Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Jun 15, 2015 5:49 pm
"Well, down the trail we go... I'm about ready to be finished with this little hike, and as much as I love Gertrude, she's a heavy wench." He says, reaching over his shoulder and caressing the pommel of his new two-handed sword.
Jun 15, 2015 6:00 pm
The group finally sees the shore. The sun is low in the sky as you look upon the campsite nearby. There are two large white canvas tents, a table with some stools around it, a few crates and barrels, and a large firepit.

There are no signs of movement - no one is there, unless they are in the tents. What is more troubling, however, is that there is all sorts of clothing and supplies strewn about the beach, and the firepit is unlit. Normally, one would have a fire roaring by this time in the day for cooking, warmth and security.

Beyond the camp, along the shore to your right hand side, the cliffs rise high into the air. From this distance you think you can see a tiny red flag fluttering in the wind about halfway up the rocky cliffs. Jutting up just in your vision, upon the cliff top, you can see the roof of a mansion. It must be in ruin, as you see holes in the roof and missing shingles.

What do you do?
Jun 15, 2015 10:35 pm
As soon as he spots something's amiss, Esteber motions to the group to stop and move to the edge of the road to take cover behind the vegetation as they examine the scene.

Hmm, looks like whoever made those threats decided to put them to execution. Anyone knows what that red flag means? Anyways, I think we should stealthily circle the camp and try to see if we can spot anyone or anything which might give us a clue as to what awaits us here...

(OOC: Esteber will attempt to identify it as well. I assume a knowledge or simply a MND+IN check?)
Jun 15, 2015 11:27 pm
Go with MND + IN, but it is a knowledge type check not a perception, so no 8+
Jun 16, 2015 12:56 am
(OOC: Yeah, Esteber is definitely not the brains of the team... XD)

Rolls

Attempting to identify the red flag: MND+IN (CTN4) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Jun 16, 2015 1:26 am
It's really windy, that sucker is really fluttering up there!
Jun 16, 2015 6:51 pm
Herja drops into a crouch and moves to circle the camp, hoping to better size up the situation.

Rolls

Stealth mode (MOB+AG=+4; in the underbrush= +8) - (1d20+12)

(13) + 12 = 25

Scoping out the camp (MND+IN=12) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Jun 16, 2015 7:00 pm
"Sneak? Me? Well if you think so." Bartholemew draws his large sword and crouches down, following Herja.

Rolls

Stealth (MOB+AG=10) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Jun 16, 2015 8:08 pm
Estebers tries his best to sneak around as well.

Rolls

Sneak (MOB+AG, CTN 8) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jun 16, 2015 9:19 pm
The group moves around the campsite (some more quietly than others). There is no sign of life. The flaps of the tents wave in the breeze, revealing they are unoccupied. Inside them, everything is overturned.

Even from a distance, Herja can see footprints in the wet sand and many disturbances on the beach as if a struggle took place there.
Jun 16, 2015 9:58 pm
Great, the employer's gone, so how are we supposed to be paid? Well, maybe those tracks will lead us to the survivors if there are any left... Maybe we should search the camp and check those tracks. Nobody has managed to identify this flag?

Esteber will poke around the camp looking for clues.

Rolls

Search (CTN 8) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Jun 16, 2015 10:36 pm
"Lets check out the tracks to the beach. Climbing that cliff seems like a lot of work for what's probably some rich lady's underpants that got away."
Jun 16, 2015 10:50 pm
Bart looks down at the chaos of footprints and disturbances in the wet sand. Being a warrior, he can tell there was a struggle between a group of booted individuals. Some signs of people falling or wrestling on the ground, perhaps. No blood can be found.

There are also so strange tracks coming from the water's edge, they have been partially washed away by the lapping waves. They come from the water and walk around the camp. Webbed feet, with clawed tips. The size of a man's foot.

Bart make a read tracks roll please

Esteber investigates the abandoned camp. He can see that someone has gone through the crates and trunks, strewing clothes and supplies all around. He finds a waterskin and a barrel of apples.

Anyone else who wishes to search please do so
Jun 16, 2015 11:29 pm
"Hmmmm..." Bart scratches his chin as he looks down at the tracks.

Rolls

Read tracks MND+IN= 5 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 16, 2015 11:50 pm
While studying the odd footprints, Bart slips in the surf, totally drenching himself in the cold water of the loch.

Bart, please make a MND+AU check
Jun 17, 2015 2:42 am
"Who put that log there?" Bart says to the empty beach.

OOC: This should be good :)

Rolls

MND+AU=5 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jun 17, 2015 3:20 am
As Bartholemew sits embarrassed in the water, he suddenly feels a very uncomfortable sensation. He feels he is being watched...like when he has sensed an ambush, but he cannot determine from where it originates. It makes him feel exposed. It is a silly notion, but he feels it originates from the Loch itself, but he cannot pinpoint a location.
Jun 17, 2015 2:40 pm
"BAH! Stupid lakes, never did like lakes" Bart stands up, then the hairs on the back of his neck stand up and he grabs hold of his sword. "Something is wrong guys" he grips his weapon firmly while backing away from the water. He keeps his eyes locked on the loch, trying to stay aware of whatever might be tickling his instincts.

Rolls

Perception - Base 8 - maybe? - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 17, 2015 2:41 pm
After seeing the coast is clear, Slae steps out of the weeds and looks around the camp with the others. He searches through one of the tents but finds little of value.

Rolls

Search Tent CTN 10 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jun 17, 2015 5:43 pm
Herja turns from the crate she has been inspecting and looks in horror in the direction of the lake. The hairs on her nape bristling and bile rising in her throat she remembers the lake in the Forbidden Valley east of her home. A forbidden place, said to drive men mad. She had spent a night there...an experience she'd much rather forget. Chills running up and down her spine she grits her teeth and steels herself. She grips her weapon and murmurs a prayer to her warrior god, "Mighty Varl, despite my sins, be with me now. Strengthen my arm and may my axe strike true!"

Rolls

Casting Enchant Weapon [SPC=11] - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Staring at the lake [Perception: MND+IN=12] - (1d20)

(5) = 5

load next

Thread locked