Numenera?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 20, 2017 7:19 pm
I am more interested in Works Miracles right now, so I'd like to clear that up too.

Len

Oct 20, 2017 7:57 pm
Cool. I was going down the Works Miracles path for the "Paladin" flavor, but I'm glad I didn't now that you mention you're interested in it :)
Oct 23, 2017 1:08 pm
Sounds cool, although it's suggested everyone have different foci. There's still allowance in the system for say two people playing twins to have the same descriptor, type, and foci and still be different due to class moves, stat pools, and options taken.
Oct 23, 2017 1:21 pm
I joined two Numenera games on the site, and both of those games died early deaths. If I manage to get into this one brewing here I will probably use the same character:

OOLIN, Mechanical Jack who Fuses Mind and Machine
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/aa/19/45/aa1945ed4c41ddb1624c8f246082eb31.jpg
Last edited October 23, 2017 1:21 pm
Oct 25, 2017 3:47 am
I'm kinda hoping the MCG eventually gets my order to me (it's been over a month). There's a lot of PDF material that I'd like to get ahold of as inputs into this. That said, I've got a bunch going on at work at the moment, so it'll be a little bit yet before I pull it all together.
Oct 25, 2017 1:01 pm
No worries, also considering the time of year the holidays are coming (Insert game of thrones music here when they say Winter is coming).

Len

Oct 25, 2017 4:49 pm
Thanks for the update falryx. Happy to work on your schedule. Let us know if you need anything from us at any time.
Oct 25, 2017 5:44 pm
Noticed we had seven. If we get more did you want to split it Falryx? I should probably GM more games in truth myself... If you were going to play Falryx which system would you want to play in since you're currently GMing this makes what the 4th?
Oct 30, 2017 2:56 am
Ok. Things have begun to coalesce.

I can probably manage 5-6 players -- so I think we're ok without having to split -- but if folks would rather try and pull two 4-person parties together I won't argue with that! There are a couple options I'm entertaining -- one of which is working through elements of the Jade Colossus. Any of you folks have any experience with that supplement? I don't think we'll start out there, but it gives me some framework around where I'd like to start and some impetus to travel.
Oct 30, 2017 3:39 am
I have no experience with Jade Colosuss, but I'm happy to make that voyage.
Oct 30, 2017 1:23 pm
Well if everyone just plays you'd have 6 I believe (Unsure if you wanted to play though since you rarely get the chance it seems). My Face to Face weekly GM enjoys the book since it gives you a lot options (tables) to come up with things that you can string together that work well together.
Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm
Yah -- the book has a system/engine for creating ruins which should be quite helpful to any GM -- I'll use that regardless. The key question is whether or not I use some or all of the rest of the content. More reading to be done by me.

Len

Oct 30, 2017 2:50 pm
Hey falryx, thanks in advance for all the prep you're doing. I have never played with the Jade Colossus book and it sounds awesome.
Oct 30, 2017 2:51 pm
[ +- ] Pic
Oct 30, 2017 8:34 pm
Any room left for one more? The system has always interested me.
Nov 8, 2017 4:12 am
Just as a heads up -- I'm due to take a week's vacation (Hawaii!) shortly. So I won't spin anything up until after that.

Len

Nov 8, 2017 3:10 pm
Have a great trip falryx! Thanks for the heads up and thanks for all the effort that you are putting into this game.
Nov 9, 2017 4:40 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I joined two Numenera games on the site, and both of those games died early deaths. If I manage to get into this one brewing here I will probably use the same character:

OOLIN, Mechanical Jack who Fuses Mind and Machine
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/aa/19/45/aa1945ed4c41ddb1624c8f246082eb31.jpg
And I'll be Niloo Mystical Glaive who Fuses Flesh and Steel
Nov 10, 2017 1:40 am
And I'll be LOONI, Maniacal hobo who super-glues butts and toilet seats.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.