Numenera?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Nov 17, 2017 5:41 pm
Well it's been a minute and the holidays cometh so far we've got:

Phil - Manhunter Gaz,m the Resourceful Jack who Has no Fear of Dark Places.
Remnant - Mikkitto the Resilient Glaive that Hunts with Great Skill.
Len - Character, Descriptor Type who Absorbs Energy
Jabes - OOLIN, Mechanical Jack who Fuses Mind and Machine
TGR - Character, Descriptor Type who Foci
jkl123 - Soos, the Foolish jack who Works Miracles
DM_Apexwolf - Niloo Mystical Glaive who Fuses Flesh and Steel (maybe)
HypCo - LOONI, Maniacal hobo who super-glues butts and toilet seats (Mad Jack who Explores Deep Waters?) maybe

Any updates besides Jabes I think everyone's possibly fleshing out a build still? Anyone ready for connections? If we finish connections and builds who's up for some RP frothy goodness?
Last edited November 20, 2017 6:05 pm
Nov 17, 2017 8:32 pm
I think I am going with Soos, the Foolish jack who Works Miracles. Also, yes, I am down for a little huddle if people wouldn't mind.
Nov 18, 2017 2:48 am
Sorry, I thought this was only the interest thread, and it wasn't entirely clear were splitting people up into groups. I had just been waiting until a game were up, but I can put a character together. My apologies if people were waiting on me.
Nov 18, 2017 5:25 am
Nah, it's cool. No pressure. Lenpelletier started with the paladin that Absorbs Energy, and people just kept piling on.
As long as falryx hasn't given his seal of approval, things are still in flux (for me at least).
Nov 18, 2017 3:50 pm
Yea, was waiting for falryx to get back to start. Was messing with Jabes on my name.
Nov 18, 2017 3:55 pm
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
Sorry, I thought this was only the interest thread, and it wasn't entirely clear were splitting people up into groups. I had just been waiting until a game were up, but I can put a character together. My apologies if people were waiting on me.
If Remnant is right then we have 8 and it could be better to split into 2 parties. If we have a second GM that is.
Last edited November 18, 2017 3:55 pm
Nov 18, 2017 4:18 pm
It is an interest thread but since Falryx was busy we have possibly 8 players for a game. Mostly since we have a bit of free time until it starts just seeing what everyone was thinking of playing and maybe get some of the connections done. Like do we all know each other. Does no one let my character drink since he always ends up someplace crying and losses his pants? Tehcnically I guess this is more char gen but seeing it outside a private game thread might get other people wanting to try the system.
Nov 19, 2017 2:56 am
I threw together a Jack, so if people want to get a game together to help Remnant's PC find their pants, I'm good to go.

Manhunter Gaz is a resourceful Jack who has no fear of dark places.
Nov 20, 2017 11:53 am
Remnant says:
HypCo - LOONI, Maniacal hobo who super-glues butts and toilet seats (Mad Jack who Explores Deep Waters?) maybe
Haha, that was mostly a joke. As much I would like to join another game, my plate is overflowing at the moment; add to that a system I'm unfamiliar with and I think my brain will implode.
Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm
@ HypCo No worries I think the systems pretty easy to pick up. There's always listening to Actual Plays to grock new systems also.
Nov 21, 2017 3:41 pm
Numenera is SUPER easy to learn and incredibly fun
Nov 21, 2017 3:48 pm
Monte Cook just let people know Geek and Sundry are doing a Numenera game tonight (Tuesday, 21st of November) @ 7pm Pacific Standard Time. Unsure about the length though but it'll probably run past my bedtime.
Nov 21, 2017 7:01 pm
Please feel free to coordinate amongst yourselves as much as you like! My focus is on building a reasonable string of potential encounters together to have a campaign of sorts. I'll steal from some of the published material and add some of my own stuff -- and reinterpret the history of the 9th world a little. Having you guys work amongst yourselves to define potential characters and relationships is awesome stuff that I will happily draw upon when I work with you guys!

I've not made the game yet here since I haven't figured out a great name (this seems like the hardest part!) but if you'd prefer for me to get that up and together so you have a place to post a bunch, we can do that.

Also note that if we're at 7 players, I can make that work.
Nov 21, 2017 7:24 pm
Hmm Seven in the ninth?
Nov 22, 2017 7:58 pm
Phil -- I've been poking around at the foci to see if they will influence what I put together for the campaign. Where does 'has no fear of dark places' come from so I can look it up and understand the context a bit better? I've poked around in what I have and haven't found it -- so I suspect it's from something I have but don't have indexed or something I should get! :)
Nov 23, 2017 2:29 am
Sorry, this is my first time out in Numenera. I just re-wrote the "Explores dark places" focus in the CRB. I'll stick with the text as written to avoid any confusion.
Nov 26, 2017 6:29 am
What if we all grew up together in a small village or maybe a larger cities orphanage?
Nov 26, 2017 6:39 am
I already have a backstory for OOLIN. But she could have wound up at the orphanage and met you guys there.
Quote:
OOLIN remembers little from her past. She knows that she is on the run from the shady organization that gave her her cybernetic implants. She has no idea for what purpose they 'built' her but she knows that for some reason they tried to destroy her. The organization attempted to destroy her remotely but all that accomplished was severing what control, communications and tracking link they still had on her. So she's in the wind, and trying to build a life of her own. Are they still looking for her? Who knows?

She has never had a name, only an alphanumeric designation/callsign. From what little she remembers from her time in the laboratories of the organization that made her what she is, they've only ever addressed her this way: N1700. It is etched onto the sole of her right foot. After she escaped, lost and alone, she has on occasion had to give her name to people she's met. "OOLIN". (which is N1700 read upside-down, of course!)

OOLIN wants to learn all she can about the numenera. She collects cyphers and implants - particularly those that augment her mind, though in order to survive in the world she's not above acquiring those that enhance her physically as well.

____ knows a few things that can help when OOLIN's implants malfunction.
Nov 26, 2017 7:45 pm
What if said "orphanage" is running experiments on certain kids, maybe the ones that show more promise so not all are subject to the experimentation and most don't even know about it.
Nov 27, 2017 3:02 pm
I kind of built a grown man for a PC but I guess it could be scaled to a young adult visiting if we go the small village where people know each other.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.