Rules Arbitration

load previous
Jul 25, 2015 2:03 am
Kildrak votes we move away from this area now. If we can stay hidden until dark that'd be awesome. But if that's not an option in the DM's opinion we attack during the day.

As for how a skill challenge would work, this group tends to post pretty regularly. Rolling initiative and having us wait our turn would not upset me.
Jul 25, 2015 2:09 am
I tend to agree. I do not like the idea of an uphill fight in daylight.

Rather, moving from the area until nightfall may be the best thing imo. Just because an alarm is raised doesn't mean a target is expecting an attack from an "impossible" back door.

I don't foresee climbing as being all that hard really, if we have a flyer to assist with crampons, grappling hooks etc
Jul 25, 2015 3:58 pm
Cassandra is really waiting for someone to lead us on, but ooc I agree, and I think we have a quorum. Cassandra is also super perceptive, so if she or anyone else hears anything, she can cast Pass Without Trace and we should be pretty safe even in daylight.
Jul 25, 2015 8:57 pm
The skill challenge has begun. For this skill challenge, the party needs at least one stealth success and one survival success per round to keep from being seen or leave signs to be seen by hobgoblins.

For skill variance between the five of you, you can't gain more than one success in a skill as a group per round. Urki, Kildrak, and Feng still have actions for this round. Applicable skills could include Stealth, Survival, Athletics, Nature, Perception, or anything else that you can make useful. If someone fails at a skill, another party member can try for a success in that skill. If a success has already been rolled in a particular skill, you can use a second success in the same round to give advantage to a party member on that skill in the next round.

Since Cassandra already got stealth, Ai Shan wouldn't have had too. If he had known about the survial roll he would have rolled survival so you have the choice of keeping it as a stealth roll to give advantage to a party member on stealth in the next round or change it to survival. We'll keep the 19 so my guess is that you'll switch to Survival and just move forward saying that requirement for this round has been filled.
Jul 26, 2015 4:02 am
well post rounds then, I don't know if I can post again and have really good stealth and athletics for this
Jul 26, 2015 5:48 am
Nah, this round you, Harlandski, and Foolsmask have acted. However, Heirophant you have a choice: whether you want to keep your 19 for a stealth check and use it to give someone advantage on stealth next round (including yourself) or whether you want to switch your roll to survival (if you're trained which I'm pretty sure you are) and net the success there for the party.
Jul 26, 2015 6:07 am
No I'll keep the 19, even thought I am trained in survival. Odds are it's the best of possible outcomes for now. Good luck until next round friends :)
Last edited July 26, 2015 6:08 am
Jul 26, 2015 6:25 am
Then you should designate who will have advantage on stealth next round.
Jul 26, 2015 6:38 am
I'll keep it for myself I'm trained in it. Is it for stealth only or can I apply it to athletics or...?

I have actually never done (played or DM) a skill challenge
Jul 26, 2015 6:46 am
I would say advantage in that skill.
Jul 26, 2015 7:21 am
Ok I am back sorry about yesterday. Will try and survival away.
Jul 26, 2015 4:54 pm
Can I ask how long a round of the skill challenge is in terms of time? As you know, Pass Without Trace lasts an hour, but I don't know if it is applicable to this journey. If I could use it, it would obviously net us our Stealth success each round of the challenge.
Jul 26, 2015 4:57 pm
Right, I would say that the use of pass without trace would give you a stealth success and advantage for whoever rolled the survival check for that round. Skill challenges are based on a preset number of successes vs failures.
Jul 26, 2015 5:01 pm
I see. Are we on round two or round one of the skill challenge at the moment? Does Cassandra have to wait until you, themightykobold, post again before she can act again? Or are we in round two already?
Jul 26, 2015 5:52 pm
Still in Round 1.
Jul 30, 2015 5:40 pm
So Enhance Ability has the following possibly useful effects:

Bear's Strength - advantage to Str rolls [also doubles carrying capacity]
Cat's Grace - advantage to Dex rolls, no damage from falling 20ft

Cassandra has raw Strength -1, Strength (Athletics) +2; Dexterity +1

Not sure which would be more useful for a climb with a rope, or who else would benefit from this spell. If two characters are in more need than Cassandra, she can cast in on them and not on herself.
Jul 31, 2015 6:15 pm
I'm going on holiday/vacation for three weeks in an area with patchy Internet access. I will do my best to post daily, but if you don't hear from me for longer than usual, you know why.

Please don't let my absence hold the game up. I think Cassandra's way of acting is pretty clear to everyone now, so please play her as an NPC if necessary:

* Perceive the f* out of things
* Use her druid abilities and spells to support the party
* For combat, if the threat is large, use lightning cloud, otherwise thorn whip for 'ranged' or shillelagh for melee.
* Curse like f*

Actually Cassandra's weakness for following orders could provide you with some fun if I don't turn up, but please don't kill my Genasi :-)
Aug 11, 2015 6:45 pm
I kinda want to speed up the rest. Would we be ok streamlining the watch schedule? Repeat the last order and I can roll perception checks in a single post?
Aug 11, 2015 7:54 pm
Yep, good idea :-)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.