Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Jun 10, 2015 6:07 pm
Esteber feels the wind from a very strong punch fly past his face.
Jun 10, 2015 6:16 pm
Herja realizes she is more weakened from hunger than she thought. She hits Esteber with her nastiest stare instead. In response to the discussion about the guild tokens she takes 15 of them.
Jun 10, 2015 6:37 pm
"I'll take twenty!" Bartholemew proclaims excitedly! "Now we'll definitely need to make sure our 'client' stays well protected for a few weeks!"

"Will the guild provide any rations for the trip out to meet the client?"

OOC: How long will the trip take us?
Jun 10, 2015 7:02 pm
"You can purchase supplies for your trip with your guild tokens." the scribe says as he goes over to his desk. He picks up a bracelet for each of you and puts it on your wrist. "This serves as your proof of Adventurer Guild membership and allows you to utilize guild resources around the Freelands. You should wear it at all times. It has no magical properties."

Looking at the map you think it would be a days journey on foot
Jun 10, 2015 7:05 pm
Well, I certainly hope this is not your name... I have heard of the temper of the northern folk. Since we are going to work together, I sincerely hope we can end up getting along. Tell you what, since it seems I've offended you by complimenting you on your stunning beauty somehow, how about I buy you a drink?

(OOC: Is this 10 tokens each or 10 for the whole group?)
Jun 10, 2015 8:07 pm
Herja regards Esteber icily. "We'll get along just fine as long as you keep your hands to yourself. You may call me Herja. I'll buy my own drinks, thank you. Are we all headed for Bergmann's then?" She looks at Slae, who has not claimed any tokens yet.
Last edited June 10, 2015 8:17 pm
Jun 10, 2015 9:15 pm
Enchanted to make your acquaintance Herja, as I said earlier, I am Esteber Palmelia. Sorry, I was merely being polite, but I guess different cultures, different mores... Well, I guess we are all headed there then. I'll go put those tokens to good use and buy myself some more armor, who knows, I might need it...
Jun 11, 2015 12:18 am
Slae stifles a chuckle seeing Estobar's charms backfire so spectacularly. He then takes a bite of the sweet roll looking over the map and pondering the proposition. With a slight shrug, he lifts his head and accepts the offer. This may be just the thing to bring him closer to his goal and these fools errrr friends will do nicely to get him there. If they don't kill each other first.
Jun 11, 2015 1:02 am
Herja glances down at the guild bracelet she allowed to be placed on her wrist. The clerk said it bore no magical properties, but can he and his guild be trusted? What if these were set to scry on them? Herja concentrates on the bracelet, probing it with her mind.

Rolls

Detect Magic (CTN 11) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jun 11, 2015 10:46 am
Herja doesn't see an aura around the bracelet
Jun 11, 2015 3:48 pm
It is a crisp spring day, late morning, when you head out of Praern along the old road that travels around the northern side of the Lough Derg. The road, little more than a path worn by wagon wheels, is empty. Not many people travel by land on the northern shore of the loch. The occasional traveler that you pass nods or smiles, bidding good day as you walk past.

Decisions, decisions...

This trail moves into a hilly region and moves further from the lake as it heads north by northwest.

You could continue upon the road, or choose to walk the shore of the lake. It's clear that at some points along the shoreline it may become a bit more treacherous as it nears the cliffs however the road will probably require catching a side trail or some overland travel to connect back to the cliffs in order to reach your destination, but it makes for easier travel.

Regardless, the terrain is considered "rough" (either from the hills or the sandy/rocky beach), so you move at 25km per day. You suspect you can make it to the dig site by night fall, it is up to you if you wish to camp along the way to arrive in the morning or reach Atarin's camp in the evening.

Food

If anyone has hunter talent they can produce one meal a day per rank without any effort. Otherwise a MND+AG+Hunter check can be used to obtain some game suitable to feed the entire group. This will take some time, however. You may also simply use one day's worth of rations you have purchased.

Other
You are also welcome to track or search or do anything else that you wish along the way.
Jun 11, 2015 5:22 pm
If we can make it at nightfall, I don't see any reasons to stop along the way, unless you guys insist we do for some reason. Honestly, I'm not much of a hunter, so I'll stick to my trail rations...
Jun 11, 2015 6:03 pm
"The sooner we get there, the sooner we're on Attarin's clock and he'll start owing us coin." Bart chimes in as he grabs a chunk of salted beef from his pack. "I vote we keep moving."
Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm
Herja only nods in agreement and pushes on.
Jun 11, 2015 9:31 pm
Would you like to take the high road or low road?
Jun 11, 2015 10:26 pm
High road seems like a better option. Low road might be more scenic, but there is some climbing involved and I'd like to avoid doing climbing unless we absolutely have to...
Jun 12, 2015 12:03 am
"Aye, I left my climbing boots back in town" Bart says skeptically. "Herja?"
Jun 12, 2015 12:22 am
Herja shrugs. "Climbing doesn't worry me, but neither does some sand in my boot. Whichever path is fine. I just want to reach the dig as soon as possible."
Jun 12, 2015 12:55 am
The quartet keeps a steady pace along the trail soon passing no one for hours. With brief stops to drink from their waterskins or to munch a handful of trail food, the group makes good time, in the afternoon coming to the territory where nobles and merchants keep summer homes on the lake. This early in the spring, the group passes a few oxcarts, heavy laden with fancy foodstuffs and supplies undoubtedly headed for some nobleman's home. On one cart Bart sees several kegs of beer and wine! Oh, to be so wealthy!

The homes give way to the lake again and you find the trail that must lead to the shore and to Atarin's camp. It's past supper time, hopefully there will be some food left for your tired, hungry souls.
load next

Thread locked