. Thoughts come to mind about the one really peculiar thing about this job… why’d they station you in Nebraska of all places? Getting to the location you wonder as you drive through a field of corn and find yourself driving into a warehouse next to a silo. The sudden shudder and shift after the warehouse garage door closes implies you are likely underground. It gets a bit uncomfortable as you wonder how far since the descent takes several minutes. Out of the car and into the office you find a small conference room with several chairs around a table. Everything in stark white and lack of a clock make you realize you could lose track of time in a place like this, hard to believe you were in the middle of a corn field a few minutes ago… had it been a few minutes or over an hour now? There didn't seem to be many people in the office, no one else seems to be in the room as the white soft office lights flicker on in the conference room as you walk in.

Shortly after you enter a rather tall lady walks in and adjusts glasses and eyes the two of you raising an eyebrow before shrugging. "Good Morning. The Director will be in shortly, a bit of advice do not make any references to him looking like a mascot from any fast food chains verbally… he does not like it and he is responsible for what kind of missions you get." the lady states in a stern tone with a slight Russian accent as she taps on a tablet.
OOC:
Storywise I figure you two aren't living together so you both get notification and keys to a black car with coordinates out here due to plot. Where you live and how well you get along I'll leave up to the two of you (you both went through training at the same time). Feel free to get acclimated and chit chat while I download my notes and upload some pictures for the mission. Got to drive an hour for a meeting. D=
Oct 11, 2017 1:23 pm
"Oooh. I hope it's Ronald McDonald," Adam jokes, taking a big sip from a can of red bull. Realizing he's emptied it, he looks for a place to put it. Not seeing a paper basket, he leans down and puts it down next to the desk. Then he reaches into the inside pocket of his jacket, and produces another can.
Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm
Archie chuckles at Adam's joke, but secretly hopes that he doesn't have to come face to face with a clown this morning. He was, after all, just having his morning coffee.

He takes a long, slow drink from the stainless steel travel mug, taking a moment to savor the aroma of his single origin, East African, lightly roasted, small estate coffee. He swirls it around in his mouth like a professional wine-taster and swallows it. He sighs.

"I'd, uh, rather it be Mayor McCheese, or perhaps the Burger King -- someone with a bit more authority, you know?"

Looking around as he continues to drink, he becomes curious about this place and the woman before them. He leans forward and looks at her.

"My dear you have us at a disadvantage. I am Professor Archibald Prentiss, though you know that already, no doubt. Who might you be?"

Not waiting for a response, he turns to Adam and asks, "Do you know her? For that matter, do you know anything about this place? It's damned peculiar, I must say. What is this, a corn-spiracy?"

He chuckles at his own terrible joke, but then looks embarrassed. "Sorry..." he mutters.
Last edited October 11, 2017 3:55 pm
Oct 11, 2017 5:03 pm
"That means 50 cents in the dad jokes jar," Adam replies. "I don't think I know anyone. The only one I even saw before we were shipped out from the Academy was my roommate. He was clutching his bag muttering something about Siberia on his way out."
Oct 11, 2017 6:54 pm
After her eyes come up from the tablet they go between the two of you during your conversation and she replies curtly in a pause in your conversation.  "The Gambler." She states and you realize she's opting to just give you her call sign.

A few minutes later a man walks in, you see why you were warned.  He's tall and white haired but between the beard and white old southern style suit something screams out partial recognition at the tip of your tongue.  The part that throws it in a different direction is the size of the man’s frame, his neck looks like it could possibly pop off his black cloth bow tie and the patch over one eye has you noticing he’s staring at the two of you.  Neither of you have been this close to the mascot he looks like but you don’t remember him having that many scars on his face.  He stares at the two of you for several seconds not blinking before he speaks.

"Diana." he states getting the lady to stand suddenly and start tapping away as he begins.  She starts projecting pictures on the wall of various details he’s discussing from her tablet as he starts into his briefing.
[ +- ] Actual Mission Breif
[ +- ] Makhoudi
[ +- ] Larionova
[ +- ] Meetup location
Oct 11, 2017 10:52 pm
Archie sits, a bit dumb-founded, for a moment. He looks at the woman.

"....the Colonel! That's who was!"

He sits back for a moment, satisfied with himself. Then he leans forward again and looks at the woman.

"Diana, was it? Diana the Gambler? Listen, Diana. So this missing woman, Makhoudi, might have built a dangerous and valuable object, one possibly using alien technology or something? And now she's gone missing, and maybe Russian spies are to blame?"

He nods, looking at his partner.

"Ok. Find the missing scientist and her project. Keep it out of shady Russian hands. Anything else?" He looks at Diana.
Oct 12, 2017 1:15 pm
Diana looks at the two and nods, "That's about it... I'll show you the way to the Armory for loadout. I wouldn't drink the coffee Mildred offers if you if you want to finish your mission... also don't play poker with her." she advises the last part in a quieter tone her face growing stern as she frowns slightly.

She begins to lead you two on a rather small area in comparison to the conference room. Mildred you can tell by the name plate behind the grated window readily catches your attention. While the other two people have been in business attire and look professional Mildred is sporting a colorful flower print Moomoo, horned glasses with a pearl string around her neck, a grey beehive five times taller than her head and a facial expression that makes you wonder her age and if she possible went to school around the time Franklin D. Roosevelt's father did. You're also not sure if she's an out of style very old human or an alien.

She sips from a rather large cup of coffee and taps a cigarette staring at the three of you.

"I take it these are the new recruits." she asks in a graveling voice of someone's grandmother that had been smoking for several decades.

"Welcome to the Armory, I'm in charge her so what you get you sign for, if you lose equipment it's on you no excuses. Now... what do you two kids need?" she explains as she takes a drag on her cigarette and blows a plume of smoke behind her. The area behind her seems possibly larger then the lobby like area for picking up gear... or it might just be the area seems off do all the white still and the inability to tell where edges of things actually are inside her cage area.
Oct 12, 2017 1:53 pm
Archibald pauses for a moment, confused. He leans toward Diana and whispers, "Um, what should we ask for? Like, a laptop with a satellite uplink, maybe? Weapons? A James Bond watch that shoots lasers?"

He looks to Adam and shrugs.
Oct 12, 2017 2:25 pm
Diana raises an eyebrow, "Why would you want to carry around a clunky slow laptop when you can just use an Oblivion mobile device? I'd definitely take whatever you're comfortable with going into Kazakhstan... if you need a watch that shoots lasers make sure you get it fitted. Honestly just ask for what you need for your mission, you're only allotted a certain amount of resources though." she asks a bit confused by the odd question about using a laptop.
OOC:
If either of you have the book check out the resource allocation section for points and what you can get. If not ask and we'll figure it out in character.
Oct 12, 2017 3:13 pm
Archie scratches his chin and looks off into the strange looking equipment room behind Mildred.

"Well, I suppose, for Equipment, I'd like a Semi Auto Pistol (Small Caliber) with 4 clips and Silencer, and an Oblivion mobile device. Ooh and one of the Oblivion Suits! Perhaps also a Stimpack."

He pauses, thinking, and then turns to Diana with a question.

"Oblivion is already providing us with a Contact. But will we need a Cover Identity? Or perhaps Legal Enforcement Powers?"
Oct 12, 2017 5:33 pm
Mildred shuffles around and starts pulling equipment the sounds of metallic lockers opening and various things being put on a cart can be heard out of sight before she comes back sliding out a data pad.

"Check the serial number on the pistol, verify the 4 clips and silencer are serviceable. You'll need to use your eye and fingerprints to set up the phone... Let me know if the suit is snug anywhere and we can do alterations." she explains items through the window. A small table comes out of the wall. A pistol and holster, several clips a silencer, a cell phone, and odd soft black long pouch is pushed though before a suit garment bag.

Diana waits quietly until she's asked a question. "If you think you'd need it I guess, a Cover Identity along any official channel will be legitimately you so it is nice to have but not necessary really if you are good at not sticking around when you shouldn't. Legal Enforcement Powers is above your paygrade though." she states eyeing Mildred.

"Diana..." Mildred stated taking a sip of her coffee, the older lady smiles for the first time since you've seen her.
OOC:
You're at 2.5 of your 4 points (noticed you have an additional Relic under equipment on your sheet that'd require 1 point. You have 2 more 'common/normal' gear options to pick as well.
Oct 12, 2017 5:40 pm
Archie takes the pistol, silencer, and clips, as well as the suit and phone. He requests 2 more mundane items, saying, "I guess throw in a pair of binoculars and some zip ties and I think I'm good."
OOC:
SO, to be clear, I've spent 2.5 points now, and that includes the binoculars and zip tie? And that 2.5 also includes the Relic, which I got from character creation, right? Can I keep the last 1.5 in case I want to request something while in the field? I'll include the pistol and Suit on my Character Sheet too.
Last edited October 12, 2017 5:40 pm
Oct 12, 2017 5:50 pm
OOC:
Sorry 1.5 from:
Pistol
Silencer
Clips
Oblivion mobile device
The Suit
Stimpack

Binoculars and Zip Ties would be .5

Relic for Quickness (Occult Branch Benefit?); Relic for Arcane Resistance (Unknown origin)
Oct 12, 2017 5:53 pm
OOC:
I got the Talisman from my Branch and the Relic as a starting Edge. So I’ve spent 2 resources total then right? Or does the Talisman from my branch come out of that pool of resource points? I’m happy to pay a resource point for it if necessary. Sorry I’m a bit confused; first time playing Agents of Oblivion.
Last edited October 12, 2017 5:54 pm
Oct 12, 2017 7:33 pm
"Well, guess I'll need a gun myself..." Adam shrugs. "Whatever he said. Then I'll need some Shades. Looking good and get a good look is vital. Silencer and some ammo. A phone. Need a Cover Identity. I'm thinking the name should be Max Hardcase, but anything would work. Oh, and load up my skill chip with the stealth program."
OOC:
Choose Stealth d6 from Skill Chip and going with:
Semi Auto Pistol (Medium Caliber) with 4 clips
Te Shades
Cover Identity
Oblivion Cell Phone
Silencer
Increased Ammo Capacit
Last edited October 12, 2017 7:33 pm
Oct 13, 2017 4:19 pm
eugenemarshall says:
OOC:
I got the Talisman from my Branch and the Relic as a starting Edge. So I’ve spent 2 resources total then right? Or does the Talisman from my branch come out of that pool of resource points? I’m happy to pay a resource point for it if necessary. Sorry I’m a bit confused; first time playing Agents of Oblivion.
OOC:
I thought your three edges were from character creation (One starting and two from hindrances) and your Relic was from the Branch for quickness? I originally though you just grabbed the stock loadout for someone from the Occult branch and copied to your character sheet before we started playing but I could be wrong.
SelectiveAmnesia says:
OOC:
Choose Stealth d6 from Skill Chip and going with:
Semi Auto Pistol (Medium Caliber) with 4 clips
The Shades
Cover Identity
Oblivion Cell Phone
Silencer
Increased Ammo Capacit
OOC:
I think Prentiss has The Suit vs The Shades but you're at 2.5, what's the name on the Cover Identity?
Roach gets a similar reaction out of Mildred who produces a data pad and the items requested. She taps on a tablet and points a laser pointer it looks like at his head and waits looking at the screen as the light hits him for a few seconds. "Done, as soon as you two sign off you're good to go unless you want something else."
Oct 13, 2017 5:26 pm
Remnant says:
OOC:
I thought your three edges were from character creation (One starting and two from hindrances) and your Relic was from the Branch for quickness? I originally though you just grabbed the stock loadout for someone from the Occult branch and copied to your character sheet before we started playing but I could be wrong.
OOC:
You may be right... Let me know if I need to change anything! Apologies.
Archibald smiles at Mildred, wondering just who -- or what -- she really is, and says,

"Thank you. I believe I have all I need at the moment. Good day, madam."

And with that he turns and looks to Diana, awaiting the next step in the process.
Last edited October 13, 2017 5:27 pm
Oct 13, 2017 10:10 pm
Remnant says:
OOC:
I think Prentiss has The Suit vs The Shades but you're at 2.5, what's the name on the Cover Identity?
OOC:
I just used the standard array from the book and traded police power with Cover Identity. If he gets away with it, he'll go for the name Max Hardstrong. Preferably they'll give him something less... secret agenty.
Oct 16, 2017 1:37 pm
Roach gets things handed over quickly and looks at his cover identity. "Maximilian Hurdstrom" has an odd ring to it but putting on the shades links Roach to his entire background as Mr. Hurdstrom from birth, family, friends, job history, and even hobbies. A photo of himself with a Mohawk with a guitar in his hands when he was younger let him know his cover identity has a punk rock phase. This Cover Identity seems quite elaborate in it's lies.

The director walks in with another individual that seems a bit rushed, "And that's the mission, this is Mildred she's the primary in charge of the armory. Once you're done at loadout you'll be leaving for Astana with the others. If you could rush his loadout that would be preferable." He states looking from Diana to Mildred before leaving the new comer to his own devices to figure things out.
OOC:
We'll go with Woolfe showing up late @KJSmith if you can read this post it was the brief the others got. Sent an email with corrections. Also figure out a backstory and what incident got you involved in Oblivion since it's the only agency dealing with weird stuff.
Mildred looks at what she's given out so far and moves back into inventory. She comes back with what loos like a small leather case and pulls out a compact submachine gun with an expanding stock before putting it back in, there's a scope attachment and silencer shown and put into the case. There's a collapsible baton put into the case and Cellphone put on the counter. A combat knife and for lack of better words thin looking rope on a spool are put into the case as well along with additional clips of ammo.
OOC:
Small Caliber Sub Machine Gun 12/24/48 - damage 2d6 Rate of Fire 3 Weight 9, shots 30 AP1.
Scope adds +2 when you're at medium range to shoot,
Silencer adds -1 when you're shooting small caliber for people around to notice you shooting,
50' of rope,
Baton (strength + d4)
Combat knife (Str +d6)

"Can you think of anything else you think you might need? That's half your allotment for equipment" she asks picking up a cigarette from an ashtray and taking a drag.
Oct 16, 2017 10:04 pm
I usually like to have a couple of revolvers, too...for the times I get into a little bit of a tight spot. If you have a good lock pick set in there...I wouldn't be opposed to carrying that, either...
kjsmith sent a note to Remnant
Oct 17, 2017 12:59 pm
Mildred sighes slightly and goes and gets a pair of revolvers and comes back with it plus a small black thin rolled up satchel.

Remnant sent a note to kjsmith
OOC:
Feel free to give back anything you don't think you'll need.
Revolver small caliber is 12/24/48, 2d6+1 Rof 1 shots 6
Oct 18, 2017 1:18 am
Oct 18, 2017 1:02 pm
Mildred noticed Woolfe looking at The Suit one of the agents requested and looking at her. She moved into the back and pulled a few things giving him a garment bag. A few minutes she asks for the baton back since it's somewhat redundant.
OOC:
Adding the 2 revolvers and Suit and removal of the baton puts you at 2 resource points used out of 4.
"Okay Diana get them out of here." Mildred states showing them out and starts to sip coffee.

Diana hurries you along giving you the information for the flight. A private charter jet has you sitting in comfortable seats for some time, there's a small area for microwavable meals that surprise you with the level of technology since you can get anything from cold soup to a freshly grilled steak it seems. You're a bit surprised when the jet is touching down and it's reported that local time in Astana is 0700 local time the following day. Realization you got on a plane with your bags, stowed them yourselves, never saw the crew and have been requested to take your baggage and disembark seems odd but you have a mission to do and places to be.

It's chilly out and the two way roads that seem to be highways are an odd sight to see. You know you have a meetup point with your contact in the city to go someplace else, how you get to your meetup is up to the team since you're left to your own devices.
OOC:
You're now free to move about the country and initial the mission proper (all the prepwork for things is pretty much done now).
Oct 19, 2017 12:06 am
Markus looks around...Well...guess we need to be moving out. he says - a little perplexed. Do we have a car or something...or do we see if there is some public transportation? He chuckles a little at the thought of riding a bus or subway with the rest of the team to make it to their meet up on time.

Oct 19, 2017 12:37 am
"Well. I suppose we ought to acquire some means of transportation. Let’s look around for some, shall we?"
Archie then pulls out his mobile device and calls up a local map, with transit info. Are there cabs? Trains? Can we rent a private car at the airport to drive ourselves?
Oct 19, 2017 3:28 pm
"Don't they have uber here?" Adam asks, taking the opportunity to stretch his limbs and neck, getting ready for a long trek should the need arise.
Oct 19, 2017 5:36 pm
Prentiss found listings for public transit with times, taxi services or car rental. Although he realizes the last would need a name to go with the money when filling out paperwork.

Roach looks around and notices signs translating that are in Russian or Kazakh, a form of the Turkish language.
OOC:
You all have a card to us for expenses.
Oct 19, 2017 6:54 pm
Archie turns to Adam and says, "How about we go with a taxi to meet our contact and then use them to get a rental car? I'd rather not burn our Alias immediately on a rental. Unless you disagree, of course!"

Archie shrugs, and brings up a taxi number. He also makes sure he has a good translation app with the live camera feature, in case he needs to read street signs, as well as a detailed sat map.
OOC:
Apps exists IRL that will translate written words viewed through the camera... Google translate already does this, for example)
Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm
Taxi sounds good to me. Markus says, taking a quick look to make sure he has everything on him he needs.
Oct 23, 2017 1:03 pm
Prentiss figures out how to request a taxi on his phone with the location and route already selected eventually he didn't see anything about a payment option but that was the least of their worries currently. It isn't long before a car that looks very much like a station wagon out of the 80s repainted to look like a taxi (you're figuring by the one work on the side painted it says taxi) pulls up.

A window rolls down manually and a man simply asks "Bayterek?" looking expectantly.
Oct 23, 2017 1:19 pm
Archibald holds up a finger telling the driver to wait a moment while he opens his translation software. He then reads out his required destination in Kazakh and then in Russian. He also fumbles to make sure he has some local currency or, if not, a means to get some. Perhaps he will have to ask the driver to take him by a currency exchange booth at the airport first? Either way, he will arrange transport.
Oct 23, 2017 3:50 pm
The driver nodes and waves the team in and you find yourself jostled a bit during the commute but get to your meetup location. When he pulls up he looks around and explain with motion and broken English that he'll drive around and come back here in a bit if you here he'll take you someplace else if needed. Prentiss is about to ask about payment when he gets a notification he's arrived close to Bayterek Tower and the trip is completed and driver paid.

The area around the tower has more greenery that you saw since you entered the city proper and you're at your meetup spot.
OOC:
Give me some tradecraft rolls to access the surroundings or spot your contact please.
Oct 23, 2017 5:30 pm
Prentiss gets out of the cab and surveys the area, looking for his contact and generally evaluating the situation.
OOC:
Rolling Tradcraft (1d4) plus Wild Die.

Rolls

Tradecraft - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (2) = 2

Oct 23, 2017 5:53 pm
Adam is feeling jittery, several hours without red bull taking it's toll. While looking around for their contact, he's also looking for a place to buy his daily dose of energy.

Rolls

Tradecraft - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (5) = 5

1d6 : (4) = 4

Oct 24, 2017 2:22 am
Markus pulls himself and his bag out of the taxi and takes a look around.

Tradecraft:
Last edited October 24, 2017 10:21 pm

Rolls

Tradecraft - (1d4)

(2) = 2

Oct 24, 2017 1:10 pm
Oct 24, 2017 10:20 pm
Oct 25, 2017 1:12 pm
Although it's in the morning although sparse for being crowded Woolfe & Prentiss still find it hard to spot anyone out of the normal as they make a slow round the area to scan for their contact. Roach taps the other two and runs two fingers long his neck casually and nods at a gentlemen drinking a cup of coffee watching birds from a bench. With his indicator you realize the man has on a clerical collar popping out the top of his jacket slightly as he seems lost in thought possibly. Considering his attire besides the clerical collar it is likely he would be out of the city someplace with a small church. The three of you don't really see anyone else around him so he's approachable plus there are benches close by if you don't want to talk to him directly.
Oct 25, 2017 1:33 pm
Prentiss approaches the man and sits on a bench nearby. He pulls his mobile phone out and pretends to dial. he speaks into the phone, but just loud enough for the other man to hear.

"Hello father. You were expecting us. How would you like to proceed?"
Oct 25, 2017 1:54 pm
The man cocks his head slightly and looks around before furrowing his brow and fishing something out of his pocket and holding it up to the side of his head.

"Ah yes 'ello. We should meet up to talk." he states in broken English. "I'm in the parking spaces by the tower in the city. I can meet you over there. Okay bye bye." he adds nodding and shoves the item back into his pocket. Roach realizes it was a small hand sized pocket bible. The man finishes his coffee and stands throwing it away and walks away possibly to his vehicle slowly.
Oct 25, 2017 3:11 pm
Archie continues to speak into his phone as though concluding his call. He then "hangs up" and puts his phone way. He turns to his companions and nods, saying, "I suppose we should wait a few minutes before joining him."

He scans the area to make sure they are not being observed.
Oct 26, 2017 1:25 am
Markus scans the area two as he sits....looking for anything out of the ordinary...as far as he can tell.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Oct 29, 2017 7:18 am
Adam leans down to faux tie his shoe when replying. "Yeah, let's see if anyone else follows him first."

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (6) = 6

Ace - (1d6, 1d6)

Oct 29, 2017 4:15 pm
Prentiss suggests they wait and Woolfe agrees scanning the area for anything. Roach does as well and blinks. He gets the feeling things are too in sync around him for people on their phones in the crowd for two people. Although he doesn't make out most of the snippets of conversation he does hear someone mention something priest and end their conversation walking one way. Someone else hanging up and being followed by to larger men heading to the parking area gives him a bad feeling.
Oct 30, 2017 5:30 pm
Archie whispers to his companions about the two men following their contact.

"I think we need to assist our ally here... How about we follow them? One of us circle around and approach from the side and the others follow behind, maybe?"

In preparation for a possible combat, Archie would take hold of the relic hanging around his neck -- an amulet -- and cast the Quickness spell from it.

EDIT: Yay that's a raise. Here's the power:
[ +- ] With success the target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. With a raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
Last edited October 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Rolls

Casting Quickness - (1d10, 1d6, RA)

1d10 : (108) = 18

1d6 : (1) = 1

Oct 30, 2017 6:58 pm
Roach looks from one person to the other an starts to point as he picks up his pace. Prentiss realizes what's likely going on and cast a spell suddenly feeling his senses come alive as he looks around and moves.
OOC:
Handing out cards I take it Prentiss wants to move and cast so the effect we'll go into effect next round.
Remnant sent a note to Remnant
Oct 31, 2017 2:36 am
Markus nods, makes sure his revolvers and combat knife are within reach and begins to pick up the pace with the others.
Oct 31, 2017 1:57 pm
OOC:
Working with Keleth to fix my issue or herp derp moment.
In the meantime from the manual draw:
Initiative
Parking Lot QH
Prentiss QC
Park crew 9C
Roach 6S
Woolfe 4S
The three of you hear tires squealing in the parking lot and quicken your pace. Prentiss seems to burst into a power walk and the trio moving towards the parking lot seem to notice. The smaller of the trio looks at Prentiss with a bug eyed paranoid look and starts pushing people out of the way as the crowd gets more denser towards the entrance to the park. The other two larger ones follow a bit slower looking back a bit confused by why their associate seems scared of a power walking gentlemen but pick up the pace a bit. With the minor scene being cause Roach and Woolfe have a path set up between Prentiss who seems quite fast and determined and the crowd parting since they don't want to be shoved and pushed over before a morning cup of tea or coffee it seems.
OOC:
Roach is up, I figure Woolfe will try and focus on movement until he had an open area to operate in versus pulling your weapon (this didn't seem like what you're posting so I figure more of a check and speeding up to close the distance)
Oct 31, 2017 5:45 pm
Not wanting to draw and fire with lots of civilians in the way, Adam starts jogging to catch up with the strangers.
Oct 31, 2017 7:05 pm
Roach and Woolfe hurry to catch up and close the distance behind Prentiss and the trio realize they're all running now for the parking lot and the group in front of them.
OOC:
Init:
Prentiss Ace of Hearts (Has two actions)
Park crew Queen of Spades
Parking Lot Jack of Spades
Roach 3 of Hearts
Woolfe 2 of Hearts (these cards hate you two I think)
Oct 31, 2017 8:44 pm
OOC:
How far are we from the guys running through the park? And are they being hostile toward us? Like, would Blasting them at this time be inappropriate? If they are pulling weapons, for example, I will Blast. If they are running in fear, I would try to Mind Read them.
Oct 31, 2017 11:42 pm
OOC:
Definitely focusing on movement until I need to do otherwise. :)
Nov 1, 2017 12:52 pm
OOC:
@ Eugenemarshall moving for both your actions with some decent runs would probably put you with 10 meters of the guys in the back. (if no one was around straight running through the distance would be easier). They aren't hostile but one is moving faster through the crowd and pushing through the morning crowd forming. Blast is a medium template so do what you think is appropriate, you are in public running towards people.
Nov 1, 2017 1:06 pm
Archie breaks into a run, closing on the men moving quickly through the crowd. As he approaches, he will look closely at them and try to identify their organization and intention. Are they Kazakh government? Russian mob? Do they look armed? Are they simply looking to escape us or do they want to catch up with our contact?
OOC:
OOC: I'm double moving and inspecting them.
Nov 1, 2017 2:21 pm
OOC:
Give me a notice or Tradecraft I guess roll (your trait & a 1d6 for your wild die, any exploding die reroll)
Nov 1, 2017 6:31 pm
Archibald looks...

Rolls

Notice/Tradecraft - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (1) = 1

Nov 1, 2017 6:47 pm
Prentiss gets close enough to get a good look at the two closest to him. They seem to be in no descript earth tone clothes but the combat boots and reinforced gloves let him know they’ve definitely had training in combat possibly and they’re ready to do something if need be. For now they seem content moving to the parking lot moving away from Prentiss. The third shoves a shoulder into someone and causes a small commotion trying to get past a few people. The sounds now from the nearby street of vehicles beeping angrily can be heard and sounds of erratic driving could be heard.
OOC:
Roach & Woolfe are up.
Nov 2, 2017 2:24 am
Seeing Archibald starting to run, Markus does the same. Trying to see if he can notice anything, as well.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Wild Card - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Nov 2, 2017 4:13 pm
Adam continues his run, trying to catch up to the guys.
OOC:
Did I ever find any energy drink earlier. If so could I use one as a weapon, trying to toss it at one of the bad guys as a less lethal than pistol weapon.
Nov 2, 2017 5:45 pm
Roach & Woolfe move to catch up to Prentiss. Roach spots a vendor a ways off with some kind of drink that has a cherry and radioactive symbol on the side and the odd script is likely Russian.
OOC:
@SA Didn't notice this before moving to get a drink puts you going away from the parkinglot/others
OOC:

Init:
Prentiss - 9D
Woolfe - 6H
Parking Lot - 5S
Roach - 4S
Park Crew - 2D
Nov 2, 2017 5:47 pm
OOC:
Ooc question. We’re following the park guys toward the parking garage right? And that’s the same place our contact went yeah? If so, can we see what’s happening in the garage yet?
Last edited November 2, 2017 5:48 pm
Nov 2, 2017 5:55 pm
eugenemarshall says:
OOC:
Ooc question. We’re following the park guys toward the parking garage right? And that’s the same place our contact went yeah? If so, can we see what’s happening in the garage yet?
OOC:
Parking lot is an open area but yes you're following a few guys headed that way giving you stank eye, one has bolted ahead which is the way the clergymen went, you've heard squeeling tires and honks in that direction. You haven't gotten there yet though so no actual sight of what's going on.
Nov 2, 2017 7:23 pm
Archie moves at full speed now, attempting to arrive at the Garage before the Park Goons do, or at least at the same time. Once there, he will assess the situation and determine if a ...more direct and forceful response is called for.
Nov 2, 2017 7:29 pm
OOC:
Give me a d6 then since you'll be running I figure since I figure it's more of a roll, you know what all three look like.
Nov 2, 2017 7:30 pm
Runs!

Rolls

Running - (1d6, RA)

(2) = 2

Nov 2, 2017 8:02 pm
Prentiss opts to run in a straight line avoiding the crowds somewhat running over the grass, jumping over flower beds, and around trees. This gets the attention of the slower guys he was trailing behind as they watch him move past. He sees the bug eyed individual looking at him next to a mid sized SUV picking up keys off the ground and looking at Prentiss and the door. There's black beads scattered on the ground around the driver side of the vehicle.
OOC:
Woolfe's up.
Nov 2, 2017 11:06 pm
Markus runs to keep up with Archibald looking around to cover him if needed.
Nov 3, 2017 12:44 am
Woolfe almost catches up to the two that are watching Prentiss make his straight shot to the parking lot. Prentiss hears the sounds of several horns blairing from down the street to his left and people yelling. Although he can't see from his current vantage it seems like something is happening down the street and the sounds are getting farther away.
OOC:
Roach is up.
Nov 3, 2017 10:54 pm
Adam runs next to the guy selling shady energy drinks taking a can. "Sorry mate, I'll be back to pay later," he says, then he continues to run after the goons.
Nov 6, 2017 12:35 pm
OOC:
@SA give me a tradecraft check.
Nov 8, 2017 3:10 pm
OOC:
Sorry about my tardiness. Had to take an emergency work trip monday and it threw my whole week out of whack.

Rolls

Tradecraft - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Nov 8, 2017 3:36 pm
Roach opts to just apologize and take a drink. The merchant starts yelling something Roach has no idea about and slaps the arm of the guy Roach was standing next to and pointing at Roach fleeing and makes motions possibly thinking Roach is his friend. Roach can see Woolfe at a distance closing in on the parking area since the two large guys move away from him. The larger guys look at Prentiss and make shooing motions as the third tried to get the key for the vehicle door next to him frantically. One of the large men explain police matter in broken English. The sounds of horns on the street can be heard before the squeal of tires and people yelling and screams now in the distance close to Prentiss.

Remnant sent a note to eugenemarshall
OOC:
Init:
Parking lot Joker
Prentiss QC
Roach 8S
Park Crew 2D
Woolfe 2S

Prentiss is up
Nov 8, 2017 4:08 pm
Achie sprints to the garage area, looking all over for their contact. he had walked this way a moment ago, hadn't he? And was pursued by these goons? Where had he gotten to?

Rolls

GM requested - (1d10+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Nov 8, 2017 6:37 pm
OOC:
The parking on the Northish side of the park is only a few parking spots against a main road, did you have an action you wanted to take? Or just trying to think something out maybe with investigation? For the roll did you want to roll your d6 as well?

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Nov 8, 2017 8:27 pm
Archie is trying to see if the priest, their contact, is in danger. And if so he would go to help him.

And here’s my wild die from before:

Rolls

1d6 [ RA ]

(3) = 3

Nov 8, 2017 9:04 pm
Prentiss looks around and does notice black beads on the ground next to the truck. While the smaller guy from the trio fumbles with keys for the vehicle he's trying to get in trying various keys you're unsure about the other two and this 'Police Business'. It does make sense in a way for them to be 'Police' but you're unsure. You remember from various readings police forces in this country count as a militia basically and in turn more like a military force. So plain clothed Police officers could be a thing. Thoughts of corruption and abuse of power outside the capital come to mind and getting tossed in a local prison suddenly seems quite likely and it's entirely possible although from your perspective unjust, unfair, and unlawful, plus no evidence comes to mind. You hear swerving from down the street also and you're curious what could have happened to the Clergymen that was here... You see the man with the keys look up down the street towards the noises and he flips through keys faster shaking his head. The beads on the ground catch your though one rolls over against your shoe.
OOC:
Give me a notice or tradecraft or you can just guess what you think is happening.
Nov 8, 2017 9:34 pm
OOC:
I'll guess!
Archibald jumps to a conclusion and decides these two have kidnapped his priest. Hoping he is correct, he unleashes a Blast on the two. Since he cannot see the priest, Archibald assumes he is safely behind cover inside the truck.

After Blasting (because he has Quickness going and thus gets a second action), Archie will run to the truck, pulling out his gun and shouting for them to get on the ground (if they are still conscious!).

Rolls

Channeling magic roll - (1d10, RA)

(7) = 7

Wild Die - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Blast Damage - (2d6, RA)

(52) = 7

Nov 9, 2017 2:43 pm
Prentiss thinks up what possibly happens and reacts by casting a spell. Woolfe and Roach a ways behind him mostly see and hear the after effects. An explosion happens from Prentiss' point of view focused on the two thugs. The others notice the explosion as well, in addition they along with Prentiss notice the shattering of glass from vehicles in close proximity as the two stumble away. People are moving with a rapid purpose to get away from the area of the explosion, scream and yells of panic drown out much of anything else. Woolfe and Roach can see some people fleeing are pulling out phones and taking pictures or video of the parking lot as they run away. The third one shields his face the best he can flopping about as glass shards fly at and around him. Rushing the truck Prentiss barks for the two to get on the ground as they stumble away from the point of impact and focuses on one.
OOC:
@eugenemarshall can I get an intimidation roll, it'll be at -2 due to the drawing the gun but at +2 since it's a gun in someone's face.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 9, 2017 4:29 pm
Archie attempts to Intimidate these two into getting on the ground. Though not his area of expertise by any means, Archie is feeling the surge of adrenaline from engaging these men.
Last edited November 9, 2017 4:30 pm

Rolls

Intimidate unskilled - (1d4-2, RA)

(1) - 2 = -1

Wild Die unskilled - (1d6-2, RA)

(63) - 2 = 7

Nov 9, 2017 5:13 pm
Although they aren't getting on the ground they seem to be aware of the gun pointing at one of them.
OOC:
Archie has +2 to his next action against Thug one since he's got a gun in his face.

Roach is up.
Nov 10, 2017 1:16 pm
"Crap," Adam mutters and speeds up towards the explosion.
OOC:
Do I have time to do something as well, or will it take all my round to get there?
Nov 13, 2017 1:52 pm
OOC:
Woolfe will be there next turn possibly SA Roach will likely be there the following turn since he veered off.
Roach tries to catch up with Woolfe again but is slowed a bit by the crowd moving in the opposite direction he's trying to go. From being farther away then the others he can hear chaos in the streets a ways from the parking area where the explosion went off and see's smoke from a ways down the street over the crowd.

The two stunned men
OOC:
Rolling for Shaken
trying and shake out of the explosion. Between the explosion and the gun pointed at him one of them only is able to stumble away swearing getting distance and cover behind a vehicle before he yells out something in Russian the only word somewhat understood being "Bombardirovshchik". The other thug fairs a bit better shaking out of the after effects and rolls over the hood of a nearby SUV for cover barking something else. The third bug eyed individual gingerly opens the door and hopes into the vehicle swearing and attempts to start the engine but it doesn't seem to want to turn over all the way and starts him off on another series of swears it seems in Russian.
OOC:
Woolfe's up.

Rolls

Thug 1 Shaken - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Thug 2 Shaken - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Nov 14, 2017 3:46 am
Markus rolls his eyes, sighs, and runs towards the explosion, as well.
Nov 14, 2017 1:59 pm
Woolfe sees the situation as he's running up through the smoke and remnants of the crowd. Sounds of people yelling in Russian and Prentiss in the middle of the chaos trying to take charge can be seen. One guy seems to be focused on the gun on him in Prentiss hand, another in an old SUV with shattered glass doing something and a third watching from behind cars yelling things out in Russian.
OOC:
Init Order.
Park Crew Joker
Prentiss JD
Parking Lot Crew 9S
Woolfe 6S
Roach 5S
The SUV sputters to life suddenly, the guy inside sitting upright possibly fixing an issue since he got the vehicle to start. The thug at gun point rushes and swings before diving in the back of the truck. The sound of gun fire from under a car close by surprises Prentiss and his right leg suddenly feels hot. Prentiss is surprised by the punch coming in and everything goes bright then dark as he closes his eyes from the punch to the face. Who punches a guy in the face with a gun? He finds himself surprised by the sudden hot feeling on his leg as well. Woolfe watches the calamity unfold in front of him as he gets closer.
OOC:
5 toughness plus 1 from the suit for the 20 damage works 6 (shaken); 10 (Wound 1); 14 (Wound 2); 18 (Wound 3)
Bullet just shakes since it's Toughness 5 + 2 from the suit against 10 damage (Raises from damage are the wound count)

For Prentiss he'll be at 3 wounds unless you'd like to spend a Bennie (You have three) to try and soak wounds. Need a 4 to soak one, eight for 2, twelve for 3.... someone got a stimpak right?

Edit: Someone pointed out the Joker gives +2 to damage but I think Prentiss is currently getting beat up enough as is...

Rolls

Secret Roll

Thug 1 Shaken - (1d6+2, RA)

(63) + 2 = 11

Secret Roll

Thug swings and takes off - (1d6, RA)

(64) = 10

Thug sucker punch damage w/Raise - (2d6)

(66) = 12

Thug with a gun shooting at Prentiss damage - (2d6)

(64) = 10

Jebus that sucker punch - (2d6, RA)

(44) = 8

Nov 14, 2017 2:49 pm
OOC:
Also after the vigor check for the wounds if you'd like to soak Prentiss is up.
Nov 14, 2017 5:25 pm
Archie suddenly regrets everything he ever did in life. He tries to absorb the flurry of damage he has just sustained.
OOC:
Vigor check:

Rolls

Vigor soak - (1d6, RA)

(5) = 5

Vigor soak wild die - (1d6-2, RA)

(65) - 2 = 9

Nov 14, 2017 5:27 pm
OOC:
Archie soaks two of the three wounds, leaving him with one wound. And, I assume, he's shaken. So I will now make a Spirit roll to get lose Shaken... Right?
OOC:
EDIT: OK, I soaked 2 of the 3 wounds and successfully got rid of Shaken. Or maybe I didn't need to because I successfully soaked? Regardless, do I get an action now? And since I'm quickened, do I get 2 actions? Apologies!
Last edited November 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Rolls

Spirit to lose shaken - (1d4-1, RA)

(2) - 1 = 1

Wild Die to lose shaken - (1d6-1, RA)

(63) - 1 = 8

Nov 14, 2017 6:01 pm
OOC:
Soak Roll is not at a penalty but an 11 soaks 2 wounds, since you still had a wound you ended the punch with taking a wound and shaken. Getting shot oddly enough just shook you again so it'll null out. You partially soaked the 3 wounds so you're still shaken. On the start of your turn you rolled a spirit check you now only need a 4 to act during your turn versus a raise but you got one (Shaken not needing a raise to act same turn was the last update to SW Deluxe). You get both actions yes. But the -1 applies and multi action penalties also.
Prentiss scrambles back a bit from the punch in time to think it really hurts but reality things could be worse come to mind. He notices the thug who jumped into the back wasn't with anyone else so the priest's location is still unknown.
OOC:
Some of you might have figured it out though where he is though.
Nov 14, 2017 6:34 pm
Still smarting from that punch and shot, Archie shoots at the man in front of him with the pistol he has already aimed at him.

Rolls

Shooting - (1d6-1, RA)

(1) - 1 = 0

Shooting wild die - (1d6-1, RA)

(1) - 1 = 0

Shooting damage, in case it hits - (2d6+1, RA)

(13) + 1 = 5

Nov 14, 2017 6:35 pm
OOC:
Spending a Bennie. That's ridiculous.
OOC:
EDIT: I assume that hit is a Raise, so rolling an extra d6 dmg...
Last edited November 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Rolls

Shooting - (1d6-1, RA)

(65) - 1 = 10

Wild Die - (1d6-1, RA)

(5) - 1 = 4

Damage - (2d6+1, RA)

(12) + 1 = 4

extra raise dmg - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Nov 14, 2017 6:38 pm
If the man is still up, Archie will shoot again. if not, Archie will squat and shoot at the man under the car. Either way, after his second shot, he will run for cover behind a nearby car.
OOC:
EDIT: rolling raise dmg
Last edited November 14, 2017 6:38 pm

Rolls

Second shot, Shooting skill - (1d6-1, RA)

(664) - 1 = 15

Second shot, Wild Die - (1d6-1, RA)

(4) - 1 = 3

Possible dmg - (2d6+1, RA)

(43) + 1 = 8

Raise dmg - (1d6, RA)

(61) = 7

Nov 14, 2017 7:09 pm
OOC:
The penalty from cover in the truck is negated since you have a +2 to your next action against the guy from the prior round.
Prentiss takes a shot at the sucker puncher and he heard him swear from in the truck bed. His next shot didn't get a swear from the truck bed where the guy had dove into.

The sudden sound of gun fire heighten Woolfe and Roach sense of urgency and the crowd has thinned since between explosions and gunfire no one can enjoy a quiet relaxing cup of coffee or stroll around the Tower's park area.

Down the street all three hear automatic weapon fire and the swerving of cars. Yelling could be heard as well.
OOC:
Woolfe and Roach you two are up in that order.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 14, 2017 11:29 pm
Damn Markus thinks to himself as he surveys what is going on. He pulls out his two revolvers and aims at the driver of the truck.
OOC:
Can I shoot with both since I'm ambidextrous?

Rolls

Shooting - (1d10, RA)

(4) = 4

Wild Card - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Damage (if a hit) - (2d6+1)

(24) + 1 = 7

Nov 15, 2017 3:04 am
OOC:
You could but there would be penalties since you dont have the edge two fisted so they would be -2 to each to shoot both, drivers cover though has the single shot missing.
Nov 17, 2017 10:28 pm
Damn it... Markus mutters to himself and continues to run toward the action.
Nov 17, 2017 11:28 pm
Roach tries to speed up, running all his legs can manage. He'll run up to the scene and quickly take cover behind whatever is available.
Nov 18, 2017 3:51 pm
Roach is the last of the trio to arrive and the first thing that springs to mind from the chaos is the thought of the paperwork. As Prentiss scans the area he feels things slow as his spell wears off.

Remnant sent a note to SelectiveAmnesia
OOC:
Actually get to use the cards now. Also I forgot to state rounds left on quickness since you might have wanted to cast it on the 3rd round as your last action.

Init Order:
Woolfe Joker
Explosion Crew - the trio with you in the parking lot (The Park Crew is officially in the Parkinglot so.) QC
Street Crew 10C
Prentiss 5D
Roach 3D
[ +- ] Drawing
Woolfe is up first and if you did want to shoot twice the +2 from the Joker would negate the penalty plus give +2 to damage.

Deck Draws

Round 5
3 of Diamonds
5 of Diamonds
Black Joker
Queen of Clubs
10 of Clubs
Nov 19, 2017 1:11 am
OOC:
Okay..going full-on Grifter then...
Markus takes aim with both pistols and fires:
OOC:
And probably misses. Even virtual dice are not liking me.
Last edited November 19, 2017 1:12 am

Rolls

Shot 1 - (1d10, RA)

(2) = 2

Wild Card - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Shot 2 - (1d10, RA)

(1) = 1

Wild Card (can't remember if you do wild die for both..if not forget this one) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Damage 1 (with +2 from Joker) - (2d6+3)

(56) + 3 = 14

Damage 2 (with +2 from Joker) - (2d6+3)

(12) + 3 = 6

Nov 20, 2017 6:04 pm
Woolfe shoots with both pistols and gets his target swearing in Russian but doesn't drop him. The target takes off in a full sprint yelling something and dives into the back of the vehicle with the other two. The driver throws the vehicle into reverse and slams his way out of the parking lot and starts driving down the street after a metal scrapping is heard from hitting the curb instead of driving out like a calm sane person. Sounds of automatic gun fire can be heard down the street with a bloom of smoke more noticeable now by the trio of agents. It looks like the thugs that cleared out are headed that way. The sound of automatic fire is heard again and some yelling. There's a squealing of tired and some slamming of vehicles with metal on metal.
OOC:
Prentiss is up followed by Roach. My apologies dealing with things on the weekends sometimes is more stressful than during the work week.
Nov 20, 2017 9:26 pm
OOC:
My Quickness has worn off I believe.
Slowing down and breathing heavily now, Prentiss will spend his whole turn jogging after the truck and toward the sound of gunfire. While moving, he will keep an eye out for any further clue as to the whereabouts of the Priest. (though he believes the Priest is in the trunk of the truck or something like that).
Nov 20, 2017 9:44 pm
OOC:
Yep it's disappated, give me a notice check to see through the chaos in the streets (don't worry this happened way before your blast XD).
Nov 20, 2017 9:46 pm
Archie looks around.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Wild die - (1d6, RA)

(5) = 5

Nov 21, 2017 1:32 pm
Prentiss sees a rather grisly scene unfold of a car accident that escalated quickly as he moves up to access the situation. Through the smoke, screams of pain, and wailings of terror there are a few dead bodies on the sideway from being hit by a vehicle due to how they landed and people limping away. One SUV is wrapped around a cement planter on the sidewalk and people in clothes similar to the thugs but wearing balaclavas are moving to another vehicle it seems still functional. There is a dead body next to the new vehicle and a driver of the crashed SUV is partially pulled out stuck behind the steering column. A pistol is pulled and a single shot stops the wounded driver's pain before the wielder walks to the new vehicle with purpose. You see someone that looks like the priest with a black hood on his head and restraints being walked and pulled towards the new vehicle. One of person sends a spray of bullets into the air warning people to stay out of his. The truck from the parking lot screeches to a halt broken glass skidding about as it does as the gunman jumps in the back and the thug from before in the truck bed that seems alive gets out and moves to the front new stolen SUV before they both push and ram through traffic in front of them trying to escape. You notice now the sirens coming from the other direction and lights as well.
OOC:
You basically figure the priest was kidnapped by a separate group of thugs, the ones you skirmished with were suppose to take his truck discretely, which didn't happen. The kidnappers seemed to have gotten into an accident and things went sideways really quick. Two vehicles are trying to get out of the situation due to kidnapping the priest, an accident, and several killed or maimed people with Law Enforcement coming. Being in your own fight you kind of focused on fist and bullets coming at you versus other stuff happening in the background you. Roach is up next.
Nov 21, 2017 4:35 pm
Roach looks around for a car to "borrow". Both to get away from the sirens as well as follow the kidnappers.
Nov 21, 2017 4:43 pm
OOC:
Give me a notice check (I'll base what you find off that).
Nov 21, 2017 9:29 pm
OOC:
Notice

Edit: Wooot! :)
Last edited November 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (665) = 17

Nov 22, 2017 12:48 am
Roach spots a red sports car with the door open and the engine running. The leather seats and the engine almost purring with power, you even sees a pair of driving gloves in the center councel.
[ +- ] red sports car
OOC:
If we get everyone in we can start the chase mechanics. If everyone is good with piling in I'll set it up Wednesday.
Nov 22, 2017 7:01 am
"Over here!" Adam calls out to his allies and jumps into the car.
Nov 22, 2017 1:05 pm
Archibald heads to the car as well, bringing up a map of the city on his phone.
Nov 22, 2017 1:11 pm
Woolfe and Prentiss barely have time to figure out who's up front and get seat belts on before they hear the squeal of tires as they scramble to close the door. Roach blinks and his glasses magnify his sight and he sees both vehicles making a sharp right onto Turan Ave a little over a kilometer in front of him with shoppers in the distance coming out the mall diving out of the way as to not get run over. A glance in his rear mirror has flashing lights of what's been tagged as Law Enforcement coming around the Presidential Palace about 4 kilometers behind him.

Que the Chase Music and feel free to google map your location.
[ +- ] Chase
OOC:
If whoever is in the front seat wants to they can assist the driver making a cooperative maneuver check (notice or driving in this case and success plus raises each add +1 to the driver's result (Caps at +4 in this instance)) If assisting in the driving rolls and you want to do something else it'll be a -2 for a multi action penalty (we'll declare before cards are dealt) to all actions. Only one person can assist though, I guess it could be the back seat driver instead of the guy riding shotgun though. If you get a higher initiative than the other drivers' draw there's a chance to act. Target number is 4 for the driving check, each raise of 4 above that gets you an additional card, you can take whichever you think is the best option for a card which is usually the highest Ace, King, Queen, etc but clubs drawn mean there is an obstacle to deal with. SA give me a driving roll for Roach (if PC in Shotgun or Backseat wants to help roll if you'll want to act as well this round -2 to the assist roll.

Rolls

Priest Truck - (1d6, RA)

Front seat assist - (1d6, RA)

Stolen SUV - (1d6, RA)

Front seat assist - (1d6, RA)

Cops - (1d6, RA)

Nov 22, 2017 2:14 pm
OOC:
Driving

Rolls

Driving - (1d6, 1d6)

Forgot to mark "Reroll Aces" - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Nov 22, 2017 2:16 pm
Archie does not consider himself a good driver, so he hops in the cramped backseat and allows Woolfe to assist up front. While they're managing the driving, he will be checking his maps on his device, looking for a shortcut if possible.
Nov 22, 2017 2:28 pm
OOC:
There is an argument to assist from the backseat with driving using maps. Driver is at a 7 unassisted.
Nov 22, 2017 2:53 pm
OOC:
OK what do I roll for helping with map use? Investigation?
Nov 22, 2017 8:15 pm
Archie attempts to find a shortcut.

Rolls

Notice - (1d4, RA)

(3) = 3

Wild Die - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Nov 22, 2017 9:42 pm
OOC:
Is that something I can assist on with my Driving Skill, or is that simply if I am behind the wheel?
Nov 22, 2017 11:50 pm
OOC:
kinda, only one of you can assist at a time either off notice like prentiss is doing or driving via knowing the skill. if roach moves away from driving you could attempt to take over I guess. Update later with card incoming

Deck Draws

Truck, SUV, Pcs, cops
4 of Clubs
Jack of Hearts
5 of Clubs
King of Hearts
Nov 23, 2017 8:41 am
The police seem quite adept at navigating the the chaos behind you as you make the turn. The stolen SUV makes some distance while those is the truck swerve around a parked delivery truck. Roach inhalers between advise from the back on a shortcut and people that had just diving out of the way shooting the Kidnappers wrestlers driving.
OOC:
Major obstacle will be a driving roll for Roach at -2 when he's back.

Rolls

Truck swerve obstacle - (1d6-2, RA)

(64) - 2 = 8

Nov 26, 2017 12:23 am
"Hang on! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!" Roach yells out as he tries to avoid the delivery truck.
OOC:
Using one of my bennies for a reroll. Don't have my rulebook handy, so don't know if I should reroll Wild Die as well. If not, disregard that roll.
Last edited November 26, 2017 12:27 am

Rolls

Driving - (1d6-2, RA)

(3) - 2 = 1

Wild Card - (1d6-2, RA)

(2) - 2 = 0

Bennie Reroll - (1d6-2, RA)

(4) - 2 = 2

Bennie Reroll Wild Die - (1d6-2, RA)

(3) - 2 = 1

Nov 27, 2017 12:00 pm
Roach finds swerving around the delivers illegal parking easier after seeing the truck miss it. Swerving around people leaves the driver and occupants a bit battered from the ride with Roach`s hand a blur on the wheel as people dive away and shriek in terror.
OOC:
Give me a vigor check everyone failure will put you at bruised and battered which is a level of fatigue and we`ll roll for the next round.
Nov 27, 2017 2:08 pm
Archie tries to hold on as the car careens around!

EDIT: I'm gonna Bennie that.
Last edited November 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Rolls

Vigor check - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Wild Die - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Vigor check reroll - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Wild Die reroll - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Nov 27, 2017 3:11 pm
In the back seat Prentiss feels like he's in a cross between a mechanical bull ride and a roller coaster. He's able to do little than try and stare at his phone at times to calm his stomach and focus on something as the world spins around him before he's flung in another direction the seatbelt only partially helping him in this kind of situation. He's unsure if the car is actually spinning at times but he fortunately doesn't throw up in the back.
OOC:
Prentiss is at one level of Fatigue which is -1 to all actions, this will clear off automatically after 24 hours of ingame time

Rolls

Stolen SUV

Stolen SUV Assist

Truck

Truck Assist

Police

Nov 27, 2017 7:39 pm
OOC:
Vigor

Rolls

Vigor - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Nov 27, 2017 7:58 pm
Roach focuses on driving and tries to block out sounds from the backseat while he's driving and focuses on the road.
OOC:
That leaves Woolfe's Vigor check. Feel free to make your driving roll for the second round, either of the passengers can assist. Also how are you guys doing on Bennies? I'm planning on resetting you guys on 10 Dec.
Nov 27, 2017 8:17 pm
OOC:
I think that was my first spend.
Last edited November 27, 2017 8:17 pm
Nov 29, 2017 1:38 am
Markus holds on...

Rolls

Vigor - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Wild Die - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Driving (assisting) - (1d6, RA)

(2) = 2

Wild Die (driving) - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Nov 29, 2017 1:36 pm
Woolfe has a similar reaction to the dynamic driving of Roach to no hit people leaving him queasy and searching for an 'oh shit handle' to steady himself.
OOC:
Woolfe is at a -1 due to fatigue as well from bumps and bruises from the ride. SA can I get a driving roll for Round 2? If either of you assist you can roll the skill check at -1 due to fatigue, each success and or raise will give him a +1 to his roll result.
Nov 29, 2017 1:40 pm
OOC:
I tried to assist last round. Go ahead, kjsmith.
Nov 30, 2017 12:23 am
eugenemarshall says:
OOC:
I tried to assist last round. Go ahead, kjsmith.
OOC:
I rolled for the assist along with my vigor roll...safe to say I didn't help out. (These virtual dice are being harder on me than my regular dice are.)
Nov 30, 2017 1:51 am
Roach tries to drive with garble from Woolfe and sounds of trying to keep his stomach contents inside his body.
OOC:
Can I get Roach to make a driving roll.
Dec 1, 2017 11:30 pm
OOC:
Sorry for my silent period. The project I've been working on started today, I am back home and I should return to regular office duty again.

Rolls

Driving - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (61) = 7

1d6 : (3) = 3

Dec 2, 2017 1:41 am
Roach finally gets the hang of the car it seems for now. The sound of a crash and smoke can be seen behind the trio as someone swerves around the police and crashes blocking them off for now as they get out to sort out possible fatalities and injuries before they clear the way. The SUV breaks rapidly screeching tires as they are suddenly cut off. The truck opts to jump the curb and flies down the sidewalk rapidly passing through traffic and having more maneuverability at the expense of pedestrians.
OOC:
Pcs have advantage at long (-4) range if the others want to try something.

Deck Draws

PCs card, trucks card
10 of Diamonds
9 of Hearts
Hidden Card Hidden Card
Dec 2, 2017 2:01 pm
Markus is still hanging on for dear life..trying not to lose his breakfast...
OOC:
If I tried a shot the way my rolls are going...probably take out our car somehow...:)
Dec 3, 2017 11:48 pm
Prentiss looks out the side window and sees the car careening down the sidewalk. He will try to take a shot, unleashing a three round burst.
OOC:
That's -1 from getting car sick. plus -4 from distance, but +2 for burst, so -3.
OOC:
EDIT: oops, I only have a semi-auto pistol, not an SMG. So that roll does NOT have the +2 from burst. So that wild die roll is a 6, not an 8. Still a hit, but not a raise. Rolling damage...
Last edited December 3, 2017 11:51 pm

Rolls

Shoot - (1d6-3, RA)

(4) - 3 = 1

Wild Die - (1d6-3, RA)

(65) - 3 = 8

Pistol damage - (2d6+1, RA)

(32) + 1 = 6

Dec 4, 2017 2:00 pm
OOC:
The SUV or the Truck?
Dec 4, 2017 2:49 pm
OOC:
The SUV -- that's the one I think the priest is in, right?
Dec 4, 2017 3:34 pm
OOC:
Yep.
In a moment of focus Prentiss gets off a shot out the window at the SUV that had them suddenly peeling out and just ramming their way through the accident slowly as glass shatters. The truck taking the mayhem ridden path down the side of the street gets into the intersection ahead, a gunman sprays bullets into the air from the back as the driver does circles in the intersection clearing all traffic since most people don't having getting shot in their travel commute. Between the chaos though a partial path is opening up for the SUV slowly and your team as well now.
OOC:
Next round can I get a driving roll and an assist from whoever would like to if they would.

Rolls

SUV

SUV Assist

Truck

Truck Assist

Police

Rerolling Truck - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Dec 4, 2017 3:41 pm
"Aah. Warn me next time," Adam says taking his left hand temporary off the steering wheel to rub his ear.

Rolls

Driving - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Dec 4, 2017 4:48 pm
Roach seeing a path opened up by the SUV although it's not going that quickly but he also sees the truck reving it's engine to bust through the traffic jam.

The truck driver trying to slide through stopped or evading traffic to clear a way when a vehicle backs out of a sidestreet in front of him. The gunman opts to try and shoot your sportcar ride to slow you down in the process of their escape only to have the shot go wide and peppers a building from the sudden jerk and stop. You can see the police behind you on foot now weaving through traffic since automatic gun fire has happened. The SUV is power pushing a minivan in front of them out of the way and not doing much else.

The Gunner's shot is jostle and goes wide into a building off the road to the side causing pedestrians to exit the area quickly.

Roach sees a flashing of lights on the side of his shades and turns to see a large deliver truck coming up to blindside him if he doesn't reverse or speed up.
OOC:
Enemy is having a Sh!t show, and random guy almost hits you.

@ SA since you got a 2 of Clubs Roll Driving at -4 since this is a Disaster. Failure will be interesting story wise and possibly not look 'cool' for you guys.

Rolls

Minor Obstacle fopr Truck

Gunner trying to shoot the PC's car

Deck Draws

Truck/PCs
Jack of Clubs
2 of Clubs
Dec 4, 2017 10:56 pm
Markus tries to help out
OOC:
...for once in this game...

Rolls

Driving - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Wild Die - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Dec 5, 2017 4:34 pm
Woolfe lets Roach know there's a delivery truck coming in on his side of the vehicle that might T-Bone the car in less than an articulate and calm way...
Dec 5, 2017 7:18 pm
OOC:
I'll reroll using another benny if you'll allow it. If not, disregard and let me know how badly I kill us :P
Last edited December 5, 2017 7:18 pm

Rolls

Benny reroll - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (65) = 11

Dec 5, 2017 7:49 pm
OOC:
Well the second one is an 11-4 so that's 7. Not dead from the Delivery Truck.
Roach's arms and legs blur in a combination of data input from himself and his shades, Woolfe's clue in to the delivery truck, indicator's the truck was less than 3 feet from the side of the car for impact, and a working knowledge of what he needed to do suddenly flooding his head for this situation from his skill chip as everything for once clicks into place for him in a positive life.

In a screech of tires, yells of sudden surprise, possibly Prentiss's sock showing since his leg may have been flung up into the air during the car spinning at one point and possible death rearing up for the trio the sports car squeels ahead and drifts around other cars as Roach threads a path through the rest of the chaotic traffic and away from the delivery truck that slams into the car next to where Roach's vehicle was. In the shatter of glass, smoke from the collusion, screams of terror from gunshots and accidents, plus the smell of tire smoke the trio's car finally lands back down on all four wheels to see the truck and gunman staring at their car and where they were plus an SUV with kidnappers and a priest under duress in front of them finally finish pushing another car out of their way to drive through actually open lanes of traffic.
OOC:
Bennies will reset tomorrow so everyone will be at 3 except Roach will be at 4 unless he failed his brown check in which case 3.

Lets get the next round of the chase on give me a driving check and one person if they want to assist.

Rolls

SUV

SUV Assist

Truck

Truck Assist

Reroll on Asisst Suv & Truck

Dec 7, 2017 6:10 pm
"Hah! Take that mom! Never gonna learn anything playing Need For Speed all day long," Adam calls out while hazarding a look behind for a moment, before returning his focus to the road ahead.
OOC:
If there's a penalty I'll use my last bennie to reroll.
Last edited December 7, 2017 6:11 pm

Rolls

Driving - (1d6, 1d6)

Driving Reroll - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Dec 8, 2017 12:25 am
OOC:
first roll is good, bennies reset with 4 for you, 3 for everyone else.
With a clear path the PCs car can do little but keep up with the SUV and truck surprisingly as they all thread through traffic. Roach`s shades light up on a sign and Roach releaizes the highway goes straight into Russia although it'll take several hours.
OOC:
kind of a wash with the lowest card. Round 4 of 5 in the chase before they possibly get away. Let me get another driving roll for Roach. Also I'm surprised Prentiss hasn't tried casting quickness although it'd be at a -1.

Deck Draws

SUV, truck, PCs
King of Diamonds
10 of Hearts
2 of Hearts
Dec 8, 2017 4:13 am
Fair enough! Quickness, coming up!

EDIT:

Oh ffs. Bennie.
Last edited December 8, 2017 4:14 am

Rolls

Channeling roll - (1d10-1, RA)

(4) - 1 = 3

Wild Die - (1d6-1, RA)

(1) - 1 = 0

Channeling reroll - (1d10-1, RA)

(7) - 1 = 6

Wild Die reroll - (1d6-1, RA)

(4) - 1 = 3

Dec 8, 2017 7:29 pm
Prentiss puts a hand on Roach and his vision changes, Woolfe can see Roach's eyes dialate and then pinpoint. Roach you feel like you might have drank 1 or eight of those energy drinks you picks up with the mushroom cloud picture on it.
OOC:
When you roll Driving and your wild dice roll twice.
Dec 8, 2017 8:09 pm
"Whoa!" Adam says in his best Keanu voice. "You've been holding out on me."
Last edited December 8, 2017 8:10 pm

Rolls

Driving 1 - (1d6, RA)

(2) = 2

Driving 2 - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Driving 1 Wild Die - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Dec 8, 2017 8:18 pm
OOC:
Those are both fails. Did you want to reroll?

Rolls

SUV

SUV Assist

Truck

Truck Assist

Dec 8, 2017 10:18 pm
OOC:
Yeah, sure.

Rolls

Driving 1 Reroll - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Driving 2 Reroll - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Dec 9, 2017 11:30 am
OOC:
draws cards

Deck Draws

suv, truckx2, pcs
Hidden Card Hidden Card Hidden Card Hidden Card
Dec 9, 2017 11:30 am
OOC:
draws cards
The team find out the other drivers are a bit taken at local highway on ramps and so risky driving happen. Your sports car actually breaks out i. front during the chaos and Roach tries to stay calm when automatic gun fire barks out not at your car but at a tractor trailer bed transporting meter long steel rods. They team see them falling off the side of the vehicle quickly onto the highway but the rare few bounce and are mid air as you get closer and coming flying towards you.
OOC:
Make a driving check at -2 twice due to Quick, a person can help

Deck Draws

suv, truckx2, pcs
2 of Spades
4 of Spades
Hidden Card
5 of Clubs
Dec 9, 2017 11:55 am
Adam shrieks a not very manly scream of fear as they get near the steel rods. Swerving to hopefully avoid them.
Last edited December 9, 2017 11:56 am

Rolls

Driving 1 - (1d6-2, RA)

(4) - 2 = 2

Driving 1 Wild Die - (1d6-2, RA)

(5) - 2 = 3

Driving 2 - (1d6-2, RA)

(663) - 2 = 13

Driving 2 Wild Die - (1d6-2, RA)

(2) - 2 = 0

Dec 9, 2017 1:54 pm
*&^*%!?!? yells Markus.
OOC:
Thank you Wild Die..
Last edited December 9, 2017 1:54 pm

Rolls

Driving Assist - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Wild Die - (1d6, RA)

(661) = 13

Dec 9, 2017 2:44 pm
Roach is driving, Markus is assisting, so Prentiss is going to try to Blast at the SUV again, trying to stop it to save the priest.

So he leans out of the car for a moment and casts it.

And damage:
Last edited December 9, 2017 2:44 pm

Rolls

Channeling roll - (1d10-1, RA)

(6) - 1 = 5

Wild Die - (1d6-1, RA)

(2) - 1 = 1

damage - (2d6, RA)

(33) = 6

Dec 10, 2017 3:13 pm
OOC:
Fyi due to penalties this is going to be interesting to me but bad for the blast results.
Dec 13, 2017 2:07 pm
OOC:
I'll take the no response as an okay to move forward.
Prentiss gets aline on sight on the SUV and channels his arcane energies. Due to the driving and assistance the trio make it out without much in the way of dinging the vehicle. The passengers wonder how much Roach actually knows about physics since some of those tricks used to skirt around disaster seemed to bend them a little. Unfortunately it throws off Prentiss aim slightly Everything seems to slow down for Prentiss before the effect of his handywork happens.

Steel rods on the road explode upwards as well as several vehicles swerving since all wheels aren't on the ground as explosions go off under them. The truck that was transporting the lost cargo swerves and jackknifes since two of it's back tires fly into the air leaving it at an odd angle. The rods rain down into oncoming traffic though around your car causing more mayhem.

Around the sports car that's screeched to a stop there are the vehicles littering the side of the road and road with accidents of those impales in their vehicle or the vehicles pinned to the ground. behind it all people are crashing into each other and the highway has come to a standstill. The SUV and Truck haven't passed you so they're somewhere within the smoke, fires starting, and wails of the injured and dying behind you. Woolfe thinks it would look like a bombing run from a plane if it wasn't for the steel rods sticking out of various things or the road. Roach think the grizzly scene looks more surreal out of a video game cut scene possibly than reality. Prentiss finds himself wondering what actually just happened.
OOC:
Chase is over, back in RP mode.
Dec 14, 2017 12:27 am
Markus looks back at the chaos, gets out of the car, and draws his machine gun. Guess we got to go in there and find those guys. he says as he starts to walk towards the crash.
Dec 14, 2017 3:19 pm
Prentiss is a bit shocked. Did he just... did he just kill a bunch of innocent people? Was that him?

Because if it was, he's ...he's going to have a bit of a nervous breakdown. It's one thing to kill the agents of chaos that they hunt. It's quite another to kill a street full of innocent people. He tries to reflect on what just happened.

Did he just kill all those people?
OOC:
OOC:
Seriously did he just kill all those people?
Dec 14, 2017 3:33 pm
OOC:
Did Prentiss kill them by accident or did Prentiss kill them because it's fun is the real question. I guess it really depends on how you think Prentiss would process this.
OOC:
Kjsmith is Woolfe going through sweeping or is he trying to be sneaky.
Dec 15, 2017 1:50 am
OOC:
Sneaky...as one can be with a submachine gun coming out of a vehicle where a blast came that took out a lot of people.. :)

Rolls

Stealth - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Dec 15, 2017 2:21 am
OOC:
give me a stealth check.
Dec 15, 2017 6:32 pm
OOC:
Stealth

Rolls

Stealth - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (62) = 8

1d6 : (63) = 9

Dec 15, 2017 8:32 pm
Prentiss is clearly confused as to why his blast went so, so out of control. He feels pretty awful... killing innocent people. He's never done that before, certainly. Really, he was no soldier, but a scholar; indeed, he didn't even know how to shoot a gun until a few months ago.

So, seeing all the mayhem, blood, and death -- caused by his hand, no less -- he freezes up. He gets out of the wrecked car and sits down in the middle of the street and tries to come to terms with what has just happened.
OOC:
He will be out of the fight for a while, unless something happens in his immediate vicinity, or maybe he sees a chance to save some innocent person.
Dec 15, 2017 8:35 pm
While Prentiss processes what happened Roach and Woolfe move through the bedlam behind them to try and find their contact to see if he's still alive.

OOC:
Give me a notice check (Don't forget the bonuses if you have any or penalties), there's a penalty in place due to vision being impaired but it helps with stealth too though.

Update: The sportcar is a little dinged up but mostly okay due to Roach's driving and Woolfe's assist.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Dec 16, 2017 2:40 am
Notice roll

Rolls

Notice - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Wild die (notice) - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Wild die (stealth -- forgot to roll this) - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Dec 16, 2017 9:10 am
OOC:
Notice

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Dec 17, 2017 5:47 pm
In the smoke and chaos you get separated from each other.
Dec 18, 2017 2:29 am
OOC:
We'll keep the same stealth, give me another notice if you want to check stuff out.
Dec 18, 2017 3:07 am
Markus moves around...checking out the scene around him.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Wild die (notice) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Wild Die (Re roll ace...because I forget to check that way too often...) - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Dec 20, 2017 5:22 pm
OOC:
Eugenemarshall & SelectiveAmnesia feel free to do a notice if you'd like to check things out. Been a few days so I'll just press forward.
Dec 20, 2017 5:37 pm
Archie shakes his head to clear it and looks around.

Rolls

Notice - (1d4, RA)

(3) = 3

Wild Die - (1d6, RA)

(63) = 9

Dec 20, 2017 5:40 pm
Dec 20, 2017 5:45 pm
Archie suddenly stands up with a look of purpose on his face. He runs into the wreckage and chaos that he had caused a few moments before, hoping to find the child he had heard. When he does, he will do everything he can to save them.
Dec 20, 2017 5:57 pm
Prentiss finds a sedan flipped and a small boy trying to open his car seat from the back seat. He realizes with the broken out window it makes sense why he could hear the small voice now. "Anam?" he seems to inquire again you can make out more clearly now that you're closer.
Dec 20, 2017 7:12 pm
"Marco?" Adam calls out, hoping for a reply, thinking they need to get out of here before armed response arrives.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Dec 20, 2017 7:23 pm
Dec 20, 2017 10:02 pm
Remnant says:
Prentiss finds a sedan flipped and a small boy trying to open his car seat from the back seat. He realizes with the broken out window it makes sense why he could hear the small voice now. "Anam?" he seems to inquire again you can make out more clearly now that you're closer.
Archie will try to get the child out of there to safety. As he does she, he will try to remember a few of the basic words and phrases he studied on the trip over, like "Hello, how are you?" and "I'm Archie." and "Help."
Dec 21, 2017 3:32 am
Markus takes a minute to attach the silencer..then moves towards the Russian he hears as stealthily as he can.
Dec 21, 2017 2:04 pm
Prentiss gets down and tries to communicate with the boy trying to get him out of the wreckage but he keeps on pulling away.

"Eldegi adam." the boy states slowly pointing at Prentiss.
OOC:
@Eugenemarshall you can try give me an Persuasion check since he's currently at Uncooperative. If you're just going off memory you could roll smart I think to try and figure out the language he's speaking and possibly the words.

@Kjsmith sounds like a stealth check.
Dec 22, 2017 3:25 am
Markus quietly starts to go forward...
OOC:
...or maybe not so quietly...at least there is a lot of other noise... :/
Last edited December 22, 2017 3:26 am

Rolls

Stealth - (1d8, RA)

(2) = 2

Wild Die - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Dec 22, 2017 12:15 pm
Adam raises his arms, gun in hand and aims at the figures he sees. "Stop right there!" he calls out. If anyone makes a move to run or draw weapons of their own he's ready to fire.
Dec 26, 2017 1:27 pm
Prentiss tries to deal with getting the child out as the others deal with rattled gunman.

Roach seeing one of the kidnappers makes demands and the man stops. He says something in Russian and waits.

Woolfe grind his teeth hearing broken glass under his shoes but his fellow agent has gotten the attention for the moment it seems.
OOC:
@Selective Amnesia Go ahead and give me an intimidation roll, while you won't get the bonus for the gun since he hasn't noticed it in the chaotic scene there is the situation around him that will affect him.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Dec 26, 2017 7:13 pm
OOC:
Intimidate

Rolls

Intimidate - (1d4-2, RA)

(3) - 2 = 1

Intimidate (Wild Die) - (1d6-2, RA)

(2) - 2 = 0

Dec 27, 2017 1:16 pm
Roach waits in the din of the area as the wounded and alive try and make sense of the situation. He realizes he didn't say, 'Or I'll shoot' when he sees the flash of a muzzle as bullets start peppering the general direction he's in. Roach watches as bullet hole walk up towards his location on a nearby vehicle and has enough time to try and dive out of the way. The seen man dives behind a car getting out of the way he hopes. Woolfe sees his location.
OOC:
@SelectiveAmenesia you were shaken and took a wound, you can give me a vigor roll if you'd like to soak.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Deck Draws

Cards for Woolfe, Roach, Those Russians
Jack of Spades
10 of Spades
2 of Diamonds
Dec 27, 2017 4:35 pm
Woolfe moves to try and flank the gunner.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d8)

(2) = 2

Wild Die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Dec 28, 2017 11:54 am
OOC:
Soak

Rolls

Soak - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Dec 28, 2017 12:12 pm
Wolfe threads through the area while Roach notice a breeze on his arm but feels not pain, only a shirt in need of a tailor.
OOC:
Roach is up
Dec 28, 2017 12:56 pm
Roach takes a couple of heavy breaths before looking up from his makeshift cover, gun raised. "Just like training," he mutters to himself as he fires a shot at the closest Russian.

Rolls

Shooting - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Dec 28, 2017 7:40 pm
Roach hears the 'tink' of his bullet against metal wondering what could come next. They don't seem to have his position locked down though so he has the element of them knowing where exactly to shoot. Their actions fall silent though as Roach doesn't hear any return fire. Woolfe looses sight of the mercenary thug he saw previously.
OOC:

Init Order
Roach
Thugs
Woolfe

Rolls

Truck thug action - (1d6, RA)

Coverfire Thug - (1d6, RA)

Deck Draws

Woolfe, Roach, Thugs
9 of Diamonds
King of Clubs
Queen of Diamonds
Dec 28, 2017 8:28 pm
"When at first you don't succeed, fire another bullet," Roach mutters, holding on tightly to the gun with both hands. He lines up another shot, takes a deep breath, then fires before exhaling.

Rolls

Shooting - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Dec 28, 2017 8:51 pm
OOC:
@SA: Since you've lost sight of the combatants give me a notice check at only +1 since the shades are having some issue with visibility currently in these conditions... depending on the result we'll know if you have a target you shot or you can opt to do something else if there's not shot.
Dec 29, 2017 10:47 am
OOC:
Notice

Rolls

Notice Wild Die - (1d6+1, RA)

(1) + 1 = 2

Notice - (1d6+1, RA)

(4) + 1 = 5

Dec 30, 2017 1:09 pm
Roach goes to take another shot but can't see his target. He does hear faint sounds of someone moving and in another direction someone asking for assistance sounding very confused from the muffled tone someplace off to his right and in front of him some distance off.
OOC:
Did you want to move in and use the roll for stealth or something else?
Jan 12, 2018 5:03 pm
OOC:
Sorry. I missed the last post.
Not seeing anything, he moves silently towards the sound, hoping to not be noticed himself.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Jan 15, 2018 4:38 pm
OOC:
No worries, took me longer then expected to post as well. I put up their actions and gave some clues from the notice roll.
Roach not seeing a target moves in.
OOC:
Woolfe's up
Jan 15, 2018 5:49 pm
Markus moves more into what he hopes is a flanking position.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d8, 1d6, RA)

1d8 : (4) = 4

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Jan 15, 2018 10:14 pm
Remembering his training Woolfe moves in, the sounds he hears are closer but he can't get a bead on an exact location.

OOC:
init order
Roach
Woolfe
those guys

Deck Draws

Roach, Woolfe, Mercs
10 of Clubs
4 of Diamonds
3 of Spades
Jan 16, 2018 12:47 pm
Roach keeps his head down as he crawls forward, trying to spot anyone hostile.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Stealth - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm
Roach blinks and sees a small object bouncing as he peers under a car to see what's ahead on the otherside before sliding over it. His shades register it as a prayer bead from a rosary, matching beads from the parkinglot by the tower. Tracking in the direction he picks up two sets of feet moving with purpose and one set being walked/dragged it seems 200 meters ahead of him and to his right. In the chaos still Roach is pretty sure he's almost a ghost like stalker amongst the macabre scenes around him.
OOC:
He's picked up two mercs and possibly the priest. Woolfe's up.
Jan 17, 2018 1:25 am
Markus makes his way to where he thinks a new extraction point may be.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Stealth - (1d8, 1d6, RA)

1d8 : (2) = 2

Jan 17, 2018 12:48 pm
Woolfe with a quick glance around look figures out a good spot possibly for an extraction by helicopter and begins to moving not noticing a broken off piece of steal pipe that clatters and bounces on the ashphalt into the grass off the road. He moves away to cover and doesn't hear the sudden report of gun in his direction but both agents hear the sounds of labored moving and someone asking, 'Where are you taking me?' and 'I can't see I'm going to fall!' coupled with the sound of someone stomping and stumbling about. You realize the remainder of the kidnappers are likely just trying to put distance in between them and you as the best offense.

Roach and Woolfe get to the side of the highway to see movement of three figures throw tall vegetation making telling them apart difficult without getting closer.
OOC:

Init Order:
Roach
Them
Woolfe

Deck Draws

Roach,Woolfe, Those Guys Running
Ace of Clubs
4 of Hearts
8 of Diamonds
Jan 17, 2018 6:38 pm
Adam has learnt from his previous attempt at surprising the enemy, that they find him totally non threatening. Instead he's trying to move even closer, hoping the tall vegetation could cover his movement as well.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Jan 17, 2018 8:07 pm
Roach moves off the highway down the embankment into the tall vegetation pushing forth through the greenery. He hears someone yell and the sudden 'oomph' falling and hitting hard before sounds of being dragged and people muttering in Russian.
OOC:
Woolfe's up.
Jan 18, 2018 2:19 am
Markus makes sure the scope and silencer are on his submachine gun and then pulls the submachine gun up into the ready position and takes off after the kidnappers.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d8, 1d6, RA)

1d8 : (1) = 1

Notice (to see if he has a shot) - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Jan 18, 2018 1:12 pm
Woolfe and Roach emerge from the tall vegetation into a small clearing with their guns drawn to see two injured and tattered mercenaries and a man with a bag on his head that looks to be their contact. They turn guns at the two and seem for lack of better terms to have seen better days. One of them had a bandage over his left eye and head that seems quite red now. The other says something in Russian and they drop the hostage to the ground and move back away from him and the two of you slowly with their guns up.
OOC:
They seem to attempting to leave, it might be some brilliant sneaky tactic or they might just be tired and not want to die like everyone else, they've also just seen a horrific scene and been in an accident. What do you two do?
Jan 19, 2018 1:12 am
Woolfe looks over at Roach Know any Russian? he asks as he lines the one with the bandage over his eye up in the scope of his weapon.
Jan 19, 2018 12:27 pm
"Nyet," Adam replies, spending his entire vocabulary at once.

"Cover me?" Adam asks as he move as quiet as he can up to the hostage, his pistol raised, ready to fire should it be needed.
Jan 19, 2018 2:52 pm
Roach and Woolfe have an intense few moments of a stand off waiting for something to happen. When nothing does Roach had a moment to take the hood off the man and it is indeed their contact.

"What is that woman involved in? What's happening?" he finally gets out.
OOC:
Back into RP mode, where you guys head and how?
Feb 9, 2018 3:48 pm
Markus looks at the man. What were you supposed to tell us to do...before all this mess happened? He says waving his hand back at the mess behind him. I suppose if nothing else, we should move away from this mess.
Feb 9, 2018 5:02 pm
OOC:
Activity! ^o^
"Well there was a lady moving around the wilderness close to my church. Thought she might be in trouble last time I saw her since she was wearing funny clothing. I was contacted to talk to some people at the park when I meet you people... wasn't there another one of you? I was going to take you guys to my church after we split up and that made me think she was into something serious and possibly dangerous. Then I thought I got car jacked since someone hit me and, then kidnapped from the bag, and then there was shooting, and the screaming, and a very bumpy ride, followed by more shooting and screaming, so a lot of stuff happened." he eventually gets out standing on shakey legs it seems as the adrenaline seems to leave him. He closed his eyes and breaths in slowly and exhales.
Feb 10, 2018 8:14 pm
Adam looks over his shoulder with a frown. "He should know the extraction point in case we got separated. So let's just ask your boss to keep him safe. The woman must be Sivi, our target."

Adam helps the missionary up. "These guys evidently knows you, so I'm thinking the church is out."
Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm
The man makes the sign of the cross and nods as if you guys seem to know what is going on and what to do so he's following your lead.
OOC:
What's your plan on getting out of the area now? You do know she was 'last seen' by the priest close to his church in the wilderness.
Feb 13, 2018 2:12 am
Woolfe looks at Roach. Should we scout out the wilderness...to see if she is there?
Feb 13, 2018 1:21 pm
The priest asks where you are since although he doesn't know how long he was hooded he doesn't think they've traveled that far and explained he left for the meet up at the tower yesterday from his church since it's a bit of a trip.
Feb 15, 2018 10:09 am
Adam takes out his phone, hoping to use the gps to see if they are far away from the church. "Do you have a place to hide out until all of this is over father?" Adam asks. "Don't want to take you into a potentially dangerous situation again."
Feb 15, 2018 6:59 pm
"I would say my church since it's a way into the mountains... but I'd have to get there." he explains.

Roach realizes they're close to a place called Шортанды which translates to Shortandy. He's unsure if that's good or bad.
Feb 16, 2018 1:12 pm
"We're at some place called... Shortandy?" Adam says, hoping his pronunciation is somewhat right. "Could you guide us back to your chuch? It'll be a good place to start our search."

Looking around he's trying to find a vehicle to reappropriate.
Feb 16, 2018 3:42 pm
I could it is mostly a long drive maybe 200 kilometers." he explains.
OOC:
Let me get a notice check don't forget your bonus, you both can look around.
Feb 17, 2018 4:02 pm
Markus looks around to see if there seems to be any inconspicuous vehicle that could be ... borrowed... for a 200 km journey....

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Feb 18, 2018 11:20 am
OOC:
Notice

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Feb 20, 2018 8:57 pm
Neither of you see anything you like. There is still the vehicle you drove here in although it is a bit banged up. The priest falls to his knees seeing the carnage. The two agents see their teammate cradling an unmoving body and in his lap and a small boy who weeps openly.
Feb 25, 2018 2:26 pm
Adam curses as he walks over to his teammate. The whole situation making him uncomfortable, he stands there a moment, not knowing what to do. Awkwardly he places a hand on his shoulder then trying to say something, but no words come.
Feb 26, 2018 3:55 am
Markus starts to make his way towards the car they came in. Let's go! he calls out to the other team members. We need to be gone.
Feb 26, 2018 5:13 pm
Roach can tell by the scrunched up face and closed eyes the young boy's similar face and horse crying means he's made the realization some time ago. Prentis rocks quietly holding one of the fatalities. Looking around Roach realizes the levity of how extensive things were. Sirens in the distance put him at odds at what to do. It seems Prentiss might be in shock of what happened and he's not moving for some time.

Markus yells for the team to get to the original stolen car. The priest has reached several times for rosary beads on his forearm that he never seems to find as he continues to stumble away from the carnage making the sign of the cross and muttering under his breath taking it in.

The two of you get into the car with the priest in the back. The carnage and aftermath get smaller behind you but distance doesn't seem to diminish the situation and images from your mind that much. The priest stays quiet in the back. The drive to Shortandy is quiet but as you reach the outskirts of the town. The closest sign to the Highway reads 'Disko-Bar'
Apr 3, 2018 11:45 am
OOC:
Checks pulse to mark time of death.
Apr 4, 2018 1:58 am
OOC:
I'm not dead, yet.
Markus looks back at the priest. So...where should we go...
Apr 4, 2018 1:19 pm
"'Disko-Bar' I need a drink." he states pulling his collar off and sighing. Roach busies himself for a bit muttering about the car's transponder and takes to fiddling with the car and checking something online.
Apr 5, 2018 2:33 am
Markus pulls into the parking lot of the Disko-Bar...making a cursory look about the place.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Apr 5, 2018 11:03 am
Shortandy seems to be the name of the district you're in by the signs and you find a place you point out to Roach to stash the car while he works on it. The bar seems quiet dead considering the time of day and the silence on the road this makes sense. Someone comes to serve you and the priest gets a beer. Woolfe realizes it's been a while since he ate. Once you're settled the barkeep seems to go in the back to handle things leaving you it seems on an honor system to not bail on your tab. Likely from him looking at the priest collar on the bar and figures he probably doesn't want to know what's causing a priest to drink this time of day.

"So... this isn't really what I was expecting. I was just going to show you people the area, but then there was the car jacking and the guns, and the Russian, were they mafia? And the shooting, and the screams, and the violence... and the death..." he rambles taking a pull of his beer and staring off in contemplation. "What is going on?" he asks exasperated.
OOC:
SA will be MIA for a few months it seems, You know as a point of contact he knows some things about the world most don't in this case you know although you're 'green' as an agent he's totally out of the know right now on what's going on.
Apr 5, 2018 11:42 pm
Well, truth be told, it is probably a little better for you not to know too much. Markus takes a swig of his beer. I am trying to find someone that looks like this. he says taking his phone and showing a picture of the scientist they are trying to find.
Apr 6, 2018 1:19 pm
The man nods, "I remember, I was suppose to take you to my church so you can see where I last spotted here. But then all this happened." he explains waving a hand around, "It tempers one's faith in humanity..."

Roach eventually comes in cleaning off his hand and downs a beer as well since it's been a helluva first day on the job he admits. After a bit you all have the option of going down the interstate the rest of the way to the small town and then the priest church if you'd like.
OOC:
I'll pull SA's PC along for the most part it's a solo mission from a meta perspective now.
Apr 8, 2018 2:44 pm
I can see how it would do that... Markus says as he takes another drink. He looks around the bar one more time and then leans in to talk to the priest. It is vital we figure this out though. Are you up to going to your church now? I have a feeling we may want to continue moving quickly...
Apr 9, 2018 4:48 pm
"As long as we pay for our food, drink, and services." he explains. Paying you head out and are on the road for a few hours, the sun is going down and you see the lights of what looks like a decent sized town. The priest points to a turn and you never get closer to the town before the scenery is swallowed up by trees on both sides of the road, you feel the elevation changing and you find yourself pulling up to a small missionary style church on an elevated area overlooking an expanse of forest below. In the starlight it seems nice, the sounds of occasional wildlife are heard around you as the priest get out. You both realize how quiet it is here as the priest enters the church. He mentions making a small diner and getting a bottle of wine for all of you a little later. For now there was firewood that needed to be cut and to figure out where you'll sleep. He lights a series of vigil candies and lets you know you're free to explore the forest just don't get lost in the dark.
Apr 10, 2018 1:13 am
Markus decides the first thing he should do is look around the grounds and get a feel for the lay of the land. He also figures it would not hurt to see if there is any sign of someone having been here before the two of them. If they knew to grab the priest...they probably knew where the priest lived.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Apr 10, 2018 11:09 am
OOC:
Tracking would be for checking traffic.
It might be due to the day or the dark but you don't see anything of note in a walk around the area. Roach states he's going inside since it's way to quiet out here. You notice him looking at his signal and peg him as more of a city type.
Apr 12, 2018 1:20 am
Markus shrugs and decides to make his way to the house. He opens the door and walks inside.
Apr 12, 2018 1:56 pm
Roach manages to get the car into the small barn and he lets you know there's a tractor in their which gets a chuckle out of the Priest. A small quite meal and some blankets have the two of you in the church pews overnight. In the morning you wake to the priest praying at the front of the small missionary style church. Roach complains muttering about his phone almost having no charge and 'five more minutes'.
Apr 13, 2018 12:22 am
Woolfe raises an eyebrow and looks over at Roach. Five more minutes until what? he whispers as he sits up and stretches his arms out.
Apr 13, 2018 2:34 pm
Roach squirms in his sleep supposedly telling the Swedish Tanning Team one at a time since he's only human and chuckles in his sleep. The Priest when he's done praying brings you a modest breakfast and a cup of coffee shaking his head. After your breakfast you get a look at the area in the early morning light. The priest points out the area from where he had spotted the woman in the forest below, it's a bit of trekking around so he opts to state he'll prep a hiking lunch in case you're out all day. Woolfe is realizing the mission personnel has dropped rapidly and things seem down to him to solely carry out the mission. This seems a bit sobering to think of in a church in the middle of no where considering the events of the previous day.
OOC:
Plans, thoughts, ideas, questions on how to proceed?
Apr 17, 2018 12:22 am
Markus sits down and takes stock of his items. He asks the priest if he has a map he might use as he goes to trek through the forest. He graciously accepts the hiking lunch. He cleans all of his weaponry, makes sure he has a flashlight and some batteries, and starts to get read to head out.

As he does all this, he decides to call HQ to see if they have had any other intelligence come in that he should know about.
Apr 17, 2018 2:34 pm
The priest apologizes for not having a map since he's learned the area from traversing it himself. He does manage to give you a rough sketch of the area which you feel doesn't have the measurements down you need to use it for land navigation.

Heading out you get reports of the carnage that occurred downtown close to your meetup which was spun up as an attack by extremist, the highway attack in succession was a buzz since it seemed to be the sight of the extremist getting into a firefight, some had escaped several were wounded or dead with unconfirmed counts. You realize if you had been looking at the news this would have been possibly large headlines not just locally. Regionally where you are there hasn't been that much going on.

HQ seems to have already extracted one of your team members that was left behind he's being put on probation due to certain levels of disregard for caution using his powers having lead to multiple areas of confusion. Fortunately the situations couldn't be linked to him but it seems being honest of not knowing how he was able to do what caused the second event caused increasing concern and he's being brought up for additional evaluation.
Apr 18, 2018 1:20 am
Markus sighs on reading the reports and hearing from HQ. He looks at the map, takes a sip of water, and starts to head towards where the priest said he saw the lady.
Apr 18, 2018 3:26 pm
OOC:
Lets go with a Dramatic Task to resolve the next part, you can determine what kind of roll you want to make (using Tradecraft, Climbing, or Notice comes to mind) for the check. You'll have five rolls to attempt to get a predetermined amount of successes by me. For example rolling notice and get an 8 would be two successes towards using the five rolls.
With the directions from the Priest and down to his lonesome Woolfe sets off into the Great Outdoors to see a lady scientist about a possible situation... He was unsure if it sounded odd enough to be a movie as he pressed off from 'Homebase'.
Apr 19, 2018 2:59 am
OOC:
Okay...first time for this. Let me know if I am doing it right. I'm going to go with notice.
Markus feels he should have paid more attention to those outdoor survival classes he originally went through back in the day. It may have helped him a bit more on this part of his mission. But maybe...just maybe...he might know just enough to get him by. Especially, if he kept his eyes open. His eyes are constantly scanning across the landscape, hoping to see something that will help him out.

Rolls

Notice (1) - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Notice (2) - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Notice (3) - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Notice (4) - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (662) = 14

Notice (5) - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Apr 19, 2018 12:15 pm
The beginning looks promising in the search as you pick up on some tracks. For some odd reason smaller hiking boot tracks that look like they're high heels tips you off. The search spans on for several hours and at one point you find yourself having disturbed a large colony of bees which gets you spun about on your search vector but thankfully not stung. You see a flash of red in the trees as times and you seem to finally catch up before you loose it. Was it an animal maybe? You sigh as it's an hour or so past noon already and you've been at this for some time now.

You feel something land on your shoulder and turn to look to see a small green bird with a red face staring back at you.

"I must say you've looked to have an interesting morning." it states before preening itself suddenly.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/Rosy-faced_lovebird_%28Agapornis_roseicollis_roseicollis%29.jpg/220px-Rosy-faced_lovebird_%28Agapornis_roseicollis_roseicollis%29.jpg
Apr 19, 2018 11:59 pm
Markus jumps involuntarily...shaken by the fact a bird is talking to him. He shakes his head as if clearing something from his mind and then looks over at the creature.

You could definitely say that, he answers while looking closely at the bird...trying to see if this is really a mechanical device of some sort. Have you been following me all this time?

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Apr 20, 2018 1:00 pm
"I like to look at a lot of things, I'm on vacation after all." he explains. You're mind tries to jump through the gap that this looks like a real bird.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.